Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 449888 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #1920 on: March 19, 2019, 12:18:22 am »
Hopefully the injury isn't serious will need him at some point or another

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: March 19, 2019, 09:24:17 am »
Xherdan is injured and has left the Swiss training camp. Inflamed groin is the diagnosis.

I've had that 'injury' ;)

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1922 on: March 19, 2019, 10:13:57 am »
Bummer, getting a couple of full game under his belt would have served him well I assume. Hopefully nothing too serious.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1923 on: March 19, 2019, 10:50:09 am »
Didn't Klopp mention about a month ago that he'd been struggling with an abdominal issue? May explain why he's featured so little and has withdrawn from the Swiss squad.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1924 on: March 19, 2019, 04:49:56 pm »
He just hasn't been good for a while now. It's been a while since his subs made an impact.

So is this why he's hardly played in weeks?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: March 19, 2019, 05:01:01 pm »
He just hasn't been good for a while now. It's been a while since his subs made an impact.

It's hard to make an impact when you're not on the pitch. He's played less than 45 minutes since Feb 1st.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1926 on: March 19, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
It's hard to make an impact when you're not on the pitch. He's played less than 45 minutes since Feb 1st.
Like I wrote, it's been a long time since his subs made an impact so there hasn't been much reason for Klopp to play him more. There's no need to speculate about disciplinary issues. I think he's been a very solid recruitment and I didn't expect him to be a starter.

Personally, I think he should be used as a winger in 433, to give Salah and/or Mane some rest, rather than as some kind of playmaker. It seems more natural for his strengths.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: March 19, 2019, 06:31:00 pm »
Disagree. I think he's better as a 10, then he is as an actual winger. While he can play there, his game is best suited when he's play centrally. The problem is in order for him to play there, he'll have to improve his work rate off the ball and pressing [not saying he doesn't work hard but in a midfield under Klopp it's a different level]

When he plays we have to adjust, which we have done, but there are reaasons he hasn't played imo

- injury
- not having the strengths needed for Klopp to seelct him against certain opponents [Klopp's words, paraphrased about him lacking in height for set pieces for defending in certain matches ]
- him not performing at his previous high level when he did play.

I still think he'll have a major role to play with the games left.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: March 19, 2019, 08:57:19 pm »
Can anyone jog my memory to the poor games he had in 2019?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1929 on: March 19, 2019, 09:01:24 pm »
Can anyone jog my memory to the poor games he had in 2019?

Perhaps poor is too strong of a word, more like subdued or indifferent.

Leicester,Brighton, are both games that he started in and I don't think he stood out, Leicester more so than Brighton [I believe he had two chances to score in against Brihton, one was a glancing header] His sub appearances against West Ham and Palace weren't particularly noteworthy.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1930 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:02 pm »
That sums up the difference between us and the 2 Manchester teams in terms of squad depth.

We have the Cube on the sub bench and couldn't even afford to keep Clyne, while City have the riches bring on former PL player of the year, German young player of the year or a Spanish world cup winner to change a game. Utd have a French world cup winner and the highest salaried player in the world waiting to come on.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1931 on: March 19, 2019, 09:31:20 pm »
I've had that 'injury' ;)

Me too. Quite pleasurable before you have the problem  ;) and then feels dreadful as it can get difficult to even walk with it depending on exact location and size of inflammation.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: March 20, 2019, 03:50:50 am »
We have the Cube on the sub bench and couldn't even afford to keep Clyne,

What do you mean we couldn't afford to keep Clyne? Financially or ?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1933 on: March 20, 2019, 08:49:02 am »
That sums up the difference between us and the 2 Manchester teams in terms of squad depth.
That explains why United and City are so far ahead of us in the League and have gone further in the Champions League.
Utd have a French world cup winner and the highest salaried player in the world waiting to come on.
BTW, rather than describing him as the "highest salaried player in the world", you could just call him Alexis Sanchez, doesn't look half as dramatic now though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: March 20, 2019, 09:41:50 am »
That explains why United and City are so far ahead of us in the League and have gone further in the Champions League. BTW, rather than describing him as the "highest salaried player in the world", you could just call him Alexis Sanchez, doesn't look half as dramatic now though.

We do love a bit of drama though  ;D

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1935 on: March 20, 2019, 10:27:05 am »

We have the Cube on the sub bench and couldn't even afford to keep Clyne, while City have the riches bring on former PL player of the year, German young player of the year or a Spanish world cup winner to change a game. Utd have a French world cup winner and the highest salaried player in the world waiting to come on.

It has gotten United where? And Man City is how many points above us?

Clyne wanted out. He wasn't even on the bench. Is he really playing well at Bournemouth?

Sturridge, Origi and Shaq have got us key goals off the bench. That ain't bad.

We have Hendo/Fab or Milner/Lallana or Keita on the bench with Ox coming soon. That ain't bad.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: March 20, 2019, 10:33:13 am »

We have the Cube on the sub bench and couldn't even afford to keep Clyne,

If we win the league this year I hope clyne gets a medal, he gets talked about on this forum more than most of the lads that actually play for us.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1937 on: March 20, 2019, 06:35:07 pm »
A lot of important moments before Christmas.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: March 20, 2019, 06:38:40 pm »
Perhaps poor is too strong of a word, more like subdued or indifferent.

Leicester,Brighton, are both games that he started in and I don't think he stood out, Leicester more so than Brighton [I believe he had two chances to score in against Brihton, one was a glancing header] His sub appearances against West Ham and Palace weren't particularly noteworthy.
Fair enough mate. I understand if we have to change the system too much to incorporate him but I have seen enough average performances from other regulars in the side who haven't been dropped that's all.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #1939 on: March 20, 2019, 07:31:47 pm »
We haven’t won anything yet and not as if we were leading the pack by 10points.

1 Manchester team already won the league cup and both clubs have advanced into the FA cup further than us. That’s evidence of squad depth. You seem to have forgotten that.

Being fans doesn’t mean we have to be oblivious to lack of depth compared to our competitors. Just like to be realistic about our financial might in comparison.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:35:06 pm by RedForeverTT »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: March 20, 2019, 07:36:59 pm »

1 Manchester team already won the league cup and both clubs have advanced into the FA cup further than us. That’s evidence of squad depth. You seem to have forgotten that.

Being fans doesn’t mean we have to be oblivious to lack of depth compared to our competitors.

We've got further in the European Cup than Man Utd and we're about 40 points clear of them in the league. What is that evidence of?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1941 on: March 20, 2019, 07:42:29 pm »
We've got further in the European Cup than Man Utd and we're about 40 points clear of them in the league. What is that evidence of?
Lack of squad depth mate.Cant you read?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1942 on: March 20, 2019, 09:07:51 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1943 on: March 21, 2019, 08:29:18 am »

Being fans doesn’t mean we have to be oblivious to lack of depth compared to our competitors. Just like to be realistic about our financial might in comparison.
How is Man Utd going further in the FA Cup evidence that they've got a better squad than us rather than us being 18pts clear of them being evidence we've got a better squad than them? The irony is Man Utd were knocked out of the FA Cup by the same team that knocked us out, great squad depth hey.

I reckon most people agree we need a better squad, but your reasoning is absurd.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 10:22:06 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: March 21, 2019, 08:40:54 am »

Comparing FA Cup runs is not a great comparative measure. Too much of a lottery.

League is where squad depth comes truly into play due to injuries, suspensions, fixture congestion challenges. Also in the league each club faces the same opponents.[size=78%] [/size]

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: March 21, 2019, 08:46:05 am »

I've heard that ManU's bench is so deep that the only evidence is scratches all over Lukaku.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1946 on: March 21, 2019, 05:12:55 pm »
I've heard that ManU's bench is so deep that the only evidence is scratches all over Lukaku.
Excellent. Well played, mate :D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #1947 on: March 21, 2019, 10:42:43 pm »
Poor Shaq isn't even figuring much in his own thread!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1948 on: March 22, 2019, 02:28:55 pm »
So is this why he's hardly played in weeks?

Aye that buggers up all the conspiracy theorists suggesting he is pissing off the manager
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #1949 on: March 24, 2019, 12:45:09 pm »
Many of you don't know but I run the Looper Youtube channel along with my wife Nicki Swift and because this is the Liverpool forum, I felt that naturally this would be the right place to share my all-important Youtube video created just for you:

Title: Why Klopp won't cast Xherdan Shaqiri anymore
Content: For one reason or another Klopp certainly has a list of players he won't be casting in 2019. We reveal that because of Shaq's new-found spiritual discoveries related to the Kosovo UFO cult and his controversial views on Orthodox Christianity in the Premier League elite cult expose of under-age players moving across Eastern Europe into the West, Xherdan who's actually a Muslim and against the war on terror is never going to wear the red shirt for Liverpool ever again.

Now you know.................................sorry, it's the international break.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 12:47:06 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: March 24, 2019, 01:42:49 pm »
Xherdan is injured and has left the Swiss training camp. Inflamed groin is the diagnosis.

Well, when you’re just sitting around on the bench with nothing to do, then who can blame him?

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1951 on: March 24, 2019, 02:03:10 pm »

Which is why, as a fellow Liverpool supporter (and when we all obviously have a choice as to which team we support) I have absolutely no doubt that the fact we are not a "Money Club" is a factor in your rabid support for our wonderful team.  ::)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1952 on: April 9, 2019, 03:18:14 am »
I really do wonder what's happened between the lad and Klopp.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1953 on: April 9, 2019, 03:26:23 am »
I really do wonder what's happened between the lad and Klopp.

I mean, he's said no things and has made the bench when fit. So my sense is Klopp has not exiled him from the squad.

It's odd that he hasn't played though. I don't really understand it. We've been in multiple situations over the past few games where we've needed a goal and each time someone else has come on instead of him. In which case, what is he actually doing on the bench?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: April 9, 2019, 05:29:22 am »
I mean, he's said no things and has made the bench when fit. So my sense is Klopp has not exiled him from the squad.

It's odd that he hasn't played though. I don't really understand it. We've been in multiple situations over the past few games where we've needed a goal and each time someone else has come on instead of him. In which case, what is he actually doing on the bench?
My guess is he may still not be 100% from his injury but he still wants him as an option

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1955 on: April 9, 2019, 06:21:24 am »
It’s weird the press aren’t asking Klopp about him by now

It’s just plain weird. He was pushing for a starting place after United at home
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: April 9, 2019, 06:22:40 am »
My guess is he may still not be 100% from his injury but he still wants him as an option

He wasn't coming on before his injury either though.

He hadn't played for about 4 weeks before he was ruled out with the injury for Switzerland. It's a real mystery.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1957 on: April 9, 2019, 06:25:28 am »
I'd suggest he has an injury that lets you play but no where near 100%, like an abdominal tear or similar.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: April 9, 2019, 07:00:03 am »
Maybe. A bit like Hendo's injury a couple of years ago perhaps.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: April 9, 2019, 07:05:07 am »
It's weird if you want it to be weird.