Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1387871 times)

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #8240 on: September 18, 2021, 10:45:29 pm »
Shame about Milner taking his position though  ;D Gonna need to show up in training to get back in.....
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8241 on: September 18, 2021, 10:50:54 pm »
It can repeat, Al, just more mildly. Even two different strands can be caught together.
Also very likely he is vaccinated along with the rest of his teammates

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8242 on: September 18, 2021, 10:57:50 pm »
Also very likely he is vaccinated along with the rest of his teammates

Yep almost all Premier League players have had at least one jab. Confirmed cases of a double infection are extremely rare.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8243 on: September 18, 2021, 11:00:45 pm »
Yep almost all Premier League players have had at least one jab. Confirmed cases of a double infection are extremely rare.

Chester's manager had it mildly last year, caught it this year - to busy to be vaccinated - and ended up in ICU.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8244 on: September 18, 2021, 11:07:00 pm »
Jürgen Klopp: "We did not plan to leave Trent out. He did not feel well after breakfast. It is not Covid at least. You have to be sensible in these moments and send him home."

Probably had jelly and custard for breakfast. Our players need to take some tips from the pros at old Trafford.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8245 on: September 18, 2021, 11:10:07 pm »
Probably had jelly and custard for breakfast. Our players need to take some tips from the pros at old Trafford.

No no, 'custaaard'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8246 on: September 18, 2021, 11:15:11 pm »
Shame about Milner taking his position though  ;D Gonna need to show up in training to get back in.....
;D James is a beast to be fair. But can he do it twice a week at his age?  ;)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8247 on: September 18, 2021, 11:17:32 pm »
No no, 'custaaard'.

Custaaaaaard eaten (too) quickly.....

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8248 on: September 18, 2021, 11:32:21 pm »

I’m not disagreeing, but do you have a source for that?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8249 on: September 18, 2021, 11:39:40 pm »
Loosely recalled information, but double infections are said to be difficult to track because the second one leads to much weaker symptoms due to the immunity from the first one (which fades in time too). The best known cases are turning up nowadays with the delta variant infecting people having the alpha previously. And the data are just being verified. The first case in the US of a person having both alpha and delta variants was a woman who got them in February, but it the results came out just a couple of weeks ago. We'd know more in the future.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8250 on: September 18, 2021, 11:50:51 pm »
Loosely recalled information, but double infections are said to be difficult to track because the second one leads to much weaker symptoms due to the immunity from the first one (which fades in time too). The best known cases are turning up nowadays with the delta variant infecting people having the alpha previously. And the data are just being verified. The first case in the US of a person having both alpha and delta variants was a woman who got them in February, but it the results came out just a couple of weeks ago. We'd know more in the future.

Al probably means that severe symptoms from doubles cases are rare then?

My brother had both jabs then caught Covid. Not the only person I know of either. I know anecdotal evidence isn’t sound, but it counters the rarity of jabbed people catching covid (which I’ve inferred were included due to jabs being mentioned in the same statement) if I know of people from a small sample size. Unless I happen to know a lot of the rare cases, which would be unlikely.

Not disagreeing as I’ve not looked up the data to be honest.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8251 on: September 18, 2021, 11:56:04 pm »

The data is incomplete.

The issue is that people shed the virus at different rates depending on the severity of the infection. People who have a severe infection potentially test positive long after people who have a mild infection.

A lot of supposed reinfections are due to people still shedding the virus. They haven't got COVID but still test positive a second time.

This is a good source.

https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500114-197467/what-is-the-duration-of-viral-shedding-in-persons-with-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8252 on: September 18, 2021, 11:56:30 pm »
Al probably means that severe symptoms from doubles cases are rare then?

My brother had both jabs then caught Covid. Not the only person I know of either. I know anecdotal evidence isn’t sound, but it counters the rarity of jabbed people catching covid (which I’ve inferred were included due to jabs being mentioned in the same statement) if I know of people from a small sample size. Unless I happen to know a lot of the rare cases, which would be unlikely.

Not disagreeing as I’ve not looked up the data to be honest.
Being fully vaccinated and catching Covid is not that rare, especially with the delta variant around (1200 times the viral load of the alpha). I also know personally quite a few cases. It's only that you don't develop strong symptoms. But for footballers, who run themselves to exhaustion, that may have different consequences altogether...

Anyway, good that Trent doesn't have Covid, if true.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8253 on: September 19, 2021, 12:01:47 am »

Professional footballers are probably the perfect subset though. They are tested so often that the possibility of shedding leading to a false positive are greatly reduced.

Trent will have gained immunity from his first infection, plus he will almost certainly have been double jabbed. The chances of a reinfection are probably about the same as Everton winning the League.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8254 on: September 19, 2021, 12:03:29 am »
The data is incomplete.

The issue is that people shed the virus at different rates depending on the severity of the infection. People who have a severe infection potentially test positive long after people who have a mild infection.

A lot of supposed reinfections are due to people still shedding the virus. They haven't got COVID but still test positive a second time.

This is a good source.

https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500114-197467/what-is-the-duration-of-viral-shedding-in-persons-with-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19

My brother didn’t have many symptoms other than feeling tired. He only had a test just to make sure so he didn’t infect anyone at work.
The jab doesn’t really stop us being infected, it helps our immune system fight it. It’s still unclear whether the vaccine affects transmission as vaccinated people could still infect others, which is probably why we’re still seeing high daily cases (and why I still wear a mask).

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #8255 on: September 20, 2021, 02:18:48 am »
Just saw this advert:

Trent has had a promotion. He's not just Liverpools Right Back he is now...

Global Football Star

18 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZFcYXs8Q8
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8256 on: September 20, 2021, 02:26:52 am »
One cannot confirm that one "does not have Covid" at that instance.
Incubation is 14 days. So the instantaneous test is only good at that point in time.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8257 on: September 20, 2021, 02:45:35 am »
Just saw this advert:

Trent has had a promotion. He's not just Liverpools Right Back he is now...

Global Football Star

18 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNZFcYXs8Q8

Nice one  :scarf

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8258 on: September 20, 2021, 07:33:26 am »
Why are people mentioning COVID when the club have already said it’s nothing to do with that?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8259 on: September 20, 2021, 07:39:14 am »
Why are people mentioning COVID when the club have already said it’s nothing to do with that?

I agree, if that was the case, the whole squad would be quarantined. Official site mentioned he fell ill after breakfast on Saturday.

James Milner found out he would be playing right-back on Saturday just a matter of hours before kick-off.

When Trent Alexander-Arnold, who was set to feature from his usual position, fell ill after breakfast, Milner was called upon to deputise in a defence that was completely changed from the preceding win over AC Milan.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/443971-talking-points-keita-s-stunner-a-wow-for-milner-and-many-milestones

I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8260 on: September 25, 2021, 07:45:00 pm »
What has happened to his free-kicks?

There was a time where I’d feel very confident we’d score when we had a free kick in a dangerous position and he was stood over it. I had the same feeling with Gerrard, Suarez, Coutinho. His one just before half time was in a perfect position. He doesn’t look dangerous at all now. I’d consider giving someone else a go.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #8261 on: September 25, 2021, 07:48:01 pm »
he's just shite at them, nothing's really happened, he gets one a game and puts it over the bar. Shaqiri in his time here was way more deadlier from dead ball situations. The corners are just as bad at the moment from him and Robertson. In contrast every time Tsimikas is about to take a corner, I feel like we'll score
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 07:52:45 pm by scatman »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8262 on: September 25, 2021, 07:50:02 pm »
Maybe he hasn't been focusing on that side of his game, I mean I'd be surprised if he hasn't but maybe with all the chat about not defending well he's prioritising other aspects.

But yeah the thought crosses my mind more as the games go on, he hasn't really threatened from a free kick in a while. Saying that though I'm not sure we've got anybody else..

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #8263 on: September 25, 2021, 07:50:32 pm »
Not sure he can be criticized for his free kicks. I never really expect him to score. Simply put he's just not that good of a free kick taker. Gerrard, Alonso, Coutinho, Suarez. Those were good free kick takers. I'm pretty sure if Mo had taken the same number of free kicks over the previous 2-3 seasons as Trent he'd have as many goals if not more.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8264 on: September 25, 2021, 07:53:32 pm »
He just came back from an illness. His crossing was not per his usual standard. But we dopn't have another RB option, maybe Gomez only.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8265 on: September 25, 2021, 07:56:54 pm »
Not sure he can be criticized for his free kicks. I never really expect him to score. Simply put he's just not that good of a free kick taker. Gerrard, Alonso, Coutinho, Suarez. Those were good free kick takers. I'm pretty sure if Mo had taken the same number of free kicks over the previous 2-3 seasons as Trent he'd have as many goals if not more.

How is Alonso in this conversation? He's scored a handful of free kicks in his career, similar to Trent.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #8266 on: September 25, 2021, 08:03:20 pm »
All three goals came at our back post.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8267 on: September 25, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »
I think I know how to help him.

His corner kicks go straight to the first man, and his free-kicks go high over the bar.

So why not tell him to pretend he's taking a free-kick when he goes to the the corner flag, and to pretend he's taking a corner when he goes to take a free kick?

Voila - problem solved.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8268 on: September 25, 2021, 08:07:33 pm »
All three goals came at our back post.
You realize that he was one against three for their third goal, right? Where were Hendo and Salah to cover?

I can't fault him for either of the three goals, to be honest.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8269 on: September 25, 2021, 08:07:50 pm »
I think I know how to help him.

His corner kicks go straight to the first man, and his free-kicks go high over the bar.

So why not tell him to pretend he's taking a free-kick when he goes to the the corner flag, and to pretend he's taking a corner when he goes to take a free kick?

Voila - problem solved.

To be fair we have two corner plans: Plan A hit the first man; Plan B balloon it over everybody.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8270 on: September 25, 2021, 08:15:54 pm »
The right back should never be 3 on one with the opposing attack. What were Virgil and Joel doing today? The whole defence was absolutely shambolic and they hung Trent out to dry.

But I agree on the free kicks to a certain extent. The ones that are just on the edge of the box should probably go to Salah. Otherwise, change it up every now and then: Salah takes one then Trent takes the next one. Make it interesting and competitive.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8271 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:09 pm »
He just came back from an illness. His crossing was not per his usual standard. But we dopn't have another RB option, maybe Gomez only.

Hasn't Milner also been used as RB, I would prefer to see Gomez be given more games at CB.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8272 on: September 25, 2021, 08:20:54 pm »
Hasn't Milner also been used as RB, I would prefer to see Gomez be given more games at CB.
Yes, but Milner is also needed in MF... We are opening a gaping hole there with games every 3 days. Fab, Hendo and Curtis can't play every game...

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8273 on: September 25, 2021, 08:29:59 pm »
Yes, but Milner is also needed in MF... We are opening a gaping hole there with games every 3 days. Fab, Hendo and Curtis can't play every game...

We also have Chamberlain and hopefully Keita will be back as well.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8274 on: September 25, 2021, 08:31:24 pm »
We also have Chamberlain and hopefully Keita will be back as well.
Keita, yes, if (or when) he recovers, but Ox? What has he done this season to show merit?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8275 on: September 25, 2021, 08:33:52 pm »
Keita, yes, if (or when) he recovers, but Ox? What has he done this season to show merit?

We will need everyone in the squad if we want to compete for the competitions. While his form has been patchy since coming back, there is no way he won't still be used and we have to hope he finds some more form, especially while Thiago is out.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8276 on: September 25, 2021, 08:34:49 pm »
Didn’t seem to be overlapping today. Was going infield a lot more, seemed odd. Didn’t open it up for Salah as much.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8277 on: September 25, 2021, 08:37:10 pm »
We will need everyone in the squad if we want to compete for the competitions. While his form has been patchy since coming back, there is no way he won't still be used and we have to hope he finds some more form, especially while Thiago is out.
Oh, they will all be used for the benefit of the whole team, I agree. But we have Porto and City next, and gaps are showing. I don't think tat Ox will play a part unless either game is secured, and I don't know of Keita will recover in time.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8278 on: September 25, 2021, 09:41:28 pm »

Are there any top free kick takers in the PL these days? I mean Ward-Prowse is pretty good but apart from him I can't think anyone. Ward-Prowse would only be a squad player for us.

Don't recall Alonso scoring too many but the other three were exceptional especially Coutinho who then decides to join a team in Barcelona where he was never take them at least while Messi was there and bizarrely Neymar took them ahead him for Brazil.     
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8279 on: September 26, 2021, 02:56:13 am »
To be fair we have two corner plans: Plan A hit the first man; Plan B balloon it over everybody.
Plan C get Kostas to take them
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D