Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 302853 times)

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #120 on: April 3, 2009, 02:29:36 pm »
There's a lot of optimism in the club right now at the business end of the season. No one can guarantee we'll win the League or CL but we'll see what happens. I like our chances.
so do I, fingers crossed anyway
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #121 on: April 3, 2009, 02:40:26 pm »
Not sure if its been posted on here but a poster TLW who said contracts ould be sorted for Gerrard , Kuyt ,Aurelio ,Agger and Torres this week has also said this :

Agger's contract delay was due to a payment to his father who acts as his agent, so assumptions are that the issue has been resolved.

Not only is Torres signing (and apparently its a new 5 year deal, not a 3 year extension as previously stated), so are Gerrard, Kuyt and Aurelio.

Now the interesting news is with regards to the ownership.

The news is that Hicks is 100% staying. Gillett is almost definately leaving and the rumours are that the Kuwaitis will be coming in as 70% owners. What is being discussed is how the board will be put together.

Hicks wants to remain in control (despite only retaining a 30% share), and I hear that the Kuwaitis are willing to accept that, which seems strange to me.

Hicks is apparently willing to put in 25m for the transfer budget and wants Gillett to do the same. Gillett is skint, and Hicks is trying to use this to force his hand.

On the transfer front, Ribery, Robben, Eto'o and Villa are all on the radar, although a lot depends on the budget.

Up for sale: Babel, Dossena, Benayoun, Degen, Voronin and ALONSO!

Barry coming for 8m, but no other confirmations, although the centre back position is one he's still looking to strengthen. My guess would be at Hyypia's expense, if Agger does sign, as expected
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 3, 2009, 02:47:02 pm »
Hicks wants to remain in control (despite only retaining a 30% share), and I hear that the Kuwaitis are willing to accept that, which seems strange to me.

It is more than strange. Why would they possibly agree to that?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 3, 2009, 02:52:37 pm »

by in control do they mean like being the club chairman or summat, or in control of how the new stadium/rafa's transfer funds are dealt with

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #124 on: April 3, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »

There's in control and then there's in control.

From what that is saying....Hicks want to run things day to day and probably oversee the new stadium construction. The Kuwaiti's would be happy to let him do that. But the purse strings are theirs and they have the ultimate say.

Imho of course reading the tea leaves.

Edit. And of course everyone knows how much Hicks is loved  :P so if anything goes wrong the Kuwaiti's have a perfect scapegooat. Win/win for them.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 02:56:05 pm by 4pool »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline LukeD

• Middle aged perv on the school bus. Can't cope with massively fat tongues.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: April 3, 2009, 02:54:54 pm »
Cheers for posting this...
Now the interesting news is with regards to the ownership.

The news is that Hicks is 100% staying. Gillett is almost definately leaving and the rumours are that the Kuwaitis will be coming in as 70% owners. What is being discussed is how the board will be put together.

That seems incredibly bizarre to me but then this is Gillett and Hicks so nothing is impossible.  If something does happen on the ownership front it's going to be a very interesting, and no doubt bumpy, ride.

Hicks is apparently willing to put in 25m for the transfer budget and wants Gillett to do the same. Gillett is skint, and Hicks is trying to use this to force his hand.
That seems to fit in with everything regarding Gillett's activities recently and the fact he's so sensitive about his financial dealings being so closely monitored.

On the transfer front, Ribery, Robben, Eto'o and Villa are all on the radar, although a lot depends on the budget.

Up for sale: Babel, Dossena, Benayoun, Degen, Voronin and ALONSO!

Barry coming for 8m
, but no other confirmations, although the centre back position is one he's still looking to strengthen. My guess would be at Hyypia's expense, if Agger does sign, as expected
Rafa clearly wanted Barry and it would appear still does, I'm a little surprised if it is at the expense of Alonso though.  My only thought would be that it has to do with maximising his transfer budget as Alonso is probably worth more now to Liverpool than ever given his season so far and the fact he seems to have secured a place in the national team (who are European Champions after all and no doubt will be one of the favourites next summer).

I trust Rafa, I really do, but I would be gutted if Alonso left (and trust me, there's a lot of gut to remove in my case!).
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 02:57:04 pm by LukeD »

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #126 on: April 3, 2009, 02:58:44 pm »

Beats me mate , just what this poster has said , of course he could be wrong , im just passing it over here for you all to read.

They have talked about setting up a board with good people on it to run the club on a day to day basis , Hicks isnt a candidate for that Id guess as 1. He's not good people and 2. He's always in the USA

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #127 on: April 3, 2009, 03:12:03 pm »
Doesn't sound too sustainable really, maybe it's seen by Hicks as phase one of an honourable way out. At least the spectre of administration may be removed.
Likewise gutted if Alonso is out.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #128 on: April 3, 2009, 03:16:21 pm »
There's in control and then there's in control.

From what that is saying....Hicks want to run things day to day and probably oversee the new stadium construction. The Kuwaiti's would be happy to let him do that. But the purse strings are theirs and they have the ultimate say.

Imho of course reading the tea leaves.

Edit. And of course everyone knows how much Hicks is loved  :P so if anything goes wrong the Kuwaiti's have a perfect scapegooat. Win/win for them.
I think you might be correct 4pool.  Another theory would be hicks having 30% and the other 70 split between the other Kuwait's (i think they are a consortium of some sort) With no one Kuwait allowed more than 29% each

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 3, 2009, 03:17:00 pm »
Alonso rocks - trading him in for Barry would be down-grading the team . I can only hope that the poster has got details wrong here, because it seems very unlikely that a majority investor would let a minority partner have control, especially given that Hicks knows absolutely nothing about football and has to consult a rag-tag army of mates and mates of mates to find out best practice. Given that Hicks is loathed, detested and reviled by the supporters, a fact which cannot have passed the Kuwaitis by, it would also be an incredibly foolish move.
Other things on that post don't add up: why would Hicks be trying to force Gillett to put in £25m if he's definitely going, for example?

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #130 on: April 3, 2009, 03:18:42 pm »
Alonso rocks - trading him in for Barry would be downgrading the team . I can only hope that the poster has got details wrong here, because it seems very unlikely that a majority investor would let a minority partner have control, especially given that Hicks knows absolutely nothing about football and has to consult a rag-tag army of mates and mates of mates to find out best practice. Given that Hicks is loathed, detested and reviled by the supporters, a fact which cannot have passed the Kuwaitis by, it would also be an incredibly foolish move.
Other things on that post don't add up: why would Hicks be trying to force Gillette to put in £25m if he's definitely going, for example?

Cause when Gillette does not put up the other 25 hicks will be straight onto sky sports saying George is fucking up his transfer plan of 50 mil, this would also be a cheap attempt to win over fans and push more blame on the silent one.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #131 on: April 3, 2009, 03:20:26 pm »
Cheers for the info slyyyy

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 3, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »
Well, the news about Alonso throws everything this ITK has said into immense doubt for me. It's telling us that Rafa has either had his head in the sand all season, or he carries a grudge to the nth degree (a cutting his nose to spite his face scenario) - no, I don't believe any of it. Furthermore, an Arab bankrolls the club, gains 70% of the shares and lets Hicks in total control? Come one, wake up, how soft are the Kuwaitis?
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #133 on: April 3, 2009, 03:28:54 pm »
Don't disagree HL.

We've had rumour after rumour. Month after month.

I think most of us are numbed by it all.

When something finally happens then we can speculate on what that means for the future.

In the meantime I am fully focussed on supporting the team. ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #134 on: April 3, 2009, 03:30:59 pm »
Well, the news about Alonso throws everything this ITK has said into immense doubt for me. It's telling us that Rafa has either had his head in the sand all season, or he carries a grudge to the nth degree (a cutting his nose to spite his face scenario) - no, I don't believe any of it. Furthermore, an Arab bankrolls the club, gains 70% of the shares and lets Hicks in total control? Come one, wake up, how soft are the Kuwaitis?

You do have a point , Im just passing it over , Its not my info , but the guy has stated a few things over there that have turned out to be true , such as the new contracts this week , anyway id hate Alonso being sold it would be a bad move on Rafa's part if you ask me but what do I know about being a manager ? ?
Sweet FA . . . . .

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 3, 2009, 03:31:47 pm »
Don't disagree HL.

We've had rumour after rumour. Month after month.

I think most of us are numbed by it all.

When something finally happens then we can speculate on what that means for the future.

In the meantime I am fully focussed on supporting the team. ;D

You even agreed with COFFEEHEAD earlier on - fatigue is truly setting in.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #136 on: April 3, 2009, 03:35:14 pm »
i was saying this on another thread the other day but i was just guessing i thought hicks would stay on with 20 - 30 % he knows with his % that he can make alot of money if the kuwatis build the ground. as for selling alonso wtf is that about
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #137 on: April 3, 2009, 03:38:21 pm »
What about sheikh mo :D

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 3, 2009, 03:43:23 pm »
I'll go fuckin ballistic if Alonso leaves  :butt
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 3, 2009, 03:53:24 pm »
A lot of us would Lyndsey. I saw Barry play on Wednesday (long story, won't bore you with it, though have bored Harry and Redjam as to how I happened to be at an England match) and he was anonymous. It was an odd sense of deja vu watching Crouch and Voronin not cut it at the top level, and a sense of relief (so I thought) watching Barry prove he can't either.

Offline Lecter

• Better than Amazon and probably pays his taxes in full!
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: April 3, 2009, 03:57:40 pm »
Tom Hicks’ Sports Group Defaults On $525 Million In Loans
April 3, 2009
Tom HicksPrivate equity legend Tom Hicks’ sports team holding company has defaulted on more than $500 million in loans, a source has told FINalternatives.

Hicks Sports Group, which owns baseball’s Texas Rangers and hockey’s Dallas Stars, failed to make its interest payment on $525 million in syndicated bank loans on Monday. The group is now in talks with its lenders about a forbearance.

Hicks made his billions on leveraged buyouts, founding private equity firm Hicks Muse Tate & Furst, now HM Capital, in 1989. He retired from the firm in 2006.

According to the source, who has seen documents relating to the loans, Hicks defaulted on a $350 million bank term loan, $100 million second-lien loan and a $75 million revolving credit facility. A spokesman for Hicks Sports declined to comment.

Hicks also owns a 50% stake in the English Premier League’s Liverpool Football Club, but through a separate entity. According to the source, the loans are partially secured by the Rangers and Stars, but not by Hicks’ stake in Liverpool or his personal assets.

Last week, Major League Baseball’s Web site reported that Hicks had hired Merrill Lynch to explore the sale of a minority stake—of up to 49%—in the Rangers, which Hicks bought in 1998 from an ownership group that included former President George W. Bush. Bush, a longtime friend of Hicks, is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at his former team’s home opener in Arlington, Texas, on Monday.

According to MLB.com, Hicks is also trying to sell a minority stake in the Stars. It is unclear whether the proposed stake sales, which reportedly can be either in whole or in part, are related to the default. Hicks’ Liverpool co-owner, George Gillett, is trying to sell his Montreal Canadiens hockey team and his Liverpool stake. Hicks and Gillett have reportedly had a falling out over the soccer club, with the former blocking the latter’s attempt to sell most of his stake last year.

The Hicks default is the most dramatic manifestation of the current economic crisis on the sports world. In February, the National Basketball Association borrowed $175 million—on top of its existing $1.7 billion credit facility—making it available to 15 teams having trouble making ends meet.

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/7478 

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #141 on: April 3, 2009, 03:59:25 pm »
A lot of us would Lyndsey. I saw Barry play on Wednesday (long story, won't bore you with it, though have bored Harry and Redjam as to how I happened to be at an England match) and he was anonymous. It was an odd sense of deja vu watching Crouch and Voronin not cut it at the top level, and a sense of relief (so I thought) watching Barry prove he can't either.

I agree with that , he was nowhere to be seen but that happens I suppose.
 Ive never bought into this signing Barry bollocks , he's nothing compared to Alonso . . ..
We simply just dont need him .

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 3, 2009, 04:08:26 pm »
Tom Hicks’ Sports Group Defaults On $525 Million In Loans
April 3, 2009
Tom HicksPrivate equity legend Tom Hicks’ sports team holding company has defaulted on more than $500 million in loans, a source has told FINalternatives.

Hicks Sports Group, which owns baseball’s Texas Rangers and hockey’s Dallas Stars, failed to make its interest payment on $525 million in syndicated bank loans on Monday. The group is now in talks with its lenders about a forbearance.

Hicks made his billions on leveraged buyouts, founding private equity firm Hicks Muse Tate & Furst, now HM Capital, in 1989. He retired from the firm in 2006.

According to the source, who has seen documents relating to the loans, Hicks defaulted on a $350 million bank term loan, $100 million second-lien loan and a $75 million revolving credit facility. A spokesman for Hicks Sports declined to comment.

Hicks also owns a 50% stake in the English Premier League’s Liverpool Football Club, but through a separate entity. According to the source, the loans are partially secured by the Rangers and Stars, but not by Hicks’ stake in Liverpool or his personal assets.

Last week, Major League Baseball’s Web site reported that Hicks had hired Merrill Lynch to explore the sale of a minority stake—of up to 49%—in the Rangers, which Hicks bought in 1998 from an ownership group that included former President George W. Bush. Bush, a longtime friend of Hicks, is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at his former team’s home opener in Arlington, Texas, on Monday.

According to MLB.com, Hicks is also trying to sell a minority stake in the Stars. It is unclear whether the proposed stake sales, which reportedly can be either in whole or in part, are related to the default. Hicks’ Liverpool co-owner, George Gillett, is trying to sell his Montreal Canadiens hockey team and his Liverpool stake. Hicks and Gillett have reportedly had a falling out over the soccer club, with the former blocking the latter’s attempt to sell most of his stake last year.

The Hicks default is the most dramatic manifestation of the current economic crisis on the sports world. In February, the National Basketball Association borrowed $175 million—on top of its existing $1.7 billion credit facility—making it available to 15 teams having trouble making ends meet.

http://www.finalternatives.com/node/7478 

Very interesting. Thanks Lecter.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 3, 2009, 04:09:14 pm »
Is finaalternatives a reliable source, Lecter?

That is massive news, if true, and surely they must be sure or be facing a libel suit?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #144 on: April 3, 2009, 04:13:47 pm »
You gotta laugh. A few posts up someone (not knocking SLYYYY) is saying hes putting in £25 million up for transfers, now hes defaulting on loans!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 3, 2009, 04:14:04 pm »
Is finaalternatives a reliable source, Lecter?

That is massive news, if true, and surely they must be sure or be facing a libel suit?

Well, they provide news on hedge funds and private equity, as it states. I have come across them before but I cannot say how reliable they are; but if they are making it up, Hicks will sue, hence there probably is a good modicum of truth in what they have printed. This is indeed very interesting and does explain his intention to sell some of his shares.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 3, 2009, 04:15:19 pm »
Beats me mate , just what this poster has said , of course he could be wrong , im just passing it over here for you all to read.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound as if I was questioning you, thanks for posting it.

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #147 on: April 3, 2009, 04:18:59 pm »
You gotta laugh. A few posts up someone (not knocking SLYYYY) is saying hes putting in £25 million up for transfers, now hes defaulting on loans!

Its fucked up isnt it  :)

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 3, 2009, 04:19:04 pm »
For what it's worth, Dallas Observer is now blogging it, though still unconfirmed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report: Hicks Sports Group Defaulted on $525 Mil in Rangers- and Stars-Related Loans

By Robert Wilonsky in Business News for People Who Don't Read Business News, Sports
Friday, Apr. 3 2009 @ 9:54AM

Only days before the beginning of baseball season, Tom Hicks is, apparently, already down a strike: Something called FINAlternatives, which serves up hedge fund and private equity news, reports this morning that Hicks Sports Group -- the holding company for all of Hicks's sports-related ventures, including the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars -- defaulted on $525 million in loans on Monday. Caveat: The story comes from a single unnamed source, and HSG reps have yet to comment. As in:

Hicks also owns a 50% stake in the English Premier League's Liverpool Football Club, but through a separate entity. According to the source, the loans are partially secured by the Rangers and Stars, but not by Hicks' stake in Liverpool or his personal assets.

Unfair Park this morning left a message on HSG Chief Operating Officer Casey Coffman's voicemail. Representatives at The LeMaster Group, which handles Hicks's PR, said they are aware of the report and said they will provide Unfair Park with an official statement shortly; we will update accordingly.

In addition to the Rangers and Stars, HSG is also the holding company for Liverpool FC, the American Airlines Center, Hicks Sports Marketing Group and the Mesquite Rodeo. Only days ago, Hicks acknowledged that he was indeed looking to sell off pieces of the Rangers and Stars -- anywhere from 40 to 49 percent of his ownership stake. Said Hicks last week, "I've been quietly looking for minority investors to come back into the ownership of the Rangers as a way to be prudent in a bad economy."

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2009/04/report_hicks_sports_group_defa.php

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #149 on: April 3, 2009, 04:19:52 pm »
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound as if I was questioning you, thanks for posting it.

Na thats cool mate , no panic like , I just want all Rawkites in the loop IF anything is knocking about info wise .

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 3, 2009, 04:21:59 pm »

A spokesman for Hicks Sports declined to comment.

That is fairly significant as to the accuracy of the report. Surely a swift denial would have come if it is not true.
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 3, 2009, 04:25:03 pm »
Hopefully there'll soon be security camera footage of him stalking around his mansion with a shotgun while pumping fuel oil into the place.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 3, 2009, 04:29:58 pm »
The story has grown some legs........
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next? Apple Pie?
Posted by Equity Private, Apr 03, 2009, 10:27am

It seems to us that the time has come to discuss the "reverse stadium curse." True, naming a stadium for its corporate sponsors has tended to have deleterious effects on those same sponsors, but soon we may have to consider the reverse effect.

The taint of Blagojevich, carried by the Illinois Sports Authority into the alleged extortion of the Tribune Company over the State's support for the Cubs / Wrigley Field deal is an easy example, and now the fate of the Texas Rangers might be another. It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings, but we can hear her warming up now.

Hicks Sports Group, which owns baseball's Texas Rangers and hockey's Dallas Stars, failed to make its interest payment on $525 million in syndicated bank loans on Monday. The group, which also owns a 50% stake in the English Premier League's Liverpool Football Club, is now in talks with its lenders about a forbearance.

According to the source, who has seen documents relating to the loans, Hicks defaulted on a $350 million bank term loan, $100 million second-lien loan and a $75 million revolving credit facility. Efforts to contact Hicks Sports, the Rangers and Stars were not successful.

According to the source, the loans are secured by the Rangers and Stars, but not by Hicks' stake in Liverpool.

http://dealbreaker.com/2009/04/whats-next-apple-pie.php

That's why he so luvs us at the moment. Could be his only saving grace.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: April 3, 2009, 04:32:23 pm »
It says that Hicks Sports Group is the holding company for all his sports assets (and I thought he 'd sold the rodeo) but then says he holds LFC through separate entity. How does that work?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 3, 2009, 04:32:44 pm »
He's in deep shit. Will this spook RBS/Wachovia and make them even less willing to renew the loan?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 3, 2009, 04:36:43 pm »
This is all moving so fast we're not getting a chance to speculate properly.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 3, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »
Roast pig anyone?
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Online HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 3, 2009, 04:40:29 pm »
It says that Hicks Sports Group is the holding company for all his sports assets (and I thought he 'd sold the rodeo) but then says he holds LFC through separate entity. How does that work?

I'm confused about that as well.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 3, 2009, 04:43:07 pm »
So Kop Holdings isn't a subsidiary of Hicks Sports Group? We hope.

Offline RedJam70

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #159 on: April 3, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »
If it is true and he's looking for investors in the Stars and the Rangers then any money raised from that would go to paying off these loans, no? That would leave him with even less collateral to put up against RBS/Wachovia refinancing of the loan. The loan is due this july whatever happens, he either defaults or pays it off. If he can't pay it off then the general feeling was that RBS would refinance under protest with stricter, more onerous terms. If he's defaulted on this loan I can't see how they can justify refinancing really especially if they want more collateral etc.