Author Topic: LC: Norwich 0 v 3 Liverpool 4’ 79’ Minamino 50’ Origi  (Read 34674 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Norwich vs Liverpool, Tuesday September 21st, 7.45pm
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 09:27:09 pm »
There is no way any of our big hitters should even be at Norwich. We have plenty in reserve against a likely rotated Norwich side, they will get the job done. Some mad shouts for starting Trent or VVD.. give them all the rest they can get, we have plenty of games coming up and there is a sodding International break next month, the national team coaches won’t really do us many favours so it’s best we look after our lads the best we can, starting with this game. I would love for us to win this cup but in terms of priorities it’s rightly at the bottom.

I think as well we could really do without a two leg semi final in January against City or someone, missing all the African players (and Elliot already crocked).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 11:22:12 pm »
Team same as the original post plus a few youngsters on the bench plus a few old heads/game changers who are judged to need game time, to change the game or hold a lead and avoid penalties. It is a Tuesday evening to Saturday 5.30 break.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:24:34 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 11:40:50 pm »
We've already got a couple injuries and 6 out of the next 7 games are away.  Rest as many players as you can this game. 

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 12:20:22 am »
Play whoever who wouldn't start against Brentford.
Believer

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 12:45:40 am »
Kelleher, Trent, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Keita, Jones, Milner, Taki, Ox, Origi
Trent won't be anywhere near the league cup unless we get to the semis or the final. Is Neco Williams still at the football club? Rest of your picks look good though.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2021, 12:54:00 am »
Is this live on the telly?

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2021, 01:15:14 am »
Trent won't be anywhere near the league cup unless we get to the semis or the final. Is Neco Williams still at the football club? Rest of your picks look good though.

Neco is still injured, I think. Gordon might play up front with Ox not Milner in midfield from that selection above.

Morton and Corness on the bench? Maybe O’Rourke if available.

Conor Bradley likely to be RB on Tuesday.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2021, 01:30:53 am »
I don't recall us ever fielding a completely youth side in the cup, except for the Villa game the day before the CWC, but that was dictated by the situation. There will be a mixture of youth and experience no matter what. And we need to give several senior players game time.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2021, 01:53:04 am »
Is this live on the telly?
Yep - Sky Football channel
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:17 am »
Nice one Dougle, can't stop whistling Eddy Grant now  ;D
Good to know they''ll play a 2nd XI too.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2021, 04:55:26 am »
some lunatics in here with these selections.

Are they the same loons who criticised Jurgen for playing Jota against Midgetland and him then getting injured for months?

Kids and rezzies please. Don't give a toss about this. Bigger fish to fry.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2021, 05:30:57 am »
some lunatics in here with these selections.

Are they the same loons who criticised Jurgen for playing Jota against Midgetland and him then getting injured for months?

Kids and rezzies please. Don't give a toss about this. Bigger fish to fry.
And if that doesn't happen, would you rid us from posts like this?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2021, 05:55:18 am »
I think as well we could really do without a two leg semi final in January against City or someone, missing all the African players (and Elliot already crocked).

Why would you not want the chance of a final? Bizarre.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2021, 07:07:23 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great OP Dougie thanks. Think I was at Villa Park for the semi final, it was a serious competition those days!!
Hope Curtis is OK, he took a rake on his heel at the end of the Palace match.
Will, obviously, be a match up for the reserves. Phillips and Gomez is my shout for centre mid. Taki, Ox and Divock up front.
They often have some talent in their youth team so should be an interesting watch.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2021, 07:14:35 am »
Lots of changes in the team for me. 

Kelleher

Gomez    Phillips    Konate    Tsimikas

Ox    Milner   Jones

Taki    Firmino    Origi

Think that should be enough to beat Norwich who are dreadful.  Come on the redmen. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:58:11 am by kezzy »

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2021, 07:19:11 am »
Is Firmino back from injury?

Online Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2021, 07:42:22 am »
We'll see the young guns on the bench fo this, don't see any of them starting. We have lots of players needing minutes / regaining form -

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Keita AOC
Taki Origi Jota

The likes of Kaide and Conor will probably get minutes from the bench.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2021, 08:09:44 am »
Reserves and kids all the way please Jurgen. Mickey mouse competition
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2021, 08:39:43 am »
Least there is no extra time in this. Straight to pens if its a draw at the end of 90.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2021, 08:46:21 am »
We'll see the young guns on the bench fo this, don't see any of them starting. We have lots of players needing minutes / regaining form -

Kelleher
Gomez Konate Phillips Tsimikas
Jones Keita AOC
Taki Origi Jota

The likes of Kaide and Conor will probably get minutes from the bench.
I'd be very happy with that side!  I'd have liked Neco to get a game but it doesn't seem like he'll be fit so it will be interesting to see what Gomez can offer from an attacking perspective.

I think Taki will once again suffer from not playing with our regular players - players like the Brazilian (/Spanish) trio that can see his runs and pick them out - but he needs to show he can still offer something even when the game's not going his way.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mo start in place of Jota just because he seems like a player that can play every game and relishes doing so.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2021, 08:48:08 am »
I think Klopp will rotate very heavily. Bar 3-4 players I think he wont play anybody who is a possible starter in any of our games against Brentford, Porto or City. I dont think he'll play any of our first team midfielders: Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Ox and Jones. Losing one of them due to a stupid injury could mean we go into the next (3-game-)week with only 4 midfielders.

I'd be astonished if Ox and Jones didn't start tomorrow. Our squad players need gametime, and this is the perfect opportunity. The idea of 'resting' them for injury prevention reasons is a strange one for me. And you've forgotten Milner from the midfield roster, so we currently have six options which is perfectly healthy.

I think the Gomez / VVD axis will start, so will Robertson, which makes me think Trent will also play if he wasn’t sick, as I think he was slated to start the Palace game and get this one off. Jones and Keita will probably play in midfield, but expecting Jota to have a night off. So it’ll be Mane, Salah and Gordon I think.

The big question for me is Fabinho, he looks a bit leggy, and so does Henderson. Thiago is still unclear, perhaps Clarkson can have a go?

You think Gordon gets a start but Minamino and Origi don't? That would be really strange to me.

I mean, there's always a possibility that we go stronger than expected. A few of the first teamers may get a start, but I think it's far likelier we just rotate fully so the rest of our senior squad can get minutes in their legs. Kelleher, Gomez, Phillips, Konate, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Ox, Jones, Minamino, Origi (maybe Gordon for one of the midfielders, if one of them is needed for Brentford).

Is Firmino back from injury?

Klopp said he'll be back in training sometime this week, but no way he gets the Norwich game IMO. Bench for Brentford then start at Porto, IMO.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2021, 08:54:28 am »
Why would Jota play? He has played alot & needs a rest.

I dont think Milner can play either too risky considering the amount he ran saturday

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2021, 09:11:25 am »
The likes of Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Henderson, Jota, Salah and Mane should be nowhere near this one. I would add Trent, Robertson and Matip to that list as well normally but we would want to keep their fitness ticking over so maybe they get some minutes off the bench.

There are plenty of players who could do with the minutes such as Origi, Gordon, Minamino, Phillips, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Konate, Gomez etc.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2021, 09:26:07 am »
Pep doing the presser at 12. Does feel like a little bit of succession planning is going on in the Manager's position as well - which is a really good idea in my mind. Not saying that it's a definite thing, but if Pep were to take the top job when Klopp left he'd at the very least be familiar and have built relationships with the journalists who cover Liverpool.

I'm completely in the rest everyone boat. Going out of this competition would, almost indisputably, be beneficial for our PL/CL ambitions. I guess the only real argument for it is that the fringe/squad players do get minutes and a chance to work on form/match sharpness. I just don't really want to see anyone who's a core/crucial first-teamer ever play in this competition before the final.

Kelleher
Williams (if fit)
Gomez (Nat if Gomez has to take Williams' spot)
Konate
Tsmikas
Ox
Jones
Milner I guess
Gordon (bobby if fit)
Minamino
Origi.

I wouldn't have any of the following in the matchday squad, literally fill it with ressies/u18s and Bobby if he's available for minutes but not a start - Alisson, Trent, Virgil, Matip, Robbo, Fab, Hendo, Mane, Salah.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:23 am »
Norwich fans seem to be expecting a fairly strong team, Farke pretty much said some changes will be made though.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:28 am »
I'd been hoping for years we'd put out half decent teams in this and give it a go and been relatively disappointed but after last years injury crisis I've come around to the idea of just play the kids and the fringe players and if we go out then so be it.

Kelleher in goal of course.

Maybe Trent comes in since he missed Saturday but since Bradley was pulled out of the under 23's squad that might suggest he starts.

This could genuinely be Phillips only chance of a game this season so he's in alongside either Konate or Gomez. Tsimikas continues at LB.

Midfield is a tough one. I expect maybe Jones and Ox to start for sure. Milner did a lot of running on Saturday so I think he's asking for an injury if he starts here. I'm leaning towards Keita starting for that reason.

Then we're probably looking at Origi, Minamino and Kaide Gordan up top.

Kelleher
Bradley - Phillips - Gomez - Tsimikas
             Jones - Ox - Keita
         Gordan - Origi - Minamino

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2021, 09:32:42 am »
Really nice opening post Dougie.

Will be interesting to see the starting squad.
I wonder if Adrian gets a shout in goal.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2021, 09:46:50 am »
Take out the 11 that will start against Brentford and play the strongest possible 11 from those remaining.
Agreed. That would still be a very strong side as I'd expect Konate, Gomez and Tsimikas at the back. RB is a problem with Neco out but could be a chance for Bradley to come in and Milly to play in midfield.

Naby should also start.
Up front is also an issue with Bobby out so Ox and/or Jones will play in that front 3 along with Origi. I do think we will keep at least one of Mane, Salah or Jota on the bench, esp in the knowledge there's no ET.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:23 am »
The likes of Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Henderson, Jota, Salah and Mane should be nowhere near this one. I would add Trent, Robertson and Matip to that list as well normally but we would want to keep their fitness ticking over so maybe they get some minutes off the bench.

There are plenty of players who could do with the minutes such as Origi, Gordon, Minamino, Phillips, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Konate, Gomez etc.
I Do think it is very possible one or 2 of Jota, Salah, or Mane will travel to be part of it. I remember Salah coming off the bench to win a league cup game a couple of years ago. It wont shock me if they travel and are on the bench. Hopefully they not needed but wont be surprsing for the forwards to travel.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2021, 10:01:08 am »

Kelleher
Bradley - Phillips - Gomez - Tsimikas
             Jones - Ox - Keita
         Gordan - Origi - Minamino

That is the side I figured on too, though maybe Minamino in midfield and Ox in the front three.

Online Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2021, 10:10:32 am »
Why would Jota play? He has played alot & needs a rest.

I dont think Milner can play either too risky considering the amount he ran saturday

I think one of Mane / Jota will start. Jota has was subbed against Palace and Mane didn't start Milan last week.

You're right about Milly.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2021, 10:27:15 am »
That is the side I figured on too, though maybe Minamino in midfield and Ox in the front three.

Whilst I don't doubt that may happen, the Ox on the wing has never looked convincing to me. There was talk of him moving into a false 9 role during pre season so maybe we see him there with Minamino in midfield and Origi on the wing.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2021, 10:48:40 am »
I wonder if Adrian gets a shout in goal.

Play our third choice to give our second choice a rest even though he hasn't played a minute. Nah.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2021, 10:56:38 am »
Whilst I don't doubt that may happen, the Ox on the wing has never looked convincing to me. There was talk of him moving into a false 9 role during pre season so maybe we see him there with Minamino in midfield and Origi on the wing.

Considering its not a competition we're THAT bothered with, I'd guess we'll use players in positions we think we might need them in later in the season. So Ox on the wing, Minamino up top, maybe Gomez at RB all make sense to me.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2021, 11:10:31 am »
Considering its not a competition we're THAT bothered with, I'd guess we'll use players in positions we think we might need them in later in the season. So Ox on the wing, Minamino up top, maybe Gomez at RB all make sense to me.

That's not a bad shout to be fair. Don't think Gomez has played right back since Barca away (probably has but that's the last I remember) so good opportunity for a refresher in that position before we potentially need to use him there in an important game.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2021, 11:46:33 am »
Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, AOC, Jones, Minamino, Origi should all probably start.

Think the Q is who the other 3 players are. Will it be 3 from the likes of Phillips, Milner, Keita or will it be 3 from the under 23s?

I suspect a bit of a mix and match. Arguably Phillips & Milner plus 1 from the under 23s. Probably depends on which U23s  are selected. Could be that we might just promote the 2 most advanced u23 players and fit senior players around them. However, like of Williams, Cain, Glatzel out on loan. I think Gordon will start (didn’t play for U23s yesterday) and we’ll see a few young lads on the bench.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2021, 11:58:10 am »
I really hope Minamino plays! I think he will surprise a few this season.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2021, 12:04:11 pm »
Our match vs Osasuna was basically a second string XI

Kelleher
Williams
Konate
Gomez
Tsimikas
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Fabinho
Jones
Gordon
Minamino
Firmino

From that I'd go:
Williams out and Phillips in (Gomez or a young player instead of Phillips at RB)
Fabinho out Henderson in (Needs some game time now I think)
Firmino out Origi in

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2021, 12:07:09 pm »
Hopefully Naby stays home, pretty much in the can't risk him stage now with Thiago and Harvey out.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »
Lijnders confirmed Trent, Thiago and Bobby won't be in the squad tomorrow. Thiago also out of Brentford, so think we'll see one of the 'rotation' midfielders rested tomorrow so they can start the weekend (Keita/Ox/Jones/Milner).