Author Topic: NFL Fantasy League  (Read 64499 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy League
« Reply #680 on: October 9, 2019, 11:55:25 am »
League A has been very active, probably more than any league i`ve been involved with. Some quite breathtakingly cheeky offers too.

Nice. We've just had the one - I took Stefon Diggs for John Brown. Probably not gonna work up to much for me, but thought I'd gamble to see if Diggs had something interesting lined up

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #681 on: October 9, 2019, 12:29:00 pm »
Suppose League A has been pretty active. Two of the top three draft picks have been traded already

Think there's not much need for trades in a ten team league as there's usually good week to week options on waivers and free agency.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: October 9, 2019, 12:53:06 pm »
See you've revisited Calv Ridley RV?

:)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: October 9, 2019, 01:08:52 pm »
See you've revisited Calv Ridley RV?

:)

Honestly don't know what to do about him. I just know I don't like the thought of someone else picking him up for nothing

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: October 9, 2019, 01:18:41 pm »
Honestly don't know what to do about him. I just know I don't like the thought of someone else picking him up for nothing

That's the thing with a 10 team league. Almost every player on the roster has the potential to score good points (depending on opposition etc)

You just know the week you drop someone he'll rake a shit load of points that weekend

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: October 9, 2019, 01:27:03 pm »
Suppose League A has been pretty active. Two of the top three draft picks have been traded already

Think there's not much need for trades in a ten team league as there's usually good week to week options on waivers and free agency.
Yeah that's true. Last year was my first time doing NFL fantasy and I held onto Aaron Rodgers for most of it, because I didn't like the idea of selling one of the best QBs, but towards the end finally made a trade and went on a winning streak to the end of the season. So I'm trying to be less clingy this year!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: October 9, 2019, 02:08:16 pm »
Bold move going for the Redskins DEF Pete. Definitely a gamble

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: October 9, 2019, 02:30:37 pm »

I had them on waivers but picked up every other first choice already so Claus beat me to them (and I got Chargers). I think they could score a lot, but in a way happy not to have to think about them!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: October 9, 2019, 02:46:44 pm »
I went for the chargers as well. They're likely up against a concussed Rudolph or some guy no-one has even heard of at QB.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #689 on: October 9, 2019, 06:30:58 pm »
I was thinking that it would be cool if we could have some 'inter-conference' round where teams from both leagues play against each other. Though I guess the way the leagues are set up this is not a possibility. The Statto Sucks League would of course kick League A's arses, so we will save you the inevitable embarrassment ;)
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: October 9, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »

One week and one week only mate

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: October 10, 2019, 12:18:41 am »
Some of yous crack me up with the trade offers that you propose to me

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #692 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:48 am »

It`s all part of the fun.

For instance I`m not prepared to trade Matt Breida (my 4th RB) at this point for Brandin Cooks, as my strategy is based upon hording and playing more RBs.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:52 am »

Tbf, with some of the crazy trades that some people have accepted lately you can't blame people for trying.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #694 on: October 10, 2019, 10:04:44 am »
It`s all part of the fun.

For instance I`m not prepared to trade Matt Breida (my 4th RB) at this point for Brandin Cooks, as my strategy is based upon hording and playing more RBs.

Clever Killie!!! Too many receivers on my roster, thought you might want one :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: October 10, 2019, 10:06:44 am »
Tbf, with some of the crazy trades that some people have accepted lately you can't blame people for trying.

We'll see mate.  Kamara could go all McCaffrey this week and one person's crazy is another's sure thing.

Also, have another trade going through with GLB --- Chase Edwards for Michael Gallup (FYI)...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: October 10, 2019, 11:08:25 am »

Jealous of that. Especially for the guy who managed to get Saquon!

Most people are understandably wanting to hold onto their drafted players in ours, which is obviously fair enough, but then there's a couple just ignoring trades week to week (and not just as a delaying tactic to negotiate). Bit boring.

Maybe 10 person leagues are lacking the scarcity of options for trades to feel important. Jaquiski Tart has a lot of receivers now if anyone is looking for next week
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 11:11:19 am by Classycara »

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #697 on: October 10, 2019, 02:19:28 pm »
Jealous of that. Especially for the guy who managed to get Saquon!

Most people are understandably wanting to hold onto their drafted players in ours, which is obviously fair enough, but then there's a couple just ignoring trades week to week (and not just as a delaying tactic to negotiate). Bit boring.

Maybe 10 person leagues are lacking the scarcity of options for trades to feel important. Jaquiski Tart has a lot of receivers now if anyone is looking for next week

I think 10 team leagues are a bit too small, for me it loses a bit of interest when everybody has a team full of star players. The thing I enjoyed most about last season was finding a couple of rookies and following their progress. I read about Tre'Quan Smith at the Saints and watched some highlights and saw him as an under the radar rookie prospect.  He didn't get me shedloads of points but I enjoyed following his progress.  The same with Phillip Lindsay at the Broncos. 

This season I didn't do much research into rookies before the season but I signed McLaurin of the Redskins and Singletary of the Bills a few weeks into the season, and it will be fun to see them develop as the season goes along.
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: October 10, 2019, 02:40:30 pm »
I think 10 team leagues are a bit too small, for me it loses a bit of interest when everybody has a team full of star players. The thing I enjoyed most about last season was finding a couple of rookies and following their progress. I read about Tre'Quan Smith at the Saints and watched some highlights and saw him as an under the radar rookie prospect.  He didn't get me shedloads of points but I enjoyed following his progress.  The same with Phillip Lindsay at the Broncos. 

This season I didn't do much research into rookies before the season but I signed McLaurin of the Redskins and Singletary of the Bills a few weeks into the season, and it will be fun to see them develop as the season goes along.

Yeah I agree with you there. Even 12 teams would make a difference probably. Seems like everyone has two good RBS a decent third and a scoring fourth so barring injury there's little to be gained from picking up on developments

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: October 10, 2019, 03:45:39 pm »
Well we had 20 people sign up so two leagues of 12 wasn't doable. We'll aim for 22 next season.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: October 10, 2019, 03:49:47 pm »
Well we had 20 people sign up so two leagues of 12 wasn't doable. We'll aim for 22 next season.

Wasn't a criticism! Loving getting into this the last couple of seasons.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: October 10, 2019, 06:11:28 pm »
Can the trade reject time be changed in League A? Its at two days which is forever when there's only basically three days between game weeks. If it can be changed to a day that would seem more sensible.

I've proposed a trade to someone this morning and they haven't responded so if they don't get back to me soon there'll be no time to do it before Sunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: October 10, 2019, 06:23:06 pm »

Vegas package draft? 

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: October 10, 2019, 06:27:29 pm »
Can the trade reject time be changed in League A? Its at two days which is forever when there's only basically three days between game weeks. If it can be changed to a day that would seem more sensible.

I've proposed a trade to someone this morning and they haven't responded so if they don't get back to me soon there'll be no time to do it before Sunday

Sometimes its process, and sometimes its the offer.   Been in the same boat.  Had four offers this week with no answer - it happens as Mikey is abroad (Lev), and people get busy. 

For me, the biggest issue is that TE's cannot be started in FLEX -- this makes no fucking sense except to people like Bruce Arians (TB coach) who think a TE is mostly for blocking - its arcane and takes a bit of strategy out of the game -- imagine drafting both Kelce and Engram with 2 of the first 4 picks - that would throw a wrench in plans - Ertz/Kittle not withstanding.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: October 10, 2019, 06:34:00 pm »
That's kind of my point. People are busy so it can take a day or two to sort a trade, then you've got to wait another two days for it to be approved. Makes it tough to get any done by the next game week. Especially cos I like to wait to see the waivers and free agents I get before thinking of trades

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2019, 10:02:17 pm »
I've changed it to 4 days, that's the maximum that's available.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2019, 10:35:09 pm »
Wait, what? Why longer?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2019, 12:14:29 am »
Wait, what? Why longer?

I misunderstood you, it's now changed to 1 day.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: October 11, 2019, 04:29:02 am »

Good work - Commish!  How'd you know I did not want 4 days?   :) :) :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: October 11, 2019, 04:50:12 am »
That's kind of my point. People are busy so it can take a day or two to sort a trade, then you've got to wait another two days for it to be approved. Makes it tough to get any done by the next game week. Especially cos I like to wait to see the waivers and free agents I get before thinking of trades

We should maybe do this in our league too

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: October 11, 2019, 05:09:16 am »
We should maybe do this in our league too

Done.

We also could expand the playoffs if anyone cares? Currently it's 4 in, 6 out.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: October 11, 2019, 06:35:07 am »

:thumbup
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:05:02 am by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #712 on: October 11, 2019, 07:57:49 am »
Done.

Don't care, because I'll beat the pandas this week and another bunch of bums next week and I'll be in the top four... :D

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: October 11, 2019, 10:17:11 am »
Done.

Nice one thanks.

4 for the playoffs seems good to me. Then 5-8 place have the loser playoffs (my time to shine!) which means there's a post season to play for even if you've started badly, but two miss out

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: October 11, 2019, 01:56:45 pm »

We're all ears, Def!!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #715 on: October 14, 2019, 09:00:41 am »
Don't care, because I'll beat the pandas this week and another bunch of bums next week and I'll be in the top four... :D

:wave
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: October 14, 2019, 09:52:22 am »
Barring a Kerryon Johnson miracle I should scrape a win this week. I think we should just agree to forget about this weeks matchup though trend and wait for the rematch later in the year. Definitely not a great week for either of us.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: October 14, 2019, 10:00:59 am »
Steelers DEF had a good go at winning my Match-up for me but wasn't quite enough

Even bringing in Tevin Coleman somewhere yesterday still wouldn't have quite got me over the line so fair play DeFacto.  Good game.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #718 on: October 14, 2019, 10:06:29 am »
:wave

I don't count that as you've clearly used cheat mode to win our matchup. :D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: October 15, 2019, 09:03:55 am »
Jamaal Williams is why I was happy to get rid of Aaron Jones weeks ago. Packers seem deadset on a time share for some reason.