Author Topic: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *  (Read 49870 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2021, 11:53:31 pm »
The King cost £440,000
I remember our nextdoor neighbour saying football had gone mad when we paid £440,000 for Kenny. He was a big Red too. Goodness knows what he'd make of football now, if he's still alive.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Arise Sir King Kenny *
« Reply #321 on: March 4, 2023, 09:52:43 am »
Happy birthday, King.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #322 on: March 4, 2023, 11:02:01 am »
Happy Birthday to King Kenny.  :champ
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: March 4, 2023, 11:22:09 am »
For a lot of us wee 'uns growing up in Scotland, this man is why we became Liverpool fans.

Scots made LFC (and United) the clubs they are today. Amongst others (Leeds).
« Last Edit: March 4, 2023, 11:23:50 am by FLRed67 »

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #324 on: March 4, 2023, 11:59:50 am »
still my all-time favourite liverpool player

any player wanting to remembered by fans as a 'legend' should be measured against this man

we always say it but if we had more footage of the man from back then, then it'd be some watch
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 4, 2023, 01:37:41 pm »
Happy Birthday Kenny

still my all-time favourite liverpool player

any player wanting to remembered by fans as a 'legend' should be measured against this man

we always say it but if we had more footage of the man from back then, then it'd be some watch

The amount of stuff he did, goals her scored and created that were never on telly is insane when you think of the wall to wall coverage these days. Unless I came through the Main Stand car park and saw the TV trucks, the first idea I had if we were on telly or not was looking at the gantry in the main stand for the cameras.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #326 on: March 4, 2023, 04:25:40 pm »
Happy Birthday Kenny

The amount of stuff he did, goals her scored and created that were never on telly is insane when you think of the wall to wall coverage these days. Unless I came through the Main Stand car park and saw the TV trucks, the first idea I had if we were on telly or not was looking at the gantry in the main stand for the cameras.

And sometimes, Kenny's arse blocked the view...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #327 on: March 4, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »
HB KK
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 4, 2023, 04:40:45 pm »
many happy returns to the king!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #329 on: March 5, 2023, 06:31:20 pm »
Not a bad birthday present, that.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 5, 2023, 06:34:12 pm »
Not a bad birthday present, that.

Gift wrapped by Jurgen....couldn't love that anymore.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #331 on: March 5, 2023, 07:21:42 pm »

'No better way to spend his birthday weekend than watching the red men score '7' against Utd.' - https://twitter.com/DalglishPaul/status/1632446506006376455

« Last Edit: March 6, 2023, 01:48:40 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2023, 09:49:50 pm »
New sky documentary about the King. Watching it now, pretty good to be fair.

Not sure if it is new actually, certainly not seen it before.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 09:52:33 pm by BobPaisley3 »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online CraigR2323

• Main Stander
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2023, 11:18:51 pm »
Made in 2017 - but had passed me by too. Good watch, tough in places..

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2023, 06:20:36 am »
Made in 2017 - but had passed me by too. Good watch, tough in places..
Me too, had no idea about it.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2023, 10:35:54 am »
For a lot of us wee 'uns growing up in Scotland, this man is why we became Liverpool fans.

And for a lot of us in England.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2023, 05:30:37 am »

My First memory of the King. 1986 v Chelsea to win the league, I watched it with my Da.

For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: July 14, 2023, 01:26:51 am »
It's been a weird day. The Henderson thing was turning my stomach this morning. Hard on the heels of Gerrard and Bobby feeling the need to 'secure their futures' by taking the blood-soaked murderers dirty dollar.

The game has gone. The world's gone completely mad. I felt pretty low to be honest. But I had some time this afternoon, so I went to Anfield. I looked at how it's changed. The history of the place which oozes out of every brick. Seeing the new shirt going for £115 in the shop saddened me though. It's laughable and depressing how we are fleeced as fans these days. It's ludicrous, yet people buy armfuls of merch in there.

Despite all that, this is still the place I saw David Fairclough celebrate a goal that shook the ground to the core. The place where I've seen things most football fans only ever dream about. The Shankly pie at Homebaked was nice too, as was my walk right around the stadium. How Anfield has grown, and how it continues to grow. It's changed, but the soul is still there.

What has this got to do with Kenny Dalglish? Well flicking through the channels tonight I stumbled onto the start of the 'Kenny' documentary. The day had started off on a depressing note, but ended with me getting back in touch with what this club means to me. Kenny; what an absolutely amazing human being. What a player. What a man.

I'd seen the documentary before, but not for a long time. That right there is the club I remember and love. I don't think I realized just how big the disconnect between myself and the game had become until tonight. But watching 'Kenny' bridged the gap somewhat.

How could I ever walkaway from this club? Yes, the game is screwed. Times have changed. But the Liver Bird means as much to me today as it ever did. Maybe even more now. Seeing those players, those fans, Phil Scraton etc talking about our club and watching highlights of those games I was so lucky to be at. No, I can't leave it behind. Maybe I'll just have to do what I think Kenny himself seems to do; swerve the bullshit and keep it real.

A late night waffle by me I think, but I got goosebumps watching the documentary tonight. Liverpool always gave me goosebumps. Shankly did and still does. The Spion Kop does. Klopp does. Anfield does. Being at Wembley for Kenny's debut in the Charity Shield did. The "Dalglish!" chant always did.

I suppose it shows how a day can turn on its head. Down and despondent earlier this morning. Optimism tonight, despite all the modern age bullshit around the game.

Thanks Kenny. Again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 01:29:46 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #338 on: July 14, 2023, 01:45:11 am »
It's been a weird day. The Henderson thing was turning my stomach this morning. Hard on the heels of Gerrard and Bobby feeling the need to 'secure their futures' by taking the blood-soaked murderers dirty dollar.

The game has gone. The world's gone completely mad. I felt pretty low to be honest. But I had some time this afternoon, so I went to Anfield. I looked at how it's changed. The history of the place which oozes out of every brick. Seeing the new shirt going for £115 in the shop saddened me though. It's laughable and depressing how we are fleeced as fans these days. It's ludicrous, yet people buy armfuls of merch in there.

Despite all that, this is still the place I saw David Fairclough celebrate a goal that shook the ground to the core. The place where I've seen things most football fans only ever dream about. The Shankly pie at Homebaked was nice too, as was my walk right around the stadium. How Anfield has grown, and how it continues to grow. It's changed, but the soul is still there.

What has this got to do with Kenny Dalglish? Well flicking through the channels tonight I stumbled onto the start of the 'Kenny' documentary. The day had started off on a depressing note, but ended with me getting back in touch with what this club means to me. Kenny; what an absolutely amazing human being. What a player. What a man.

I'd seen the documentary before, but not for a long time. That right there is the club I remember and love. I don't think I realized just how big the disconnect between myself and the game had become until tonight. But watching 'Kenny' bridged the gap somewhat.

How could I ever walkaway from this club? Yes, the game is screwed. Times have changed. But the Liver Bird means as much to me today as it ever did. Maybe even more now. Seeing those players, those fans, Phil Scraton etc talking about our club and watching highlights of those games I was so lucky to be at. No, I can't leave it behind. Maybe I'll just have to do what I think Kenny himself seems to do; swerve the bullshit and keep it real.

A late night waffle by me I think, but I got goosebumps watching the documentary tonight. Liverpool always gave me goosebumps. Shankly did and still does. The Spion Kop does. Klopp does. Anfield does. Being at Wembley for Kenny's debut in the Charity Shield did. The "Dalglish!" chant always did.

I suppose it shows how a day can turn on its head. Down and despondent earlier this morning. Optimism tonight, despite all the modern age bullshit around the game.

Thanks Kenny. Again.

Great post. Thanks for that. My eternal memory will be Kenny jumping those boards at Wembley coming to celebrate with me in 78 (well I thought he was coming to me!). Will always be the King.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #339 on: July 14, 2023, 09:25:05 am »
Great post. Thanks for that. My eternal memory will be Kenny jumping those boards at Wembley coming to celebrate with me in 78 (well I thought he was coming to me!). Will always be the King.

I first saw Dalglish in his first home game against Newcastle. The last match I’d been to had seen Keegan playing a decisive role in winning the first of the six and I wondered how he could be replaced. That was answered that night.

And that picture I’d Rush, Souness and Dalglish. What would they be worth now? :o

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2023, 09:34:43 am »

Thanks Kenny. Again.

Brilliant Thanks SOS

Ive probably mentioned this 100 times on here but every time I got discharged from Alder Hey, Mum would take me to Melwood, There was always a welcome from the Boss and hed always mad sure my Mum got a brew

A giant of a man.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2023, 09:38:27 am »
It's been a weird day.

Great post. Kenny was way before my time, but i've grown up with videos of our European triumphs. For me Liverpool is about eulogising those triumphs and romanticising our history, even if the modern iteration is a far cry from days past. It's really hard to see how you can romanticise sportswashing, but we'll always have stacks of history to have pride in.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2023, 10:46:09 am »
There is a Holy Trinty.. Shanks, Bob and Kenny...each in their own way the three pillars of LFC.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2023, 04:15:05 pm »
I was asked recently who my favourite Liverpool player was and I suppose the expected answer was Mo or something because it was a shallow sort of conversation but I've been thinking of how legends take dirty money and even a player the caliber of Gerrard only really excelled as a player and like I dunno we are steeped in history and football now could use some acknowledgement of its past so yknow I answered it thinking of everything of all players just what was in my heart

So I answered Kenny Dalglish thinking of not only his play but his management and the weight he has carried and the grace with which he does everything and how he's totemic figure for our club beyond any easy comparison, I was not really around for his playing days, no fault of mine, but he's been such a presence for us, and I stand by the answer, it's true, how could it not be true?

Kenny Dalglish
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 04:19:03 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2023, 04:36:10 pm »
Kenny is more than just an outstanding player, or manager. He's an outstanding human being. He showed that during Hillsborough. He showed us all what his values are, especially compared to other players that some consider to be club legends.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2023, 05:08:18 pm »
Kenny is more than just an outstanding player, or manager. He's an outstanding human being. He showed that during Hillsborough. He showed us all what his values are, especially compared to other players that some consider to be club legends.

Spot on!

and Marina and Family

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2023, 05:13:13 pm »
Mates cousin had learning disabilities and died young with cancer. Marina visited her a lot in hozy. Her family didnt want to impose on her but she found out when funeral was and turned up.

A great man invariably has a great womam behind him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2023, 05:22:57 pm »
Mates cousin had learning disabilities and died young with cancer. Marina visited her a lot in hozy. Her family didnt want to impose on her but she found out when funeral was and turned up.

A great man invariably has a great womam behind him.

Absolutely, Marina has always been a inspiring character in her own right.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2023, 06:07:47 pm »
It's been a weird day.

Thanks Kenny. Again.

What an inspirational post mate. 

Such a simple thing to do to help clear your mind and put things into perspective is to visit spiritual places, whatever or wherever that might be.

A sanctuary of sorts, somewhere that feels safe, or feels like home, that brings back happy times and memories.

A reminder of who and why we are the person we've become and who influenced us to become them.

Thanks 👍

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2023, 09:31:01 pm »
Thanks to those who commented on my post. Yesterday was a bit of a watershed for me. Maybe I should get up to the ground even more often when it's in between games. It's a great place to just 'be'. It's pleasant too. Yes, the WBR side needs a tidy, and that will come, but the area around the Main Stand is lovely, as is the park which the new ARE backs right onto.

Kenny? Well we are privileged to have him in the LFC family. He and his family have been fantastic for this club and this city. He'll always be my favorite ever player of ours, and that's some feat given the wealth of genuine legends we've been lucky enough to have here.

In an era where it's so easy to become alienated from the game, it was refreshing for me yesterday to experience something and someone who moved me back closer to it again.  :)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2023, 09:50:46 pm »
It's been a weird day.
Just seen this. Not sure if the modern fan (or player) will appreciate its sentiments but I do.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2023, 09:59:25 pm »
Thanks to those who commented on my post. Yesterday was a bit of a watershed for me. Maybe I should get up to the ground even more often when it's in between games. It's a great place to just 'be'. It's pleasant too. Yes, the WBR side needs a tidy, and that will come, but the area around the Main Stand is lovely, as is the park which the new ARE backs right onto.

Kenny? Well we are privileged to have him in the LFC family. He and his family have been fantastic for this club and this city. He'll always be my favorite ever player of ours, and that's some feat given the wealth of genuine legends we've been lucky enough to have here.

In an era where it's so easy to become alienated from the game, it was refreshing for me yesterday to experience something and someone who moved me back closer to it again.  :)

Always like to read your posts SoS,was a bit shook too after yesterday's news and had to rearrange some things in my mind.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2023, 10:06:30 pm »
Watched that myself last night. What a lovely family
When I was stood in the Olympic Stadium in Rome in 77 seeing KK for the last time I thought we would never see or have a player as good again. Then along came Sir Kenny what a player, manager and great man we are so privileged.   
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2023, 11:14:39 pm »
Watched that myself last night. What a lovely family
When I was stood in the Olympic Stadium in Rome in 77 seeing KK for the last time I thought we would never see or have a player as good again. Then along came Sir Kenny what a player, manager and great man we are so privileged.   

I've seen Paisley say on a documentry saying that Kenny was coming us if Keegan stayed or not.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #354 on: July 15, 2023, 01:17:13 am »

Great post SOS. And that Kenny documentary is a great watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. It helps to show why there’s something special about this club and why it’s about more than just football.
Always get a pre match pie from Homebaked whenever we manage to get tickets too
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2023, 09:47:23 am »

Thanks Kenny. Again.

great post

and kenny will always be my top player - gerrard was number 2 but has fallen off that pedestal now

but the game has changed and now where there was passion and commitment there is money and profiteering

where once was loyalty and respect there is mercenary and indifference

but the club has never cheated the fans - the club is not a tangible thing, it's an ethos, a philosophy

no matter whoever buys our club they will never own it - they can't

when all these disloyal unethical players who lack morals have turned to dust the bricks that support the ground will still stand proud

it is fair to say that if saudi arabia was a fair free democratic country then we would be wishing stevie (and the others) all the best

we can only hope as that as we become a world more accepting of different cultures, ethnicities and sexualities then the beautiful game will evolve too and either force upon or change prejudicial attitudes of other nations and peoples

i made a post in another forum questioning how the bad guys could buy into and change our game to suit their own rules and agendas - the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - but we must cling on to hope, we need hope and we need more players, no, we need more people like sir king kenny
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: July 15, 2023, 11:42:22 am »

I hate the modern game now, I said on here the other day this will be my last season, BUT, I still get that buzz walking to the ground, then you come out of the concourse and look across that old ground and its like being home. My kids are getting to be a part of the LFC family, they've never experienced anything like the Kop, random strangers hugging them, backslapping etc - they say the Jota last minute v Spurs is the best experience they have had at the game.

Finances stopped me going in 2010, I then went again 4 years later and realised how much I'd missed it, which is why I'm back going a few times a season. While the matchgoers stay the same it'll be hard to not go, if the crowd changes, and we get more right wingers and tourists, then It'll be easy to walk away.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: July 15, 2023, 03:21:02 pm »
When i saw the thread bump i thought the feckin Saudi's had signed him up,phew!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #358 on: July 16, 2023, 11:12:18 am »
I hate the modern game now, I said on here the other day this will be my last season, BUT, I still get that buzz walking to the ground, then you come out of the concourse and look across that old ground and its like being home.

It is something if someone of your lineage is that close to stopping but I totally get it mate

Here I am wanting tickets again this season and I'd honestly give it my all. I've had that buzz and it's like nothing else on earth, when you're in a unified front and you're in a great mood walking to the ground and ideally even better one walking back  ;D

The game is so near done it isn't even funny and it's mad it's a valid choice but sod putting your lot in with tourists tories and bad chanters and the spooky fake day trippers who don't sing or celebrate but film it on their phones and turn to you to ask who is in what shirt

There is a hope for me of Liverpool being this lone bastion of goodwill and it is really difficult to believe in when we have great players selling themselves to blood-soaked regimes but there's a set of ideals here and my old man taught me about Shankly and Paisley well but the one icon that stands tall is Kenny and while he's at the club I still have some faith in it's direction

It's the boot room lineage he's a part of, that feeling of continiuty. You can't always see if t and lately for me it feels paper-thin but it was real and he encapsulates the success of it and we are absolutely steeped in history and that classic walk to the ground and the vibe you pick up can't be beat and the values we hold in our hearts informed by the actual legends we respect have to mean something

In a sorry way I think the brightest lights shine brightest in the darkest night and one of the brightest lights for our club is Kenny Dalglish
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 11:14:03 am by ToneLa »

Online Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2023, 09:40:04 pm »
Ignoring the why - sensational stat on Twitter that this season will be the first time since 1958 nobody in the team will have played with or been managed by Kenny.