Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779578 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #3760 on: August 5, 2020, 08:30:43 am »
Before and after numbers courtesy of LFCZA's account on twitter (another of the constant newsfeed accounts).

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #3761 on: August 5, 2020, 08:53:33 am »
Thanks for showing these figures Royhendo. They are amazing ... and demonstrate clearly just how much Robbo has improved of late. It's great that the stats confirm what we have all seen with our own eyes. And to think that you saw it first!  ;)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: August 5, 2020, 09:13:39 am »
Thanks for showing these figures Royhendo. They are amazing ... and demonstrate clearly just how much Robbo has improved of late. It's great that the stats confirm what we have all seen with our own eyes. And to think that you saw it first!  ;)

Maybe highlights that the possession aspect isn't the aspect that scales in a better side - the other aspects are maybe more system-inflated (or deflated).
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #3763 on: August 6, 2020, 12:23:58 am »
Fair comment ... the two contexts need to be taken into account when interpreting those data. Still, it does highlight that the recruiting team were able to identify a player who would be capable of fitting into the new system and improving so drastically. It is a credit to the player and to the club that both played their part in this process.

With any recruitment system, you also have to consider those players who fail to improve as expected. But in Robbo's case, I think we can claim it is a 'true positive' example.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3764 on: August 6, 2020, 04:38:06 am »
Before and after numbers courtesy of LFCZA's account on twitter (another of the constant newsfeed accounts).

Would be interested to see what the radar for Jamal Lewis looks like right now.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3765 on: August 6, 2020, 01:47:00 pm »
Would be interested to see what the radar for Jamal Lewis looks like right now.

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: August 6, 2020, 02:27:12 pm »

SIGN HIM NOW!!!

If you don't think Klopp and Co. can improve that, then you know nothing!! (Jon Snow)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: August 6, 2020, 03:00:09 pm »
Jamal's radars are in the Transfer thread on Gen Football and Sport folks :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: August 6, 2020, 03:34:11 pm »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3769 on: August 6, 2020, 05:40:39 pm »
Get yourself an ice bath hot tub Robbo! You’re getting a breather!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3770 on: August 15, 2020, 11:36:45 pm »
Just love Robbo

Him and Milner are gold  :lmao :lmao

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: August 16, 2020, 07:53:10 pm »
Just love Robbo

Him and Milner are gold  :lmao :lmao

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3772 on: August 21, 2020, 10:13:17 am »
Just seen this online ;D

MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: August 21, 2020, 10:27:41 am »
I think he is going to have his best season yet after all the Alphonso Davies 'best LB in the world' shouts

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: August 21, 2020, 02:56:49 pm »
Can he considered to be top three LB in the world right now? along with Alaba and Shaw.
Believer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: August 21, 2020, 03:02:06 pm »
Can he considered to be top three LB in the world right now? along with Alaba and Shaw.

Are you taking the piss?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: August 21, 2020, 03:20:01 pm »
Theree was a big argument on social media from these clowns called Filthy Fellas. One obnoxious internet influencer called Poet was arguing that Tierney was better than Robertson and it all kicked off

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: August 21, 2020, 03:23:22 pm »
Theree was a big argument on social media from these clowns called Filthy Fellas. One obnoxious internet influencer called Poet was arguing that Tierney was better than Robertson and it all kicked off

Poet is high on Arsenal's FA cup triumph.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: August 21, 2020, 03:30:55 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3779 on: August 21, 2020, 03:32:46 pm »

:lmao

As if you’ve put Shaw over Brandon Williams
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: August 21, 2020, 03:32:52 pm »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3781 on: August 21, 2020, 03:59:58 pm »
I think he is going to have his best season yet after all the Alphonso Davies 'best LB in the world' shouts
Not even a proper left back and he'll transition into a winger at some point. He's even more attacking than Trent and isn't a great defender by any stretch of the imagination. What he is is lightning fast so gets back with a lot of recoveries when Bayern's line has been broken.

When they give up the Coman experiment he'll be moved forward because he's an exceptional young talent, just not a full back in the normal sense. It's not an unusual thing now for teams to employ lopsided defences where a fullback is essentially a supplementary winger and the other three defenders form a central three. Mourinho's been trying it quite disastrously at Spurs.

Who's better than Robbo?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: August 21, 2020, 04:50:18 pm »
Davies is still a kid, he can improve his defending and play as a fullback for years to come. He isn't going to be playing as a winger anytime soon with Gnabry and Sane in the side.

Having said that, Robbo is the best LB currently. Alaba has played as CB all year long for the most part.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3783 on: August 22, 2020, 11:11:47 pm »
ESPN now saying Alphonso Davies is better  ::). Robbo proved himself over 2 seasons. Davies is a great player but there's a hint of 'flavour of the month' about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDh0DdpkwOI

Tempted to root for PSG to win this final now so Robbo can be restored with his Crown as Top Dog Best Muthaf'kin Leftback in the World.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: September 8, 2020, 10:31:23 am »

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: September 8, 2020, 10:35:55 am »
ESPN now saying Alphonso Davies is better  ::). Robbo proved himself over 2 seasons. Davies is a great player but there's a hint of 'flavour of the month'

Davies was flavour of the month because of his performance against Barca, and because he’s very marketable. He’s got a strong presence on Social Media (Instagram & that TikTok shite) and his girlfriend is also a female footballer - these days everything he does is getting lapped up by the clickbait sites. He’s just more “fashionable” than Robbo, but Robbo is the superior player.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3786 on: September 8, 2020, 11:29:25 am »
Davies was flavour of the month because of his performance against Barca, and because he’s very marketable. He’s got a strong presence on Social Media (Instagram & that TikTok shite) and his girlfriend is also a female footballer - these days everything he does is getting lapped up by the clickbait sites. He’s just more “fashionable” than Robbo, but Robbo is the superior player.

Robbo is exactly the type of down to earth player Liverpool have always needed.

Taking nothing away from Davies who does look a real talent, mind.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3787 on: September 8, 2020, 11:37:26 am »
Davies is ace, but he’s really not a left back. I know he plays there but he can’t defend for shit, he’s just a winger playing there and you can get away with that when you’re as dominant as Bayern.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3788 on: September 8, 2020, 01:39:36 pm »
I know he plays there but he can’t defend for shit....

???
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: September 8, 2020, 03:12:42 pm »
Davies is ace, but he’s really not a left back. I know he plays there but he can’t defend for shit, he’s just a winger playing there and you can get away with that when you’re as dominant as Bayern.

He's got plenty of time to improve that aspect.

Offline King Kennys Pumas

• Main Stander
« Reply #3790 on: September 8, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3791 on: September 8, 2020, 04:24:16 pm »
Just ordered. looking forward to it.
Me too, can't wait. Got the hardback but I think I might get the audiobook as well if Andy's the one reading it.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3792 on: September 8, 2020, 05:02:26 pm »
Did he play CM against the Czech?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3793 on: September 9, 2020, 05:24:07 am »
May break the habit of a lifetime and actually read a footballer's book, for once.

Possibly my favourite current LFC player - though there are a lot to choose from. I do love a cheap buy who was stacking shelves 12 months previously (or whatever) who then goes on to reveal a monster talent and redefine his positional role, while demonstrating a perfect affinity for the club and causing rival fans to dial past Fumecon One. All in a days work, lad.

Hope he sees his career out here
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3794 on: September 9, 2020, 06:51:53 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3795 on: September 9, 2020, 07:41:59 am »
Davies was of the month because of his performance against Barca, and because he’s very marketable. He’s got a strong presence on Social Media (Instagram & that TikTok shite) and his girlfriend is also a female footballer - these days everything he does is getting lapped up by the clickbait sites. He’s just more “fashionable” than Robbo, but Robbo is the superior player.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3796 on: September 9, 2020, 08:36:41 am »
That's a ridiculous thing to say.
Playing well against Barcelona on the European stage catapulted him into the limelight. Not to say he wasn’t already performing, but for many who don’t watch the Bundesliga that game was what brought him into view properly for many.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: September 12, 2020, 08:38:30 pm »
He’s got a book about the last year coming out on Sept 17th.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Robbo-Youre-Gonna-Believe-Story/dp/1911613804/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=robbo&qid=1599305543&sr=8-1

The most consistent performer in the team.

Fearless.

The future captain of LFC.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:40:32 pm by FLRed67 »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3798 on: September 12, 2020, 08:40:14 pm »
Robbo was infinitely better than Trent today - one assist versus none. Game on, Trent!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #3799 on: September 13, 2020, 10:03:08 am »
Thought Robbo was the second best Liverpool player On the pitch today. Never stopped running and created good opportunities and defended well.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10