The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Martin Skrtel

<< < (11/11)

jackh:

--- Quote from: bird_lfc on January 13, 2021, 11:28:15 am ---Contracted terminated after a potential serious injury. Could be retirement for the big man

--- End quote ---

Sad way for his career to end, if so.

Played a lot of football for us during a turbulent period for the club, and became a mainstay on a couple of occasions.  Not sure how many times he played alongside Daniel Agger, but that felt like a partnership we perhaps didn't see as often we'd have liked over the years.

He contributed a fantastic 7 goals during that 2013-14 title 'challenge'.  I'll always remember, just as that second half of the season run was taking off, arriving to the pub a little late to meet my parents to watch the home tie against Arsenal - I wasn't expecting to have missed much...certainly didn't expect to have missed a Martin Skrtel brace!

Jwils21:

--- Quote from: bird_lfc on January 13, 2021, 11:28:15 am ---Contracted terminated after a potential serious injury. Could be retirement for the big man

--- End quote ---

Potential ruptured Achilles at the age of 36 isn't good, but he's responded to a SportsMail article about his retirement with "No F*cking Way!" so it's good to see he's still the mad hardcase we knew and loved here  ;D

319 games and 18 goals is some going. Nearly 100 appearances more than Danny Agger.

PIPA23:
Skrtel had debut today for Trnava in Slovak league..

PIPA23:
Will retire on Saturday after helping his boyhood club FC Spartak Trnava win the Slovak cup this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfgVEb70W9I

Jon2lfc:
He looks so much better with hair.
Don't know why he opted for the bald look for so many years.
Maybe he wanted to look like a 'hard man' - because he certainly wasn't one.
Very similar hair trajectory as Paul Konchesky  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version