Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 200647 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2022, 12:30:31 pm »
Exactly - but, it seems some on here seem to be ignoring the fact that there has been a worldwide health crisis for the last 2 years and yet that counts for nothing  ::)

I know of two long standing euro away lads died of Covid.....

The club were right to word the notices as they did.

Totally, 300+ people still dying every day to.

The club are right in how they did this.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:19 pm »
they wouldn't have the chance because it's a closed shop where people only buy for the credit, that's not fair at all

exactly!!

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »
for normal tickets to a league game? Probably not but for aways hopefully yes
for home league games

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:41 pm »
Exactly - but, it seems some on here seem to be ignoring the fact that there has been a worldwide health crisis for the last 2 years and yet that counts for nothing  ::)

I know of two long standing euro away lads died of Covid.....

The club were right to word the notices as they did.
if they used 19/20 and 21/22 then people who didn't feel comfortable traveling now could and those who made the extra effort during covid are rewarded too, everyone is sorted

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2022, 12:31:44 pm »
Whatever they end up doing they need to find a better way of sorting final tickets. Even the likes of the league cup if you had all away draws and then one home game in the semi someone could go one game and be in the ballot for the final stupid way of doing things.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2022, 12:32:04 pm »
for home league games
not sure how it's gonna be any easier, the ballot has only increased demand in bulk sales

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2022, 12:35:26 pm »
not sure how it's gonna be any easier, the ballot has only increased demand in bulk sales
wait and see ;-)

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2022, 12:35:36 pm »
Would be better if they used credits going back years. Have full European home credits and a few aways from europa league days but could be in the same ballot as someone who went 6 games this year.

THIS is what i'm more bothered about cos every season even more people just have these 6 home games and results in even more in a ballot and even less chance. If they aint gonna count any of the aways from this season they should be going a lot further back on the homes to offset it.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2022, 12:36:08 pm »
Whatever they end up doing they need to find a better way of sorting final tickets. Even the likes of the league cup if you had all away draws and then one home game in the semi someone could go one game and be in the ballot for the final stupid way of doing things.
issue is where is the cut off 20/26, 15/26?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2022, 12:37:16 pm »
THIS is what i'm more bothered about cos every season even more people just have these 6 home games and results in even more in a ballot and even less chance. If they aint gonna count any of the aways from this season they should be going a lot further back on the homes to offset it.
not true cause uefa take a set amount each season so people with 6 homes doesn't change that much, they might still do 6 homes plus 1 from 19/20, they've used that for the guaranteed home sales

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2022, 12:45:16 pm »
issue is where is the cut off 20/26, 15/26?

Wouldn't the club be able to whittle it down based on how many credits people have it overall so that everyone up until a certain point is guaranteed. I dont know how they will do it but when the new stand is built imagine the odds for a ballot then? People who go every home game and spend all kinds shouldnt be in a ballot with someone whos been 6 games which is what we currently do.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2022, 12:46:19 pm »
if they used 19/20 and 21/22 then people who didn't feel comfortable traveling now could and those who made the extra effort during covid are rewarded too, everyone is sorted
Maybe so mate and I understand where you're coming from - but, they've been consistent with the notices throughout, quite rightly, so can't see them changing now.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2022, 12:47:57 pm »
Maybe so mate and I understand where you're coming from - but, they've been consistent with the notices throughout, quite rightly, so can't see them changing now.
I agree but they've changed it to this then no one is negatively affected which all other options currently do

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2022, 12:48:56 pm »
wait and see ;-)
You referring to the new annie road? Or klopp leaving? Or something else
YNWA

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2022, 12:49:52 pm »

They have been very consistent with the notice, and every single one says "we can change this if we want".

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2022, 12:50:00 pm »
Wouldn't the club be able to whittle it down based on how many credits people have it overall so that everyone up until a certain point is guaranteed. I dont know how they will do it but when the new stand is built imagine the odds for a ballot then? People who go every home game and spend all kinds shouldnt be in a ballot with someone whos been 6 games which is what we currently do.
yeah they could but they'd need to give credits to season ticket holders then, you can't have a member going to 20 odd missing because a STH  "went" to them all but really went to less

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2022, 12:50:56 pm »
They have been very consistent with the notice, and every single one says "we can change this if we want".
club can give tickets out how they like really and there's nothing we can do

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2022, 12:51:50 pm »
I agree but they've changed it to this then no one is negatively affected which all other options currently do

Went on someone elses card for porto away and then it dropped to all season tickets for days so i could have went on my own one anyway. be wounded if they decide to use credits this year now after saying they werent.
Long live the King

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #218 on: April 22, 2022, 12:52:36 pm »
yeah they could but they'd need to give credits to season ticket holders then, you can't have a member going to 20 odd missing because a STH  "went" to them all but really went to less

Yeah well a season ticket holder would start on 19 all season tickets are in the correct names now or should be. And members who went to 19 games in the league would get the same amount of credits. I just dont get how else they will do it when an extra stand gets built. There would be plenty of tickets available for most games once thats built which should avoid a closed shop so people who commit to going every home game should get priority surely.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:10 pm »

going on someones else card is not something the club encourage and the credit isn't passed, this is very well known so it's unfortunate but buy on your own card and it's not a problem

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:31 pm »
not true cause uefa take a set amount each season so people with 6 homes doesn't change that much, they might still do 6 homes plus 1 from 19/20, they've used that for the guaranteed home sales

Go back further then, to 2012/13 Europa would do and those who had to suffer watching us draw to fucking Hearts and Young Boys and lose to Udinese before getting dumped out by Zenit on away goals!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:37 pm »
Yeah well a season ticket holder would start on 19 all season tickets are in the correct names now or should be. And members who went to 19 games in the league would get the same amount of credits. I just dont get how else they will do it when an extra stand gets built. There would be plenty of tickets available for most games once thats built which should avoid a closed shop so people who commit to going every home game should get priority surely.
but a season ticket holder might only go to 10/19 but still have 19 that's not right either

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2022, 12:56:56 pm »
Go back further then, to 2012/13 Europa would do and those who had to suffer watching us draw to fucking Hearts and Young Boys and lose to Udinese before getting dumped out by Zenit on away goals!
no let's not

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2022, 12:57:41 pm »
going on someones else card is not something the club encourage and the credit isn't passed, this is very well known so it's unfortunate but buy on your own card and it's not a problem

Yeah but i wouldnt have took a spare ticket if the club never had on the website that credits mean nothing this year. I could have bought abar 20 tockets the day before porto away the stand was half empty.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2022, 01:00:10 pm »
Yeah but i wouldnt have took a spare ticket if the club never had on the website that credits mean nothing this year. I could have bought abar 20 tockets the day before porto away the stand was half empty.
I know what you're saying mate but if you don't buy on your own card then theres always the risk it backfires, seen stories of it before just the risk there is

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2022, 01:00:23 pm »
no let's not

Why not some of the shite some of us sat through and people who decide they wanna go now because were the best team in the world  are in same ballot as us. Only reason for not doing it is younger people who never had the chance to buy a ticket at the time could make an exemption for young fans.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2022, 01:02:08 pm »
I know what you're saying mate but if you don't buy on your own card then theres always the risk it backfires, seen stories of it before just the risk there is

Yeah ano in normal season i wouldnt be arsed if i went on a spare you know at the time your not getting the credit. But the club backtracking on what theyve said all season would piss people off. They wont do it anyway.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2022, 01:03:05 pm »

We only got half the allocation didn't we?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2022, 01:07:06 pm »

Yeah but it was on general sale up until a day or two before the game. Anyone who wanted a ticket could have got one for that. The tickets only went on sale about a week before the game so when someone offered me a spare i just took it

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2022, 01:09:07 pm »
Anyone any idea the situation with other clubs aways? I’d imagine it’s not that hard for the likes of city but what about united or arsenal? What way do they manage this?
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2022, 01:09:16 pm »
only got 1200

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2022, 01:09:33 pm »
Yeah but it was on general sale up until a day or two before the game. Anyone who wanted a ticket could have got one for that. The tickets only went on sale about a week before the game so when someone offered me a spare i just took it
it sold out on the Thursday before, the game was on the Tuesday

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2022, 01:11:28 pm »
Yeah ano in normal season i wouldnt be arsed if i went on a spare you know at the time your not getting the credit. But the club backtracking on what theyve said all season would piss people off. They wont do it anyway.
wouldn't piss anyone off if they used 19/20 too, like you said you weren't arsed in a normal season so not sure whys this different, I've been told 1000 times I wouldn't have got the aways in a normal season

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2022, 01:12:47 pm »
Why not some of the shite some of us sat through and people who decide they wanna go now because were the best team in the world  are in same ballot as us. Only reason for not doing it is younger people who never had the chance to buy a ticket at the time could make an exemption for young fans.

Exactly this, been going every home game for years and years barely missed any yet come ballot time its always lumped in with someone who may have only been a game or two in the domestic cups or 6 games in European games. Luckily since 2012 i've only missed Sevilla and the City league cup final (let sisters go togther of the 2 ballot successes), had ballot success in the rest except Kiev which i ended up paying £500 for one.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2022, 01:14:55 pm »
wouldn't piss anyone off if they used 19/20 too, like you said you weren't arsed in a normal season so not sure whys this different, I've been told 1000 times I wouldn't have got the aways in a normal season

Difference is this year they blatantly stated aways wont count for this season or next season. So theyd be backtracking if they just decided all of a sudden that they do. In a normal season everyone knows away credits count.

Everyone is right in a normal season you would have no chance at any of these games this year. Only euro aways ive ever got on my season ticket are roma and barca because they give you loads of tickets anything less than 4000 allocation you have no chance if the credits counted.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2022, 01:15:42 pm »
Difference is this year they blatantly stated aways wont count for this season or next season. So theyd be backtracking if they just decided all of a sudden that they do. In a normal season everyone knows away credits count.

Everyone is right in a normal season you would have no chance at any of these games this year. Only euro aways ive ever got on my season ticket are roma and barca because they give you loads of tickets anything less than 4000 allocation you have no chance if the credits counted.
backtracking to reward people who've taken extra hassle to travel, what a shame that would be

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2022, 01:15:58 pm »
That's my point - they haven't changed throughout, despite that caveat.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2022, 01:21:42 pm »
Exactly this, been going every home game for years and years barely missed any yet come ballot time its always lumped in with someone who may have only been a game or two in the domestic cups or 6 games in European games. Luckily since 2012 i've only missed Sevilla and the City league cup final (let sisters go togther of the 2 ballot successes), had ballot success in the rest except Kiev which i ended up paying £500 for one.
p

Guarantee if we went crap again in a few years half the people in the final ballot will be nowhere to be seen.   

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2022, 01:23:49 pm »
That's my point - they haven't changed throughout, despite that caveat.

We will find out when the Villareal away ticket details go up, they may require you to have a previous year away to get a ticket. But there not gonna count benfica or any of the games before that for the final they have it on all the selling notices highlighted in bold.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2022, 01:26:17 pm »
p

Guarantee if we went crap again in a few years half the people in the final ballot will be nowhere to be seen.
The majority of people who have full champions league credits will have built them up when we were shit/Europa league so don’t think that would effect it much.