Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 863168 times)

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2006, 05:51:44 pm »
online 200 is a great deal. 12 month too - where as most of the deals are on 18 months now!

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2006, 12:14:04 pm »
Yeah, think I'll be going with that....just need to pick one of the phones I mentioned in the previous message now!!
......and could he play!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2006, 11:10:38 pm »
Yeah, think I'll be going with that....just need to pick one of the phones I mentioned in the previous message now!!

none of them. go for the Sony Ericsson K800 - but if your set on one of them them I'd say the samsung z400. Seriously dont touch the LG choclate with a shitty stick.

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2006, 12:31:46 am »
none of them. go for the Sony Ericsson K800 - but if your set on one of them them I'd say the samsung z400. Seriously dont touch the LG choclate with a shitty stick.

Yeah, this girl i know can't stand the LG chocalate phone, when she answers her phone she puts it to her ear like usual and he ear then touches the end phone call button, so obviously the call ends.

BTW I have a D500 :wave

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2006, 08:06:15 pm »
The k800i doesnt come with a memory card or headphones though does it? That really fucking pissis me off, why sell a phone without a memory card? Thats like selling a car with out a steering wheel. c*nts. They are 30 and 50 quid as well. AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52:25 pm »
The k800i doesnt come with a memory card or headphones though does it? That really fucking pissis me off, why sell a phone without a memory card? Thats like selling a car with out a steering wheel. c*nts. They are 30 and 50 quid as well. AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Come with headphones just not as good as the ones with the W810i. 

www.mobymemory.com has some good deals on memory too.

:wave
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2006, 04:45:53 pm »
Come with headphones just not as good as the ones with the W810i. 

www.mobymemory.com has some good deals on memory too.

Cheers mate. Will the 512 one be enough?
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2006, 05:16:01 pm »
Cheers mate. Will the 512 one be enough?

yes.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2006, 06:13:44 pm »
Just playing with me mates w810, thank fuck i didnt go for it, dont like it at all!!

The interface just feels horrible, and it doesnt play wma files - shocking considering it's supposed to be a Walkman phone!

It's a nice looking phone and everything, but i think i've been spoilt by getting the k800 really

Offline neilem

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2006, 06:31:40 pm »
Just playing with me mates w810, thank fuck i didnt go for it, dont like it at all!!

The interface just feels horrible, and it doesnt play wma files - shocking considering it's supposed to be a Walkman phone!

It's a nice looking phone and everything, but i think i've been spoilt by getting the k800 really
I'm more than happy with my w810i phone, can't please them all.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #170 on: August 1, 2006, 06:47:04 pm »
wma files are wank. Hate it when people use them!

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 2, 2006, 06:50:47 pm »
Is the motorola L6 really shit?!!!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #172 on: August 2, 2006, 07:18:31 pm »
Is the motorola L6 really shit?!!!

nah its good for the money you pay. But its not amazing or anything. Its just a standard phone with a VGA camera in.

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 2, 2006, 08:20:04 pm »
Im so fucking pissed off. Just phoned three up to upgrade, been with them 2 years so was gonna try and get a real good deal out of them and they told me ive got another 6 months to go before i can upgrade. They flogged me an 18 month contract last time when i thought it was 12 so got to wait till Feb till i can get a good phone. The one i have is wank now. Fucks sake. Good job i didnt get that one in the shop or would of been paying 2 bills. I'm so angry.

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #174 on: August 3, 2006, 07:59:50 pm »
none of them. go for the Sony Ericsson K800 - but if your set on one of them them I'd say the samsung z400

Anyone got a z400.  I got mine yesterday and there are 2 sample pictures of Carvalho and Crespo.  They are locked and I cant delete them.  Any ideas?  Starting to get over it now like but still not happy
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2006, 01:05:24 pm »
Ok, change of plan in the ol' mobile phone stakes now as I'm torn with which deal to go for. I'm definitely toying with a SE w810i, but don't know what deal to go for. If I stay with O2, I'll pay £25 and get 100mins and 500texts, but I can pay the same with orange or Tmobile and get 150minutes and 600 texts or vodafone and get 200 minutes and 250 texts.

I don't really want to leave O2 even though I'm a PAYG customer- they're getting £40 from me a month in the last month, but it doesn't seem like I'll get as much value for money as I would with other networks :(

Are Orange and/or tmobile decent networks- mainly just stay in Liverpool anyway?
......and could he play!

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2006, 01:16:47 pm »
I ordered my K800 yesterday, it should come tomorrow. First time in 5 years I won't be with O2 either. Orange are doing some good deals with this animal promotion they've got going.

We'll both get £20

Offline AndyP

• Gave his away for an ale.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2006, 02:52:25 pm »
Can I just warn the good folk here not to buy the V3X. To cut a long story short the first one I got had to be replaced after a multitude of problems and even the new is shite at picking up a signal and has a dismal battery life. I could go on but I am only annoying myself.

Offline red bull

• Main Stander
  • 18, with class, style & dignity.
    • LFC Hereford AIB
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2006, 08:10:10 pm »
Anyone got a z400.  I got mine yesterday and there are 2 sample pictures of Carvalho and Crespo.  They are locked and I cant delete them.  Any ideas?  Starting to get over it now like but still not happy

Wife got a Z400 also. Went to o2 shop & they said they cannot be deleted so I have just sent an email to samsung complaining.
Doubt if it will do any good but its still a shit thing for them to do.
Told them Im gona cancel the phone & go back to Nokia.
"When 40,000 supporters stood as one and held their scaves up and belted out the most rousing rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' some of us have ever heard, it felt humbling to feel such passion. One of the great sights in world football right there in front of you. People stared at each other in awe"..........

Offline alexnw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2006, 11:40:10 pm »
Mate at work has a V3x. Turning off 3G helped her with the battery life.

I recently bought the V3i and love it. Slimmer & better build/materials than the 3Vx IMO.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 11:45:05 pm by alexnw »

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2006, 08:58:55 am »
Actually found a good contract deal through virgin mobile, £25 a month for 200 anytime mins and 500 texts. Anyone on virgin mobile or know someone who is and can recommend them ?
......and could he play!

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2006, 09:22:04 am »
Just got a K800i with T-Mobile, Flex 20 with Web and Walk for £27.50 a month business account.

The web and walk is excellent and it renders the pages pretty well for a screen like that. Top Camera on a top phone.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2006, 11:05:49 am »
My K800i is en route with the courier. Hope it comes soon.

;D

We'll both get £20

Offline forever reds

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2006, 07:46:39 pm »
My K800i is en route with the courier. Hope it comes soon.

;D
Getting mine soon as well, can't wait.

Offline Tim

• Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
Have to say I love my K800i.

We'll both get £20

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2006, 11:50:54 am »
Would u not be better waiting a few weeks for the W850i ???????

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
Nokia N80
« Reply #186 on: September 3, 2006, 08:02:46 pm »
Anyone bought this phone?

Seems a good phone, but concerns about firmware problems and battery life.

Was wondering what owners' experiences of the phone had been?

He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
Re: Nokia N80
« Reply #187 on: September 3, 2006, 09:49:31 pm »
Am due an upgrade soon and was looking at this as my next phone, is it big?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline youtookmyname

• Kopite
  • Kong my whopper!
    • Footy Fashion n stuff
« Reply #188 on: September 3, 2006, 09:57:59 pm »
There are mixed opinions on this phone. Some love it- wifi browsing and a great screen. Others slate it saying the battery is pants and the firmware is unstable and slow. The camera also lacks autofocus so is pretty redundant.

I just got an N73 and am very happy with it. Camera is superb, 3MP with a mechanical shutter and Carl Zeiss lens. It has all the same features as the N80 apart from wifi and a lower res screen. The N80 is quite chunky whereas the n73 isn't much bigger than my old k750i

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 4, 2006, 06:43:20 pm »
There are mixed opinions on this phone. Some love it- wifi browsing and a great screen. Others slate it saying the battery is pants and the firmware is unstable and slow. The camera also lacks autofocus so is pretty redundant.

I just got an N73 and am very happy with it. Camera is superb, 3MP with a mechanical shutter and Carl Zeiss lens. It has all the same features as the N80 apart from wifi and a lower res screen. The N80 is quite chunky whereas the n73 isn't much bigger than my old k750i
Just had a look at that N73 looks smart, I have currently got a K750i and although it is a decent phone I cant wait to get rid of it, just for the reason on the joystick never fucking works. I have only seen pics of n73 and want to know is that a joystick on it?

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 4, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »
Yeah it is a joystick, but it seems pretty solid.

I work for 3, and out of our range at the moment I'd say the K800 was the best. It's got brilliant features and apart from a couple of minor software faults we've hardly had any back for repair. The N80 is probably almost as reliable though. N73 we haven't had in long enough to judge, but it looks good so far.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #191 on: September 4, 2006, 08:01:25 pm »
Anyone know if the Nokia n72 is any good or is the n73 a better version of it? I've been due for an upgrade for ages but can't decide what to go for and haven't kept up with what's what.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 4, 2006, 08:26:40 pm »
Yeah it is a joystick, but it seems pretty solid.

I work for 3, and out of our range at the moment I'd say the K800 was the best. It's got brilliant features and apart from a couple of minor software faults we've hardly had any back for repair. The N80 is probably almost as reliable though. N73 we haven't had in long enough to judge, but it looks good so far.
the k750i though has really put my off any phone with a joystick because it really is pissing me of

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #193 on: September 4, 2006, 09:14:15 pm »
Always buy 'refurbished' mobi's. A lot of these are actually brand new still having the protective screen covers on etc and are just surplus because a 'newer' model has been brought out.

Some fools pay hundreds of pounds (even if it is a 'free' upgrade, ha, ha). My latest bluetooth camera phone set me back less than £50.
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline dobbadobbs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice..
« Reply #194 on: September 4, 2006, 09:19:53 pm »
Always buy 'refurbished' mobi's. A lot of these are actually brand new still having the protective screen covers on etc and are just surplus because a 'newer' model has been brought out.

Some fools pay hundreds of pounds (even if it is a 'free' upgrade, ha, ha). My latest bluetooth camera phone set me back less than £50.

where can you get hold of refurbs mate?

wouldn't mind a refurb n73..
'Rome wasn't built in a day...but milan was destroyed in 7 minutes'

Xbox Live - Dobbadobbs

Betfair referral code, no catch...£20 each for both of us FWHVCRTRF <----enter this on registering...

Offline ratcatcher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 4, 2006, 09:49:20 pm »
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 4, 2006, 11:44:52 pm »
Usually nothing wrong with refurbs, although on the whole they are returns that have been brought back within 14 days, had a software reflash and a clean and are sent back. As a rule they tend to be just the charger and the phone. You rarely get a data cable, headphones etc as well.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 5, 2006, 02:32:05 am »
Looks like theres going to be a Nokia N80 Internet Edition:

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12432
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #198 on: September 5, 2006, 09:29:13 am »

Refurbs are ALWAYS handsets that have been returned under the 14 day return policy.  Sometimes it's because the customer has changed their mind & sometimes it's because the handset is faulty. 

It all depend which one you receive!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline ratcatcher

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 5, 2006, 04:39:42 pm »
Refurbs are ALWAYS handsets that have been returned under the 14 day return policy.  Sometimes it's because the customer has changed their mind & sometimes it's because the handset is faulty. 

It all depend which one you receive!
Bollocks!  ;)

Yes, they are likely to have been returned for a number of reasons OR are handsets which dont shift because they've been superseded. None have been faulty that I have bought.

I dont need the latest mega pixel video phone either so go for the ones marked 'pristine'' else they're in breach of the Sale Of Goods Act.