Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3300173 times)

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #26280 on: November 9, 2021, 11:36:07 am »
Really glad Liverpool don’t lose very often. Today’s main show veered towards a huge winge at times - particularly from one contributor. Too many sweeping criticisms shoehorned into the match analysis that weren’t all fair really. I get we’re upset but possibly over doing the negatives.

That said, The Review was far more interesting.

not listened to any post game chat this week. The review is always a better listen, based on researched facts rather than emotion

not sure why you wont name the negative contributor 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #26281 on: November 9, 2021, 01:27:43 pm »
No it wasn't Guttman.

It was Adam Smith, who apart from having a pop at Trent, Robertson, Ox, Origi, Klopp and our mentality, was quite positive I thought.

Guttman was the voice of reason on the Monday show ;D

Adam Smith clearly feeling it, but came out with some complete crap.
:D

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26282 on: November 9, 2021, 01:56:18 pm »
It was Adam Smith, who apart from having a pop at Trent, Robertson, Ox, Origi, Klopp and our mentality, was quite positive I thought.

I might be alone in this but I struggle to listen to Adam Smith. Just gives off a bit of a negative vibe generally, even when it's not football related, always calling people gobshites or criticising their answers on AFQ etc.

I can imagine other people find him funny though.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26283 on: November 9, 2021, 04:50:30 pm »
Opinions ay, I think Adam is a superb contributor, I rarely disagree with him.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26284 on: November 9, 2021, 05:04:42 pm »
I didnt think Adam was that bad, Ive heard more OTT reactions
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #26285 on: November 9, 2021, 05:17:12 pm »

Likewise. Typically very reasoned, well balanced analysis from him, in my view.

He's probably the one more than any other I find myself nodding along to.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26286 on: November 9, 2021, 08:04:10 pm »

I got round to it this afternoon, agree completely

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26287 on: November 9, 2021, 08:08:03 pm »

I don’t want to sound like Louis Walsh (I do) but I think he’s a great host on AFQ, he’s made that show his own. Taking the mickey out of some of the answers is quite funny, he’s not mean spirited with it.

Haven’t listened to the Monday show or Review yet. Can’t quite stomach it yet, will wait til the international week boredom really kicks in.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #26288 on: November 9, 2021, 09:12:31 pm »
I don’t want to sound like Louis Walsh (I do) but I think he’s a great host on AFQ, he’s made that show his own. Taking the mickey out of some of the answers is quite funny, he’s not mean spirited with it.

Haven’t listened to the Monday show or Review yet. Can’t quite stomach it yet, will wait til the international week boredom really kicks in.

Yeah. Can't be arsed with it all at the mo. Still not happy. Not in the mood. Gonna brood for a bit. Wipe the slate clean Monday morning I think. Put it to bed. Look forward. The Arse...
« Last Edit: November 9, 2021, 09:14:58 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26289 on: November 10, 2021, 08:54:04 am »
No it wasn't Guttman.

Yeah...everything was overdone in terms of these 'problems'. The Klopp stuff was bizarre given..well...the fact that he's a genius and we've won the lot and we've lost once in 7 months. Bit tantrummy.

When it comes to TAW, I really notice it when it gets a bit too emotional and kneejerk as it's usually the complete opposite which is why I like it so much. I actually think Neil chaired the discussion really well.

That said, I do have huge issues when anybody dares to criticise Klopp. That's probably more my own problem. I just think it's kind of glib and wilfully edgy to say "the manager had a bad day"; when the reality is that a football match is a series of moving parts that are not all controllable and things can get away from you due to events. I think Sunday was broadly poor all round but had two decisions gone Liverpool's way in the opening 8 minutes we'd all be talking very differently right now. It's often marginal stuff.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26290 on: November 10, 2021, 09:39:32 am »

Yeah hes very good on that AFQ format.

I couldn't stomach any post match stuff either, listened yesterday found it quite therapeutic

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26291 on: November 10, 2021, 03:23:27 pm »
just listened to Desert Island goals with Robbo

Absolutely amazing - not often ill agree with almost everything someone says

Best podcast Ive listened to in a while

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26292 on: November 10, 2021, 04:03:03 pm »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26293 on: November 10, 2021, 05:45:47 pm »
Good man Damian. Have chatted to him a couple of times in the boozer after games. Top fella!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #26294 on: November 10, 2021, 07:24:16 pm »
Good man Damian. Have chatted to him a couple of times in the boozer after games. Top fella!
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, he’s simply head and shoulders the best contributor on TAW. It always brings a smile to my face when he’s on the podcast and that is a lovely video. Well in Damian.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:43:18 pm by BobPaisley3 »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26295 on: November 10, 2021, 07:59:31 pm »
Quality that. Damian and Mike will need their own show to talk about their friendship with Mo.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26296 on: November 10, 2021, 08:10:20 pm »
Yeah...everything was overdone in terms of these 'problems'. The Klopp stuff was bizarre given..well...the fact that he's a genius and we've won the lot and we've lost once in 7 months. Bit tantrummy.

When it comes to TAW, I really notice it when it gets a bit too emotional and kneejerk as it's usually the complete opposite which is why I like it so much. I actually think Neil chaired the discussion really well.

That said, I do have huge issues when anybody dares to criticise Klopp. That's probably more my own problem. I just think it's kind of glib and wilfully edgy to say "the manager had a bad day"; when the reality is that a football match is a series of moving parts that are not all controllable and things can get away from you due to events. I think Sunday was broadly poor all round but had two decisions gone Liverpool's way in the opening 8 minutes we'd all be talking very differently right now. It's often marginal stuff.

Agree with most of that. I. too, sometimes bite when they go on about the boss. Some of them took a while longer to be all in on him and the odd snipe but that's okay. I'll have a listen, see who's sniping...

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #26297 on: November 10, 2021, 08:26:53 pm »

I didn’t agree with Adam but didn’t think his opinion on Monday’s show was OTT. Maybe I was expecting much worse based on what I read in here.

Overall I like Adam Smith as a contributor but more so as a host. I think hosting TAW shows is probably quite difficult. Probably a lot more so than it may appear.  Neil is a master at it. I actually think Andy H is great 1-on-1 interviews, as is Josh. Gareth excellent. IMO Adam, in terms of quality, is closer as a presenter to those 4 than some of the others.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26298 on: November 10, 2021, 08:55:01 pm »
I didn’t agree with Adam but didn’t think his opinion on Monday’s show was OTT. Maybe I was expecting much worse based on what I read in here.

Overall I like Adam Smith as a contributor but more so as a host. I think hosting TAW shows is probably quite difficult. Probably a lot more so than it may appear.  Neil is a master at it. I actually think Andy H is great 1-on-1 interviews, as is Josh. Gareth excellent. IMO Adam, in terms of quality, is closer as a presenter to those 4 than some of the others.

And Guttman, of course. Ben Johnno worth the entrance fee alone, and what abah Mo? Top drawer. They bat deep, like

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #26299 on: November 10, 2021, 08:59:11 pm »
DIG was great, two of TAW's best having a chat.

Agree with Guttman on the Edwards show, there's more than meets the eye. I trust the succession though.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26300 on: November 11, 2021, 08:51:36 am »
just listened to Desert Island goals with Robbo

Absolutely amazing - not often ill agree with almost everything someone says

Best podcast Ive listened to in a while

Yeah, took me back to my early days of going. I went to that Notts County game he mentioned. Think it was midweek, late in the season. Pretty sure Barry Vennison actually scored so it must have been down to the cheer he got pre match off Robbo’s date. :D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26301 on: November 11, 2021, 08:58:43 am »
Agree with most of that. I. too, sometimes bite when they go on about the boss. Some of them took a while longer to be all in on him and the odd snipe but that's okay. I'll have a listen, see who's sniping...
Yeah, I should say that I think that TAW is very much pro-Klopp. Apart from the odd comment and a weird pod just after Coutinho left (a strange chat about not really rating Klopp from a couple of folk), there coverage is usually very supportive of the manager and his decisions.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26302 on: November 11, 2021, 09:25:37 am »
Yeah, took me back to my early days of going. I went to that Notts County game he mentioned. Think it was midweek, late in the season. Pretty sure Barry Vennison actually scored so it must have been down to the cheer he got pre match off Robbo’s date. :D

The horrible multi coloured seats and the yay after every player announcement brought a lump to the throat

I also miss the unique goalie introduction

number one in goal Bruce Grobbelaar

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #26303 on: November 11, 2021, 10:00:38 am »
And Guttman, of course. Ben Johnno worth the entrance fee alone, and what abah Mo? Top drawer. They bat deep, like

Yeah I agree.

Really like all 3 but more so as contributors rather than host on shows.

Let’s be honest the bar is set pretty high by TAW in terms of quality of contribution and hosting. We’ll all have our favourites and maybe contributors we like less so. I’m the same in the regard though there’s only 1 or 2 contributors I struggle with.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26304 on: November 11, 2021, 10:14:48 am »
The horrible multi coloured seats and the yay after every player announcement brought a lump to the throat

I also miss the unique goalie introduction

number one in goal Bruce Grobbelaar

My first ever game was in those multi coloured seats. And y first ever win, I stood on the seat to watch Gary Gillespie score a penalty to get his hat trick and my leg fell through the back of it and I thought I was stuck there forever. :D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26305 on: November 11, 2021, 11:24:20 am »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26306 on: November 11, 2021, 11:28:26 am »
Found this. Amazing really eh? https://soundcloud.com/theanfieldwrap/the-anfield-wrap-podcast-pilot

"I don't see how they can justify spending £18million on Jordan Henderson" :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26307 on: November 11, 2021, 11:32:09 am »
"I don't see how they can justify spending £18million on Jordan Henderson" :D

Had to google who the Jones was they were referring to, turns out its Phil  ;D ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26308 on: November 11, 2021, 12:14:30 pm »
I've heard the pilot before. I love it.

Given the time it was released, there was not really an establish format and tone for fan-led media. We're now in an era where it's everywhere and all-consuming; where hot takes and whoppery are the currency for clicks, follows and listens. This is why TAW is exceptional. It emerged organically from a set of interested individuals who had a voice and something worth saying but were authentic from the out-set.

The real achievement is that they've grown and thrived in a congested marketplace where being a complete tool is the 'easy' way of doing it.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26309 on: November 12, 2021, 04:19:36 pm »
My first ever game was in those multi coloured seats. And y first ever win, I stood on the seat to watch Gary Gillespie score a penalty to get his hat trick and my leg fell through the back of it and I thought I was stuck there forever. :D

Coventry or Birmingham right

It was at the rainbow end too

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26310 on: November 12, 2021, 05:22:42 pm »
Coventry or Birmingham right

It was at the rainbow end too

Yeah Birmingham. With a very young David Seaman in goal I think.

Online BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #26311 on: November 13, 2021, 08:19:10 am »
Yeah Birmingham. With a very young David Seaman in goal I think.

Yep, and the Gillespie penalty was conceded by a young Julian Dicks.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26312 on: November 13, 2021, 09:33:33 am »

rawk - the gift that keeps on giving - cheers lads didnt know that

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26313 on: November 13, 2021, 10:12:54 am »

Ha, the warning signs were there from an early stage!

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26314 on: November 17, 2021, 02:21:15 am »
Just wanted to say loved the little film with Damian and Mo. I really love Damian's contributions to TAW, he's always grounded in the history of what he has seen, and measured, yet generous, in his words. I find his calm really reassuring to be honest. Anyway, lovely little surprise for him, so well in for TAW (Gibbo?) for arranging.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26315 on: November 17, 2021, 02:31:38 am »
^ Yes - Just seen that on Youtube - Fantastic

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #26316 on: November 19, 2021, 11:06:49 am »
Any of you have instagram accounts?. John's just had a 13 year old lad on the weekender, who has his own instagram account and he sounded chuffed that he'd had 200 and something views. I bet we could push that up for him. Let's all go in (I'll get my kids to) and give him a like and subscribe. footballwithben it seemed to be called.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26317 on: November 19, 2021, 02:19:07 pm »
Just wanted to say loved the little film with Damian and Mo. I really love Damian's contributions to TAW, he's always grounded in the history of what he has seen, and measured, yet generous, in his words. I find his calm really reassuring to be honest. Anyway, lovely little surprise for him, so well in for TAW (Gibbo?) for arranging.

Absolutely. Damian is a gem, always a pleasure to listen to!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26318 on: November 21, 2021, 02:22:54 am »
Great Pink  ;D

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26319 on: November 22, 2021, 09:01:29 am »
Some lovely Twitter content over the weekend from John Gibbons - killing the karaoke. Is this what happens when Neil isn't around? :)