Author Topic: Ex-players in the media.  (Read 13967 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ex-players in the media.
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:32 pm »
Souness is quite good to be fair to him. Sticks up for us when it boils down to it, but deep down has some serious questions in his mind that he, by and large, keeps quiet. Usually because he knows he's talking to ill-formed uneducated twats like Keys and Wilkins.

Redknapp is the mother of all snivelling wretched cocksucking pricks. I can't fucking stand him. He's learned football from Sky's guidebook and his arguments are pathetic. But he's got a pretty face and doesn't cause too much controversy so he's perfect for them. McManaman isn't too far behind, although I've never particularly liked him.

Hansen is easily the best pundit out of all our ex-players though.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2008, 12:23:27 pm »
The way Redknapp goes on about Ronaldo is just cringe worthy. Hes totally fucking in love with him. Big gay
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »

What has happened to Ian St. John?

I enjoyed reading his rants about GH at the end of GH's reign.
I thought it was entertaining.

yeah. in the end he couldn't even bring himself to mention his name. just ended up referring to him as "the frenchman".

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »
Made a point of listening to 5live tonight for commentary on the Leeds game. To be fairStan Collymore is one of the best live pundits that there and has been for a long time. Top stuff Stan!!!
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline Camina Camina

• Legacy Fan
  • Venga Chico's
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2008, 11:05:21 pm »
Made a point of listening to 5live tonight for commentary on the Leeds game. To be fairStan Collymore is one of the best live pundits that there and has been for a long time. Top stuff Stan!!!

I have been banging that drum for a while, as long you don't get him started on Torres and rotation he is a very sound lad, nice to see him getting his life back on track.

Just hope the Beeb have the bollocks to promote him onto MoTD, he will shake things up a bit, I think Lineker and co have got a bit lazy and that is the main reason the show has got a bit stale, Collymore would be a breath of fresh air.

(Nice choice of avatar BTW)
Borussia Park, Sud Tribune, Block 4 Rechts, Reihe 24, Platz 9

Tor in Gladbach!

Offline Crazyhorse7778

• Legacy Fan
  • VICTORY!!!
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2008, 11:49:14 am »
Ronnie Whelan: "Sack Rafa"

In Liverpool legend Ronnie Whelan's opinion, Rafa Benitez is NOT the right man to take the club forward and guide us to our long-awaited 19th league championship.

And wait for it, the man he wants to see take the top job at Anfield is none other than the 'ever-popular on Merseyside' Portuguese manager, Jose Mourinho. Hmmm, with my index finger raised to my lips, I say Ronnie shhhhhhhh.

The ex-Republic of Ireland international who played for the Reds from 1981 until 1994 believes the fact that Rafa has not delivered a trophy this season signifies a time for change. Really Ron?

Talking to Gulf News (don't ask me why?), he said:

"Everything needs to be looked at now. We don't know if the American owners will be there next season or if the Dubai group [Dubai International Capital] will be the new owners.

"Whoever is there will need to decide if they have confidence in Rafa. Personally I don't.

"I doubt the supporters will mind who the owner of the club is as long as they are winning trophies. If they give money to the manager and the manager spends it wisely, that's all the fans care about.

"I think Mourinho would be very good. Look at the players that he brought to Chelsea. He spent the same amount of money that Rafa did and those players are in the Champions League final now.

"He might be a bit unpopular with some people, but if your team is winning, you don't care if a few people don't like your manager."

Oh dear. I don't think any real Red worth his salt would wilfully accept Mourinho into the club. And for a legend like Whelan to suggest it makes me wonder what must be going through poor Ron's head.

Okay, I think everyone would agree that this season's Premiership fourth place finish was ultimately a disappointment, but in the end the team only lost four league games and would have finished a lot closer to the top three if a few of the draws could have been turned into wins. And another plus saw us beating our big local rivals Everton to Champions League qualification with plenty left in the tank.

And then there's Europe. One goal away from yet another European Cup final and a third in four seasons is in my book a tremendous achievement. All this in a season massively overshadowed by the huge cloud of discontent on the terraces with the farcical action of our American "custodians".

If we could somehow resolve the boardroom squabbles - preferably by welcoming new owners who actually know a bit about football and the values of our club - and also turn some of our success in Europe into a sustained challenge for the league title next season, you're unlikely to find many Reds at Anfield complaining about Rafa's management.

Maybe in future, before Ron starts publicly questioning Rafa's ability he should take a look at his own less than impressive track record in management and think again. After all, Rafa is the "special one."

http://www.liverpoolpies.tv/2008/05/whelan_sack_rafa.html

anyone know what actually happened to ribery's face?
Just a routine tackle by Skrtel

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2008, 12:01:13 pm »
Ronnie Whelan: "Sack Rafa"

Talking to Gulf News (don't ask me why?), he said:

"Everything needs to be looked at now. We don't know if the American owners will be there next season or if the Dubai group [Dubai International Capital] will be the new owners.

"Whoever is there will need to decide if they have confidence in Rafa. Personally I don't.

This tit is getting to be a real thorn! He is talking to Gulf News, a UAE based newspaper. Is he saying this for the benefit of DIC, making a case for Mourinho, because that's what it sounds like to me. Nice one Runnie, you pathetic excuse for a Liverpool legend. :no
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »
neel2108. . . . you talk about " the same recycled shit thats printed in the tabloids" . . .  . . lets be honest, how much of what the tabloids " report" are purely taken from fan websites like Rawk , or lfc.tv or football 3657483 etc etc. I know this is slightly off the topic of the thread, but I think its important for us to understand where most of "punditry" comes from, which is in the main tabloid, rumour, hearsay etc. A classic example was all the rumour about Sammy Lee coming back.  Now, I read on Rawk from  a "reliable source " that this would happen. The next thing I knew was that it was on ITV teletext qouting " someone close to the club". Perhaps the Sammy story is a wank example, but you can see how rumours may (and do) sneak their way into the  national press. As a story/rumour builds over the course of , lets say, a fortnight and then there is a live game involving whoever it may be, then the "pundit" will always be dragged into the bizarre set of questioning about something that may not even be true.  (hope that makes some sort of sense:))

I do see your point there, but I mean those silly myths that come about like the Torres not playing a game ever myth, and the myth that Rafa rotates more than a washing machine. People claim Rafa is lucky Fernando Torres saves him every game, Rafa's the one that took the risk ( Alot of people had him down as expensive flop of the season before a ball was kicked) and fucking got him to do exactly what he's doing for us now ffs, so if anything, Rafa should be getting praise for everything Torres is doing now for showing faith that Wenger, Mourinho and Whiskey nose didnt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2008, 12:36:00 pm »
Jockey usually talks a whole lot of sense although it pains me greatly to hear him talking up Man Utd.
I know he has to be fair and impartial, but just once i'd love to hear him call them a bunch of inbred Manc twats.

Other than that, the ones who have gotten themselves a soapbox are a shower of fucking arseholes.
They all seem to read from the approved Sky script and talk out their arse.

Souey was good on the Irish show, but at times he's wanked on a bit too.
Whelan pissed me off immensely with his comments, as did McManaman recently.

Bring back some fucking commonsense lads.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:23 pm »
MARK LAWRENSON: Sort Anfield mess or risk star loss
May 13 2008 Liverpool Daily Post

EVERYONE knows the line by now.

Liverpool need to sort out their mess as quickly as possible for the good of the club, etc.

We’ve all been banging on about this for ages but now it’s the end of the season, there’s no excuses.

Benitez needs money to spend but doesn’t know who to ask for it.

The club needs its owners to get together to resolve their differences but they won’t speak to each other.

Hicks says its business as usual, Gillett says no, it’s not because we’re going to buy you out.

It’s a shambles. A laughing stock.

The biggest fear for me though is losing Steven Gerrard.

He says he wants to stay and can’t see himself leaving but would anyone blame him at the moment if he felt he was better off out of it?

That might not seem too much of a problem just now.

But if Jose Mourinho takes over at Inter Milan and tells the chairman to get Gerrard for him at all costs, it might just become one.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/05/13/mark-lawrenson-sort-anfield-mess-or-risk-star-loss-64375-20899795/
--------------------------------------------------------

That's not all we have to fear if this doesn't get sorted soon.
HICKS OUT NOW!
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:28 am »
Redknapp is easily the worst, sucks Richard Keys' cock so hard I'm surprised we never hear him gag.

One of the worst I've seen this year was Mike Newell, who had a 15-20 minute rant on the subject of Rafa and how much he hated him and the things he did.  I realize Newell never played for us but he does claim to be a Liverpool fan, so what the fuck was that all about?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:13 pm »
Jockey usually talks a whole lot of sense although it pains me greatly to hear him talking up Man Utd.
I know he has to be fair and impartial, but just once i'd love to hear him call them a bunch of inbred Manc twats.

Other than that, the ones who have gotten themselves a soapbox are a shower of fucking arseholes.
They all seem to read from the approved Sky script and talk out their arse.

Souey was good on the Irish show, but at times he's wanked on a bit too.
Whelan pissed me off immensely with his comments, as did McManaman recently.

Bring back some fucking commonsense lads.

"but just once i'd love to hear him call them a bunch of inbred Manc twats."

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline cmoogster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2008, 03:24:51 pm »
Souness my arse, while i have heard him stick up for us when dunphy, giles and brady are sticking the boot in, he himself nhas been giving rafa alot of gip, plus hes also jumped on that legendary liverpool are a two man team bandwagon i distinctly remember him saying not one of our squad bar gerrard or nando would get into the or other big 3s first 11, that c*nt seems to have a very short memory after the mess he left us in, great player shit manager even worse at punditry

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2008, 12:36:52 am »
Souness my arse, while i have heard him stick up for us when dunphy, giles and brady are sticking the boot in, he himself nhas been giving rafa alot of gip, plus hes also jumped on that legendary liverpool are a two man team bandwagon i distinctly remember him saying not one of our squad bar gerrard or nando would get into the or other big 3s first 11, that c*nt seems to have a very short memory after the mess he left us in, great player shit manager even worse at punditry

To be honest , I half agree with you there. Only because I believe Souness has two "pundit heads" : one is his ex-liverpool head, and one is is  manager head. You're right : great player,shit manager. He is also great pundit , shit pundit for prescicley the same reasons.
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline gramby

• Kemlynite
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2008, 07:28:56 pm »
Gary Macca when he worked for sky as a punit always stuck up for us and never slagged us of  but the man is a legend.

Offline mrchimps

• Legacy Fan
  • There are places I’ll remember all my life...
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2008, 07:59:43 pm »
king kenny...still love that man, never ever head him say a bad word about us.

It pisses me off even seeing Lawrenson's manc loving, bouffant haired, cocknosed face on tv. Jesus christ I have heard sir booze nose say more positive things about us.

I love having a chuckle at Lawrenson's results predictions on the bbc website every week - always utd/Chelsea win - liverpool will get a draw or beaten.
JFT97

Offline gordy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2008, 10:15:09 pm »
Beglin is a tosser,Redknapp is a tosser,Houghton is a tosser,Souness is getting there,Garry Mac is a gentleman,McManaman is a tosser,Hansen is OK,Lawro is OK, :no
Who are you lookin at?

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2008, 11:39:05 pm »
Just take into account, will you, that all the above are paid to give their impartial views on football related issues, they're not paid to promote Liverpool Football Club.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2008, 11:42:07 pm »
Beglin is a tosser,Redknapp is a tosser,Houghton is a tosser,Souness is getting there,Garry Mac is a gentleman,McManaman is a tosser,Hansen is OK,Lawro is OK, :no
Your right,but everything they've achieved in life has been on the back of Liverpool's success.

Offline Mrfabulous

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2008, 04:27:34 pm »
just fonud this on youtube from the champions league 1/4 final 2nd leg against arsenal

legend

Offline RoyTheRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2008, 05:18:01 pm »
haha fucking class, Scottish prick supporting Arsenal pissed me off though.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2008, 06:49:45 pm »
I used to play for Liverpool in the 90s.

I now work for an airline company, not in the media.

Are you Istvan Kzoma?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline 1770ben

• Anny Roader
  • Fay ce que vouldras
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »

Good god....did I really write that and believe it. I do apologise!! :)
Fay ce que vouldras.

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:46 pm »
Jamie has no independent opinion he peddles what his Dad says ....
Keeping the faith