Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 959137 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #5800 on: September 18, 2021, 06:49:01 pm »
Man of the match for me.
There are a few candidates, and he's certainly one of them. But I really like a game in which MOTM is not easy to call.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5801 on: September 18, 2021, 06:54:49 pm »
This is the best goalkeeper in the history of the sport. I genuinely believe that, obviously can't say I've watched them all but I struggle to comprehend anyone existing that was or is better than this guy.
I have been thinking this for a while and every game its just being confirmed more and more.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: September 18, 2021, 06:58:47 pm »
I have been thinking this for a while and every game its just being confirmed more and more.
It's hard to compare him to Yashin and Zoff, maybe Khan, much like it's tough to compare Pele, Maradona and Messi. But he's at least in the same conversation.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5803 on: September 18, 2021, 07:02:05 pm »
It's hard to compare him to Yashin and Zoff, maybe Khan, much like it's tough to compare Pele, Maradona and Messi. But he's at least in the same conversation.

Throw Banks and Clemence into that as well
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5804 on: September 18, 2021, 07:13:42 pm »
Throw Banks and Clemence into that as well

What I've seen of Banks looked incredibly ahead of his time. However, in our current time, Alisson makes me feel calm. It's the best attribute possible in a goalkeeper.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5805 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:56 pm »
What I've seen of Banks looked incredibly ahead of his time. However, in our current time, Alisson makes me feel calm. It's the best attribute possible in a goalkeeper.

Clem was exactly the same, Alisson is the best keeper I've seen in a Liverpool shirt since him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5806 on: September 18, 2021, 07:17:27 pm »
Sure. But the game changes with the time, and you can only judge players in the context of their time. Pele would look shit in modern times.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5807 on: September 18, 2021, 07:19:05 pm »
He's ridiculously good.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5808 on: September 18, 2021, 07:20:23 pm »
My MOTM. He made all the right moves, came forward and cleared away long balls and played some ridiculous passes to our forwards. And not to mention the two saves. Absolutely brilliant.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5809 on: September 18, 2021, 07:28:48 pm »
My MOTM. He made all the right moves, came forward and cleared away long balls and played some ridiculous passes to our forwards. And not to mention the two saves. Absolutely brilliant.

An underrated save was the one he made just before half time. Straight at him. But caught, with soft hands and a soft body, through and ahead of a crowd of players. Completely calm, knowing exactly what he could do. Imagine Pickford in that situation. Or Mignolet, for that matter (is there something in the water in the Wear?).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5810 on: September 18, 2021, 07:35:48 pm »
Brilliant in every way.

It's actually unfair that he can be that good and that good-looking
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5811 on: September 18, 2021, 07:49:48 pm »
Never looks like conceding no matter how clear-cut the opportunity is.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5812 on: September 19, 2021, 08:20:18 am »
he's the best keeper around, no fuss

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #5813 on: September 19, 2021, 10:03:08 am »
He's the best goalkeeper in the world at present. And I don't see anyone else taking that title away from him in the near future.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #5814 on: October 2, 2021, 01:11:37 pm »
It’s our Number 1’s birthday today (along with Bobby’s). Here’s to two of my all time favourite Reds both celebrating with 3 points tomorrow.

Also gone a bit under the radar outside of our fanbase quite how well Ali has started this season.

"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5815 on: October 2, 2021, 05:29:21 pm »
It’s our Number 1’s birthday today (along with Bobby’s). Here’s to two of my all time favourite Reds both celebrating with 3 points tomorrow.

Also gone a bit under the radar outside of our fanbase quite how well Ali has started this season.

he's been brilliant, minimal fuss which is what you want from your keeper

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5816 on: October 2, 2021, 05:53:34 pm »
Happy Birthday Big Ali! 29 huh? The mad bastard has got at least another 6 years at this level.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5817 on: October 3, 2021, 06:32:03 pm »
he saved us in the first half

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5818 on: October 3, 2021, 06:49:41 pm »
A Titan. Saves us again and again. Need the defence to be a bit more switched on around him at times
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5819 on: October 3, 2021, 06:51:41 pm »
Yeah, we owe him this point for sure. I even thought he'd saved their second goal if it didn't deflect off Matip. Unlucky for that one.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5820 on: October 3, 2021, 07:01:04 pm »
Back to his best this season, absolute immense.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5821 on: October 3, 2021, 07:09:52 pm »
He was unlucky with the deflection, he's had a great start to the season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5822 on: October 3, 2021, 07:11:18 pm »
Kept us in it. If Foden scores that one-on-one, it'd have been a different game.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: October 3, 2021, 07:17:21 pm »
He was unlucky with the deflection, he's had a great start to the season.
Pretty sure he saves the shot if it not deflected. Understand why Matip would block it also probably the reason offside was not called(as he had clear line of sight of the ball the whole way)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5824 on: October 3, 2021, 10:13:09 pm »
Should have saved Foden's goal I thought. Looked like he thought it was going wide and let it go past him. He'll be disappointed with that, otherwise had an excellent game.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5825 on: October 3, 2021, 10:18:20 pm »
Should have saved Foden's goal I thought. Looked like he thought it was going wide and let it go past him. He'll be disappointed with that, otherwise had an excellent game.
Say what!!!

That was hit into the very corner of the goal with pinpoint accuracy and a fair amount of power. No goalkeeper is saving that.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5826 on: October 3, 2021, 10:21:15 pm »
Say what!!!

That was hit into the very corner of the goal with pinpoint accuracy and a fair amount of power. No goalkeeper is saving that.

Yep, that's a mad shout, I know he sets the bar high but thinking he should save those is a bit much!  ;D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5827 on: October 3, 2021, 10:22:08 pm »
Say what!!!

Look at the tight angle he hits it from though. A keeper of his quality shouldn't be getting beat from there, and if you watch the slo-mo he's clearly not at full stretch. He pulls his arm back as the ball went past.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5828 on: October 3, 2021, 10:22:15 pm »

Mate, you've been duped by Carra of all people.  ;D

That dickhead is spewing the same crap.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5829 on: October 3, 2021, 10:26:08 pm »
Look at the tight angle he hits it from though. A keeper of his quality shouldn't be getting beat from there, and if you watch the slo-mo he's clearly not at full stretch. He pulls his arm back as the ball went past.
It’s hit with so much power and accuracy it’s past him before he can even react.

Kinda similar to Salah’s finish but his is higher.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5830 on: October 3, 2021, 10:27:18 pm »

Is he? Haha. I haven't watched any of the post match shite on sky, that was just my feeling at the time.

Looking at it again, I might be being a bit harsh, but I still think he'll be disappointed.

It's at 1:30 in this vid, the view from behind the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFnQT0g5j0

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #5831 on: October 3, 2021, 10:53:25 pm »

Very difficult for the keeper. Nobody put a tackle in and then Milner over covered, not on Ali at all.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5832 on: October 3, 2021, 11:34:19 pm »
I thought that from my vantage point in the Kop and thought the angle was more acute than it was but having seen it back, pinpoint accuracy and power made it unstoppable. He’s saved us on so many occasions this season.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5833 on: October 4, 2021, 12:56:50 am »
Is he? Haha. I haven't watched any of the post match shite on sky, that was just my feeling at the time.

Looking at it again, I might be being a bit harsh, but I still think he'll be disappointed.

It's at 1:30 in this vid, the view from behind the goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFnQT0g5j0
I’ve just watched that goal and it’s just a brilliant finish. Perfectly placed with power it’s past him before he can react in my view
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5834 on: October 4, 2021, 09:49:56 am »
Foden’s goal reminded me of Fowler’s Derby winner back in about 94? The last Derby in front of the standing Kop I think.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: October 4, 2021, 09:53:07 am »
He saves de bruyne's shot if it doesn't hit matip.100%.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5836 on: October 4, 2021, 01:24:31 pm »
He saves de bruyne's shot if it doesn't hit matip.100%.

yeah that's what was so disappointing about it.....

that and the "DE BRUYNE WITH A WORLD CLASS GOAL"......even after seeing the deflection -"well they have to give it to him as the shot was on target before the deflection."

Shut the F up.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5837 on: October 15, 2021, 11:17:33 am »
Is anyone else low key annoyed he didn’t stick with 13?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5838 on: October 15, 2021, 12:44:52 pm »
No

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5839 on: October 19, 2021, 09:56:54 pm »
Way too many bumps of this thread have been needed this season but he is the best to ever do it and deserves all the praise. It'd be nice if we stopped giving him so much work to do mind!