DeFacto
10 (31.3%)
Elzar/XabiArt
8 (25%)
BigDickNick
8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 24, 2019, 11:41:47 am

Author Topic: 90s Draft Quarter Final 1  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
90s Draft Quarter Final 1
« on: November 23, 2019, 11:41:47 am »
Hazell                                                                                                      VS  DeFacto

VS

==============================================================

Elzar/XabiArt                                                                                                            VS Big Dick Nick

VS
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 90s Draft Quarter Final 1
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 02:51:51 pm »
Voted for Hazell and Defacto, fuck you all!

kidding!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 05:26:39 pm »
The 2nd match is really really fascinating and intriguing, hard to make a decision ultimately

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 06:21:01 pm »
Oh fuck off.

(to the people who voted for DeFacto).

And to DeFacto.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
I think Signori is not getting the proper respect here Hazell - should we call in the sister wives?

He led the Serie A in scoring 3 times during the 90's and was always in the top 5 ---> if there is anyone could snap a bolt its this guy.

Defacto's attacking play also leaves something to be desired, especially in back to back games --- Zamarano is nice and the attack middies even better but your midfield triangle is one of the better balanced midfields I've seen.

This game has penalties written all over it -- and for the masses to not see Hazell's quality really bothers me (*** in an unrelated matter I play DeFacto this week in fantasy football for a place in the playoffs--- but this has no bearing on it at all).

No corruption here.  Hazell deserves better here.   And the other match is also a mouth-watering draw meant for penalties.
We all know the 90's were a time of either 3-0 complete annihilation or pens.  These two strike me as the latter
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 06:40:56 pm »
I think Signori is not getting the proper respect here Hazell - should we call in the sister wives?

He led the Serie A in scoring 3 times during the 90's and was always in the top 5 ---> if there is anyone could snap a bolt its this guy.

Defacto's attacking play also leaves something to be desired, especially in back to back games --- Zamarano is nice and the attack middies even better but your midfield triangle is one of the better balanced midfields I've seen.

This game has penalties written all over it -- and for the masses to not see Hazell's quality really bothers me (*** in an unrelated matter I play DeFacto this week in fantasy football for a place in the playoffs--- but this has no bearing on it at all).

No corruption here.  Hazell deserves better here.   And the other match is also a mouth-watering draw meant for penalties.
We all know the 90's were a time of either 3-0 complete annihilation or pens.  These two strike me as the latter

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 07:09:47 pm »

Signori has a disgusting goal record for his era, I was furious when I looked him up.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 07:16:54 pm »

My midfield and back line suffocate his. Moller also had a fantastic record, basically 1 in 4 for an attacking midfielder, and was a threat for every side he played in the 90s. The flexibility gives me the option to either play him off Zamorano or alongside Prosinecki who was also creative wherever he played in midfield. Rui and Riijkard are fantastic no doubt, but they aren't going to dominate the match with my numbers and  the balance I have in there.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 07:50:37 pm »
My midfield and back line suffocate his. Moller also had a fantastic record, basically 1 in 4 for an attacking midfielder, and was a threat for every side he played in the 90s. The flexibility gives me the option to either play him off Zamorano or alongside Prosinecki who was also creative wherever he played in midfield. Rui and Riijkard are fantastic no doubt, but they aren't going to dominate the match with my numbers and  the balance I have in there.

Do not get me wrong Def, you have a quality side as well. 

My point is that this is much more of a stalemate kind of game we see in the Serie A where no team gives much, where the speed of play is slower and the counters are where the action begins -- This game has pens written all over it (notice I did not say whose team would win that outcome, but this huge differential is somewhat errant in its understanding of who would win this game and by how much -- this is not a 3-0 stomping by your team - in my opinion). 

If not pens, then this game would be decided by 1 goal -- its close.

This is the problem with these kinds of drafts --- we see a pretty picture, suffocation (great descipter btw) claims, and some mention of the bolt/catenaccio style defense and immediately there are oohhhs and ahhhs.  But very few are asking how you are going to score and against a side with 2 DM and 3 CB's --- its just pure insanity.

And tbf, both of you have 7 players on your side of the pitch pretty much all the time -- this game is not as clear cut as everyone seems to be thinking, that is all.

This is why I voted for Hazell --- because someone needs to fix the messed up group think consensus, voting (not because you do not have a good team --- you do).!

For Hazell to only have 3 votes from 14 votes (not including mine) at this point in the voting is bordering on criminal.
P.S. DeFacto's team, his back 7 is outstanding.  Not trying to pick at him in the slightest.

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 08:42:39 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 08:56:49 pm »
Its classic catenaccio style 1-0 wins :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 10:32:11 pm »
Hazell and Big Dick Nick for me.

Mainly for their post counts being bigger therefore they must know the most about football.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:04 pm »
Just realised when you’re up against a jointly managed team your effectively a goal down before kick off. It’s like they have away goals in their favour!

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:22 pm »
Hazell and Big Dick Nick for me.

Mainly for their post counts being bigger therefore they must know the most about football.
You can't vote for yourself that's cheating!

I went for Hazell in the first and XabiArt in the second game.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 10:35:19 pm »
You can't vote for yourself that's cheating!

I went for Hazell in the first and XabiArt in the second game.

:D

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 10:44:05 am »
Just an hour left

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 11:28:38 am »
DeFacto - can't score against his bunch. Not even Signori, who admittedly is one of my favourite players of the 90's, but he couldn't carry Lazio past Milan in those days by himself, so I see no reason why he could here.

Elzar/XabiArt's team wins for me because of the sheer creativity of Totti and Savicevic to supply Crespo along with having Nesta and Thuram patrolling a back three. I'm rather uncertain whether BigDickNick's defensive line could cope with it. Their midfield is a fair bit better, but I think that the back four lacking a world-class leader, whereas the opposition have two narrowly edges that one out for me by the slightest of margins.
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 11:35:43 am »
DeFacto - can't score against his bunch. Not even Signori, who admittedly is one of my favourite players of the 90's, but he couldn't carry Lazio past Milan in those days by himself, so I see no reason why he could here.

Elzar/XabiArt's team wins for me because of the sheer creativity of Totti and Savicevic to supply Crespo along with having Nesta and Thuram patrolling a back three. I'm rather uncertain whether BigDickNick's defensive line could cope with it. Their midfield is a fair bit better, but I think that the back four lacking a world-class leader, whereas the opposition have two narrowly edges that one out for me by the slightest of margins.

You bitch.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 11:36:18 am »
1 more vote anywhere? otherwise someone will have to do Penalties for me

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 11:53:39 am »
You bitch.

I doubt female dogs can use keyboards  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 12:15:36 pm »
Well done DeFacto :wave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2019, 12:17:33 pm »
Well done DeFacto :wave

Cheers Hazell, not as many people voted in this one as in previous ones, and you didn't use your wives.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2019, 12:18:52 pm »
Surprised at that, but I guess Mourinho football is rather topical right now :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 01:01:29 pm »
So how does penalty kicks work? Maybe we could do a separate penalty shootout vote as in "who would've won the penalty shootout": I actually fancy BigDickNick to edge that one.
Linudden.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »

But he is not playing with Lazio is he?  His goal scoring prowess combined with an elegant midfield plus Zola does not require him "to do it" himself.  In fact, I would argue that Signori (if given the proper respect by voters here) in an All-Star format such as this is an MVP candidate ---> goals scored, duration, and the quality of the goals are top 3 in entire draft.

Show me 3 that were better/more prolific for longer in the 90's and I'll stop typing
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2019, 01:50:01 pm »
So how does penalty kicks work? Maybe we could do a separate penalty shootout vote as in "who would've won the penalty shootout": I actually fancy BigDickNick to edge that one.

This is an excellent idea.

Penalties work like this:

Each manager posts to Ref their 5 takers ------------->  3 choices (left, middle, right) - so there is some strategy
Each manager posts to Ref their GK preferences -------> 3 choices (left, middle, right) - diving preferences

And the Ref lists the outcomes - with some embellishment.  There is some strategy to this, but I will only share it for a vote or a cheaper group of sister wives
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2019, 02:17:20 pm »
Surprised at that, but I guess Mourinho football is rather topical right now :D

:'( :'( where art thou Tadic

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2019, 02:28:52 pm »
This is an excellent idea.

Penalties work like this:

Each manager posts to Ref their 5 takers ------------->  3 choices (left, middle, right) - so there is some strategy
Each manager posts to Ref their GK preferences -------> 3 choices (left, middle, right) - diving preferences

And the Ref lists the outcomes - with some embellishment.  There is some strategy to this, but I will only share it for a vote or a cheaper group of sister wives

Sounds good if someone is able to put the hard yards in!

Out of interest, if I say shoots left is that to his left or the keeper’s left?!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »

Out of interest, if I say shoots left is that to his left or the keeper’s left?!

While it's an interesting idea, it'd be a bit ridiculous to say "keeper the right way = save" which I assume Trend meant  ;D Doesn't work like that, especially when the likes of Le Tissier or Signori were involved. Even these guys, some of them at least, were really good penalty takers.

I'd rather say Elzar or Xabi Art nominate five takers, BigDickNick five takers and then we vote on who we think would win the shootout in a six-hour poll.
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 03:09:55 pm »
But he is not playing with Lazio is he?  His goal scoring prowess combined with an elegant midfield plus Zola does not require him "to do it" himself.  In fact, I would argue that Signori (if given the proper respect by voters here) in an All-Star format such as this is an MVP candidate ---> goals scored, duration, and the quality of the goals are top 3 in entire draft.

Show me 3 that were better/more prolific for longer in the 90's and I'll stop typing

Lazio had some fine players around him (Winter, Boksic, Casiraghi, Fuser) so it's not like he was all alone, but still I fancy the Milan three to keep cover of Signori, even though he was arguably the best striker in the world together with Romário around 1995-ish.
Linudden.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2019, 03:32:19 pm »

I had to clear this up with the others in the last round.

Its easiest to specify or all just use the same perspective “keepers left” “takers left”

Anybody want to referee the pens as obviously I can’t!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 03:35:31 pm »
I think takers' left/right for both is the easiest.
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2019, 03:47:27 pm »
While it's an interesting idea, it'd be a bit ridiculous to say "keeper the right way = save" which I assume Trend meant  ;D Doesn't work like that, especially when the likes of Le Tissier or Signori were involved. Even these guys, some of them at least, were really good penalty takers.

I'd rather say Elzar or Xabi Art nominate five takers, BigDickNick five takers and then we vote on who we think would win the shootout in a six-hour poll.

You’re responsible for this being a draw! Well volunteered.

I knew I should have picked Chilavert.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 03:57:30 pm »
You’re responsible for this being a draw! Well volunteered.

I knew I should have picked Chilavert.

Chilavert lost yesterday mate.  PM me if you want the insider knowledge of how to win this -- I'm a goalkeeper coach.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 04:22:48 pm »

Nah, penalties are too much on the day luck/other factors to vote.

This was it’s more like an actual pen shoot out, plus we did this for the last round so need to keep it fair

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2019, 05:21:41 pm »
Chilavert lost yesterday mate.  PM me if you want the insider knowledge of how to win this -- I'm a goalkeeper coach.

Get lost Corrigan.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2019, 05:36:26 pm »
Get lost Corrigan.

That hurts mate... Not gonna lie.  Goalkeepers Union

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 06:16:15 pm »
Anyone willing to take our penalty picks? Don’t have to create a story, just throw them in the thread. Could do with it sorted for the semis tomorrow

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 06:16:15 pm »
Bloody hell. I didn’t even get chance to vote in this. We’d be through!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »
Bloody hell. I didn’t even get chance to vote in this. We’d be through!

No ones buying that.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2019, 08:51:01 pm »
No ones buying that.

Who's your top 5 mate?

Elzar - I'll do the Pens if you want?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: