Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 869738 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #1160 on: September 5, 2021, 09:55:38 pm »
Nooo!

You'll summon up ye Beast known in the Necronomicon as 'Al666'.
😀
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1161 on: September 5, 2021, 10:30:32 pm »
Nooo!

You'll summon up ye Beast known in the Necronomicon as 'Al666'.

Please no 😂

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1162 on: September 5, 2021, 10:35:35 pm »
Don't you have to say it 3 times for that to happen?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: September 6, 2021, 09:06:01 pm »
Don't you have to say it 3 times for that to happen?

Al666
Al666
Al666

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1164 on: September 6, 2021, 09:29:18 pm »
Beetlejuice.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1165 on: September 6, 2021, 09:50:58 pm »
ARRRGGGGH
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1166 on: September 6, 2021, 10:23:36 pm »
ARRRGGGGH
Once the genie is out of the bottle... 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline OnTheVirg

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1167 on: September 14, 2021, 10:29:24 pm »

I was reliably told at the ground the footprint of the actual stand is up to this green container on the right.
Yeah , guesstimating from the drawings that seems about right, it's gonna be f?¢#ing awesome

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: September 15, 2021, 07:32:07 am »
Hopefully this kicks off properly soon - I can't be the only one really looking forward to the sight of a large erection in this thread.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: September 17, 2021, 02:04:43 pm »
The budget for this was £60m right? Can see that being increased with currently material costs.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1170 on: September 17, 2021, 02:13:43 pm »
I would imagine so

I wonder has there ever been a stadium project that hasnt gone over its estimated cost

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1171 on: September 17, 2021, 02:28:43 pm »
I wonder has there ever been a stadium project that hasnt gone over its estimated cost

I don't think the Main did.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: September 18, 2021, 10:06:08 am »
The budget for this was £60m right? Can see that being increased with currently material costs.

UK Steel is DOUBLE what it was this time last year I think. I'd imagine you're right.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: September 22, 2021, 09:02:43 am »
Confirmed to be going ahead:
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/444151-anfield-road-stand-expansion-confirmed

The proposed expansion of the Anfield Road Stand will move forward, Liverpool FC has confirmed today.

The project, which has been undergoing enabling works throughout the off-season in anticipation, will begin in earnest with an official ground-breaking ceremony planned for next week. 

The redevelopment of the stand will see 7,000 more seats added to Anfield, taking its overall capacity to more than 61,000. The construction of the stand will work in the same way as the redeveloped Main Stand, with the build taking place throughout the season while matches continue to be played throughout. 

Andy Hughes, managing director of Liverpool FC, said: “We have been clear from the beginning that in order for this expansion to go ahead we needed the co-operation of local residents and the community, to successfully navigate the complex planning landscape, and to ensure the project is financially viable.

“We needed certainty for this project to progress and are now in a position to be able to move forward. We began this journey in 2014 and are grateful to everyone for the contributions they have made to bring the project to this stage.”

Following two stages of public consultation and invaluable feedback on the initial plans, Anfield Road’s expansion project will reroute Anfield Road itself around the footprint of the new stand.

The project was given planning permission by Liverpool City Council in June 2021, with the club also awarded permission to hold up to six concerts and major events at the stadium for a period of five seasons.

The club will work with Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd (Buckingham) as principal contractor on the project.

Buckingham will work directly with the club’s Red Neighbours initiative on a range of activities with the local community and schools in line with the club’s current activities across food poverty, education and opportunities for young people, as well as taking the local community on the journey of the stand’s redevelopment.

They will also work with local employment groups and education establishments to offer work experience, apprenticeships, graduate placements and employment to local people. Buckingham is committed to offering around 35 work placements and more than 800 apprentice and training weeks across the build.

When complete, the expanded Anfield Road Stand is expected to create around 400 matchday roles in addition to the 2,200 people currently employed in various operations at each home game, of which 95 per cent are known to live in the Liverpool City Region.

The redeveloped Anfield Road Stand is anticipated to be ready for the 2023-24 season and its design will see the lower tier retained and refurbished with a new upper tier built above it. As well as an increased capacity, the redeveloped stand will be similar to the Main Stand, with improved concourses and sports bar lounge hospitality facilities. This stand will also see the relocation of the Family Park to a covered position.

Throughout the design process, careful consideration has once again been given to Anfield’s world-class atmosphere through the development of an acoustic and lighting strategy to match that of the one developed with the Main Stand.

Part of the safe, secure and inclusive design plans will also provide additional pedestrian routes at the back of the expanded stand into Stanley Park, retain the four-stand stadium configuration and character, and include historical design references.

--

Fantastic news

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1174 on: September 22, 2021, 09:12:23 am »
Good stuff. We were waiting on this confirmation. It'll be tight for an August 2023 finish and will need to avoid delays but the construction can begin properly now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1175 on: September 22, 2021, 09:31:53 am »
Fantastic news, can't wait for that spade to be put into the ground next week ;D even if we've already been doing tons of work already.

This we have very good chance of getting it ready for August 2023, not to forget there will now be 3 breaks before then - Summer 2022, WC 2022 and Summer 2023 where construction can go at full speed.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1176 on: September 22, 2021, 09:44:22 am »
I hope we bought all/most of the materials way before this start date  :D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: September 22, 2021, 09:51:15 am »
Fantastic news, can't wait for that spade to be put into the ground next week ;D even if we've already been doing tons of work already.

This we have very good chance of getting it ready for August 2023, not to forget there will now be 3 breaks before then - Summer 2022, WC 2022 and Summer 2023 where construction can go at full speed.
not sure about the middle one at all, isnt that over christmas?

Weather and light is more of an issue then

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1178 on: September 22, 2021, 09:59:10 am »

Construction stops for a day or two either side of a game I believe so having 6-8 weeks over winter 2022 where there won't be any gaps will be extremely helpful

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: September 22, 2021, 10:26:10 am »
I hope we bought all/most of the materials way before this start date  :D

Iron ore prices have dropped 50% in the past few weeks. Need to get in before the increased power costs kick in.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1180 on: September 22, 2021, 10:35:59 am »
Hadn’t it already started being built in effect??
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1181 on: September 22, 2021, 10:54:46 am »
Great news, this. Still haven't managed to see the "new" main stand yet so here's hoping I'll get to the ground before there are 2 new stands to see!

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1182 on: September 22, 2021, 11:14:00 am »
Potentially 7,000 more fans in for every game from 2023/24 season onwards is great news. Financially it's important but more importantly we get more fans in the ground for each game. Could easily amount to an 150,000 -175,00 fans/seats in a season. Really good for fans from all around the World in terms of accessibility to match day tickets.

Will be nice to have it finished for 2023/24. Would be nice for Klopp to have at least 1 season managing in the refurbished stadium he has helped contribute towards (though increased finances via on the pitch success).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1183 on: September 22, 2021, 11:29:22 am »
Hadn’t it already started being built in effect??

The enabling works, utilities moved, and the likes were made ready for the actual stand construction.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: September 22, 2021, 11:34:43 am »
Construction stops for a day or two either side of a game I believe so having 6-8 weeks over winter 2022 where there won't be any gaps will be extremely helpful
true

be more done during summer but your point is right

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: September 22, 2021, 11:40:23 am »
We're going to be at the capacity always mooted for a new ground AT Anfield. Given where we were a few years back in terms of future stadium plans, this is absolutely incredible and whatever FSG do from now on with the club this will be part of their legacy. I was very angry with them a few months ago with ESL. But I'm very grateful today.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: September 22, 2021, 11:44:24 am »
I’m so happy that we have retained Anfield. It’s a brilliant atmospheric stadium. Love the battleship grey uniformity of the 4 stands.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: September 22, 2021, 11:45:14 am »
Say it with me, beetlejuice

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: September 22, 2021, 02:17:30 pm »
Be the fourth largest stadium in England then according to this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_England

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1189 on: September 22, 2021, 02:36:44 pm »

Looks like the Prem will finish around 13/14th Nov 2022 and not restart till 26th Dec so weather shouldn't be a big issue but not having to cater for fans every 10-14 days should be pretty helpful.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: September 22, 2021, 02:42:01 pm »
The reds have got no money but we'll build a stand?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1191 on: September 22, 2021, 02:58:32 pm »
The reds have got no money but we'll build a stand?

;D

Loving all the so-called fans on social media who never go to a game moaning about how they want new players, not a new stand.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1192 on: September 22, 2021, 03:08:11 pm »
There'll be no new players for a few years, I'll tell the children

Good news though. 2023 will be here before you know it and we'll have sixty thousand in the ground. Would have been done earlier too if not for that pesky pandemic.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: September 22, 2021, 03:13:06 pm »
Be just short of our official record attendance. The highest attendance recorded at Anfield is 61,905, for Liverpool's match against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the FA Cup fifth round, on 2 February 1952.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: September 22, 2021, 03:14:29 pm »
Easy way around that mate, we'll fill in the corners to break it.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1195 on: September 22, 2021, 03:23:34 pm »
;D

Loving all the so-called fans on social media who never go to a game moaning about how they want new players, not a new stand.

Thankfully the fucking virgins wouldn't know L4 from a PS4

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1196 on: September 22, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »

What's an L4 or PS4?  :-\

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1197 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:12 pm »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1198 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:05 pm »
Love that you utilised an oxymoron to describe the morons. Top work.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: September 22, 2021, 03:32:40 pm »

Spade in the ground in six days. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art