Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 163748 times)

Offline Stonerdude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2008, 06:48:41 pm »
Just ordered Sky HD for £105 for box & install instead of £210, just phoned up and said I didn't want the movies and sport anymore (lie), and they have a deal on at the moment for existing customers which they don't advertise. Getting installed on Saturday between 8am and 1pm ;D

Found out about this on Digitalspy, link below tells you everything you need to know about the deal if anyones interested.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=833557

Can't wait for the new season to begin now ;D

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Drew Barrymore showed me her fondue set once...
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2008, 09:40:31 pm »
just rang too.

first time, no way the deal is £150+£60.

said in enough words , ive been with your for however many years , full package blah.

no dice.

Rang again 10 mins later, said the above said wasnt happy how some people getting deal with a lesser package and im not, cue the please hold....................

yes sir you are eligable for the deal, when do you want it fitted??

;D
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2008, 11:31:52 pm »
just rang too.

first time, no way the deal is £150+£60.

said in enough words , ive been with your for however many years , full package blah.

no dice.

Rang again 10 mins later, said the above said wasnt happy how some people getting deal with a lesser package and im not, cue the please hold....................

yes sir you are eligable for the deal, when do you want it fitted??

;D

When they first came out, I tried 3 times and they wouldn't budge an inch. Obviously they are prepared to go that little bitter extra.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• Water-based lubricants, friend or foe? You be the judge....has also dabbled with deep heat...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2008, 11:41:41 pm »
2nd call wasnt looking good until i said the bit about the other woman i spoke to being very abrupt and im a full package customer.

alarm bells rang 2 mins later im sorting the installation times.

try again but go to the downgrades bit as she said customer sales dont always have the same deals as they do ,as there dealing with customers they want to keep.
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892
i know a lad that shagged twins, i asked him how he could tell the difference , he told me the lad had a mussy.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2008, 07:57:23 am »
2nd call wasnt looking good until i said the bit about the other woman i spoke to being very abrupt and im a full package customer.

try again but go to the downgrades bit as she said customer sales dont always have the same deals as they do ,as there dealing with customers they want to keep.

I already have one, I bought off E-Bay in the end and saved the £60 installation fee and installed my self.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2008, 11:29:23 am »
Just speaking to Virgin to negotiate a cheaper package. Apparently there are discussions to bring Sky HD programming either by end of 2008 or early 2009. I am contracted to May 09 so if nothing arrives by then I think I'll jib of the Virgin TV and get myself SkyHD

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38:23 am »

If your paying the full package then you've more money than sense...you deserve to be stroked...
Indeed...

Offline 1892-WELLZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2008, 11:58:12 am »
If your paying the full package then you've more money than sense...you deserve to be stroked...

heh, always said when i quit the fags id get meself sky.

what i spend on that is still less than the cigs i used to buy per month. (i think anyway) :)
Twitter - @CptChaos
PSN - Wellz-1892

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2008, 12:12:50 pm »

I get the full package including Multiroom and Sky HD and phone for £46.00 per month. :)

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2008, 12:18:48 pm »
I get the full package including Multiroom and Sky HD and phone for £46.00 per month. :)

And you could have broadband thrown in as well for the same price, if you haven't already. Seems a good deal to me.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:53 pm »
And you could have broadband thrown in as well for the same price, if you haven't already. Seems a good deal to me.

How do you get such wonderful deals? I'm due to renew, but am ready to call thru to cancellations and say I'm off to Virgin unless they give me some booty....  What are the key words?

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2008, 12:53:48 pm »
I already have one, I bought off E-Bay in the end and saved the £60 installation fee and installed my self.

Been looking at doing similar, but the prices they go for on ebay these days is more than the list £150 + £60 installation.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2008, 01:14:57 pm »
How do you get such wonderful deals? I'm due to renew, but am ready to call thru to cancellations and say I'm off to Virgin unless they give me some booty....  What are the key words?

Pretend I work for Sky retailer :P

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2008, 01:39:53 pm »
Been looking at doing similar, but the prices they go for on ebay these days is more than the list £150 + £60 installation.

I know what you mean, you might as well get Sky to do it than save a possible £10 here or there.

At the time they were £300 delivered on E-Bay and £300 from Sky + the installation. I was just determined not to pay the £60 installation charge out of principle as there is fuck all installation to do, but they wouldn't budge an inch, so it was off to E-Bay.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2008, 02:25:43 pm »
I thought Sky HD boxes were down to £99 for new customers now?

Offline Stonerdude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2008, 02:39:39 pm »
I thought Sky HD boxes were down to £99 for new customers now?

No, for new customers they are £150 + £30 install, but there is a deal if you recommend a friend to join Sky HD you get the HD box for £75 + £30, which is the deal I got but without recommending a friend

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2008, 02:50:55 pm »
Miss foxhat just watched home and away in SD  looked far superior to the BBC SD pictures(Top Gear Jonnie ross and have i got news)  why is'nt have i got news in HD ...Ben S?
Indeed...

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2008, 02:52:19 pm »
Some of us are still within their 12 months contract, besides, not really all that bothered about HD till next year when, hopefully, the F1 will be in HD. Plus, I really don't want one of those shite thomson boxes with their dodgy power supplies that required rebuilding after about a year. Roll on the pace box, if it ever materialises.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2008, 02:55:10 pm »
Some of us are still within their 12 months contract, besides, not really all that bothered about HD till next year when, hopefully, the F1 will be in HD. Plus, I really don't want one of those shite thomson boxes with their dodgy power supplies that required rebuilding after about a year. Roll on the pace box, if it ever materialises.

It's the hard drive that's fucked up on me twice and something to do with the HD encoding the first time. 4 boxes in 2 years is ridiculous though.

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2008, 02:59:49 pm »
Aye, must be annoying as fuck as well if you have a disk full of stuff you haven't watched yet, not like the good old days of tape when you got a new video and you had all your stuff safe on tape (assuming the video hadn't chewed it up.)

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »

Ohh the much vaunted pace box....thank fuck i've been watching and recording HD with a shitty thomson box for the last 2 yrs....which despite reports has'nt missed a fucking beat...
Indeed...

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2008, 04:10:38 pm »
Bet if you took the top of you'd see bulging capacitors.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2008, 04:19:04 pm »
Ohh the much vaunted pace box....thank fuck i've been watching and recording HD with a shitty thomson box for the last 2 yrs....which despite reports has'nt missed a fucking beat...

And I'm on my 4th.

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2008, 04:45:25 pm »
Bet if you took the top of you'd see bulging capacitors.

Ahh the old caps drying out.....happens every domestic product (with a clock) all caps shite themselves and start leaking when starved...(when people go on hols) panasonic videos are the worst....

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:03:12 pm by wearthefoxhat »
Indeed...

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »
And I'm on my 4th.

Keith for my sins ......i'll admit to being a sky installer (independent) and the thomson v4 box is very very reliable...most faults are customers being retarded and when the new EPG gets rolled out it just might be the best Tele service..
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:11:54 pm by wearthefoxhat »
Indeed...

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:02 pm »
Keith for my sins ......i'll admit to being a sky installer (independent) and the thomson v4 box is very very reliable...most faults are customers being retarded and when the new EPG gets rolled out it just might be the best Tele service..

How do you tell which version Thomson box you've got ? Ta!
"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2008, 09:03:17 pm »
When is the new EPG coming out?

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2008, 08:51:22 am »
How do you tell which version Thomson box you've got ? Ta!

If it's working, it's a V4.  ;D

Offline kmo1969

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:02 am »

:D I have a feeling it maybe V3 for some reason. Bought if off ebay early last year and have had no major issues with it. It does occasionally switch itself off and I've had a couple of failed recordings but other than that it seems to be working ok. Fingers crossed. This thread will be probably be the death of it now !  ;D

"When I decided to sign a new contract I did it because Liverpool Football Club is more than a club. It is the heart of the city. It is our life and for the people here it means so much. I thought I had to sign. We have to fight. We have to do it."

"Hello, a big heart has space for everyone. Thank you."

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2008, 12:05:24 pm »
Ahh the old caps drying out.....happens every domestic product (with a clock) all caps shite themselves and start leaking when starved...(when people go on hols) panasonic videos are the worst....

And they stop working correctly and you end up with an unreliable box, hence the big market for rebuilt PSU kits for the Thomson boxes.

In most cases the only difference between the "versions" is the manufacturer of the hard drive.

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »
Does anyone know for sure whether Setanta are launching an HD channel  for the start of the footie season?....most details i've heard or read have been sketchy at best..
Indeed...

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2008, 11:22:02 am »
On hold now waiting for cancellations..... what should I say / go for??  :P

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2008, 11:35:38 am »
On hold now waiting for cancellations..... what should I say / go for??  :P

Why did you ring them?

Offline Ryde-On

• Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2008, 02:04:09 pm »
Why did you ring them?

As I'm about to be out of contract.  They said ring back in a month and they'll be able to sort me out.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12:55 pm »
As I'm about to be out of contract. They said ring back in a month and they'll be able to sort me out.

Fuck me, they are getting heavy these days. When I was out of contract they just let it run, christ knows what I'd have done if they threatened to twat me.  ;)

Seriously, what do you want, ie upgrade, lesser package etc. Although I would imagine you're all sorted now.

Offline Ryde-On

• Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2008, 03:36:16 pm »
Got fuck all, so told them to stick it and gave them my 30-day notice.

The missus can sign up and we'll get a nice new customer offer.  Fuming! They made out I should be grateful for having already had a box for free and them not charging when I moved house - despite the fella only having to put a new cable in from the wall to tv!!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2008, 05:38:15 pm »
Just had a brand new box after having some problems with the old (7 months) one. It's a real fucker having to rest the series links for all our stuff and reset the favourite channels. Why they don't have a facility to transfer the old to the new is beyond me especially given how many boxes they seem to change.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2008, 09:26:44 pm »
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

FUCK! The useless fucking Sky engineer changed the box and neglected to check that it was working properly. After he had gone I tried to record one channel and watch another but NO! There was no second input. A few minutes later and then the box went and fucking DIED. The power light blinks on and then goes off and stays off for a few minutes before blinking on and then off. Could not get back hold of the engineer so we ring Sky and they say the next available visit for an engineer is the 11th of August.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2008, 10:42:49 pm »
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

FUCK! The useless fucking Sky engineer changed the box and neglected to check that it was working properly. After he had gone I tried to record one channel and watch another but NO! There was no second input. A few minutes later and then the box went and fucking DIED. The power light blinks on and then goes off and stays off for a few minutes before blinking on and then off. Could not get back hold of the engineer so we ring Sky and they say the next available visit for an engineer is the 11th of August.

Ring them back and say you want your account crediting for 11 days in August.

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2008, 10:49:00 pm »
The curse of the shitty Thomson build quality strikes again I see.

Wouldn't stand for th e 11th, phone em up and kick off, all they need to do is swap the box which will take them all of five mins, they could post you one quicker ::).