Author Topic: RAWK Premier League Predictions 2019/20 Chat / Tables and Scores thread  (Read 29194 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Welcome back to the regulars, and welcome to the game to the new entrants. The rules have not changed from last season. If anyone wants to suggest any additions to the rules, or suggestions for improvements to the game, feel free to stick your ideas in here.

THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR CHAT, TABLES, AND UPDATES. If you have not yet confirmed your participation, please do so here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343380.0

So, as always, we will have 2 head to head leagues, the Premiership and Championship consisting of 20 players, and League 1 is the rest.

I don't think I need to explain the scoring system in detail but for the new players basically, you post your score predictions for the Premier League fixtures on a weekly basis.

You score points based on your predictions.

e.g.

Liverpool v Norwich

You predict Liverpool 3 - 0 Norwich.

* The match ends 3-0. You earn 3 points for predicting a correct score.

* The match ends 2-0. You earn 1 point for predicting the correct result, in this case a Liverpool win.

* The match ends 1-1 or 0-1. You earn no points as you didn't predict a correct score or result.

Head to head format:

New players will not be concerned with this as it is for PL and Championship players.

You will play one of your league opponents each week and will play each other league opponent twice.

If you outscore your opponent based on your total prediction points versus theirs, you win the tie and earn 3 pts for the win. If you and your opponent end up on equal points, you get 1 point for drawing the 'match' and obviously if your opponent outscores you, you lose the tie and earn nothing.

The full fixture list will be available to view after kick off in the first game of the season. Which is Friday 9th August? Fuck Sky Sports. At the time of posting, there are still quite a few players yet to confirm participation. I will generate the fixtures once I know who has confirmed they will be taking part.
PARTICIPATION MUST BE CONFIRMED PRIOR TO THE KICK OFF IN THIS GAME OR YOU WILL BE DEMOTED TO LEAGUE 1, AND A LEAGUE ONE OR CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER THAT HAS CONFIRMED PARTICIPATION TAKING YOUR PLACE

PENALTIES:

Predictions must be made in 1 post. You cannot post your prediction for the 12:30 game at 12:29, then post the remainder of the weekends predictions after the first game has kicked off. This will result in you scoring 0 for the early kick off, and incur the relevant penalty for a late post.

All predictions must be posted before the kick-off deadline which is always the kick-off time of the earliest game in any given round, some of which will be on a Friday night.

If you miss the posting deadline, and post late, you may only earn points for any matches which have not yet kicked off on the day you post or those following. If you miss the posting deadline, the penalty will be an automatic win for your opponent in your head to head fixture.
For League 1 players, as you have no head to head fixtures, you will receive a 3 point penalty for a late post. If you fail to score 3 in the round as a result of your late post, you will be scored 0 for that round.

Prediction posts edited after the kick-off time in that round will render any predictions up to the time of the post void, and incur the penalties as above.

A late post is regarded as after the kick off in the first game of the round. If the kick off is scheduled for 7:45 on Friday, your post MUST be made no later than 7:44:59, if KO is 12:30 on Saturday, your post should be no later than 12:29:59. There will be no exceptions to this, and the cut off time is strict. If you post at 7:45:00, your post is late.

If you mistakenly post twice, I will take your second post as your entry as long as this is not after the deadline. If you post a second post after the deadline, I will take your first post as your entry and the late post will be disregarded.

I will confirm the full entry list in due course.

Finally as per last season, please keep all chat / discussion in this thread. This thread will be used for scoring updates and news etc.
Please only post prediction posts in the other thread which will be opened next week.

Any queries or suggestions please post below.

Cheers folks and good luck  :wave
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:13:40 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just to reiterate, you must confirm participation in this thread https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343380.0 prior to kick off in the first match next Friday night. I will generate the fixtures based on the people that have confirmed in that thread, not by the people who post in here, or just post a prediction without confirming in that thread. There will be no exceptions to this

RPLP past winnners

19/20

Premier League - Prof
Championship - Cape_Tear
League One - gary75
European Cup - RJH
League Cup - bryanod

18/19

Premier League - WillG.LFC
Championship - AdzLFC
League One - Cape_Tear
European Cup - Trendisnotdestiny
League Cup - Redman1974

17/18
Premier League - WillG.LFC
Championship - tubby
League One - AdzLFC
European Cup - bryanod
League Cup - nayia2002

16/17

Premier League - Ankit
Championship - RJH
League One - Skittle
European Cup - BoRed
League Cup - bryanod

15/16

Premier League - Phil M
Championship - West Ham Paul
League One - WillG.LFC
European Cup - N/A as Phil went AWOL
League Cup - fowlerisgod4eva

14/15

Premier League - RivaGe
Championship - Keegans Perm
League One - Kopite17
European Cup - HoinkDoink
League Cup - Buck Pete

13/14

Premier League - bryanod
Championship - RivaGe
League One - Keegans Perm
European Cup - bryanod
League Cup - Rhino

12/13

Premier League - bryanod
Championship - flashman
League One - West Ham Paul
European Cup - BoRed
League Cup - flashman

11/12

Write off as Doc Manhattan was running it and got on like a bellend and got banned  ;D

10/11

Premier League - BoRed
Championship - Amir87
League One - Ycuzz

Cant find any cup results from this season

09/10

Premier League - Rhino
Championship - Ollyfrom.tv
League One - the prodigal_son
European Cup - Reddave7
League Cup - Rhino

08/09

Premier League - Reddave7
Championship - BoRed
League One - N/A
European Cup - N/A
League Cup - Rednile
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:41:47 pm by Barneylfc∗ »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If anyone wants to take charge of the cup competitions, you're welcome to do so  :wave

We will have 2 cup competitions as always - The RPLP League Cup and European Cup.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
If anyone wants to take charge of the cup competitions, you're welcome to do so  :wave

We will have 2 cup competitions as always - The RPLP League Cup and European Cup.

I’d like to help out with one.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’d like to help out with one.

Great stuff mate. Which one do you want? You can do both if you wish.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Great stuff mate. Which one do you want? You can do both if you wish.

I will ease into it and go with the RRLP League Cup  8)

Does anyone else want to get involved and do the European Cup?

If there’s no volunteers I might give that one a go too.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:47:19 pm by tommy LFC »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just to reiterate, you must confirm participation in this thread https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343380.0 prior to kick off in the first match next Friday night. I will generate the fixtures based on the people that have confirmed in that thread, not by the people who post in here, or just post a prediction without confirming in that thread. There will be no exceptions to this

I think I have repeated this enough now, so this will be the last time. No exceptions.  :wave

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I will ease into it and go with the RRLP League Cup  8)

Does anyone else want to get involved and do the European Cup?

If there’s no volunteers I might give that one a go too.

Since Barney helped me out so much last year, I'll help out this year --- need to learn how to do this anyway.

European Cup - I am in (abdicating my victory from last year -----> giving it to Barney in recognition for all he does!)  :champ
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one. Just dont get banned again  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one. Just dont get banned again  ;D

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK Premier League Predictions 2019/20 Chat / Tables and Scores thread
« Reply #10 on: August 9, 2019, 05:15:06 pm »
Since we have all Premier League players confirmed, here are the fixtures for Week 1

Adz LFC v RivaGe
bryanod v RJH
Grobbellrevell v Jsteve
KeegansPerm v Ycuzz
nayia2002 v redman1974
Prof v CornerFlag
redforlife v amir87
The G in Gerrard v Barneylfc
tubby v BoRed
WillG.LFC v Ollyfrom.tv

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2019, 08:50:35 pm »
Week 1 Championship fixtures

bobinhood v Skittle
gav91v v thush
LanceLink v Lee-87
LovelyCushionedHeader v Youngest Son of Skittle
Oldie v ShatnersBassoon
Rhino v Gerry Attrick
Sami v Buck Pete
tommyLFC v Cape_Tear
Trendisnotdestiny v fowlerisgod4eva
Vishwa Atma v Port_Vale_Lad

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 12:55:03 am »
Updates are coming.

If you want to know your head to head opponent, you can find it in the respective link above.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 01:23:44 am »
Dont update fuck all!

Alphabetically I am TOP OF THE TABLE.

oh happy day. Tear in my eye. Can this be true? Campione, the one and only .....You guys can still call me Bob. Or Sir. Whatever you want.... not picky.   
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 04:36:20 am »
Updates are coming.

If you want to know your head to head opponent, you can find it in the respective link above.
When? Who? What? How?

Are updates really coming? I have no idea how to find out who I'm ducking it with...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 11:20:39 am »
When? Who? What? How?

Are updates really coming? I have no idea how to find out who I'm ducking it with...

They are yes. Working long hours the last 2 weeks so not on here too much.
In regards to head to head, you're still in League One, so there are no head to heads.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 07:00:02 pm »
They are yes. Working long hours the last 2 weeks so not on here too much.
In regards to head to head, you're still in League One, so there are no head to heads.
:thumbup
Bummer, apparently my balls havebn't dropped yet... :(

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 2, 2019, 01:23:53 pm »
Going to start making inroads on this tonight. Apologies for the shitness of my organisation

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #21 on: September 2, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
Going to start making inroads on this tonight. Apologies for the shitness of my organisation

Start as you meant to go on sure...
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 2, 2019, 04:26:00 pm »
Start as you meant to go on sure...

Exactly, no point pretending I'll definitely do an update every week  :D

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #23 on: September 2, 2019, 07:03:58 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, you might as well annul the first four rounds.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 2, 2019, 07:21:29 pm »
Exactly, no point pretending I'll definitely do an update every week  :D

There are some things more important than updates for the lads (much appreciated you exist though)!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 2, 2019, 07:30:24 pm »
WEEK 1 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

PREMIER LEAGUE

Adz LFC 5 v 4 RivaGe
bryanod 6 v 8 RJH
Grobbellrevell 7 v 5 Jsteve
KeegansPerm 1 v 6 Ycuzz*
nayia2002 5 v 7 redman1974
Prof 8 v 7 CornerFlag*
redforlife 7 v 6 amir87
The G in Gerrard 7 v7  Barneylfc
tubby 5 v 4 BoRed
WillG.LFC 5 v 6 Ollyfrom.tv

KeegansPerm and CornerFlag both posted late, but lost their head to head anyway

CHAMPIONSHIP

bobinhood 6 v 5 Skittle
gav91v 6 v 9 thush
LanceLink 6 v 7 Lee-87
LovelyCushionedHeader 5 v 5 Youngest Son of Skittle
Oldie 3 v 6 ShatnersBassoon
Rhino 10 v 5 Gerry Attrick
Sami 5 v 2 Buck Pete
tommyLFC 4 v 5 Cape_Tear
Trendisnotdestiny 8 v 5 fowlerisgod4eva
Vishwa Atma 6 v 3 Port_Vale_Lad

LEAGUE 1

12   Prelude No.5
9   E2K
9   Carllfc
9   elsewhere
8   matty c
7   gary75
7   Roy Cropper
7   Andy@Allerton
6   PoetryInMotion
6   mikey_LFC
5   Shelts
5   Black Bull Nova
5   vivabobbygraham
4   Emerald Red
4   sms1986
4   Perham
3   AmanShah21
3   farawayred*
3   HeartAndSoul
2   filler**
0   Scottish-Don

*faraway red scored 6, but incurs a 3 point penalty for posting late.
**filler scored 5, but incurs a 3 point penalty for posting late.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2019, 11:33:12 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: September 2, 2019, 07:35:52 pm by Barneylfc »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 2, 2019, 07:36:19 pm »
Round 2 will be updated tomorrow.  :wave

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #28 on: September 2, 2019, 07:41:54 pm »
Thanks Barney.

Let's just end the season now.  No need to worry about the next 37 rounds  :P

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 2, 2019, 11:09:11 pm »
Hey, Barney, I think you made a mistake with my score. I got in late in the first game at 1-0 to us and predicted 5-1 (not the right score), but even if you don't count the Friday game entirely, I still got City, Burnley, Palace, Spurs, Leicester and Arse outcome (though no exact score). So, even if you don't count our game, I should still have 6 pts not 3 pts, right? Or did you put me in administration or something...  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 2, 2019, 11:27:33 pm »
You scored 6 mate, but got a 3 point penalty for posting late. Same with Filler, who scored 5 from the predictions. You scored 0 points for our game as it had already kicked off.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 2, 2019, 11:31:28 pm »

PENALTIES:

All predictions must be posted before the kick-off deadline which is always the kick-off time of the earliest game in any given round, some of which will be on a Friday night.

If you miss the posting deadline, and post late, you may only earn points for any matches which have not yet kicked off on the day you post or those following. If you miss the posting deadline, the penalty will be an automatic win for your opponent in your head to head fixture.
For League 1 players, as you have no head to head fixtures, you will receive a 3 point penalty for a late post. If you fail to score 3 in the round as a result of your late post, you will be scored 0 for that round.

All in here mate

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 3, 2019, 04:25:07 pm »
All in here mate
:wave

Thanks, mate! I missed that part of the rules. Good thing that there is no relegation... I will probably end up in negative territory..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 3, 2019, 07:29:33 pm »
WEEK 2 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

Plenty of high scores in week 2 with 2 14s, 5 thirteens and lots of 12s.

PREMIER LEAGUE

amir87 9 v 12 bryanod
Barneylfc 7 v 8 Adz LFC*
BoRed 6 v 7 WillG.LFC
CornerFlag 11 v 9 KeegansPerm
Jsteve 6 v 10 tubby
Ollyfrom.tv 4 v 6 The G in Gerrard
redman1974 7 v 7 redforlife
RivaGe 3 v 10 Grobbellrevell
RJH 6 v 9 nayia2002
Ycuzz 7 v 9 Prof

Barneylfc posted late but lost his head to head anyway

CHAMPIONSHIP

Buck Pete 12 v 4 gav91v
Cape_Tear 10 v 7 bobinhood
fowlerisgod4eva 3 v 13 Vishwa Atma
Gerry Attrick 14 v 12 LovelyCushionedHeader
Lee-87 11 v 9 Trendisnotdestiny
Port_Vale_Lad 11 v 11 tommyLFC
ShatnersBassoon 11 v 12 Sami
Skittle 11 v 11 LanceLink
thush 4 v 13 Oldie
Youngest Son of Skittle 7 v 9 Rhino

LEAGUE 1

14   vivabobbygraham
12   E2K
12   Carllfc
12   Shelts
10   farawayred
9   Prelude No.5
9   PoetryInMotion
9   mikey_LFC
9   AmanShah21
8   Perham
7   gary75
7   Black Bull Nova
7   Emerald Red
7   Filler.
6   elsewhere
5   matty c
5   Andy@Allerton
4   HeartAndSoul
3   sms1986
0   Roy Cropper
0   Scottish-Don

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 4, 2019, 07:12:13 am »
Eurgh. Hopefully last couple of rounds I move up the table.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #36 on: September 5, 2019, 08:49:23 am »
I say we just call it a day now, Barney. Best for everyone.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 5, 2019, 12:09:23 pm »
I say we just call it a day now, Barney. Best for everyone.

Is that after rounds 3 and 4 given they have been completed, just not updated?  ;)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2019, 01:25:17 pm »
Round 5 is open. Rounds 3 and 4 will be updated tonight  :wave

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 9, 2019, 04:56:27 pm »
WEEK 3 HEAD TO HEAD RESULTS

PREMIER LEAGUE

Adz LFC 6 v 4 Ollyfrom.tv
Barneylfc 5 v 5 Jsteve
BoRed 6 v 6 RJH
nayia2002 11 v 7 amir87
Prof 2 v 7 Grobbellrevell
redman1974 5 v 4 CornerFlag