Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 863092 times)

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #200 on: September 5, 2006, 04:41:44 pm »
Bollocks!  ;)

Yes, they are likely to have been returned for a number of reasons OR are handsets which dont shift because they've been superseded. None have been faulty that I have bought.

I dont need the latest mega pixel video phone either so go for the ones marked 'pristine'' else they're in breach of the Sale Of Goods Act.

Its perfectly likely they could have been returned for a software fault - had the sotware fault rectified and sold again. Its not difficult to put a new protective piece of plastic on the screen - the phones that come back from repair in our shop usually come back with a protective layer on the screen as if they were new.

Offline Mavis Cruet

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welsh Wool
« Reply #201 on: September 5, 2006, 05:10:05 pm »
I bought a refurbished Sony Ericsson for my mother from the Vodafone shop on ebay. Was faulty when it turned up but they sent a courier to pick it up and replaced it within a week. Second one worked perfectly and mother is well chuffed :)

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 7, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Who did you order it from?

I have just ordered mine from Orange, and they said it should be here by monday.

He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 7, 2006, 04:23:38 pm »
Yeah possibly. Should be ok.
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #204 on: September 9, 2006, 11:58:49 am »
Bollocks!  ;)

Yes, they are likely to have been returned for a number of reasons OR are handsets which dont shift because they've been superseded. None have been faulty that I have bought.

I dont need the latest mega pixel video phone either so go for the ones marked 'pristine'' else they're in breach of the Sale Of Goods Act.

I've been in the business about 10 years......believe me when I say the majority of 14 day returns are returned due to faults.  As Matt S says, they are then fixed & fitted with new covers to make them look 'brand new'.  When buying refurbs it pays to check the warranty left on the handset.......we have access to the Nokia website which tells us when each handset was made & how much warranty is left.
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2006, 12:59:41 pm »
Got the K800i t'other day, and it is indeed to muts nuts, camera on it is ace, the screen is really clear, decent contrast and it doesnt feel as plasticy as the w800, which is now gathering dust.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2006, 05:41:28 pm »
*#0000#
That tells you. (If you have a Nokia)
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2006, 06:26:48 pm »
Got the T-Mobile MDA Vario II (HTC Hermes) last Friday.

I'm blown away, completely. Basically the first PDA/Phone I have used that works like it should, and works well it does.

Considering what it can do, its phenomenal in size. It's not that far off the weight of a new K850i which isn't a small phone by any degree.  Its the Windows Mobile 5 software on it and the bundled apps that make the difference. Stick a few other apps on there like sbp pocket plus, resco file explorer etc etc and well.....I've run out of superlatives.

It won't be for everyone, but for those that are a bit techy, this is the phone for you. Contract is with T-Mobile Flext 25 + Web n Walk Pro for £25/month (phone was £90) for 18 months. Included £34 calls (20p/min any net/any time), texts (10p), MMS (20p), and here's the how stopper, unimited data usage (subject to a 2GB/month AUP) on HSPDA (1.8Mbps), 3G, GPRS. WOW!!

I can use the phone as a modem for my laptop using USB/bluetooth. Its simply amazing!

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2006, 06:58:49 pm »
Anyone got a Samsung D900?

After one on contract and don't really want to be spending anymore than £30 per month line rental.  Need between 300 and 500 free texts and the same amount of free mins.

So far, I've found 'O2 Online 200' on O2.co.uk, which gives you 300 anytime/any network minutes and 750 texts for £30 a month, plus it mentions something about getting 50% extra minutes and texts every month.  The other tariff which looks appealing is the 'Orange Dolphin 35' from the TheLink.co.uk, which gives you 500 anytime/any networks minutes and 500 texts for £35 a month but you get £75 cashback after 6, 9 and 12 months, so the first 13 months work out at half-price line rental.

Total line rental on the O2 one works out at £540 for a total of 18 months and total line rental for the Orange tariff works out at £402.50.

Basically, I want -
*Samsung D900
*300+ free anytime, any network minutes
*300+ free texts
*Monthly rental less than £35

Can anybody help me out on which tariff has the best to offer (never been on contract before)?

Cheers.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2006, 02:52:53 pm »
I just upgraded mine. Got an LG Chocolate. Its fuckin wank.

Back to the 6630.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2006, 04:08:55 pm »
I just upgraded mine. Got an LG Chocolate. Its fuckin wank.

Back to the 6630.

have you not got 14 days to change it?

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:58 am »
My girly had an LG Chocolate for all of a week and got pissed off with it too. Ended up changing it for the Samsung E900.

Having had a go at the LG one I can see why, plus it is quite limited. Can't believe I ever contemplated getting one....
......and could he play!

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:10 am »
Anyone got a Samsung D900?

After one on contract and don't really want to be spending anymore than £30 per month line rental.  Need between 300 and 500 free texts and the same amount of free mins.

So far, I've found 'O2 Online 200' on O2.co.uk, which gives you 300 anytime/any network minutes and 750 texts for £30 a month, plus it mentions something about getting 50% extra minutes and texts every month.  The other tariff which looks appealing is the 'Orange Dolphin 35' from the TheLink.co.uk, which gives you 500 anytime/any networks minutes and 500 texts for £35 a month but you get £75 cashback after 6, 9 and 12 months, so the first 13 months work out at half-price line rental.

Total line rental on the O2 one works out at £540 for a total of 18 months and total line rental for the Orange tariff works out at £402.50.

Basically, I want -
*Samsung D900
*300+ free anytime, any network minutes
*300+ free texts
*Monthly rental less than £35

Can anybody help me out on which tariff has the best to offer (never been on contract before)?

Cheers.
try 3 mate i think its cheap as chips i was on 02 for 12 month and all my bills was roughly 80 quid a month but since ive changed to 3 i havnt gone over 50 quid
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2006, 07:37:06 pm »
try 3 mate i think its cheap as chips i was on 02 for 12 month and all my bills was roughly 80 quid a month but since ive changed to 3 i havnt gone over 50 quid
Had a look and they offer the best tariff's but can't get the D900 on it?

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2006, 11:48:38 pm »
Got the Sony Ericsson D750i after breaking my other phone in Mainz.

Only bad thing about it, from my point of view, is that the speaker when playing music isn't that loud. Other than that, it's a cracking phone.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2006, 11:58:53 pm »
Sony Ericsson k750i is ace had it for over a year now never dissapointed me and has made me look a lot cooler(not that I needed it 8) )

Offline Kelvin_Little

• Kopite
  • Number 1's, A Carragher............
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2006, 10:03:08 am »
I've just ordered a samsung d900....

Its a new tariff that O2 have offered me (I think I'm classed as an elite user because my bills are mental when i travel with work etc etc)  but I got offered: 

600mins a month (to be used Tuesday to Friday)
2000mins a month (to be used Sat to Monday)  - its their long weekend promotion
500 texts

for £28 a month including vat, its double the mins im currently on, double the texts and half the price?  Bargain if you ask me!

Anyone out there have the D900?  Any comments??  It looked good when i had a play with it?

Offline Wilf Hunter

• Lives in a huff camper van
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Skrtel's Head
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2006, 10:08:07 am »
Sony Ericsson k750i is ace had it for over a year now never dissapointed me and has made me look a lot cooler(not that I needed it 8) )

Got that phone...well did have. It's in for repair. The joy stick broke. Fella in the shop said it's a very common problem. Wish I had taken insurance on it! Aprt from that it's a good phone!
There's only one 'F' in Rafa.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2006, 11:12:49 am »
Got to agree with many on here.

Just got the Sony W810i.

It's an immense phone.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2006, 11:23:22 am »
Got to agree with many on here.

Just got the Sony W810i.

It's an immense phone.

Had a play with me mate's w810 and just couldn't get into it - seems to have a slightly different operating system to my old k750 and my k800, really didnt like it at all.

Still i suppose thats like all phones, you get used to what you know

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:03 am »
Still happy with my Samsung D500. It makes calls and sends texts. Apparantly it can even make noises if I take it off silent.

I have an ipod for music, a camera for pictures. That does me :wave

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2006, 12:47:22 pm »
Had a play with me mate's w810 and just couldn't get into it - seems to have a slightly different operating system to my old k750 and my k800, really didnt like it at all.

Still i suppose thats like all phones, you get used to what you know

Its the same?

I love the w810, much nicer to use than the k800 in my opinion - also a nicer size and weight. And still has a really decent camera.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #222 on: September 19, 2006, 01:30:57 pm »
Its the same?

I love the w810, much nicer to use than the k800 in my opinion - also a nicer size and weight. And still has a really decent camera.

Maybe i just mean that it's icons in the menu are a bit differently placed - all about opinions tho - sure it's a nicer size and weight than my k800, but i just dont like how it feels and how it looks.

Also as a walkman phone it can't play wma's - a minor gripe i know, but still a gripe

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #223 on: September 19, 2006, 03:43:37 pm »
nokia 6280 is a good phone
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2006, 04:46:26 pm »
Maybe i just mean that it's icons in the menu are a bit differently placed - all about opinions tho - sure it's a nicer size and weight than my k800, but i just dont like how it feels and how it looks.

Also as a walkman phone it can't play wma's - a minor gripe i know, but still a gripe

I think the themes are slightly different from the k800 and k750, your right actually. But the icons are in the same place. Girlfriend has the k800 and she loves it - we've had a fuck load back as faulty where I work tho - its disgraceful really. We've had about 6 in 2 weeks. Which is alot.

Phones in general have such a high returns rate, you'd think the manufacturers would do something about it. Theyre blatantly built to break.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2006, 05:31:55 pm »
The file management is on the different side i think. Also i had a big problem with the camera on this, seemed to fuck up and wouldn't focus properly or flash. I just reset the settings and its sound again. Phones do break a lot. I never had one needed taking back, but had some that were a bit fucked up

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2006, 10:34:56 pm »
In a hotel in Plymouth with no where with the match on. Just hooked my Vario II up to my PC using USB and used the phone as a modem and watched the whole match flawlessly on a Sentanta stream.....Now that's shit hot!

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2006, 04:30:43 pm »

I'm after the Samsung D900 but don't know which tariff (of the above three) to go on.  £30 a month is the maximum line rental I want to pay really but the two on Orange offer cashback after several months, equivalent to the line rental being half price for 10 or so months of the 18 month contract.

Has anyone ever taken advantage of such offer, as my mum has and she said the company who sold her the phone went bust so she never got her cashback but I can't see Carphone Warehouse or dialaphone going bust.

Can anyone offer me some advice on which tariff sounds the best value?

Cheers.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2006, 09:44:56 pm »

I'm after the Samsung D900 but don't know which tariff (of the above three) to go on.  £30 a month is the maximum line rental I want to pay really but the two on Orange offer cashback after several months, equivalent to the line rental being half price for 10 or so months of the 18 month contract.

Has anyone ever taken advantage of such offer, as my mum has and she said the company who sold her the phone went bust so she never got her cashback but I can't see Carphone Warehouse or dialaphone going bust.

Can anyone offer me some advice on which tariff sounds the best value?

Cheers.

theres almost always a catch with cashback/chequeback. you usually have to collect all your bills and send them off for scruitinisation or something.

I'd go with o2 but then I'm biased. Check o2 and oranges websites to see who offers the best coverage of your area

Offline forever reds

• Main Stander
« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2006, 07:05:29 pm »
I still love the k800. Battery time and the stupid camera cover(which moves in my pocket) are the only things that bring it down. Apart from that it's the best phone I've ever had.

Offline SI1978

• Main Stander
  • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
« Reply #230 on: October 2, 2006, 12:47:18 pm »
I'm leaving my job this week and my very kind colleagues have said they will have £100 for me for a leaving present of my choice.  I figure I need a new mobile so can anyone recommend one for £100 or under?.  I'm on 02 pay as you go and want to just transfer the sim over.

Cheers  :wave
I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #231 on: October 2, 2006, 12:59:29 pm »
You can get a k750i for £100 PAYG in Tesco i think

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #232 on: October 2, 2006, 05:15:14 pm »
You can get a k750i for £100 PAYG in Tesco i think

can get k750 for £100 in o2 aswell :P

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #233 on: October 4, 2006, 06:52:10 pm »
Is there any phones out now that are better than the SE w850i?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #234 on: October 4, 2006, 08:09:09 pm »
Is there any phones out now that are better than the SE w850i?

depends what your after. there are many things to take into consideration. size/weight/camera/mp3 player/style/ease of use. The nokia n91 has a 4gb built in memory. But its fucking heavy and really rather chunky. I STILL prefer the w810 above anything else.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #235 on: October 4, 2006, 08:12:44 pm »
yeh just looked at that and it looks rather big, the w850i looks the biz an av been told that its great. is the n80 any better?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #236 on: October 4, 2006, 08:39:13 pm »
yeh just looked at that and it looks rather big, the w850i looks the biz an av been told that its great. is the n80 any better?

the N80 is chunky, and the slide acton isnt as good as the say, the samsung D500 was. I dont rate the w850 much to be honest. Its a great walkman phone but theres no autofocus on the camera which is a let down. Best bet is to go into a shop and ask for a demo (not phones 4 u though - cowboys).

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 5, 2006, 05:57:08 pm »
I was looking on the internet for a pay monthly phone as I am now at uni, and using onecompare I found some phones which effectively cost nothing with cashback. What I am wondering is how difficult is it to claim the cashback.

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #238 on: October 9, 2006, 01:56:02 pm »
Been having a look at which Nokia to get next!! The N73 looks good had a quick look at a sample in the O2 shop last week! The other one that has caught my eye is the E50 - simple but does the job from what I've read! Not really bothered having an mp3 player on my phone!

Still got another few months to wait before I can think of upgrading!
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #239 on: October 9, 2006, 02:26:16 pm »
N73 is reaaly nice. Much nicer than any of the other n series.