Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 79293 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Headphones
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2014, 01:46:30 pm »
Very good friends bought me a set of Sennheiser RS-180 wireless headphones as a gift. Left them in to box for a couple of weeks without realising what I was missing out on.

Finally hooked them up and dropped 'Come with Us' by The Chemical Brothers into the stereo on a Saturday arvo. Went into the kitchen and turned on the tap in the sink to wash some dishes.

50 odd minutes later while 'The Test' was kicking off I noticed a puddle of water near my apartment door. After panning around the room I suddenly realised that the puddle was in fact a lake feeding off a waterfall from my kitchen sink. 

Got lost in another world wearing these things. Spent an hour mopping up the floor only to realise that every kitchen drawer and cupboard was full of water. 2 hours later I managed to get to the next CD, 'Chicago" by Groove Armada.

Now have to do a quick walk around the apartment before I put these bad boys on. Must admit my neighbours must love the fact that I can watch Liverpool in total silence at 3AM in the morning (with the exception of the occasional yelp from me when we score).
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2014, 03:44:03 pm »
I have the larger (over ear) version of these and they are a very nice pair of headphones, the closed back design means they are well suited to wearing in the office or out and about (I tend to prefer my shures then though) where the larger open back headphones I have at home would get me lynched due to sound leakage.

None of the three that you list are bad headphones in the price range and don't go down the awful beats route of fucking about with the sound, so one major consideration should be how comfortable you find them and I would recommend trying to find somewhere that stocks some or all of them so you can try them on for yourself as it doesn't matter how good a pair might sound if they just aren't comfortable for you to wear them after all.

Thanks for that! They all have very good reviews. The only thing is that the AKGs are £50 compared to the other 2 which are around 100-120.

My question is, are the other 2 worth paying extra for?
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 6, 2014, 11:21:07 pm »
Bose QC25 look pretty smart.

The replacement of the QC15's

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Last Edit: December 8, 2014, 12:07:07 am by Paulie's Wallnuts »
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 8, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »
Looking for a pair of wireless headphones.  Cant decide between the plantronics backbeat pro's (seen them for £149) or the sennheiser rs180's.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 1, 2015, 10:46:33 am »
Hi

Can someone please recommend me a pair of wireless headphones for purely watching TV.

The TV is mounted flush against the wall in me bedroom so i don't really want to have to plug anything into the TV

I'm really confused as to how these things connect to my TV.

cheers

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #126 on: December 1, 2015, 02:46:41 pm »
Hi

Can someone please recommend me a pair of wireless headphones for purely watching TV.

The TV is mounted flush against the wall in me bedroom so i don't really want to have to plug anything into the TV

I'm really confused as to how these things connect to my TV.

cheers

Does your TV have Bluetooth? Don't know of many that do, so you will more than likely have to plug in some form of Bluetooth receiver into the USB or even a radio frequency unit into the headphone port.
JFT97

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 1, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »
Does your TV have Bluetooth? Don't know of many that do, so you will more than likely have to plug in some form of Bluetooth receiver into the USB or even a radio frequency unit into the headphone port.

nah it doesnt mate. Was just looking through the manual. 

There is a headphone Jack and a Digital Audio port.

Does a bluetooth transmitter untit attach to the headphone jack or the Digital Audio port?

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #128 on: December 1, 2015, 03:11:26 pm »
nah it doesnt mate. Was just looking through the manual. 

There is a headphone Jack and a Digital Audio port.

Does a bluetooth transmitter untit attach to the headphone jack or the Digital Audio port?

Normally into a USB port - does it have one of those?
JFT97

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: December 1, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »
Normally into a USB port - does it have one of those?

yeah its got a couple of USB's

Its a Panny Viera Smart TV so quite a nice TV

Ive now seen some Bluetooth transmitters that plug into the headphone jack and the usb port for charging. Might get myself one of those unless someone recommends i don't?

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 25, 2015, 11:20:37 pm »
Can anyone recommend some decent wireless over ear headphones for around £50?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2015, 07:13:49 pm »
Got some Bowers and Wilkins P7 headphones

Words can't describe how good they are
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2015, 06:46:14 am »
Can anyone recommend some decent wireless over ear headphones for around £50?

I went for these in the end, picked them up for £50 from HMV

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B59R3OG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_CUIGwb9CJT9PB

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »
Bose QC25 .. £280.00   ::)

Mate was gonna buy these.. mad price i know, i got a pair off Flea-bay brand new sealed for £160..
I tried them.. & yes they were all that. he can afford it  ;D

http://www.whathifi.com/bose/quietcomfort-25/review
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #134 on: January 5, 2016, 03:55:01 pm »
Amazing how much difference a good pair of cans makes.

I got some Plantronics Back Beat's and they are incredible. Noise cancelling and wireless in one....has made me want to listen to all my music again.
JFT97

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 5, 2016, 04:19:27 pm »
Amazing how much difference a good pair of cans makes.

I got some Plantronics Back Beat's and they are incredible. Noise cancelling and wireless in one....has made me want to listen to all my music again.

How do wireless headphones work? I assume Bluetooth? Do modern Bluetooth standards no longer compress the audio? Whenever I've tried streaming music via Bluetooth in the past it's always sounded quite 'muddy'.

My Bose QC15's have been out of action for a few months due to the ear pads and headband falling to pieces (I'd had them a good few years so can't really complain). Fitted some replacement parts last night and had a listen to a few tracks - forgot how awesome they are.

Also recently bought a new pair of in-ear buds for keeping in my bag, the Sony MDR-EX650. Absolutely superb, definitely the best in-ear buds I've ever owned.

Offline GinKop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #136 on: January 5, 2016, 04:28:46 pm »
How do wireless headphones work? I assume Bluetooth? Do modern Bluetooth standards no longer compress the audio? Whenever I've tried streaming music via Bluetooth in the past it's always sounded quite 'muddy'.

My Bose QC15's have been out of action for a few months due to the ear pads and headband falling to pieces (I'd had them a good few years so can't really complain). Fitted some replacement parts last night and had a listen to a few tracks - forgot how awesome they are.

Also recently bought a new pair of in-ear buds for keeping in my bag, the Sony MDR-EX650. Absolutely superb, definitely the best in-ear buds I've ever owned.

Should have been clearer, yes via Bluetooh. My phone is compatible with A2DP which has made pairing and (I think) sound quality much better than historical wireless headphones.

http://www.mobileburn.com/definition.jsp?term=A2DP

When I have noise-cancelling, there is a slight degradation in sound but not noticable when you're on a noisy tube or train anyway. If I plug the wire in (for when battery might run out), then the sound quality gets to its best. Wired is still the audiophiles choice imo and the way to go if you want the purest sound quality.
JFT97

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 5, 2016, 04:32:47 pm »
Sound.

(Pardon the pun)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 7, 2016, 01:47:38 am »

If you are concerned with sound quality then the best thing to do is keep an eye out for the headphones supporting aptx.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 7, 2016, 11:49:13 am »
I picked up a Pair of AKG Y45

They were recommended by What-Hifi as best Bluetooth headphones for under £100

For a casual listener like me they are fucking ace.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2016, 05:10:51 pm »
Anyone any experience of the Marshall headphones?

Specifically, the Major II or the Monitor?

They both look cool as feck.  The Major II are obviously cheaper, my only concern would be that they're on-ear whilst the Monitors are over-ear; is it worth shelling out the extra for the Monitors, does anyone reckon?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »
Sound.

(Pardon the pun)
Haha! RAWK's just great. You'll find the best quality audio puns in ear.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2016, 04:09:15 pm »
Interestingly, if anyone is after a replacement headband or earpads for the Bose QC15s I can highly recommend the ones by Headphonemate. Top quality.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2016, 05:33:56 pm »
Bose? I can only dream of Bose.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2016, 05:44:07 pm »
Interestingly, if anyone is after a replacement headband or earpads for the Bose QC15s I can highly recommend the ones by Headphonemate. Top quality.
Anyone got a cheap source for replacement pads for grado S60s?!?! They cost a fucking packet! :o

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:48 pm »
Anyone got a cheap source for replacement pads for grado S60s?!?! They cost a fucking packet! :o
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002B4OEZ0/ref=pd_aw_sim_23_of_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=415XKP0DPzL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR100%2C75_&refRID=0HYP2BYMYCEDAM5ZKVS2

If you can handle yellow, but being open, you probably aren't listening to them in public a ton.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:59:15 pm by ericthered10 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2016, 06:33:11 pm »
If you can handle yellow, but being open, you probably aren't listening to them in public a ton.
I can handle that ;D Says they are for Sennheisers though - still good?

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2016, 06:52:03 pm »
Says it also fits Grado SR60 and SR80, both the product description and the reviews indicate they are a popular replacement for those Grados.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2016, 06:54:06 pm »
Says it also fits Grado SR60 and SR80, both the product description and the reviews indicate they are a popular replacement for those Grados.
Sccchhhhweeeeeet :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2016, 01:01:29 pm »
Pads arrived. Fit perfectly. I have my Grado back hurrah!!!!!! Thanks again for that tip. Arrived two days along with a £60 wine voucher from the supplier. Nice ;)

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »
Pads arrived. Fit perfectly. I have my Grado back hurrah!!!!!! Thanks again for that tip. Arrived two days along with a £60 wine voucher from the supplier. Nice ;)
Awesome, that was quick!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »
Awesome, that was quick!
Sssshhhhh don't tell the ladies.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2016, 03:13:55 pm »
Mum's the word

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2016, 03:25:09 pm »
I wasn't coming in here looking for that, but what a brilliant recommendation. Going to order a set of these when I get home - haven't been able to use my QC-15's for a while now as the earpads have fallen to bits and Bose were surprisingly unhelpful in getting them replaced.

No probs, Dan, happy to help.

I tried some cheap Chinese ones and they didn't attach properly. Read up and the Headphonemate ones are definitely they ones to go for.

There's a trick to getting them to attach properly, give me a shout if you're having any trouble when you get them.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
Anybody have any experience with AKG N20?

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2016, 03:13:00 pm »
Anyone seen any decent deals or got any recommendations? I am after a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones- mainly for playing music through Spotify. Flexable on price but don't really want to pay more than £150, £200 at a push

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2016, 04:29:47 pm »
I got some Bose SoundSport headphones for xmas.

Should be able to get some for that price, and they fit very nicely and are easy to use.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2016, 05:24:11 pm »
Anyone seen any decent deals or got any recommendations? I am after a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones- mainly for playing music through Spotify. Flexable on price but don't really want to pay more than £150, £200 at a push

I picked these up for £80 in the black Friday sales, absolutely made up with them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ZX770BN-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00U5WV2BY?th=1&psc=1
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »
I recommend these cause they come with soft sponge that shapes to your ears, that range is boss, but also other options like plastic cones for all shapes of ear canals, blocks out sounds and isn't intrusive to others.

£91.66

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000XPE3LO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got them in red. Love them. With audio quality... go through my post history for my experiences, I have nothing to hide. There is just perfect balance. Your ears need a little time to adapt but then you're riding on them!

There's a little clip for your coat.

I rebought these on the dole and gave up food for a week, and music is my life. That iPhone no audio jack is an outrageous con.

Lets me feel like I'm in my own space and I can hear every sound. I don't have to worry about them.

Proper balance if you want to block out train or car sounds but do be aware that you're switching off to the outside world

Most headphones want to con you with a big bass sound as if that's a substitute for quality.

I want to hear everything. I could give you books for references, the sub 100hz frequency is what all these lads have BOOM BOOM BOOM, but your ears aren't a nightclub, they're your Me Time.

These are amazing for just being true and honest and presenting to you the sound the source presented.

They're light and come with a little pouch and a cleaner.  There are spare plastic ones for all sizes.

They go in deep lads. I get me ears syringed cause it's better than sex  ::)

Your ears will thank and curse you they're organs you take for granted.

But these are boss for what's right for hearing music. They just present it as so. I cannot put it more plainly than that.

If I was their ad man, I would sell the foam that is loose enough to shape your ears. You can buy more on ebay. But it does come with a range of fittings.

That's my tuppence.

--

My device lets me balance things just so. That's my disclaimer. I meddle with the sound...

How you listen to music should at least let you shape that a little bit. If you're serious about what you hear you will be serious about things reaching you correctly.

fuckin ell, I should be a salesman
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:31:42 am by ToneLa »

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2016, 10:53:54 am »
I picked these up for £80 in the black Friday sales, absolutely made up with them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-ZX770BN-Wireless-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00U5WV2BY?th=1&psc=1

Back on sale at £80 down from £110. Bluetooth and noise cancelling :wave
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.