Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 59396 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spotify
« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2013, 12:43:48 pm »
Just use [mod edit] to remove the adverts.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »
Miles Kane is as shite as Mumford though, all subjective I guess. 

There're tonnes of amazing bands around, just gotta find them.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2013, 02:36:29 pm »
Miles Kane is as shite as Mumford though, all subjective I guess. 

There're tonnes of amazing bands around, just gotta find them.

Mumford's first record was excellent. Miles Kane's work with the guy from Arctic Monkeys also.

The new Billy Bragg is also very good. As is that Nicky English dot com fella ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:52 pm »
I had a million dollar idea after attending one of their gigs.

Set up crying tents. Charge a tenner per five minutes. Watch the dollars roll in.

that's a great notion.

I despise Thom Yorke, even if yes spotify does seem to take the piss with artist payments like that.

I dislike the way he's taken music so far from visceral, primal music into 'hmm, I'm thinking about this music, it's all intellectual and that'. Radiohead's music mainly sounds like none of them have ever got laid in their lives. Obviously they must have, but I bloody hope they didn't have 'Idioteque' on at the time else it would have been a jerky horrible thing. The bad-eyed one must fuck in 11/4 time or something cringe-inducing like that.

Personally I don't use Spotify as it has fuck all Dylan on it, and, er, get this, I actually BUY my records, on VINYL, and the old ones I had on CD, I put on a hard drive...woah. It's like steam power or something.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2013, 04:16:54 pm »
The bad-eyed one must fuck in 11/4 time or something cringe-inducing like that.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

That's a sig if I ever saw one.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
Personally I don't use Spotify as it has fuck all Dylan on it, and, er, get this, I actually BUY my records, on VINYL, and the old ones I had on CD, I put on a hard drive...woah. It's like steam power or something.
Its good for sourcing new releases, Its what I use it for, makes browsing music much easier than flaying about looking for good stuff in some meandering mammoth Youtube session, the related artist function is very handy. Vinyl is cooler but you can have both you know?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2013, 07:27:34 pm »
This any good?

I've just been offered 3 month's premium for free.

Can I dl tracks from here?
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 17, 2013, 02:37:43 pm »
This any good?

I've just been offered 3 month's premium for free.

Can I dl tracks from here?
no you stream them or "effectively" download them onto your phone via wifi as offline tracks. Its worth having a mess about really
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #328 on: July 17, 2013, 06:12:57 pm »
no you stream them or "effectively" download them onto your phone via wifi as offline tracks. Its worth having a mess about really
Ta lar.

I got it coz it's free for 3 month's,I'll have a look and see if there's anything on it I like.Some be bop would be nice.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:50 pm »
When using an iPad, Spotify requests premium membership, how do I get round this?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »
By upgrading to premium membership ;)

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 2, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
hoping someone can help,

ive set up a free spotify account and have done a playlist which is all great, if i sync my phone with my laptop obviously the playlists will be on my phone, i plan to listen to this in the car on the way to and from work everyday which is a 2 hour round trip,

so my question is, will the songs be downloaded to my phone?

i only have a 1gb data allowance and im pretty sure i would eat well into this pretty quickly if i was streaming them everyday, so the whole thing would be a waste of time for me

cheers

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 2, 2014, 06:25:53 pm »
I don't have Spotify but isn't it a streaming Service?  Like any streaming service the films/music etc are usually tied to your account and not the device.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 2, 2014, 06:33:39 pm »
upon further investigation i think i can download them to my phone if i have premium, which is pay monthly

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: April 2, 2014, 06:37:43 pm »
With a free account your playlists sync across registered devices and then each device will stream the playlist when requested.  With a premium account you can download the playlist and play it from local storage, obviously you then no longer have to stream it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 2, 2014, 06:43:34 pm »
What happens if you cancel?

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #336 on: April 2, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »
You lose your ability to play the songs without an internet connection.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 2, 2014, 07:27:51 pm »
thats exactly the info i was looking for, thanks

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:08 am »
Good idea that, I always end up taking my phone biking with me as I basically only use Spotify and I don't like taking anything expensive when I'm likely to get soaked to the skin.

I think Apple and co miss a trick by not making a Spotify enabled Nano or something. But even that wouldn't have enough storage.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2014, 04:52:55 pm »
WOW...... why have I only just got this? It's awesome.
Pretty much everything I've searched for is on there, even obscure stuff and it saves me having to have gigs and gigs of music stored on my phone.

For some reason I always thought it was like Tune-In radio (which I love too) so didn't need it.

Really such a great app/service.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 27, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »
The new mobile update is shocking.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #341 on: April 28, 2014, 12:54:56 pm »
Yes it is shocking.
So slow and clunky

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #342 on: April 29, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »
The new mobile update is shocking.

Thought it was only me, it's atrocious! You change tracks and 5 seconds later you see the name of the track... Not great when you are trying to drive!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2014, 06:07:06 pm »
+1 for hating the mobile app update. Abysmally slow and when it does catch up with itself half the time it just crashes.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2014, 06:58:06 am »
Had it at home for a while. Like it. Installed it at work.  Damn thing won't let me log on because of work firewall. Anyone got any non career threatening workarounds?
A bit late perhaps but for me it works through the app though not through a browser.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:47 am »
Been using Spotify Free for years, always found it a great way to listen to albums before purchasing.

Recently got a deal with new mobile contract so I get Spotify Premium for free, for 6 months. As good as it is (not to have ads), I don't think I'd be willing to pay for it after the 6 months are up.

Also, I thought someone would have developed a sort of Ad Blocker to filter out the Spotify audio ads by now...  :-\

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2014, 10:51:06 am »
I pay, because I want to contribute to the artists. I know the system isn't perfect with money going back to the them, but Id largely blame the labels for that. Two or three labels pretty much own the entire music industry even that cool little indie independent record label you love.

What Spotify need to do to stop having issues with artists is to pull their free music or at least stagger the release so the paying customers get new records earlier. My other issues with it is, when I buy a record I can have it forever if I so wish, with Spotify, I don't have any such comforts. I am merely renting my music and am at the will of artists and labels on whether I get to hear it or not.

Overall, it's the best thing to come around since piracy basically fucked up everything, though it still has a long way to go until it is as fair as it pertains to be.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #347 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:38 pm »
Been using Spotify Free for years, always found it a great way to listen to albums before purchasing.

Recently got a deal with new mobile contract so I get Spotify Premium for free, for 6 months. As good as it is (not to have ads), I don't think I'd be willing to pay for it after the 6 months are up.

Also, I thought someone would have developed a sort of Ad Blocker to filter out the Spotify audio ads by now...  :-\

AdBlock worked on Spotify's web player last time I checked.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #348 on: November 13, 2014, 03:12:34 pm »
I've recently signed up.  I like the idea of having my playlists available offline whilst at the gym.  I think things have almost come full circle in regards to paying for music in that you pay for the convenience as opposed to the actual media.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #349 on: November 13, 2014, 03:14:16 pm »
have it on my nexus

i dont like the ads but its free so what the hey

got a lot on there. also stumbled across the odd song id forgotten
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #350 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:41 pm »
I've recently signed up.  I like the idea of having my playlists available offline whilst at the gym.  I think things have almost come full circle in regards to paying for music in that you pay for the convenience as opposed to the actual media.

Offline playlists are the reason I go for the paid version as well, personally I find that hugely useful for my commute each day.

I pay, because I want to contribute to the artists. I know the system isn't perfect with money going back to the them, but Id largely blame the labels for that. Two or three labels pretty much own the entire music industry even that cool little indie independent record label you love.

What Spotify need to do to stop having issues with artists is to pull their free music or at least stagger the release so the paying customers get new records earlier. My other issues with it is, when I buy a record I can have it forever if I so wish, with Spotify, I don't have any such comforts. I am merely renting my music and am at the will of artists and labels on whether I get to hear it or not.

Overall, it's the best thing to come around since piracy basically fucked up everything, though it still has a long way to go until it is as fair as it pertains to be.

The problem with doing things like staggering releases so that paid subscribers for streaming sites get this later than the album release is that you significantly reduce the benefits of the streaming model, maybe the music industry is happy to do that, thinking it will drive more album sales, personally my view is that it probably just drives more piracy.

Streaming services as it stands actually offer greater convenience and functionality than piracy for many users, the same can't really be said for physically buying or even downloading an album legally.

I agree the economics may not be amazing for artists and labels but its a lot better than having the content taken for nothing, the golden days of being able to make a good living from selling recorded content is over for a lot of acts anyway, get exposure for your music any way you can and try to make money from touring and other ancilliary revenue.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #352 on: March 3, 2015, 08:26:05 pm »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »
Sorry for opening up an old thread.

Has anyone got the spotify family account? I was wanting to get my dad spotify for xmas and he lives in a different house. I doubt this is the initial intention for spotify family but would anything stop me doing this?

The only information on the FAQ say they can't be in a different country. Cheers

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2015, 09:28:13 am »
 with regards this how do you add a song  from your phone. Its a song not on spotify but I want it on my playlist
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:35:32 pm by Hellrazor »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2016, 12:29:40 pm »
Could anyone who's on Spotify Premium do me a massive favour?

They emailed out loads of codes out for 20% off SONOS speakers randomly to Premium members in the last 24 hours and I didn't get one. If you did happen to get a code and you won't use the discount, could I have the code please? Renovating my house at the moment and this would save me a packet. Would be enormously grateful.
I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to ask my lad.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2016, 12:34:20 pm »
Could anyone who's on Spotify Premium do me a massive favour?

They emailed out loads of codes out for 20% off SONOS speakers randomly to Premium members in the last 24 hours and I didn't get one. If you did happen to get a code and you won't use the discount, could I have the code please? Renovating my house at the moment and this would save me a packet. Would be enormously grateful.
I'll PM you my code now mate.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »
Saying on hotukdeals that Spot20 works.

I'm a premium member but I didn't get a code :( not that I need another sonos at the mo like.

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
« Reply #358 on: June 30, 2016, 10:10:09 am »
Sorry for opening up an old thread.

Has anyone got the spotify family account? I was wanting to get my dad spotify for xmas and he lives in a different house. I doubt this is the initial intention for spotify family but would anything stop me doing this?

The only information on the FAQ say they can't be in a different country. Cheers

I've only just discovered this Spotify Family Premium. They don't seem to advertise it widely.

For a single account, it's £9.99. But for a family account, with up to 6 users, it's £14.99. Works out great value. So we've just distributed the spare logins amongst our family. Spotify stipulate that everyone must live in the same house, but I don't see how they can police that. So far so good anyway. Would definitely recommend.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #359 on: June 30, 2016, 01:02:03 pm »
If anyone has a family member with an NUS card then you get 50% off. I look like the 40yr old student on my card (I get it through work), but it's a lifesaver.