Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1366958 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2680 on: November 4, 2018, 12:17:15 am »
Any case to finally move Trent from full back and play him in his actual best position of midfield?

No.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2681 on: November 4, 2018, 12:17:16 am »
Then he'll never learn, he was fine defensively against the most in-form winger in Europe last year in Champions League knockout ties. Young player has up and down game shocker.

Why won't he learn? I didn't say drop him altogether.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2682 on: November 4, 2018, 12:17:51 am »
Liverpool defender must fight , run 90 minutes , not act as fake referee. At this stage this is crucial mistakes .
You should tweet him that.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2683 on: November 4, 2018, 12:18:09 am »
Why won't he learn? I didn't say drop him altogether.

He won't learn the art of defending if he's only playing in games where he doesn't defend.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2684 on: November 4, 2018, 12:20:05 am »
He won't learn the art of defending if he's only playing in games where he doesn't defend.

There are still plenty of decent players that will give him a good test outside of the top 6 or 7 where he won't have to face some of the best players in the league who will purposely target him every time we play a top team.

Offline rise of the rest

• Kemlynite
  • Straw hat pillock
« Reply #2685 on: November 4, 2018, 12:26:34 am »
Didn't catch the game. Are people exaggerating or did he make some mistakes?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2686 on: November 4, 2018, 02:43:45 am »
Arsenal did a number on him and overloaded his side. That is what Emery does. He could of done better but the reality is that overloading Trent left space for Salah to exploit. On another day we get a bit of luck, take our chances and win comfortably.

It's also what Ancelotti did. And what any manager with half a brain cell would do right now. He's got a beautiful inside pass on him, Trent, but little else at the moment. Vacating about 50 yards of space in front of him every game certainly doesn't help protect or improve a difficult period for him
« Last Edit: November 4, 2018, 02:47:46 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2687 on: November 4, 2018, 02:58:52 am »
It's also what Ancelotti did. And what any manager with half a brain cell would do right now. He's got a beautiful inside pass on him, Trent, but little else at the moment. Vacating about 50 yards of space in front of him every game certainly doesn't help protect or improve a difficult period for him

Any fullback in the world is struggling one on one with Insigne and Aubaymeyang, god forbid when they have a fullback with them making it 2 on 1.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2688 on: November 4, 2018, 03:15:48 am »
Was he really bad? Missed the game but to suggest TAA should get dropped is crazy. He has been off form lately but to drop him is insane.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2689 on: November 4, 2018, 03:54:20 am »
How easy it is these days for someone to go on a forum and pull strings and wind up people is mind boggling...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2690 on: November 4, 2018, 03:59:27 am »
Should from learn from the Scottish terrier, Robbo. How to defend.
Somehow it feels TAA is too tall for a back. Slow in turning.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2691 on: November 4, 2018, 04:05:43 am »
Should from learn from the Scottish terrier, Robbo. How to defend.
Somehow it feels TAA is too tall for a back. Slow in turning.

He's not tall, everywhere has him being between 5ft 8 & 9, the same as Robbo.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2692 on: November 4, 2018, 04:14:42 am »
He's not tall, everywhere has him being between 5ft 8 & 9, the same as Robbo.
Really? 5ft 8?
He looks rather lanky. Slow in turning. Got turned a few times.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2693 on: November 4, 2018, 04:16:41 am »
zoiks! Robbo is taller than TAA!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2694 on: November 4, 2018, 04:17:41 am »
Really? 5ft 8?
He looks rather lanky. Slow in turning. Got turned a few times.

By Aubameyang, one of the fastest players on the planet. Yeah he's not tall, he's skinny so may look a bit more lanky, but he's not tall.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #2695 on: November 4, 2018, 04:59:41 am »
I was not worried about abumayang against him but when Iwobi came I was dreading it. He struggles players like him and Saha specially late in game when leg gets tired.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2696 on: November 4, 2018, 05:14:14 am »
I was not worried about abumayang against him but when Iwobi came I was dreading it. He struggles players like him and Saha specially late in game when leg gets tired.
Yeah. Iwobi did him a few.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2697 on: November 4, 2018, 06:10:19 am »
You should tweet him that.

but he likes snapchat

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2698 on: November 4, 2018, 08:56:45 am »
Robertson is lucky. He gets protection. Not that he would get exposed because he has shown he is good in a one vs one battle (like against Sterling last year) but even at Hull people felt he was weak defensively.

Trent however gets hardly any protection. Salah is instructed to stay high and its not like we always cover him on that side.

In tougher games right now however we need to go for Gomez in there. His pace, ability and strength is vital to win the one vs one battle.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2699 on: November 4, 2018, 09:18:26 am »
Robertson is lucky. He gets protection. Not that he would get exposed because he has shown he is good in a one vs one battle (like against Sterling last year) but even at Hull people felt he was weak defensively.

Trent however gets hardly any protection. Salah is instructed to stay high and its not like we always cover him on that side.

In tougher games right now however we need to go for Gomez in there. His pace, ability and strength is vital to win the one vs one battle.

Mane did a great job working back yesterday.

Trent got a bit rattled I think. He was isolated and outnumbered at times but he made a few bad decisions too. Don’t think he was much at fault (if at all) for the goal to be honest. Sometimes you have to remember the other side have good players and it was a very good goal from their perspective.

Not his best game by any means but no reason to worry. Let him loose against Fulham next week.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2700 on: November 4, 2018, 09:19:46 am »
Liverpool defender must fight , run 90 minutes , not act as fake referee. At this stage this is crucial mistakes .

Wrong forum mate
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2701 on: November 4, 2018, 09:24:43 am »
By Aubameyang, one of the fastest players on the planet. Yeah he's not tall, he's skinny so may look a bit more lanky, but he's not tall.

Aubameyang got subbed along with Mickey Ryan.
Obviously they were having blinders, and Arsenal thought job done.

Leave aside the disallowed goal, the punch to Van Dykes head, and the rewriting of the laws regarding pulling back an opponent by Andre Marriner, Arsenal were fucking lucky to get anything last night. We went there and such was their “dominance” over TAA, they were left celebrating a 1-1 draw at home.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2702 on: November 4, 2018, 09:27:46 am »
Aubameyang got subbed along with Mickey Ryan.
Obviously they were having blinders, and Arsenal thought job done.

Leave aside the disallowed goal, the punch to Van Dykes head, and the rewriting of the laws regarding pulling back an opponent by Andre Marriner, Arsenal were fucking lucky to get anything last night. We went there and such was their “dominance” over TAA, they were left celebrating a 1-1 draw at home.
Marriner MVP for Arsenal.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2703 on: November 4, 2018, 09:32:56 am »
I thought he was much better offensively then previous few games. He played crisp incisive passes to the tip of their box often, his vision is good and he makes things happen. On the other hand he made several defensive mistakes and did not cope too well with constant overloading on his side by Arsenal. How we could have helped him - I don't know, but it was obvious he needed protection.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2704 on: November 4, 2018, 09:43:00 am »
I thought he was much better offensively then previous few games. He played crisp incisive passes to the tip of their box often, his vision is good and he makes things happen. On the other hand he made several defensive mistakes and did not cope too well with constant overloading on his side by Arsenal. How we could have helped him - I don't know, but it was obvious he needed protection.

Yep he was good going forward and what he did more of which he has in his locker is his dribbling ability. A few times he made good runs with the ball to buy him some space.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2705 on: November 4, 2018, 10:06:54 am »
Struggled against a team managed by a man who is very good at coaching overloads

He has way more good games than concerning ones so its not really a huge issue, he's young, still learning and he's still a brilliant fullback especially when you consider his age. The kids going to be sublime

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2706 on: November 4, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »
For those who admire Trent Alexander Arnold.....enjoy him! He’ll be with us for the next fifteen years.

For those of you who don’t....endure him! He’ll be with us for the next fifteen years. Tough shit for you.

Personally, I’m in the ‘enjoy’ camp. He’s brilliant. The best home-grown full back since Chris Lawler.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2707 on: November 4, 2018, 06:13:21 pm »
For those who admire Trent Alexander Arnold.....enjoy him! He’ll be with us for the next fifteen years.

For those of you who don’t....endure him! He’ll be with us for the next fifteen years. Tough shit for you.

Personally, I’m in the ‘enjoy’ camp. He’s brilliant. The best home-grown full back since Chris Lawler.

Bollocks.

I'm in the ensuring he develops in to the right back we want, camp. If that means he gets some stick, then so be it. He'll grow and learn by it.

It isn't black and white.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2708 on: November 4, 2018, 06:27:01 pm »

It's fair to say he's been a bit off this season, most players have similar spells, pointing it out now means we don't like/admire him! Haha you got me

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2709 on: November 4, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
Bollocks.

I'm in the ensuring he develops in to the right back we want, camp. If that means he gets some stick, then so be it. He'll grow and learn by it.

Aye go on. You give him some stick. I’m sure he’ll learn by it.

The arrogance!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2710 on: November 4, 2018, 07:07:35 pm »
Aye go on. You give him some stick. I’m sure he’ll learn by it.

The arrogance!

Hmmmm, give some stick?... Hark the Henderson proletariat.

Balance and fairness to all?.... You so sure?

The hypocrisy! 

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2711 on: November 4, 2018, 07:17:54 pm »
Hmmmm, give some stick?... Hark the Henderson proletariat.

Balance and fairness to all?.... You so sure?

The hypocrisy! 

I don’t mind you giving him some stick if that’s what you want to do.

It’s the idea that you’ll improve him - he’ll “grow and learn by it” I think you said - that made me laugh.

Like I said, the arrogance.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2712 on: November 4, 2018, 07:26:11 pm »
The fucking state of you two   ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2713 on: November 4, 2018, 07:32:08 pm »

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2714 on: November 4, 2018, 07:55:57 pm »
Any case to finally move Trent from full back and play him in his actual best position of midfield?

I love this nonsense. He played his 'actual best position' less than at fullback at youth level as well you know. It's a complete myth based around a small quote from Ljinders a few years ago. Give it a rest.

I don't think Arsenal targeted him. They targeted the space in behind our back 4 and made them do suicide runs for 70 minutes then brought on Iwobi to pick on the most tired player which was Trent.

It obviously wasn't his best game but he learns fast but at the same time he isn't helped (and neither is Robbo but he's more mature so can get by) by not having a midfield to control the game.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2715 on: November 5, 2018, 07:41:59 pm »
I don’t mind you giving him some stick if that’s what you want to do.

It’s the idea that you’ll improve him - he’ll “grow and learn by it” I think you said - that made me laugh.

Like I said, the arrogance.

I'll ask Chris if he got any stick of Reuben or Bill the next time I see him. I'm sure he'll say he got it in the neck, when he dropped a bollock by any of the bootroom staff.

Consistency is a big thing when managing. Hypocrisy Lawler, not so much.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2018, 07:44:15 pm by CHOPPER »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2716 on: November 6, 2018, 09:28:46 pm »
Never been the best defensively but even his forward play now is summed up with a little dink forward to nobody particularly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2717 on: November 6, 2018, 09:35:50 pm »
If Clyne plays once he recovers from his illness, he really is opening the door for Clyne to win his spot back

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2718 on: November 6, 2018, 10:06:22 pm »
Been really poor this season. Its Gomez’s position for the forseeable future.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2719 on: November 6, 2018, 10:09:37 pm »
Been really poor this season. Its Gomez’s position for the forseeable future.

Rather play Gomez in his best position next to VVD. Why disrupt the potentially best CB partnership we've had in a long time?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke