Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45777 times)

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
still not had my reply.

bastards.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
Had no reply as yet.

One way to ensure you don't get the standard reply is to ask them some specific questions and ask them to get back to you with the answers.  May make life awkward for someone at the BBC if nothing else!

I did ask them a few questions - stuff like Who made the decision to commission Mckenzie? Is he likely to be emplyoed in the future?  That sorta thing.

Will let you know if this tactic works when I get my reply.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Hadn't seen this until now, I'll be emailing them straight away

Offline Glorious Future

• Anny Roader
Heres my reply. Seems to be a mixture of the stock answer and some additional guff... and an invitation to complete a "satisfaction survey".

Dear Mr Dicks

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I appreciate you are unhappy with the choice of Kelvin MacKenzie to present the programme.

The two part series, which began on Saturday 27 May, looks at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and we feel he is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football. I do appreciate you may not agree.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes is included, nor presenters chosen, with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence you may have been caused. However, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone in our vast and varied audience.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your strong concerns and let me assure you that your strong complaint has been fully registered on our daily audience log.  This internal document will be made available to the production team and Senior BBC Management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comments will play a part in this process

Finally, I have attached an invitation, from the Head of BBC Information, asking you to participate in our customer survey.  We would welcome your views on our service.  .

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC with your views.

Regards

Adam Sims
BBC Information

I got this as well.

Ill reply tomorrow, but I'll be looking at the avenues Nige and Sweetheart have suggested also. (The production, governors, Tessa Jowell...)

Considering the timescale, I'd say the message has certainly registered quite hard at the BBC ... the replies are more and more of the vein 'these opinions are certainly considered in future programming', which translates as "We realise this was a fk up, and that the initial replies were innappropriate, but it cant be stopped now, but he wont get near the BBC ever again.:

If that isn't their sentiment, any 'next time' would result in a total revolt, Id hope. Id be first in line.

And don't forget folks, the people we are writing to at the moment are the frontline and may well totally agree with us. Don't be too harsh on THEM; on the BBC and those responsible, YES.
Faith is a passionate intuition.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
unbelievable, not even addressed to me

I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the two-part series which will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.  We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's choice of presenter in this occasion.

Accordingly, please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log and made available to the production team of 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals' and senior BBC management.

Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

BBC Information
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Mozza

• Anny Roader
  • B E L I E V E
Neither have I.

I received my reply today, & have replied that I want a proper reply not a dismissive stock response treating the points I raised with near contempt.

I asked to escalate my complaint, & asked whether the BBC condoned or condemned the track record of Mr MacKenzie as a tabloid journalist.
With blindness you follow....

Offline ThingOnASpring

• Legacy Fan
  • Young man! There's no need to feel down.
Unfortunately everything I have read of the replies sent so far, stinks of a stock answer. I complained a while back about some programme (I forget which at the moment), and these replies, including mention of 'audience logs' and 'production teams', are exactly the same as I received then.
They really do not care in the slightest. It is not exactly as though they have advertisers to please, so losing a few ratings means nothing to them. Their revenue stream is guaranteed come what may, and as long as that continues, they will happily shit on us all, and care nothing for our opinions.
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Keep chipping away folks.

Let's start asking even more questions they can't even begin to address with their pre-prepared stock answer. Rather than mention specific reasons why we disapprove of Mackenzie, some letters  of complaint could simply mention the programme title in the 'Subject of Complaint', but then ask wider questions such as :

* As a licence payer I am interested to know what BBC body specifically monitors  the output of independent production companies for the BBC and how they react when there are complaints. 

*  "  "  "  "  " "  "   "  "  what sanctions are taken against independent production companies who fall below the standards expected of them.

*Are these being considered against All Out Productions for their extremely shoddy "World Cup Scandals" which any amateur could have put together, and against the Five Live managers who approved it  ?

These are some of the most sensitive questions in broadcasting at the moment and will really touch a nerve and help ensure that the right questions are asked at  management meetings.  Don't forget there will be people in some of those meetings who hate Mackenzie and his like with a vengeance ...

Anyone know any sympathetic members of the NUJ ?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:06:58 am by nige »

Offline cowlos

• Anny Roader
  • Justice is Here
Got reply this morning. Was addressed to me but still seems to have a lot of same theme everyone else is getting.

I appreciate you are unhappy with the choice of Kelvin MacKenzie to present the programme. I also understand you feel the BBC's response to this issue is insufficient. 

I appreciate you may not agree with this decision, nor with the BBC's explanation for the choice, however, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

I do, however, assure you that nothing contained in our programmes, nor is any presenter chosen with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence or distress you have been caused.

I appreciate your concerns, particularly given how much the Hillsborough tragedy affected you personally, and let me assure you that your strong complaint has been fully registered on our daily audience log.  This internal document will be made available to the production team and Senior BBC Management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comments will play a part in this process.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC with your concerns.

Regards

Nuala McGoldrick
BBC Information

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
I don't know whether any of you have seen the five live home page but they are advertising that shoddy programme on there at the moment. Might be an idea to persuade them to take it off.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
Dear BBC Information (Jesus, you must have had the crap kicked out of you everyday in school with a name like that!)

Is this how you treat Licence Payers? give a formula response when you've been specifically asked not to?

I asked what credentials did Kelvin Mackenzie have to bring to the BBC? Your stock response to this is that he's the former editor of a tabloid newspaper and he's well qualified to present such a programme on the BBC.

Well you'll have to pardon my ignorance because I was under the misguided view that the BBC was above such gutter-press journalism, having now listened to the program (as I'm always willing to admit if I'm wrong or have been a bit hasty) the programme lived up to my expectations beginning with Kelvin Mackenzie less than appologetic, insensitively boasting that he's no stranger to scandal, well of course not, he instigates the majority of it with his lies. Then he goes on to present a show that I can only describe as a criminal waste of license payers money. This is not because I hate football (I don't) or that I have a holier-than-thou attitude, on the contrary I consider myself to be very fair and open-minded. It is simply because Kelvin Mackenzie is getting paid money for old rope, as are the company you've commission it from.

I was not told ANYTHING that I hadn't heard before. The entire show was made up of tired, rehashed stories and added nothing new to the debate.

They are laughing at you! even worse they are laughing at me! Us the British public, YOUR shareholders who entrust you to bring us quality programming and you deliver this sorry excuse for entertainment.

To add insult to injury I have noticed you're brazenly advertising this trainwreck on your homepage, with the blurb "The former editor of The Sun" as some sort of disclaimer in the description. Have some consideration, but I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity eh!

I am seriously considering not renewing my Licence fee over this, which Ironically Kelvin Mackenzie has been advocating the abolition of for some time.

Yours Sincerely

David Gill
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
For sheer annoyance value added impact e-mail individual producers of Five live shows in advance (using the presenters' e-mails on the Five Live site), ASKING THEM IF & WHEN THE OFFENSIVE K. MACKENZIE TRAILER WILL BE AIRED, SO THAT YOU CAN MAKE ALTERNATIVE  LISTENING ARANGEMENTS FOR THE MORNING/AFTERNOON/EVENING.  They are obliged to try to respond.

Offline Scousemouse

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Had my reply........

Dear Mr S Hulton

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the BBC Radio 5 Live programme 'Kelvin
MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the
two-part series which looks at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great
scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

I can assure you however that we do realise that opinions about presenters vary
considerably and it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the
approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin
MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of
other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present
programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

Nevertheless, rest assured that your comments will be fully registered on a
daily log, which is made available to the 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup
Scandals' production team and senior BBC management. Feedback of this nature
helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your
comment will certainly play a part in this process.

Thank you again for contacting the BBC.

Regards

Jonathan Dunlop
BBC Information

and fired one back....this could run and run....;)

Dear Mr.Dunlop,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me,although I must raise issues with your content.
Firstly I agree,I do have serious concerns over where and on what my licence fee is being spent.
The fact that the BBC have employed a man who over a number of years in charge at the S*n came up with the most ridiculous,untrue,spiteful lies ever to "grace" a front page beggars belief.
You say Mr.Mackenzie is "hugely experienced" in this field,yet it would appear that the content of this radio expose consisted of nothing more than re-hashed old news.Hardly earth shattering.
In fact the only amazing bit of this show was the fact tthe BBC used public money to pay for it.He has,in a popular phrase,"had you over".
I am also interested to know who,in his wisdom,commissioned this radio show.If you do know please pass on the following website address,so that he may educate himself about the type of people he deals with (http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/).Also could you please let me know when the trailers for this drivel are being aired as I will make alternative listening arrangements
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Mr.S.Hulton
"I knew it would be diffrent if we scored....we scored and it was diffrent"

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
Got the same response as most ...

Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'World Cup Scandals'.

I appreciate you are unhappy with the choice of Kelvin MacKenzie to present the programme in light of his response to the Hillsborough tragedy.

The two part series, which began on Saturday 27 May, looks at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and we feel he is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football. I appreciate you may not agree, however, the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed by contributors to any of our programmes.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes, nor is any presenter chosen with the intention of upsetting individuals and we apologise for any offence you have been caused.

We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone in our vast and varied audience. 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your concerns and let me assure you that your strong complaint has been fully registered on our daily audience log.  This internal document will be made available to the production team and Senior BBC Management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC programmes and services and your comments will play a part in this process.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC with your views. 

Regards

Nuala McGoldrick
BBC Information

Offline IanTheRed

• Boys Pen
Well done on this campaign, I'm just putting an email together to send to the BBC. Fucking disgusts me that we HAVE to pay a licence fee, or which even a penny may go towards that despicable scumbag.

I'm just going to post this on KT too if its ok, just with a link to this.  Regardless of peoples feelings about other websites, we need as many complaints as possible.

Cheers.

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
Just sent my complaint
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure

Just got this pissy reply..

will be on at them again today... bastards.

Dear Mr ........

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'World Cup Scandals'.

I appreciate you are unhappy with the choice of Kelvin MacKenzie to present the
programme.

The two part series, which began on Saturday 27 May, looks at tabloid newspaper
coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.

As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely
experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for
various broadcasters and we feel he is well qualified to present programmes on
the subjects of scandal and football. I appreciate you may not agree, however,
the BBC makes no editorial comment or judgement on the personal views expressed
by contributors to any of our programmes.

I assure you that nothing contained in our programmes, nor is any presenter
chosen with the intention of upsetting individuals.

We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare
radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone in our vast and
varied audience. 

Nevertheless, I appreciate your concerns and let me assure you that your
complaint has been fully registered on our daily audience log.  This internal
document will be made available to the production team and Senior BBC
Management.

Feedback of this nature helps us when making decisions about future BBC
programmes and services and your comments will play a part in this process.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact the BBC with your views. 

Regards

Paul Hunter
BBC Information

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline oldred

• Main Stander
Got my reply , Guess what, it is the same as everybody else's but the point has been made.PS It would be interesting to note how many BBC Radio Presenters were actually working for the Sun in 1989. I heard one on Five live a couple of weeks ago who was apologising to Graham Taylor for the paper's 'Turnip' headline, but of course it wasn't my idea Guv!Dig deaper, and we may find that the Beeb is not 'whiter than white' itself.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Good work everybody.

Keep texting too on 85058, telling them how the trailer made you switch off your radio, etc.

One producer e-mailed me back on Saturday saying 'the trailer is on at 12.15pm, then you can switch on and enjoy the afternoon.'

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Finally got a reply- bog standard from what i have read so far.
i'll keep trying though. :wave
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
Got my reply , Guess what, it is the same as everybody else's but the point has been made.PS It would be interesting to note how many BBC Radio Presenters were actually working for the Sun in 1989. I heard one on Five live a couple of weeks ago who was apologising to Graham Taylor for the paper's 'Turnip' headline, but of course it wasn't my idea Guv!Dig deaper, and we may find that the Beeb is not 'whiter than white' itself.

The excellent piece often posted on RAWK by John Pilger notes that concerns were raised by the rest of the staff at the Sun about the story, but it was McKenzie and McKenzie alone who had the final say and went ahead with it.  The journos aren't responsible for the editorial decisions he made that day:

'THE TRUTH' was the opposite. Like much in MacKenzie's Sun, it was clearly intended to pander to prejudice. Other journalists on the Sun appeared to know this instinctively. 'As MacKenzie's layout was seen by more and more people,' wrote Peter Chippendale and Chris Horrie in their history of the Sun, 'a collective shudder ran through the office [but] MacKenzie's dominance was so total there was nobody left in the organisation who could rein him in except Murdoch. [Everyone] seemed paralysed, "looking like rabbits in the headlights", as one hack described them. The error staring them in the face was too glaring ? It obviously wasn't a silly mistake; nor was it a simple oversight. Nobody really had any comment on it - they just took one look and went away shaking their heads in wonder at the enormity of it ? It was a "classic smear".'

« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 02:27:31 pm by Rox »
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely
experienced in this field. ________________________________________

I wish he was experienced in the field close to our house.

It's where the kids put their bonfire every bommy night.  :wanker

I hope the Prick rots in Hell.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
And this is my reply from the head of the Production Company:

Dear Nigel

Many thanks for your email which I read with interest. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the programme and the choice of presenter.

Kelvin can provoke strong reactions and we do understand your point of view. However when it comes to this area of journalism he is one of the most accomplished storytellers. This wasn’t meant to be an original piece of investigative journalism but a light hearted look at some of the more memorable scandals around the World Cup.

If you wish to take the matter further then there is a clear procedure outlined on the BBC website  www.bbc.co.uk/complaints.

Once again, thank you for your email and your comments.

Best wishes

David Cook
Director, All Out Productions

I shall be replying quoting the John Pilger article piece cited above.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 07:44:16 pm by nige »

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I got the standard response as every one else. Pisses me off.

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline oldred

• Main Stander
The excellent piece often posted on RAWK by John Pilger notes that concerns were raised by the rest of the staff at the Sun about the story, but it was McKenzie and McKenzie alone who had the final say and went ahead with it.  The journos aren't responsible for the editorial decisions he made that day:

You are correct in saying that the journos had no responsibility for editorial decisions made that day, but they were not queuing up to criticise in the aftermath of the headline.Journalists are sometimes the biggest hypocrates going . They will kiss and tell when the coast is clear and they have jumped ship to another newspaper or broadcaster in the case of the BBC. I was making the analogy with the former Sun journalist who is now a BBC colleague of Graham Taylor. Although I was the sports sub editor, it was not my fault, I apologise.MacKenzie is a twat, but he was surrounded by plenty of yes men.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
I texted in the other day asking them to sack the idiot who authorised his appointment. I guess the guys/galls jobs safe but it's important that they get the message.

We have no option but to pay the licence fee, them spending it on lining that wankers pocket makes my fucking blood boil.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Come on RAWK Weekend Shift - no forgetting, forgiving or succumbing  to fury fatigue.

Mr. Truth himself is on the air again with  Part  2 tomorrow,  with plenty of jolly fabrications from his mate at the Mirror about being chased around Liverpool by 6 drugs gangs after the Rooney tape.

Cos that's what Liverpudlians spend their  time doing when they're not robbing the dead, innit ?

Get mad, get even.  Let's have this bastard off the airwaves. 

Texts to 85058 e-mails to http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 05:39:40 pm by nige »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
got a personalised reply at last ::) but what do they mean by comedy? If what you're saying about the content of todays program is correct then nige it's just about slander again

Dear Mr Gill

Thank you for your further e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.

I do appreciate that you feel strongly that Kelvin MacKenzie should not have been chosen to present this programme but the BBC has nothing to add to the statement which has already been issued.

With regard to the quality of the programme, as the BBC is a public service financed by the Licence Fee it must provide programmes which cater for the whole range of tastes. We believe that there is no single set of standards in this area on which the whole of society can agree, and it is inevitable that programmes which are entertaining to some will simply not appeal to others The only realistic and fair approach for us is to ensure that the range of comedy is broad enough for all listeners to feel that they are catered for at least some of the time.

Please be assured that your further comments have been fully registered on our daily audience log. This internal document will be made available to Radio 5 Live and Senior BBC Management.

For all the latest news on the 2006 World Cup you can visit the BBC Sport and FIFA websites:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/default.stm

http://www.fifa.com/en/index.html

Please note that the BBC takes no responsibility for the content of external websites.

I hope you enjoy this year's tournament and thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC.

Regards

Paul Wheeler
BBC Information

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
Done.

As has been said throughout the thread. One worth while witch hunt.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
Done, trying to get through to 606 as well...
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
Done, trying to get through to 606 as well...

Bugger.

For the record, they ask you your name, team, where you are and then to give a brief description of what you wnat to speak about. I had only thought so far as to say Peter crouch and had to elaborate on the spot! Prob sounded a bit samey so if you're trying to get on a show try to bring an angle no-one else will be thinking of.

I don't think we should let it rest just because it finishes tonight. They need to know this was a dreadful mistake never to be repeated.

Hopefully, they are getting the message.

I'll post my reply from them when I get it.

Keep up the good work everyone.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Prob sounded a bit samey
Yes unfortunately they already had Reds on talking about Crouch, etc.

I don't think we should let it rest just because it finishes tonight. They need to know this was a dreadful mistake never to be repeated.

Hopefully, they are getting the message.

If Greeny had been doing that phone-in tonight  instead of  Lawro I would have simply asked him what he thought about  Mackenzie doing the programme; wouldn't have got any joy out of Lawro though, so I just did my irrelevant little ditty as a recorded piece.

No 606 till next Saturday unfortunately, but Byrnee's right, after him continuing his vendetta against our city in Part  2 just now, aided and abetted by that twat from the Sunday Mirror, we have got to keep on with this, asking serious questions about how this scumbag got a programme on the Beeb.

"It was meant to be light-hearted", they said in their reply to me. Light f*ckin' hearted ?  I'll give them light f*ckin' hearted, these bastards were fabricating on and on about Scouse exile mafia  issuing death threats to Stevie G. & the production company are telling me it's "light-heated" ?
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 04:51:02 pm by nige »

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
Still no reply as yet for me.

Anybody else still waiting?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
i walked in on points of view yesterday from near to the beginning i believe, am i right in thinking this issue was given a whitewash in the full programme, with no mention at all?

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
There isn't much fuss on here today about the hearsay and innuendo spouted on this programme on Saturday - I guess nobody listened.

Basically Hackenzie interviewed the creep who broke the Rooney Aigburth Road  story, who was  formerly with the Sunday Mirror, and is author of a book on football scandals.

He told exagerated tales of being chased round Liverpool by criminal gangs after the Aigburth Road CCTV tape, and without any evidence whatsoever he was allowed to assert as FACT that Stevie Gerrard stayed at Liverpool because his family were threatened by overseas-based Scouse mafia exiles.

It really did come across as another attack in Mackenzie's war on Liverpool and  is certainly enough cause for anyone who has already e-mailed to do so again.

I have concentrated in my latest e-mails on the idea of this being "from an expert in this field of journalism" and "light-hearted"

Controlled fury was the tone to strike.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2006, 05:04:09 pm by nige »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Can I move the debate on a little further?

The Independent Media Section has an interview today with Bob Shennan the Head of Five Live.

Well, well, who'd have thought it - Shennan suggests he's a passionate Liverpool fan.

I assume as boss he has some say in commissioning decisions - if so he clearly doesn't know his history or couldn't care less

Maybe he should be asked to justify what was presumably his decsion to give this louse airtime.

Remember the name BOB SHENNON - supposed Red. My arse.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline chipbuttie

• Kopite
  • 5 times....... 'tis true
Another bbc.com complaint just filed after the prick appeared in Newsnight with Paxman-

'I see Kelvin McKenzie 'graced' your Newsnight programme tonight, after he was considered too much of an expert on tabloid scandal to pass up for presenting World Cup Scandals on 5Live. So on what grounds was he indespensable tonight? Which Governer's arse is he kissing exactly? You reading this email - are you happy with yourself? Think about it. This is yet another kick in the teeth for decent people appalled by his endorsement of a story on Liverpool fans urinating and mugging their dying fellow fans at Hillsborough. It was all falshood yet he has never apologised. The fact he didn't work for BBC at the time is immaterial. He remains insidious scum and each time he appears on BBC you spit in the eye of everyone who lost a family member or freind at Hillsborough. Are you comfortable with this?'

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
I changed the thread title just for fresh impetus & to see if we  can squeeze a few  final  texts and e-mails out of you good people, referring to last Saturday's programme please. we've got to make sure this bastard isn't on 5 Live again in a hurry.   Just say you heard it and were disgusted.

He told exagerated tales of being chased round Liverpool by criminal gangs after the Aigburth Road CCTV tape, and without any evidence whatsoever he was allowed to assert as FACT that Stevie Gerrard stayed at Liverpool because his family were threatened by overseas-based Scouse mafia exiles.

It really did come across as another attack in Mackenzie's war on Liverpool and  is certainly enough cause for anyone who has already e-mailed to do so again.

I have concentrated in my latest e-mails on the idea of this being "from an expert in this field of journalism" and "light-hearted"

Texts to 85058 e-mails to http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml

I see Kelvin McKenzie 'graced' your Newsnight programme tonight

Yes amongst other gems he told Jeremy Paxman that the NHS would be more efficient if it lost half its staff and the other half went off to  pick strawberries for a living.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2006, 04:22:07 pm by nige »

Offline overthebar

• Anny Roader
  • Barnesy
Thanks for highlighting this for everybody, just sent a complaint in myself.