Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 863106 times)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2006, 08:12:54 pm »
Agreed. Got my D500 a couple months ago on the off peak 750 T-Mobile deal. After only ever having nokia phones for 6 years, it did take a bit of time to get used to. Its not a bad phone by any means but it can be annoying with some of its little interface faults pointed out here.

Mainly its years old, cheapskate ;)

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2006, 09:11:58 pm »
i have a Zach Morris phone. the ladies love it
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2006, 10:04:05 pm »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2006, 10:35:03 pm »
I got my N91 yesterday - its sooo great! MP3 player is excellent, the new data cable transfers files way quicker than the old ones but havent really tried to use the phones other features

Offline Lee-Block105

• Still refuses to sleep with the moderators to get a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 14
« Reply #44 on: May 1, 2006, 04:11:29 pm »
I got my N91 yesterday - its sooo great! MP3 player is excellent, the new data cable transfers files way quicker than the old ones but havent really tried to use the phones other features

How much and what price plan is it on mate?
Ticket Exchange Trade Count 300+

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #45 on: May 1, 2006, 11:55:29 pm »
Sorry to bump this up but thought it'd be better than starting a new topic. Looking to replace my ancient nokia 3410 and have narrowed it down to the samsung d500 or se k750i. Camera isn't that important but mp3 player, wap and maybe radio are the features I'm looking for. Dont really call or text *that* much so dont mind having a shitty contract but decent phone. Both are the same price from vodafone (100mins, 75 texts, £16 a month +£20 for the handset, 3 months half price - dont really want a cashback deal). From experience which would people reccomend?

Leaning towards the k750i because of the radio, extendable memory and better talk time & battery life, but I've read problems with the joystick? Problems with the dust collecting in the screen with the samsung aswell?

Ta

I'd wait a bit if you could as the K800i is due to be released soonish. It looks class like and the camera is gonna be 3.2 megapixel too even though you're not too bothered about it. I've got the K750i and I'll be getting this when it comes out. The joystick is a bit dodgy to be honest but better than the K700i so hopefully it will be improved a bit more again.

:wave
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 2, 2006, 09:08:38 pm »
I'd wait a bit if you could as the K800i is due to be released soonish. It looks class like and the camera is gonna be 3.2 megapixel too even though you're not too bothered about it. I've got the K750i and I'll be getting this when it comes out. The joystick is a bit dodgy to be honest but better than the K700i so hopefully it will be improved a bit more again.

Don't think I'll be able to afford it on the lowest contract though. Dont mind having an oldish phone for a year or two though if it's running well. Kept up with my brick for long enough ;D
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline jarg of pickled onions

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 3, 2006, 11:31:38 am »
Does anybody have a Samsung s400i? I upgraded a couple of months ago as the tarriff was pretty decent (750 mins and 750 texts a month for £35 a month). I am seriously regretting upgrading to this phone, as I previously had a Nokia 6230 which was a very friendly phone indeed. The main problem I have is the fact that I can't bloody well send a photo as an mms. It keeps taking me to i-mode and instead of entering somebody's phone number for the pic, I can seemingly only send it to an e-mail address!!! Not only that, I believe that on top of my monthly tarriff I have to PAY EXTRA to be able to send a photo via the ONLY way that I can humanly send it i.e. via i-mail/i-mms. WTF!!!!???? Please somebody tell me that I'm being incredibly thick. I would read up in the instruction manual but I've lost the thing GRRRRR!!!!!!!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #49 on: May 3, 2006, 01:15:09 pm »
Does anybody have a Samsung s400i? I upgraded a couple of months ago as the tarriff was pretty decent (750 mins and 750 texts a month for £35 a month). I am seriously regretting upgrading to this phone, as I previously had a Nokia 6230 which was a very friendly phone indeed. The main problem I have is the fact that I can't bloody well send a photo as an mms. It keeps taking me to i-mode and instead of entering somebody's phone number for the pic, I can seemingly only send it to an e-mail address!!! Not only that, I believe that on top of my monthly tarriff I have to PAY EXTRA to be able to send a photo via the ONLY way that I can humanly send it i.e. via i-mail/i-mms. WTF!!!!???? Please somebody tell me that I'm being incredibly thick. I would read up in the instruction manual but I've lost the thing GRRRRR!!!!!!!

ring customer service. 0870 241 0202

Offline woozie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 3, 2006, 04:28:54 pm »
i just got a samsung d600 its fucking top,

whatever you do, do not get a moto slvr l7 the worst phone ive ever had the miss pleasure of using, ugly as well!
PARRY OUT.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #51 on: May 3, 2006, 04:36:54 pm »
I sent my nokia 6111 back and got the samsung D600 - I love it, does everything I need :)
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #52 on: May 3, 2006, 05:31:45 pm »
I sent my nokia 6111 back and got the samsung D600 - I love it, does everything I need :)

Pa, what's wrong with the 6111, I love mine, you just couldn't work out how to use it you Luddite, go on, admit it  ;D ;D
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #53 on: May 3, 2006, 05:33:55 pm »
Pa, what's wrong with the 6111, I love mine, you just couldn't work out how to use it you Luddite, go on, admit it  ;D ;D

The camera was awful.  But you no what bothered me the most?  The noise it made when pressing the ctr button...... we'll compare them next week ;)
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #54 on: May 3, 2006, 05:37:49 pm »
The camera was awful.  But you no what bothered me the most?  The noise it made when pressing the ctr button...... we'll compare them next week ;)

I've taken some great shots with mine, well compared to my old V3 phone which was vga pants.

We shall have to both take pictures at the City Arms of the same things under the same conditions then compare (yeah, like we'll be competent enough to manage all that  ::))
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2006, 01:00:35 am »
Nokia 6280

Great phone

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2006, 10:11:06 pm »
Nokia 6280

Great phone

Ha ha.......we return at least 10 of these a week due to software issues as Nokia are having problems repairing them! 
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2006, 11:57:59 pm »
Ha ha.......we return at least 10 of these a week due to software issues as Nokia are having problems repairing them! 

we had 100% of them returned as faulty before nokia recalled them. Since the new batch arrived its about 70% - but I prefer selling the w810i over the nokia because theyre just so much better.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2006, 12:02:21 am »
All these people with Samsung Chelsea phones!! ::)

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2006, 11:20:54 am »
we had 100% of them returned as faulty before nokia recalled them. Since the new batch arrived its about 70% - but I prefer selling the w810i over the nokia because theyre just so much better.

I wasn't aware that Nokia had issued a recall??  There's nothing on the partners website we use?  Someone at Nokia told me that they advised 3 not to sell them as they hadn't undergone the correct testing procedures.......3 ignored this advice, bought the whole UK supply & sold them!  They started to fuck up & Nokia had no solution!

They've just started to release software updates for them now, but the repair equipment needs updating before Service Points can upgrade them!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2006, 12:10:05 pm »

Any news on the release date of the K800i yet Matt?

We'll both get £20

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 9, 2006, 07:40:08 pm »
The W810i is the best phone ive eer owned.

Its that simple.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 9, 2006, 07:52:44 pm »
I've just changed from the K750i and W810i.  I'll regret it when the K800i comes out in the Summer and I have to wait a few months after release before I can get one.

After my W810i arrived today, I put my old sim card in to copy all of my address book over to the new phone.  When I put it back into the K750i, I went to turn the phone on the the screen just flashes white on and off and wont switch on.  Bit of a pain in the arse cos its listed on eBay :no

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2006, 12:21:45 am »
The K800i is gonna be an absolute monster of a phone, I just wish they'd take off the joystick coz it's bound to break again. Contract is up in August, so hopefully just in time.

We'll both get £20

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2006, 12:25:13 am »
I wasn't aware that Nokia had issued a recall??  There's nothing on the partners website we use?  Someone at Nokia told me that they advised 3 not to sell them as they hadn't undergone the correct testing procedures.......3 ignored this advice, bought the whole UK supply & sold them!  They started to fuck up & Nokia had no solution!

They've just started to release software updates for them now, but the repair equipment needs updating before Service Points can upgrade them!

yeah they were recalled from all o2 shops. Like I said, we had pretty much all of the old batch returned.

k800 should be out by june - july sort of time. I would have held on for it but it has another joystick thing like the k700 so I went for the w810.

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2006, 12:29:56 am »
yeah they were recalled from all o2 shops. Like I said, we had pretty much all of the old batch returned.

k800 should be out by june - july sort of time. I would have held on for it but it has another joystick thing like the k700 so I went for the w810.

The joystick is what's putting me off although I've found the K750 joystick was a bit better than the K700 one so I'm hoping this one is a little bit better again.

We'll both get £20

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2006, 12:31:19 am »
The joystick is what's putting me off although I've found the K750 joystick was a bit better than the K700 one so I'm hoping this one is a little bit better again.

hopefully, altho I dont know anyone who didnt have a problem with the k750 joystick. It was worth it though. I'd rather have that phone and have to send it away for a week every 6 months than have any other phone to be honest.

Offline Ali J

• U-Crane
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2006, 11:57:28 pm »
Dont really call or text *that* much so dont mind having a shitty contract but decent phone.

Overcome my fear of being called a luddite so I have to question, if you don't really call or text much, why do the fuck do you need a phone  ???

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2006, 12:40:10 am »
Overcome my fear of being called a luddite so I have to question, if you don't really call or text much, why do the fuck do you need a phone  ???

I mean that much relative to most of the of the contracts out there. Hundreds of minutes and hundreds of texts - I don't need that much but do end up spending about a tenner every month, usually more. Which is why I'm looking for the cheapest [non cashback] contracts around or a good pay as you go deal.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 12:43:13 am by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline hbk

• Barefaced liar
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2006, 12:42:38 am »
definately get the w800i quality phone!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:18:13 am by hbk »
Girls i have an MSN if you wanna get in touch with the Heart Break Kid!

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 12:55:06 am »
Have placed an order for a v3x but have not paid a deposit and so could change my mind for something else. Anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on this phone?

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2006, 01:20:33 am »
Have placed an order for a v3x but have not paid a deposit and so could change my mind for something else. Anyone have any opinions, good or bad, on this phone?

Its ace, best motorola ever. I'd still take the w810 over it but it is fucking good.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2006, 08:06:09 am »
Anyone got a view about the Nokia N91?

Music player and phone - would suit me quite a bit but need a decent phone and calendar and contacts suite too.

Size is good as I use a PDA anyway.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2006, 08:09:44 am »

Music player and phone - would suit me quite a bit but need a decent phone and calendar and contacts suite too.

Got one a week back - its great! 4Gb HD is really useful for watching movies on the computers at uni or listening to music on the train.

Not used any of the PDA functions, but Opera Mini works well on it.

If you want to know any more, just ask!

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2006, 12:49:32 pm »

fella, take a look at this one:

I've just got an Orange SPV M600 as an upgrade, and it's pretty much the DB's.

It's not so much a phone, more of a PDA and general purpose thing for your pocket.

I've had it about a month now, and I love it. The main issue is whether you can cope with the touch screen for the number buttons. I set up voice dialling, so it's really simple to use.

I used to carry a mobile and a PDA, but this does both. I've got a 1gb storage card for files and music, so I don't carry my iPod around as much as I used to, and the camera is reasonably good for snapshots.

Basically, it's the best bit of convergence technology I've used. I had a Nokia 6680 before this and despised it - the software was crap and the phone kept  freezing up. The processor on the SPV can sometimes be a bit slow, but it's a small price to pay for the rest of the kit that you get - quick and easy Active sync with your desktop, etc. :wave

Offline macc

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2006, 12:16:49 pm »
My gf is thinkin about gettin the the SE w810i, but wants to know if you can can change the messge alert tones, she has got the k700 at the moment, which you can only use the SE tones on, and was wondering if this was a feature on all SE phones.

Thanks in advance.
PSN - pmacc

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2006, 03:55:59 pm »
Yes you can use your own sounds for message tones on the W810i

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2006, 07:33:25 pm »

Got an Orange leaflet today

£25 a month
100 minutes
750 (misprint?) texts
FREE SONY E W810i

Now, this phone looks the dog's tesicles. I could probably, possibly afford that. Worth it?

middle, centre - http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/offer/packages?WT.mc_id=ora06038_sp_17
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 07:36:18 pm by Rob Jones Maybe? »

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2006, 07:39:01 pm »
Nah, stay on pay as you go until you've got a decent income (or student loan ;)). There's far better things to spend your money on when your 15.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=121095.0

And rob a flash phone off a weedy looking kid at school :thumbup
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Rob Jones Maybe?

• The Equaliser
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK N' Roll
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2006, 08:53:03 pm »
Nah, stay on pay as you go until you've got a decent income (or student loan ;)). There's far better things to spend your money on when your 15.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=121095.0

And rob a flash phone off a weedy looking kid at school :thumbup

My money only ever gets spent on crap anyway. Got a Motorola L6 and it's getting on my nerves. Vowed never to have another Motorola after my last one and here I am again.

Also I just dropped my ipod down two flights of stairs and it's acting a bit shaky, so I could have sorted the two birds with the one stone.

Should I snatch and run or sneak it off him?