Author Topic: 1st-Time Guillotine Draft Thread - NFL Hunger Games  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
1st-Time Guillotine Draft Thread - NFL Hunger Games
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »
New NFL Fantasy Football League - Guillotine Style - 1st Annual American Football Hunger Games

Rules & Structure (important to Read)

Here’s How a Guillotine League Works

At the end of each week of the NFL season, two things happen:

-    The bottom scoring team from that week gets eliminated from the league
-    That team’s roster is dropped into the free agent pool.

At the end of the season, the last team standing wins.

The incredibly compelling part of a Guillotine League is the weekly waiver wire.

Every week, fantastic players will end up hitting free agency. What will be your strategy when an elite player hits free agency?
Do you hold back money, knowing that each week, increasingly good rosters are going to get eliminated? Will you bid wildly in your difficult bye weeks?

Guillotine effect: At the end of each week, the bottom scoring team is eliminated, and his/her roster is exposed to free agency.

League size: 17 teams, maximum.  You can play with less, with a shorter season.

Scoring system:  PPR

Roster size: Avoid the temptation to allow large rosters—much of the strategy comes into figuring out who to drop.   1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX WR/RB, 1 DEF,  (3 - Bench and 1 IR)  = 11 Roster Spots

Schedule: There is no schedule, and nobody plays head to head.

Draft Day: Tentatively scheduled for Sunday August 30 at 2:00pm --- each pick is 45 seconds, if you don't know by then, you don't know :)   - subject to change/can also autopick

Waiver Wire: Although technically you could play it with any waiver wire format, you really want to use free agent blind bidding so everyone is bidding on all of the dropped superstars.

*****  FAAB bidding provides you with a budget during the season for free agents and uses a blind bidding process to select people off free agency each week. The highest bidder for each player wins the claim!
                  Each team is allotted $1700 for the entire season to use for FAAB, a budget of $100 per week or divvy it up anyway you'd like.

Starting lineup: Use whatever you’d like, Yahoo leagues allow you to change lineups up until right before kickoff

Commissioner:  Trend

Prizing[/b]: Winner Take All Trophy - Winner Gets to Name It and Take it Home for a Year - Trend will front the cost of this trophy and decide upon a small monetary prize

https://www.fanball.com/news/introducing-guillotine-leagues/
https://thatonesportsshow.com/create-a-guillotine-league-with-yahoo-fantasy-football/

If you are interested in playing, post here and get your slot.  If you cannot make the draft, we can discuss other options or go to auto-pick.
We will be using Yahoo Sports Fantasy League Setup for this one - mainly because it allows me to manually go in and delete teams that lose :)

Once we have filled the league, I will send out an official link.  This will be a very time intensive project for the commissioner with very little work needed to be completed by players, so make sure you are up for it!

First come, first serve. ----

17 Teams in Weekly Competitions for 17 Weeks (Last Week of the Season is Pure Gloating for the Winner)

1. Buck Pete
2. Carl - Red Viper
3. Classycara
4. Trend
5. Baxter - Mr F
6. Claus
7. Gods Left Boot
8. Gerry Attrick
9. Stoa
10. Scottishkopite
11. Statto Red

« Last Edit: October 8, 2020, 12:48:01 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looks good fun Trend.  Count me in. :)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Trend

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
Yup
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
I'm in!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Nice one Trend, in as well.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Half way home
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
Am up for this also  :wave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Description of Guillotine Leagues
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_XEy0NYmY_s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_XEy0NYmY_s</a>
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
I'm out Trend, unfortunately just don't have the time to commit to something like this.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
I'll give it a go.
#Sausages

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
I'm out Trend, unfortunately just don't have the time to commit to something like this.
Yeah as interesting as it appears just too much with other leagues going on, thanks for the invite though.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Sorry, i won`t be around enough to take part.

Have fun though!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I don't any other players in the NFL other than a few panthers and QB's so gonna skip this one ty.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads... still looking for a few more spots. 

Statto
Stoa
ScottishK
Claus
GLB

let me know if you need me to resend the link to league... time to register soon and explain how this is going to work
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 10:59:51 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Fuck it. I'm in. Could I have the linky? ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads,

At last count, it looks like we'll have around 11 or 12 players for the 1st inaugural Guillotine Draft.   

I wanted to address a few issues so that we are clear.  This is more of a take the piss kind of format --- as everyone's team dies except one in this kind of game.

And so, we should take in account the entertainment factor as well.  What does this mean, exactly?

Well, I am open to feedback for the next week or so, where as once the season starts, I will be reluctant to make any sweeping changes that are outside of the rules we agree upon.

So to keep you updated, here are the current rules.

- you know the basics, right?  Do not finish last in any game week.   And you stay alive.

- We have 17 weeks to fill with currently 11 teams - I have a few ideas about how to handle this.

- each team will be given $1700 to use over the course of the season when bidding for waiver wire players - there are no maximums in any week, except the amount in your account.  I will be publishing all bid requests, and budget amounts for each team (total transparency).

- since games and fantasy point totals are often decided late into early morning of Tuesday (after MNF games), all player waiver wire bid submissions must be submitted to my RAWK mail by 7pm Tuesday evenings.   
         **** For example, if a team who has Pat Mahomes gets the guillotine, YOU must submit a bid in whole dollar amounts to acquire him.  Once all of the bids are in for all players, I will make a players list for all players receiving bids and award the player to the teams manually.
                On Wednesday, all of the players become available and hit the waiver wire.  Team managers CANNOT go in and select players until they have been awarded.  This would cause chaos and would circumvent the entire process --- probably as a joke.  DON'T DO IT.
                Once awarded a player from waivers, the manager can then go in and select available player and add him to roster, and must drop someone else.   I will adjust the budget and send out a waiver wire WEEKLY REPORT that has bid information and budget information.
                You will use Yahoo to gauge the standings and player performances yourselves.  I might do a write up on a weekly basis, but I'll not commit to it until I know things are sound.

-  If there are any errors, games/standings/player waiver wire accidents --- the commissioner reserves the right to make the things correct again.  This may involve forcing a trade between where a waiver wire error has occurred or delaying the bidding process because of an error in Yahoo PPR scoring in this outlandish potentiality.   FYI, my goal is to right by all parties involved.   I could care less if I get guillotined, my goal is for this to be a fun exercise once we begin.

A Few Ideas (Soliciting the Group)

This is a pretty straightforward league to be fair.  The one question I am trying to solve is how do we want to proceed with our numbers of 11 or 12 in 17 weeks.    Here are a few possibilities to consider:

1.  Carl's idea --- just play 11 weeks and be done with it.  I presume he means the 1st eleven weeks and not ones starting in week 3 and going to week 14 :)    This works, but the random matchups and thought of next 5 weeks being barren is something to consider
2.  Trend's idea ---  new within Guillotine leagues - called The Resurrection Stone Week- 2 teams once Guillotined previously get back into the fray, get to rebuild their teams from the bottom half of standings (1 player/team) plus they get to share that weeks waiver selections.
            A.  This could add more espionage, strategy in the middle of the game, and unexpected turns.  Plus it means we get two more weeks out of it or more depending upon how many weeks or teams we decided to include.

3.  Your idea ---  what is your idea on how we should handle 11 known teams for 17 weeks.  All creative idea should be explored. 

Okay, that's it for now.  Let's make some honey!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One more question lads.

Do we want to customize the draft order --- ahead of time so everyone knows their draft position?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend. Cheers for the DM of plans.

Regarding our 11 players for 17 weeks suggestion. Can you elaborate please.

2.  Trend's idea ---  new within Guillotine leagues - called The Resurrection Stone Week- 2 teams once Guillotined previously get back into the fray, get to rebuild their teams from the bottom half of standings (1 player/team) plus they get to share that weeks waiver selections.

The players who were previously guillotined would have likely lost all their Best players to other teams.

How does a previously booted team pick 8 new players? Will Yahoo let you permit teams to rejoin the league?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend. Cheers for the DM of plans.

Regarding our 11 players for 17 weeks suggestion. Can you elaborate please.

The players who were previously guillotined would have likely lost all their Best players to other teams.

How does a previously booted team pick 8 new players? Will Yahoo let you permit teams to rejoin the league?

Resurrection Stone Idea in More Depth....

2 Teams that have lost their heads, find new life.  And right in the middle of the season, as teams are posturing for the playoffs or deciding to start their rookie QB's... A lot can change week to week with injuries, and coaches getting fired.

So, the idea is that we find a way to recycle two managers who have been guillotined (highest total point guillotine is one option, another is random selection of chopped managers, or we introduce a nemesis pick --- someone who will shatter the current dynamic).

Once we decide on the selected, they will get to choose 1 player from each of the remaining teams in rank order up to 4 players - starting with the bottom half teams. 
All managers can protect 2 players on their roster all season.  This way the formerly guillotined does not get to waltz in and snag CMC.
Anyhow, each "resurrected team will get 4 to 5 players maximum (depending upon which week we introduce it) from the existing league, and will get their first bids for the waiver wire that week filled first.   However, guillotined teams budgets remain the same as before they were chopped.
This does not change.

So what does this look like?

Team Trend chopped week 1 (too many trades).
Team Champ chopped week 4 (Kittle in the red zone underperformed)

WEEK 5  - Resurrection Stone Week

League Standings Week 5

1. Scottish Kopite
2. Stoa
==============> Resurrection Zone Line
3. Claus
4. B Pete
5. GLB
6. Gerry Attrick
------------------> Guillotine Line
Trend
Carl
Bax
Classy
Statto

Trend & Carl get to select one player from each of the bottom 4 existing in the resurrection zone teams in terms of total points (if existing teams play this smart, they'll have a plan for the waiver wire before and after this week).
In this example Stoa and Scottish will have zero players taken by Trend or Carl.

Let's say Trend takes 1 RB, 1 WR 1 QB 1 TE from the bottom four teams --- and then goes to the waiver wire and puts in a bid for the last chopped team and he gets it (RB2).  --- the rest of Trend's team will be streamed after the waiver wire bidding process on Thursday
Let's say Carl goes in another direction  3RB's & 1 WR from the four bottom teams ----- and then fills his roster from the bidding waiver wire process (say QB1) and then fills the rest of his roster from untaken players on the wire - Thursday.

The rebalancing of the bottom six (2 newly resurrected and 4 existing teams) will likely lead to trades, bidding wars and craziness :)

In this scenario, Trend and Carl could take back a player stolen from them via guillotine or they could become devious, slowly building a silent juggernaut --- on the way to an epic comeback not seen around these parts in ages :)

So, the first 4 players on Trend and Carl's teams are re-taken from existing teams, and the rest are added through waivers (1 of which becomes the highest priority in the resurrection week). Streaming kickers/defenses is already a thing --- so only a few spots to add.

The question really is, can a manager come back into the game with new players, new information, and take over or stay in the game after getting guillotined?  Its an age old question, luck or talent or both?

And in terms of Yahoo, I'll find a way to manually add and cut players while keeping the teams in tact for our purposes -- its like a shell company --- we can stash nothing in them or something and rebrand.    :)
This would be my role :)

This is how I envision it working.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 02:19:49 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend. Can i suggest that when a player is resurrected and is ready to nab his 4 players from the the teams currently sat in the resurrection zone, it is then that the remaining teams state which 2 players are out of bounds to be pinched.

For instance, I could state my RB1 and WR1 were my protected players at the very start of the season, but this may change over a few games and my RB2 and QB may become my most prize possessions come resurrection time.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend. Can i suggest that when a player is resurrected and is ready to nab his 4 players from the the teams currently sat in the resurrection zone, it is then that the remaining teams state which 2 players are out of bounds to be pinched.

For instance, I could state my RB1 and WR1 were my protected players at the very start of the season, but this may change over a few games and my RB2 and QB may become my most prize possessions come resurrection time.

Perfect idea...

In fact, I was thinking teams do not have to declare their protected players until the week of, in other words, that the managers could wait and decide whom to protect all the way until the day of resurrection?

Btw, who is Castor Troy's Team - Nicholas Cage Wanna Bees?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:21:23 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Perfect idea...

In fact, I was thinking teams do not have to declare their protected players until the week of, in other words, that the managers could wait and decide whom to protect all the way until the day of resurrection?

Btw, who is Castor Troy's Team - Nicholas Cage Wanna Bees?

Ahoy
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ahoy

Just need Scottish Kopite and GLB to sign up and we're set.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Make sure to cast a vote

11 Week Season               OR                        Resurrection Zone Format

Stoa                                                               Buck Pete                                   
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:15:50 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Trend is willing to mange the resurrection stone transactions and fair play (as I'm sure he is happy to) it will be good fun. :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hey lads,

We need Scottish Kopite to register

Plus we need (not including Stoa or B Pete) to share which form of the Guillotine we like

11 week or Resurrection Zone - please indicate which you’d like

Lastly, I’ve had a request to change the draft time next Sunday from 7pm BST to 2:30pm BST - I’m willing to do this but want to make sure we are all on board
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
Wait what? I haven't stated my preference yet. But I don't even want to know with whom you've gotten me mixed up... ;)
That said, I'm for the 11 week format. As for draft time. I'm fine with 2.30pm...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SPECIAL 1st-Time Guillotine Draft Sign-Up Thread - NFL Fantasy Hunger Games
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2020, 05:53:42 am »
Wait what? I haven't stated my preference yet. But I don't even want to know with whom you've gotten me mixed up... ;)
That said, I'm for the 11 week format. As for draft time. I'm fine with 2.30pm...

Probably got Statto and Stoa mixed up mate :)

Anyhow, we have 10 teams, possibly 11 if ScottishKopite shows...  and the draft has been moved to 2:30 BST on this Sunday...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we are voting it’s resurrection stone for me :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tomorrow 2:30pm BST - Guillotine Draft Reminder - Draft order sorted 30 minutes before....  Yahoo Fantasy Football League ------> https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/882239

Happy to have any newcomers!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Teams                    Owner               QB             RB1            RB2          WR1          WR2        TE1        RB/WR/TE              Bench                      Defense          Head Rolling Index        

Ball Fondlers            Carl               Murray        Barkley      Ingram        Evans       AJ Brown      Kittle         Kelce                 Rojo/Brees/Moss            Chicago            Week 5 or Later

Gerry Attricks          Liam              Wilson         Mixon       Gordon       Adams      DJ Moore        ?             Fuller                 Gibson/M Brown/Hunt    Green Bay         Depends on TE :)

Castor Troy             Claus             Ryan            Elliott        Conner        Hill           McLaurin      Ertz          Carson               Howard/Wentz/Henry     Baltimore         Predicted Champ

Greggs Team           Bax               Stafford        Henry       Chubb       Golladay       Allen        Andrews     D Johnson          Green/Sutton/Dobbins    Minnesota        Bastille Bax or Battle Axe

Buck Pete                Peter              Burrow         CEH          J Taylor     Hopkins       Julio J          Cook        Lev Bell              Swift/Hilton/Edelman      New England     Chopped Salad

Classy                     Carra             Allen            Cook        Drake        Beckham      JuJu Shu      Waller       Woods               Fournette/Hurst/Shepard    LAC               Blade Runner

Statto                        S                 Mahomes     Ekeler        Akers        Godwin        Diggs          Fant         Landry               Metcalf/Goff/NO Saints       49ers            Cheddar served Sharp

Stoa                        Mike              Watson        McCaffrey   Jones        Thielen        Kupp           Higbee     Gallup               Mostert/Breida/Sanders      Buffalo          Killin' Time

GLB                        Andrea           Jackson       Kamara      Gurley       Robinson     Lockett        Engram     Parker            Singletary/Hocken/Newton      KC              7-time Executioner

Trend                     John              Prescott       Sanders      Jacobs      Thomas        Ridley          Jarwin       Cooper              Chark/Boyd/pending        Pittsburgh      Pulling all the Strings

***  who are we rooting for to lose?  Some teams have some wealth from which to pillage.   If Claus and Classy decide they want a resurrection league, then we'll go forward lads, but right now it looks like a 10 weeker.

GUILLOTINE WAIVER WIRE PROCESS

Manic Monday ----------------->   Chide, follow, cajole, and literally talk shite until we have a losing team (if it is unclear after Sunday night).

Terrible Tuesday  --------------->  Numbers are confirmed, losing team is stripped out of their players by the league commissioner and the remaining teams prepare to submit their bids for losing teams' players.
                                                            Commissioner will submit a list Tuesday evening (9pm BST time) of all the players up for bid, including those not lost just by failed team but for the entire waiver wire as well as an owner budget list for each team (how much they can spend).

Wonderful Wednesday ----------->   Managers submit $ bid to the commissioner via (RAWK, Yahoo email or via Sleeper personal text only) by (2pm BST time).  All waivers are sorted through this process, no exceptions.
                                                            The commissioner requests one owner to volunteer to receive a copy of Trend's waiver wire submission each week.   
                                                            Once all bids have been submitted or the 2pm BST time has elapsed, the commissioner will send out the match list for waiver wire acquisitions.  Then, and only then may managers go into their team and add players. 
                                                            The commissioner will be unfreezing players in bulk for addition to teams, any mistakes in this transfer process means the Commissioner will have authority to:

1.  Stop or change a transaction made in error
                                                               2.  Prevent an illegal pick up (not likely but possible)
                                                               3.  Move for the league to start the waiver wire week process over because of a glitch with Yahoo

Thursday ---------------------->    Add players first thing.   Any player secured through the waiver wire process not picked up officially by the team that wins the bid will forfeit the the money and the pick until the following waiver wire week. 
                                                              There are no... I forgot with this process. 

Hope this helps:

Summary - Waiver Wire
    1.  Ridicule and watch for teams to lose on Sunday/Monday
    2.  Be thinking about whom you might go for if you make it to the next week (Commish List by 9PM BST each Tuesday)
    3.  Prepare a bid (using your budget of $1000) by the deadline on Wednesday (2pm BST Bid Submission)
    4.  Wait for commish to assign players and provide a list of who got who (and make sure Commish has a bid confirmation person each week)
    5.  Unfrozen players become available on Thursday AM --- pick them up or lose them and your money until the next week.

Questions??????

« Last Edit: September 8, 2020, 07:26:29 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
Just one question from me. Can I have the 1000 bucks to spend them on alcohol? ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just one question from me. Can I have the 1000 bucks to spend them on alcohol? ;D

Will be singing this to the rafters when your unicorn loses its horn :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Teams                    Owner               QB             RB1            RB2          WR1          WR2        TE1        RB/WR/TE              Bench                      Defense          Head Rolling Index        

Ball Fondlers            Carl               Murray        Barkley      Ingram        Evans       AJ Brown      Kittle         Kelce                 Rojo/Brees/Moss            Chicago            Week 5 or Later

Gerry Attricks          Liam              Wilson         Mixon       Gordon       Adams      DJ Moore        ?             Fuller                 Gibson/M Brown/Hunt    Green Bay         Depends on TE :)

Castor Troy             Claus             Ryan            Elliott        Conner        Hill           McLaurin      Ertz          Carson               Howard/Wentz/Henry     Baltimore         Predicted Champ

Greggs Team           Bax               Stafford        Henry       Chubb       Golladay       Allen        Andrews     D Johnson          Green/Sutton/Dobbins    Minnesota        Bastille Bax or Battle Axe

Buck Pete                Peter              Burrow         CEH          J Taylor     Hopkins       Julio J          Cook        Lev Bell              Swift/Hilton/Edelman      New England     Chopped Salad

Classy                     Carra             Allen            Cook        Drake        Beckham      JuJu Shu      Waller       Woods               Fournette/Hurst/Shepard    LAC               Blade Runner

Statto                        S                 Mahomes     Ekeler        Akers        Godwin        Diggs          Fant         Landry               Metcalf/Goff/NO Saints       49ers            Cheddar served Sharp

Stoa                        Mike              Watson        McCaffrey   Jones        Thielen        Kupp           Higbee     Gallup               Mostert/Breida/Sanders      Buffalo          Killin' Time

GLB                        Andrea           Jackson       Kamara      Gurley       Robinson     Lockett        Engram     Parker            Singletary/Hocken/Newton      KC              7-time Executioner

Trend                     John              Prescott       Sanders      Jacobs      Thomas        Ridley          Jarwin       Cooper              Chark/Boyd/pending        Pittsburgh      Pulling all the Strings

***  who are we rooting for to lose?  Some teams have some wealth from which to pillage.   If Claus and Classy decide they want a resurrection league, then we'll go forward lads, but right now it looks like a 10 weeker.

GUILLOTINE WAIVER WIRE PROCESS

Manic Monday ----------------->   Chide, follow, cajole, and literally talk shite until we have a losing team (if it is unclear after Sunday night).

Terrible Tuesday  --------------->  Numbers are confirmed, losing team is stripped out of their players by the league commissioner and the remaining teams prepare to submit their bids for losing teams' players.
                                                            Commissioner will submit a list Tuesday evening (9pm BST time) of all the players up for bid, including those not lost just by failed team but for the entire waiver wire as well as an owner budget list for each team (how much they can spend).

Wonderful Wednesday ----------->   Managers submit $ bid to the commissioner via (RAWK, Yahoo email or via Sleeper personal text only) by (2pm BST time).  All waivers are sorted through this process, no exceptions.
                                                            The commissioner requests one owner to volunteer to receive a copy of Trend's waiver wire submission each week.   
                                                            Once all bids have been submitted or the 2pm BST time has elapsed, the commissioner will send out the match list for waiver wire acquisitions.  Then, and only then may managers go into their team and add players. 
                                                            The commissioner will be unfreezing players in bulk for addition to teams, any mistakes in this transfer process means the Commissioner will have authority to:

1.  Stop or change a transaction made in error
                                                               2.  Prevent an illegal pick up (not likely but possible)
                                                               3.  Move for the league to start the waiver wire week process over because of a glitch with Yahoo

Thursday ---------------------->    Add players first thing.   Any player secured through the waiver wire process not picked up officially by the team that wins the bid will forfeit the the money and the pick until the following waiver wire week. 
                                                              There are no... I forgot with this process. 

Hope this helps:

Summary - Waiver Wire
    1.  Ridicule and watch for teams to lose on Sunday/Monday
    2.  Be thinking about whom you might go for if you make it to the next week (Commish List by 9PM BST each Tuesday)
    3.  Prepare a bid (using your budget of $1000) by the deadline on Wednesday (2pm BST Bid Submission)
    4.  Wait for commish to assign players and provide a list of who got who (and make sure Commish has a bid confirmation person each week)
    5.  Unfrozen players become available on Thursday AM --- pick them up or lose them and your money until the next week.

Questions??????

2 More things!!!!

1.  After games start week 1 -  NO MORE WAIVER WIRE MOVES ALLOWED WITHOUT A BID ----- please confirm you understand this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.  If managers submit an equivalent bid for a player on the wire of waivers ---- the team with the worst record will have priority in the event of a dollar for dollar tie.... You could get around this by using fractional bids (i.e. $20.50) etc...

Please confirm you understand the rules....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Be sure to read this lads
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great stuff, cheers Trend!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Nice one, cheers Trend!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Week 1 - Guillotine Obituary & WEEK 1 Commissioner's Waiver Wire LIst

Ball Fondler & Self Proclaimed King

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JbhyKk6GYxw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JbhyKk6GYxw</a>

King Louis XVI                        El Fondlers De Balls
Jan. 21, 1793.                        Sept 15, 2020.
Death by guillotine.                Guillotine by Death

Obituary

"King Louis was killed by guillotine recently. Everyone rejoiced. For many people, it was the happiest day of their lives."

While it is custom in Austria to prepare a procession of cows (highly decorated) to be lined up like a train and march them from their stables to the valley to celebrate Autumn (Almabtrieb), I think it is very appropriate that the sacred cows of fantasy football intelligence line up and say a few things about our beloved competitor, Carl after an untimely end by guillotine to the base of his football aspirations.     

Well, this particular drafter had a penchant for TE's.   No he is not a lifer in prison, but an auto-drafter from the UK.   What we know about Carl is that he knows a lot about the NFL, but has a malady called "eagle fan-itus", which can be more deadly than an Philly Cheese Steak.

He reminds us all of his championship from last year, as he rightly should.  However, now that he's gone to the guillotine, we might remember that he purchased/ahem "traded" cough cough his championship getting L Jackson for a song.  He was over the moon (blue I presume) to win, but did he really earn it?  There are some of the cows out there mooing that maybe his win was tainted by trade instead of winning it straight up with the players he drafted rather than lifted.   But alas, there are some moos out there too that suggest his dogged nature to make one-sided trades is a key ingredient (see Edwards) of a master tactician.   There are those who talk a good game, and then there are those who act.   Carl is a doer.

Nonetheless, week 1 has come around and the doer, mailed it in.  Cannot do that in the league of the guillotine.   You have to be ready for the blade of destiny.   Only 1 of us will know that feeling.   Lets give our condolences to Carl, we hardly knew you ---  Week 1 new talking head.
Carl leaves his drafting family, a couple of decent QB's, one stud RB and 2 all world TE's.   He will be missed by someone I am sure.

Other owners please post your comments and observations (Carl and his team) down below.

Prepare your Bids for the Following Players:

Carl's Team Waiver List            Waiver Wire Performers Week 1 Available             Waiver Wire Week 2 Projected Performers               

Kyler Murray - QB                                     Aaron Rodgers - QB                                                Ryan Tannehill - QB
Drew Brees - QB                                       Mitch Trubisky - QB                                                Ben Roethlisberger - QB
Saquon Barkley - RB                                 Kirk Cousins - QB                                                    Baker Mayfield - QB
Mark Ingram - RB                                     Tom Brady - QB                                                       Daniel Jones - QB
Ronald Jones - RB                                    Gardner Minshew - QB                                             Ceedee Lamb - WR
AJ Brown - WR                                         Teddy Bridgewater - QB                                           Jerry Jeudy - WR
Deshaun Jackson - WR                             Nyheim Hines - RB                                                  Henry Ruggs - WR
Mike Evans - WR                                      Malcomb Brown - RB                                               Christian Kirk - WR
George Kittle - TE                                    Robby Anderson - WR                                             Anthony Miller - WR
Travis Kelce - TE                                      Jamison Crowder - WR                                            Tennessee Def
Indianapolis Colts - DEF                          Sammy Watkins - WR                                               Tampa Bay Def
                                                               Russell Gage - WR                                                    Chicago Def
                                                               Dallas Goeddert - TE                                                Cleveland Def
                                                                                                                                               Arizona Def
                                                                                                                                               New Orleans Def
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: