Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 584735 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #2320 on: September 21, 2021, 09:55:32 pm »
He's fucking great. 50 games for Liverpool Football Club at the age of 20 is a seriously impressive feat. I think he's got a great future ahead of himself here over the next decade or so.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2321 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:22 pm »
He's fucking great. 50 games for Liverpool Football Club at the age of 20 is a seriously impressive feat. I think he's got a great future ahead of himself here over the next decade or so.

Fucking angry with the tackle from behind which could have broken his legs. This kind of shit tackles have to stop.

Could have had an assist if our midfielders had run into the penalty box for him to send in a cross.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2322 on: September 21, 2021, 10:03:10 pm »
Excellent tonight, more of that please.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2323 on: September 21, 2021, 10:03:51 pm »
Looks like a first team regular.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2324 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:22 pm »
Fucking angry with the tackle from behind which could have broken his legs. This kind of shit tackles have to stop.

Could have had an assist if our midfielders had run into the penalty box for him to send in a cross.

Reminded me of Cantwell on Jota (I think) on the opening day
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: September 21, 2021, 10:11:52 pm »
6/10 Filled the number 6 spot admirably enough but it's not his spec on the field. Looks far more comfortable and far more engaged further forward. 50 games tho aged 20 is great stuff. This is the season where he needs to be that proper option again as he's tailed off a bit.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #2326 on: September 21, 2021, 10:13:31 pm »
6/10 Filled the number 6 spot admirably enough but it's not his spec on the field. Looks far more comfortable and far more engaged further forward. 50 games tho aged 20 is great stuff. This is the season where he needs to be that proper option again as he's tailed off a bit.

Disagree, think he has played that role well. Very much a young Jordan Henderson, and that's meant as a very big compliment.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:52 pm »
Disagree, think he has played that role well. Very much a young Jordan Henderson, and that's meant as a very big compliment.

6/10 says he did well. Just prefer him further forward.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2328 on: September 21, 2021, 10:21:45 pm »
It's interesting that Klopp seems to demand he adapt to a deeper role while Elliot gets more freedom to play an attacking role for us, maybe he just thinks that long term that's where his strengths lie? Either way, great to see him getting a start finally after niggly injuries messed up his preseason. His potential role has been downplayed a bit after Elliot started the season so well but I think he'll be getting a lot of football now that he's fit.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #2329 on: September 21, 2021, 10:27:23 pm »
Think if Keita is injured, Curtis starts on the weekend.  Looked class today.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2330 on: September 21, 2021, 10:28:35 pm »
I can't help anyone who doesn't understand this guy is class.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2331 on: September 21, 2021, 10:46:16 pm »

To be fair, that player was chasing back and when he stepped to make his challenge he slipped, not really anything he could have done.

/

Jones close control is outrageous, love the fact he's using his body better now as well. He used to get outmuscled in certain scenarios whereas now i've noticed he gets a foot between the ball and opponent and shields it using his body to hold them off and accelerate away. Suarez and Gini used to be a masters of it and a few times tonight he used it to win races to the ball he probably should have lost, what makes it better is he uses it to progress the ball rather than just throwing himself to the floor.

I'm interested to see how he progresses, i'd love to see him in the most attacking of the midfield positions but there's so much to his game it feels like wherever you put him you have something you fail to utilise. His close control, dribbling, shooting with both feet, weight of pass and delivery from wide areas are all very very good.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:50:43 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #2332 on: September 21, 2021, 11:49:16 pm »
Thought he was very good tonight, the way he moves and can keep the ball in tight spaces is very good. He looked a class above at times.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: September 22, 2021, 12:10:38 am »
Can't wait for one of them left footers to fly in

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2334 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:06 am »
Love him. Kid's gonna be a superstar. Absolute top baller.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #2335 on: September 22, 2021, 10:20:24 am »
Really want this lad to become a permanent fixture in our mid...think he has the attributes and as with others will get his chance to prove it

Looked mature in the midfield last night
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2336 on: September 22, 2021, 10:23:47 am »
Interesting that Klopp gave him the deeper central role last night. I wonder if it was to see how he has developed his game tactically. He is a very fun player to watch when going forward, always feels like he could produce a bit of magic.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2337 on: September 22, 2021, 10:25:24 am »
Silky player. Looks really good on the ball and is a genuine threat around the box. Gonna be great.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2338 on: September 22, 2021, 01:40:32 pm »
Looks like a first team regular.

That’s a big thing with him, he’s very confident and doesn’t think he’s out of place. Completely out shone Gilmour and benefitted even mote when Morton came on.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #2339 on: September 22, 2021, 01:57:09 pm »
Just growing as a player, isn't he? He can almost comfortably play, or at least offer a viable option in the middle, up top or even deeper now.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2340 on: September 22, 2021, 02:01:53 pm »
Interesting that Klopp gave him the deeper central role last night. I wonder if it was to see how he has developed his game tactically. He is a very fun player to watch when going forward, always feels like he could produce a bit of magic.
He's also been used in the Firmino role and on the wing. It's mostly about getting minutes right now.

The way Klopp usually likes his players, I think 8 would be the most natural position. He's got the passing and the strength, but he lacks pace to play on the wing. Personally, I think the Firmino role is also interesting, since it's more of an AM than a CF in Klopp's system.

Wouldn't mind him getting priority over Keita and Ox now.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2341 on: September 22, 2021, 02:08:40 pm »
Silky player. Looks really good on the ball and is a genuine threat around the box. Gonna be great.

Whilst being a skilful ball player, Jones has developed both physically and tactically.

Really hard to knock off the ball nowadays and has really improved in the defensive side of his game over the last few years.

I wonder if he played No.6 last night due to his height. Klopp likes someone tall in that No.6 role. I assume so opposition teams can't go long to a target man to gain some territory when pressed high. Having a big No.6 can make that option harder for opponents. It's one of the ways we try to pin teams back.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2342 on: September 22, 2021, 02:26:25 pm »
Thought he was very good tonight, the way he moves and can keep the ball in tight spaces is very good. He looked a class above at times.

Some of those reminded me of Samir Nasri.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: September 22, 2021, 02:38:01 pm »
Whilst being a skilful ball player, Jones has developed both physically and tactically.

Yep said this as soon as I saw him come on against Milan.  Defo bulked up some.

There are many downsides to Harvey Elliot's horrible injury but I honestly think Curtis has seen an opening for a good run in the squad and is grabbing his chance with both hands.

Be great when they are both back though obv :)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: September 22, 2021, 07:48:19 pm »
He’s way too good inside the opponents box in terms of close control and shooting ability to play as a 6 long term.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2345 on: September 22, 2021, 07:55:39 pm »

Really hard to knock off the ball nowadays and has really improved in the defensive side of his game over the last few years.

I wonder if he played No.6 last night due to his height. Klopp likes someone tall in that No.6 role. I assume so opposition teams can't go long to a target man to gain some territory when pressed high. Having a big No.6 can make that option harder for opponents. It's one of the ways we try to pin teams back.
Im pretty sure that why he was there over Keita. Klopp has used Thiago and Gini as the 6 before but prefers the height.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2346 on: September 25, 2021, 07:28:37 pm »
Well played lad! One of the few who played well.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2347 on: September 25, 2021, 07:29:35 pm »
Seriously underrated by some.

Outstanding prospect. Don’t think he should have come off.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2348 on: September 25, 2021, 07:30:19 pm »
Damn shame that goal wasn't a winner. Superb strike.

Should be a starter if Thiago isn't available.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2349 on: September 25, 2021, 07:39:01 pm »
Thunderbastard!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2350 on: September 25, 2021, 07:40:54 pm »
Good goal. Thought his performance was poor though, not that he was on his own in that midfield.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #2351 on: September 25, 2021, 07:45:47 pm »
Thought he was one of the few players for us who I actually thought was quite good, even before the goal. Couldn't believe when he was taken off
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2352 on: September 25, 2021, 07:46:05 pm »
Damn shame that goal wasn't a winner. Superb strike.

Should be a starter if Thiago isn't available.

Dont actually think he played that well.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2353 on: September 25, 2021, 07:46:31 pm »
he was poor, cracking strike mind you.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2354 on: September 25, 2021, 07:48:06 pm »
Good goal. Thought his performance was poor though, not that he was on his own in that midfield.
Fantastic goal but think he struggled physically today.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2355 on: September 25, 2021, 07:48:41 pm »
Actually retained the ball and calmed things down and won a few challenges, so that automatically made him our best midfielder today.
AHA!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2356 on: September 25, 2021, 07:49:55 pm »
Actually retained the ball and calmed things down and won a few challenges, so that automatically made him our best midfielder today.
Won more tackles than Henderson and Fabinho combined. Think I watched a different game to some.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: September 25, 2021, 07:50:24 pm »
he was poor, cracking strike mind you.

he dozed off for 1st goal but was no where near poor

if he stays on pitch I think we win
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2358 on: September 25, 2021, 07:51:05 pm »
Fantastic goal but think he struggled physically today.

Agree - his biggest issue at the moment is without the ball.  He was actually excellent v Norwich in midweek tracking back but was nowhere today. Very odd.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2359 on: September 25, 2021, 07:55:00 pm »
he dozed off for 1st goal but was no where near poor

if he stays on pitch I think we win
I was surprised people were blaming our centre backs for the goal at half time, that goal was on Curtis falling asleep and not seeing the run in behind him.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England