Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586770 times)

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3560 on: February 4, 2019, 07:26:31 pm »
Picked a good time to be fit. Get in there lad.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3561 on: February 4, 2019, 07:28:51 pm »
Massive chance for him, the big 3 picks itself, one of Fab/Hendo nailed on each game and Gini, but after that there's defo a spot open for someone to grab.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3562 on: February 4, 2019, 07:34:34 pm »
Lallana usually takes a few games to get to speed, I don't expect him to have a perfect game. But he can be a very good player with his creativity even if he's not on top of his game. I hope that he does enough to support Keita and both do the trickery required to unlock the Hammers defense.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3563 on: February 4, 2019, 07:40:00 pm »
If Lallana and/or Keita fade what will we do? Bring Jones on? Camacho at RB and put Milner in there?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: February 4, 2019, 07:42:32 pm »
If Lallana and/or Keita fade what will we do? Bring Jones on? Camacho at RB and put Milner in there?

Shaq attack.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: February 4, 2019, 07:43:17 pm »

Camacho at RB and Milner center is actually a good shout and Shaqiri is there too to bring on

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #3566 on: February 4, 2019, 07:49:09 pm »
Lallana is going to be amazing today - mark my words!!!!!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3567 on: February 4, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
I thought considering his lack of match practice he wasn't too bad. His control of the ball in the move for our goal was sensational. He obviously struggled before the end but hopefully it won't be the last we see of him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: February 4, 2019, 11:04:02 pm »
It was so nice to see Lallana back - i think he gave a strong performance in the first half, and some of his footwork was sublime.

Hopefully more to come - I still haven't forgotten those brilliant performances he gave us when Klopp first joined - he led the press and was amazing coming from midfield and arriving in the box.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3569 on: February 4, 2019, 11:09:50 pm »
I thought considering his lack of match practice he wasn't too bad. His control of the ball in the move for our goal was sensational. He obviously struggled before the end but hopefully it won't be the last we see of him.
Very fair assessment.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3570 on: March 1, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
I m on a personal mission to get this man (well, both Lallana and Jim Daly) more mindshare.

Without further ado (and with no Freddie Adu), I give you:
https://youtu.be/Ys9f01LBxPA
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3571 on: March 10, 2019, 02:19:11 pm »
I saw a lot of hate for him in the pre match thread so it was good to see him shut them up with a motm performance. Everything good seemed to go through him and his work rate as well was top quality. It reminded me of his 2016/17 form before he got injured.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: March 10, 2019, 02:21:33 pm »
I saw a lot of hate for him in the pre match thread so it was good to see him shut them up with a motm performance. Everything good seemed to go through him and his work rate as well was top quality. It reminded me of his 2016/17 form before he got injured.

I am a huge admirer of his, and prior to the match I didn't he did anything to warrant a start. However he's been tremendous in training all week per Klopp and today did he a great job as you said reminiscent of that season's performances where he really had a fantastic year.

Shame that the injuries have robbed him of 12 months of football really last year

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3573 on: March 10, 2019, 02:22:53 pm »
I didn't see any "hate". But there were a few spectacular doubters. One bloke actually said he slows things down. Lallana!

There again there were plenty of other posters with memories longer than a goldfish. The only question was whether Lallana still had it within him, fitness wise. On the evidence of this morning he does. And that's a nice little present for the coming weeks.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: March 10, 2019, 02:24:22 pm »
Top class today

Wonderful player on his day, he just needs luck with injuries to be honest. Was typical Klopp praised him and said he was in the best shape he had seen him in since he became manager then he got injured again

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3575 on: March 10, 2019, 02:31:42 pm »
I didn't see any "hate". But there were a few spectacular doubters. One bloke actually said he slows things down. Lallana!

There again there were plenty of other posters with memories longer than a goldfish. The only question was whether Lallana still had it within him, fitness wise. On the evidence of this morning he does. And that's a nice little present for the coming weeks.
Maybe "hate" was the wrong word but the reaction to that line up was extreme to say the least. I saw one poster describe the decision as "mind boggling". Someone else said that he's finished. I wonder what they thought of his performance today but I'm sure they'll forget about it next time he starts and react in a similar way.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: March 10, 2019, 02:32:35 pm »
I've been very critical of the decision to use him at times this season but he was boss today, hopefully he maintains that level of performance now and keeps fit. We're desperately crying out for some creativity in midfield and Lallana at his best is perfect for it.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3577 on: March 10, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »
Maybe "hate" was the wrong word but the reaction to that line up was extreme to say the least. I saw one poster describe the decision as "mind boggling". Someone else said that he's finished. I wonder what they thought of his performance today but I'm sure they'll forget about it next time he starts and react in a similar way.

Def no hate but there was more doubters than supporters i think as many had their scapegoat already picked out when the team sheet was released. Today he just showed how to press teams and move the ball forward without blinkers on. When the game is played at a hundred miles an hour the better players always seem to have that extra second on the ball or see what the opposition is about to do. Bit of an example was when Burnley were attacking down TAA side and Lallana ran behind Trent expecting the ball to be pushed into space and he just closed it down. Of course his desire to set up our first goal was huge and thats what you want to see from a team chasing for the title. Might be too much for him to start every game right now but if hes fit I start him in every league game for sure. Tremendous game today and the doubters sure had to eat their words.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: March 10, 2019, 03:16:40 pm »
Was boss today!

We missed him this Lallana.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: March 10, 2019, 03:19:58 pm »
Top class today. A throwback to the old Adam and hopefully he can build on this. He could have probably shot the ball a couple of times but he was genuinely superb in everything he did today.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3580 on: March 10, 2019, 03:21:45 pm »
Was on it today, gliding around the pitch with the ball and snapping into tackles without.  If he can keep himself fit then he's a really nice option in midfield, but I don't ever want to see him as one of the front three.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3581 on: March 10, 2019, 03:35:52 pm »
I love watching him play. Has the one quality that all great players share: making everyone else play at the pace of his choosing.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline mwake

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3582 on: March 10, 2019, 03:38:40 pm »
Perfect for today's game, but not sure if he will be used when we play at at Fulham, it will be interesting to see if that happens.

Regardless Klopp should have gone on for Fekir at Christmas when he realized Keita was not going to be that man to be a playmaker.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3583 on: March 10, 2019, 03:50:06 pm »

Yeah but that's just immature reaction in the heat of the moment. You might be surprised that Klopp chose to start with Lallana. You might even think it to be a mistake. But to say you find such a thing "mind-boggling" is just having a little  tantrum really. If you honestly cannot imagine any circumstance in which Lallana starts a game for Liverpool it simply means you have not been watching us carefully enough over the years. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:36 pm »
Tremendous today

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:54 pm »
Great to see that today, he’s one of my favourite players and we have missed what he brings this season.

People also forget that Firmino’s new deeper, false 9 position came because of Lallana’s fitness issues. Before Firmino, it was Lallana who led Jurgen’s press high up - the choke hold being led by a ferociously aggressive player with great game intelligence and skill on the ball. Firmino’s the logical replacement thinking about it like that, and so he’s proved this last 2 seasons.

But today, we saw Lallana bringing that from midfield and it was brilliant to see that aggressive press from him again. It led to the 2nd goal. His intelligence around that side of the game is still there clearly, and he was sharp enough physically to make the most of it too.

It’s the exact guile we needed from midfield this last few months. Ox gave us that penetration last season, Keita was supposed to this. Shaqiri did a good job at the start of this season, and he played a massive part in setting us up for a proper title challenge with his performance in December. But we’ve definitely missed that since the start of this year.

I have a feeling it comes down to Klopp’s reluctance to play that extra attack minded player in midfield, when it comes to the bigger games. I wish he’d do it more though - Man Utd and Everton being the 2 recent games that spring to mind - we set up midfield to get more defensive control, but those 2 teams were there for the taking had we gotten the attacking impetus from midfield instead.

I hope we see it for the rest of the run in. It’s how our team plays best - on the front foot. Yes, we give up a bit of defensive cover, but we have one of the best GK, CB, no 6 combo in Europe at the moment - they should handle it. Whether its Keita, Shaqiri (both of whom have had problems playing in the half spaces for different reasons), Lallana (please be fit enough for the run in) or even Ox coming back, I really hope we see a lot more attacking impetus from that no8 position for the rest of the season. We’ve got big games coming up in Bayern, Spurs, Chelsea, so we’ll see how we line up in those - if Lallana or Keita get the nod, or if we go more defensive with Henderson.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3586 on: March 10, 2019, 04:12:42 pm »
Superb today, totally justified his selection.

I'm one of his biggest fans, but even I had my doubts about seeing him back at his very best given his injuries.

Great option to have for the run in. 
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3587 on: March 10, 2019, 04:18:04 pm »
Great to see that today, he’s one of my favourite players and we have missed what he brings this season.

People also forget that Firmino’s new deeper, false 9 position came because of Lallana’s fitness issues. Before Firmino, it was Lallana who led Jurgen’s press high up - the choke hold being led by a ferociously aggressive player with great game intelligence and skill on the ball. Firmino’s the logical replacement thinking about it like that, and so he’s proved this last 2 seasons.

But today, we saw Lallana bringing that from midfield and it was brilliant to see that aggressive press from him again. It led to the 2nd goal. His intelligence around that side of the game is still there clearly, and he was sharp enough physically to make the most of it too.

It’s the exact guile we needed from midfield this last few months. Ox gave us that penetration last season, Keita was supposed to this. Shaqiri did a good job at the start of this season, and he played a massive part in setting us up for a proper title challenge with his performance in December. But we’ve definitely missed that since the start of this year.

I have a feeling it comes down to Klopp’s reluctance to play that extra attack minded player in midfield, when it comes to the bigger games. I wish he’d do it more though - Man Utd and Everton being the 2 recent games that spring to mind - we set up midfield to get more defensive control, but those 2 teams were there for the taking had we gotten the attacking impetus from midfield instead.

I hope we see it for the rest of the run in. It’s how our team plays best - on the front foot. Yes, we give up a bit of defensive cover, but we have one of the best GK, CB, no 6 combo in Europe at the moment - they should handle it. Whether its Keita, Shaqiri (both of whom have had problems playing in the half spaces for different reasons), Lallana (please be fit enough for the run in) or even Ox coming back, I really hope we see a lot more attacking impetus from that no8 position for the rest of the season. We’ve got big games coming up in Bayern, Spurs, Chelsea, so we’ll see how we line up in those - if Lallana or Keita get the nod, or if we go more defensive with Henderson.

Good post Baz.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3588 on: March 10, 2019, 04:18:25 pm »
Superb today, not quite man of the match but up there for sure
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3589 on: March 10, 2019, 04:22:36 pm »
he was excellent. kind of makes sense that he plays ahead of shaqiri based on that. he offers far more in terms of pressing and work rate and obviously good at making those connections with the front 3.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3590 on: March 10, 2019, 04:26:11 pm »
Great game from Adam today, keep him fit and he's a great asset for us to use.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3591 on: March 10, 2019, 05:14:22 pm »
Was boss today!
Made the difference imo.

And now throws up a [good] selection headache for Klopp!

3 man midfield has to have Fabinho in it...so two from the other six of Lallana, Keita, Hendo, Shaq, Millie...and a coming-back Ox!

Good times.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #3592 on: March 10, 2019, 05:32:34 pm »
Excellent today. Need him against the 10 man defences. His pressing was boss, especially for the first goal.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: March 10, 2019, 05:34:30 pm »
More than justified his selection.
It would be very valuable if we can squeeze some form out of him in the remaining games.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #3594 on: March 10, 2019, 05:52:39 pm »
Thought he played well today.

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3595 on: March 10, 2019, 05:57:28 pm »
He was alright.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3596 on: March 10, 2019, 06:06:18 pm »
Just a little homage to Adam Lallana's contribution today.

The counter-pressing block that led to our second doesn't need highlighting. Jurgen has already explained in the post-match interviews how brilliant it was, how it utterly transformed the situation in the blink of an eye, and also how it was typical of Lallana's general gegen-pression aggression. Lallana was said to have been the player that understood Klopp's particular demands from Day One - from Spurs away. Klopp called him 'the hunter' - the man who reads what's happening on the pitch as well as anyone else and triggers the press. "Good" as Jurgen says.

But he's obviously a creator too. A master at carving out space on a crowded pitch and a player who puts speed into a team's attacking play.

The first goal showed some of that. It's great how he swiftly occupies the space on the left after the Burnley defender evacuates it. VVD gives him the ball and immediately Lallana is facing the right way. Then it's all about being a head-up footballer. He checks twice, declining a forward pass on both occasions. But he's still moving with the ball. And with each check there's a subtle shift of the ball and his relationship to it, opening up additional possibilities. Coutinho-like one might say. The third possibility turned out to be the crossfield pass to Mo, now in oceans of space on the right flank.

Then, of course, the real damage was done by the Mo and Gini combo. But even then Lallana is haring into the box, also in oceans of space in case the ball is cut back. A real object lesson in how to link defence to attack and then support the attack.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3597 on: March 10, 2019, 06:17:44 pm »
Played really well today, hopefully at last getting the rythm and fitness back. Every time he's returned from injury over the last couple of years, he's immediately gotten injured again and been unable to play himself into form. Not that he's been playing much recently, but he's been available at least.

Think his days of being an option in the front 3 might be long gone though, might still be a spot for him in the midfield 3. He brings a tactical discipline that Shaqiri doesn't, and a creativity and ability to wait for an opening that the other options don't have in spades either.

If he's properly sharp he's a great option for us, only one match though so early days.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #3598 on: March 10, 2019, 06:23:03 pm »
Cracking shift today.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3599 on: March 10, 2019, 06:24:30 pm »
If today's performance was more than just a one off and he can maintain that level of performance for the remaining 8 games in the league then he could be the difference in the title race. With the recent draws and poor performances maybe we just needed someone like him to come in and give us another option in midfield, which had started to go a bit stale recently. He adds the skill and energy which we've needed and I can see him becoming a regular starter for the rest of the season and in to next season as long as he can just stay fit.