Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3534996 times)

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #23240 on: September 26, 2021, 11:51:49 pm »
It's really a lovely kit that yellow one. I'm glad they weren't boring and gave us something unique.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23241 on: September 27, 2021, 12:09:55 am »
I swear the last few seasons Liverpool have played in their third kits far more than their actual away kits. Last year it seemed we wore our black checkered shirt far more than the 'blue' away shirt, whilst the season before we seemed to wear our black and aqua third shirt far more than our white away one. Could just be my imagination, mind

What happened to that trend we had in 2012/13 where we would play QPR for example away, and we wouldn’t wear red despite no kit clash, to promote the away shirt.

Feels like FSG done away with that after one season, and didn’t make it past the warrior days.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23242 on: September 27, 2021, 07:39:14 am »
What happened to that trend we had in 2012/13 where we would play QPR for example away, and we wouldn’t wear red despite no kit clash, to promote the away shirt.

Feels like FSG done away with that after one season, and didn’t make it past the warrior days.

Not sure. I was going to say maybe there weren’t as many sides who wired red in the league back then and we had to wear it a certain number of times but just looked and Sunderland and Stoke were in it back then, along with all the usual suspects plus Villa and West Ham so that can’t be it. We also wore that purple one at Villa when Suarez got one of his hat tricks.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #23243 on: September 27, 2021, 10:56:09 am »
When we play Watford away we should do the yellow top, away shorts and home socks as an 'Homage' to the '80s mashups.

Get John Wark in midfield, sorted easy three points.

https://museumofjerseys.com/2017/03/29/midweek-mashup-liverpool-1983-1984-and-1985/

They probably won't,  football clubs are no fun these days.  >:(

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23244 on: September 27, 2021, 11:24:55 am »
Proper Liverpool it may be but there are no particularly good memories in yellow kits for us since the 70s and 80s.

We wore a yellow away a couple of times in the 2004/05 European Cup campaign tbf, and in the Treble season.

So isn't that the only good memories since the 80's?!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23245 on: September 27, 2021, 05:18:54 pm »
It's really a lovely kit that yellow one. I'm glad they weren't boring and gave us something unique.
Yeah, it's also very simple and clean looking too. When you see it on certain players, it looks sharp.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23246 on: September 27, 2021, 05:21:43 pm »
We wore a yellow away a couple of times in the 2004/05 European Cup campaign tbf, and in the Treble season.

So isn't that the only good memories since the 80's?!

the treble season wasn't tradtional, it was yellow and navy[or whatever the shade of blue was]. The 04/05 season, mostly all the good memories are us in Red [the only one that stands out is our win against Leverkusen away].

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23247 on: September 27, 2021, 05:24:07 pm »

the treble season wasn't tradtional, it was yellow and navy[or whatever the shade of blue was]. The 04/05 season, mostly all the good memories are us in Red [the only one that stands out is our win against Leverkusen away].

And Charlton away with Morientes scoring a cracker on his debut. Maybe that was just me. :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23248 on: September 27, 2021, 05:28:05 pm »
And Charlton away with Morientes scoring a cracker on his debut. Maybe that was just me. :D

Traore's Zidane esque turn into his own goal overshadows it for me still  ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #23249 on: September 27, 2021, 06:04:11 pm »
The yellow peril looked absolutely fuckin boss on the players...the highlight of the game
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #23250 on: September 27, 2021, 06:40:25 pm »
Still not completely into the chequered pattern on the neck & cuffs, but from a distance it's a brilliant kit.  The shade of yellow is lovely, and I think going all yellow it much better than some of the occasions in the 90s and 00s when we had black any navy shorts.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23251 on: September 27, 2021, 06:41:33 pm »
Still going over my head

Watch LA Confidential. It's one of the best films of all time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23252 on: September 27, 2021, 08:32:37 pm »
Watch LA Confidential. It's one of the best films of all time.

Cheers
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #23253 on: September 28, 2021, 09:43:31 am »
It's not so much individual performances in our previous All-Yellow kits that give me that warm feeling inside.
It's the fact that yellow is quite tied up in our modern heritage.
It's like when you see our old Wembley end on the telly, you could tell it was our end [not just cos of the flags if they were present] because of the colours - red, white and yellow.

Other clubs/ends had just a sea of red and white - like Arsenal, Bristol City et al.

Man U had red, white n black.

So the yellow in ours made us even more unique. And that's one of the main reasons I like it.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #23254 on: September 28, 2021, 10:46:52 am »
The yellow away kit looks well better in person on the players than the press release of pictures to be fair.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23255 on: October 8, 2021, 09:51:41 am »
Show this to Alisson and he'll be pushing for a move to Newcastle

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/10/liverpool-22-23-goalkeeper-kit.html

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23256 on: October 8, 2021, 10:17:57 am »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23257 on: October 8, 2021, 10:21:27 am »
Always liked the Phantom
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23258 on: October 8, 2021, 10:32:55 am »
I love the colours, but the weird tie dye bit ruins it. Ah well, Ali will still look awesome in it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23259 on: October 8, 2021, 07:18:04 pm »
It looks like a wetsuit that's had bleach spilled on it.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23260 on: October 8, 2021, 11:23:53 pm »
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #23261 on: October 8, 2021, 11:34:55 pm »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #23262 on: October 9, 2021, 01:33:40 pm »
Show this to Alisson and he'll be pushing for a move to Newcastle

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/10/liverpool-22-23-goalkeeper-kit.html

Fucking hell, if that's real, I'll be moving to Newcastle too  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #23263 on: October 9, 2021, 01:46:24 pm »
It actually reminds me of an old Newcastle top so maybe that's their thinking ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #23264 on: October 9, 2021, 01:46:59 pm »
Is it some sort of running joke on here now where people lose their minds over some terrible quality image a few years in advance only to say it looks smart on the players. You'd think people would learn.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23265 on: October 11, 2021, 10:49:15 am »
20%-30% off the LFC site ends today, by the way.
YNWA.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #23266 on: October 14, 2021, 10:34:31 am »
20%-30% off the LFC site ends today, by the way.

Got myself a pair of joggers and a drill top from the sale, with the added 30% member discount it's not bad at all. £17.50 (from £59.95) for the joggers and £31.50 for the top (from £94.95).

I'll take that.

Best time to get any official gear.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23267 on: October 15, 2021, 11:37:23 am »
What was meant to be the away kit will apparently be the third kit. It looks worse with each mock up.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/10/exclusive-liverpool-22-23-third-kit.html

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23268 on: October 15, 2021, 11:51:45 am »
What was meant to be the away kit will apparently be the third kit. It looks worse with each mock up.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/10/exclusive-liverpool-22-23-third-kit.html

No way that's a real jersey. It would wreck any TV vision.

Also, if you stare at it real close and then step back you can see the hidden unicorn.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #23269 on: October 15, 2021, 12:06:14 pm »

Also, if you stare at it real close and then step back you can see the hidden unicorn.
:lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23270 on: October 15, 2021, 12:10:29 pm »

Imagine hiding a new signing in a magic eye picture. I think you're on to something there.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #23271 on: October 24, 2021, 07:41:52 pm »
How good does that away shirt look though  8)

Then again we could have beaten Utd wearing bin bags today.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23272 on: October 24, 2021, 07:58:47 pm »
Best Liverpool debut since Paddy Burger away at Leicester.

Offline Gogeqac

• Main Stander
  • Ohhh ya beauty!
« Reply #23273 on: November 8, 2021, 09:09:58 am »
That away kit is one of the best of the last 10 years. Simply beautiful. And it gets even better when you see players wearing it
YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23274 on: November 8, 2021, 11:36:22 pm »
That away kit is one of the best of the last 10 years. Simply beautiful. And it gets even better when you see players wearing it
I agree with you.

And the one at the start of the 10 year period you mentioned is also a beauty:

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #23275 on: November 9, 2021, 12:09:19 am »
I agree with you.

And the one at the start of the 10 year period you mentioned is also a beauty:

Anyone else get this for £5 from Sports Direct on the day of the Carling Cup final 2012?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #23276 on: November 9, 2021, 10:08:38 am »

Yep agreed it looks quality. Very smart indeed. The 5-0 at Old Trafford has pretty much cemented it as a kit to remember, regardless of whatever else may happen this season.

The Red and Yellow kit on the other hand, is objectively awful no matter what we may do in it this season. The collar and trimmings are just beyond redemption.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2021, 10:11:01 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23277 on: November 9, 2021, 11:00:33 am »
The Red and Yellow kit on the other hand, is objectively awful no matter what we may do in it this season. The collar and trimmings are just beyond redemption.
I dunno, I think it looks lovely. The perfect counterfoil to our all-red home..

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #23278 on: November 10, 2021, 03:34:49 am »
I dunno, I think it looks lovely. The perfect counterfoil to our all-red home..

I agree. It's a proper Liverpool Yellow. I really don't get the criticism of it.But each to their own.

Both away kits this season are boss!
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23279 on: November 10, 2021, 08:39:43 am »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/11/premier-league-block-request-of-home.html

Not 'new' kit related, but kit related.

This would have been really good to see as a one-off, imagine Liverpool all in yellow against Leeds all in navy, and all for a good cause. But as always the Premier League know best  ::)