Betty Blue
10 (13.9%)
PoetryInMotion VS
9 (12.5%)
Samie
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: September 1, 2021, 01:24:13 pm

Author Topic: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (2)  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Legendary Manager Draft Round of 16 (2)
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2021, 11:52:18 pm »
If you are reading this, you are my favourite poster. That post you made last week really made me LOL. I voted for your team and hope you do the same.  :-*

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #41 on: September 1, 2021, 11:01:57 am »
A few close games. Anyone not voted?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #42 on: September 1, 2021, 12:02:59 pm »
So how do we settle this? Penalties or a quick revote?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43 on: September 1, 2021, 12:08:03 pm »
Pens
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: September 1, 2021, 01:18:34 pm »
So how do we settle this? Penalties or a quick revote?

An alternate option is to do a Penalty shoot-out vote. So each drafter picks 5 kick takers (+ whoever their goalie is) and we vote on who would win the shoot-out. You can also then close the poll after a set number of votes, so it doesn't take 24 hours to decide.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 1, 2021, 01:36:42 pm »
An alternate option is to do a Penalty shoot-out vote. So each drafter picks 5 kick takers (+ whoever their goalie is) and we vote on who would win the shoot-out. You can also then close the poll after a set number of votes, so it doesn't take 24 hours to decide.

Yup best way

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2021, 01:39:03 pm »

Isn't that basically voting for the team with the best 5 attacking players?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2021, 01:39:55 pm »
Isn't that basically voting for the team with the best 5 attacking players?

I mean you don't have to select 5 attacking players though, one of the best penalty takers could be a defender or midfielder.

But its better than ''dive left, dive right'' which is crap anyway.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2021, 03:19:19 pm »
Let them fight on jelly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2021, 05:28:14 pm »
Will just do the pens as directions - Won't be able to get one players pen takers until later and want to get the next round up so we can finish by the weekend.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2021, 05:37:37 pm »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2021, 11:20:24 pm »
No but could play across the midfield and he played there on occasions for Milan.

I'm doing what Sacchi did mate.  I'm not going and doing a "Samie" here.

When, like in a friendly against Glentoran, pre season?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2021, 11:26:08 pm »
Thought i done well getting Essien and Verratti toward the death given Hazell snatched all the decent midfielders available to me. Think it's a nice dynamic partnership in there

I know what you're saying, mate but Hoddle, Gazza and Robson is the best midfield in the draft
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #53 on: September 2, 2021, 12:51:07 am »
Hazell vs Max

Zidane Steps up, rolls it down the centre of the goal with the arrogance of balding 20 year old and into the goal. Crespo looks to reply and goes exactly the same! A full head of hair to make the frenchman jealous.  1-1

Zambrotta comes to the spot next. Smashes it as hard as he can to the left of the goal and the keepers gone the wrong way! Mihajlovic looks to respond and once again slides the ball into the middle of the goal. Is Peruzzi moving too early here?! 2-2

Pirlo knows he will be expected to score, and he dinks the ball to the right.... but his confidence doesn't pay off as Toldo leaps onto the ball!!! Figo now has a chance to put his team ahead and does it with ease as once again the goalie moves too early and he passes it into the centre of the goal. 2-3 Max leads

Vieri now starting to feel the pressure, knowing his goalkeeper is dodgy with these pens. It's no problem for him though as he blasts it into the centre of the goal past the diving keeper who sticks out a foot to no avail. Litmanen can keep the pressure on though, he takes one step and puts the ball high into the centre of the goal, and once again the goalie has moved too early and made it easy for the taker. 4-3

It comes down to the final penalty.... Trezeguet has to score to keep them in it here. He takes a big breath and a long run up places it to the right of the goal and once again Toldo gets his large frame across the goal and gets his hand on the ball. Brilliant save and Max has won it!

PIM vs Samie

Baggio is first up, the manager must be feeling he could have done more with his team but it's too late now as the first pen is lined up. He strikes the ball to the right of the goal and Schumacher saves! What a start! Can Cruyff make the most of it? Of course he can, he runs up to the ball and toe pokes it down the middle past Pagliuca. 0-1

Weah now steps up, after taking time out of presidential office. He takes a couple steps and Schumacher remains unmoved... Weah panics and it goes straight into the hands of the goalie. The big German looks unbeatable. Neeskens now looks to really gain an advantage. He strolls up to the ball and places it past the goalkeeper who dives the opposite way. Fantastic penalty. 0-2

Boban has a huge spot kick now. He runs upto the ball and strikes it low to the left of the goal. This time Schumacher guesses wrong and they finally score! Schuster needs to keep the pressure on... and does with ease as he knocks the ball into the centre of the goal with Pagliuca diving to his left. 1-3

Now it's all or nothing for Samies men. Donadoni steps up knowing a miss will eliminate them. He dinks it to the left.... and Schumacher gets a glove on it and pushes it round the post!!!! PiM has won it!

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #54 on: September 2, 2021, 12:51:57 am »
Apologies gents, I have no work tomorrow and got carried away trying out my new whiskies.  :hally

Next round coming soon... congrats to all who made it through

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #55 on: September 2, 2021, 09:09:32 am »
You just feel if Donadoni hadn't spent 120 minutes playing out of position he might have had the confidence to score that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: September 2, 2021, 09:16:54 am »
And Baggio misses a pen again. Feel sorry for him.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #57 on: September 2, 2021, 11:52:06 am »
Gerry was a week away from having Van Dijk in his lineup!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 2, 2021, 12:38:51 pm »
Bugger, and we practiced penalties as well.

Well done Max.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: September 2, 2021, 08:50:25 pm »
Congrats Sarge