Author Topic: Liverpool Supporters Club in Manchester?  (Read 26360 times)

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Liverpool Supporters Club in Manchester?
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »
I live in the centre of Manchester and I'm sick of being let down by so called match-going friends to go to the game with. I'm wondering if there is some kind of LFC supporters branch in Manchester at all?

I checked on the LFC website and got the details for David Wilson who apparently runs some kind of branch (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/fans/membership/aib-association-of-international-branches/region/1/england), but I haven't been able to get hold of him.

Does anybody know if there are any regular groups of people going to the match from Manchester? Organised travel, or anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Liverpool Supporters Club in Manchester?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:52 pm »
Why don't you phone David Wilson and ask him.

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »
Why don't you phone David Wilson and ask him.

Tried a couple of times but the phone has been off each time.

Offline berryLFC91

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2011, 06:14:11 pm »
Thats like having a Cardiff City Supporters Club in Swansea. .
Once a Red, Always a Red

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2011, 02:42:10 am »
you would prob be best finding out from the official liverpool supporters club, i know two people who are staunch
liverpool fans that live in cheadle but i think they tend to keep their heads down.
or if all else fails get the train to lime street its only like 7 quid and spend your money in liverpool instead of
manchester! 8)
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 7, 2011, 01:43:45 pm »
we have a very large support in manc, always seeing lfc scarves around the south manc, even saw a lad walking around with 1 of our shirts on in wythenshawe? either brave or just stupid...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2011, 01:46:53 pm »
was it rehearsal for 51st state
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 7, 2011, 10:29:12 pm »
Don't know of any organised travel. But there are a few who go to most games. Not mancs, just students there.

Offline aerorossi29

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 01:18:39 pm »
Think this could be worth looking at, i travel from manc with either my missus or a mate and it is surprising how many redmen/women there are that travel from manchester. Piccadilly station on the morning/afternoon of a match is quite an eye opener to just how many fans there actually are that make the trip over. I would definitely be interested in travelling officially or whatever

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:30 pm »
We live in the Altrincham area and there are a surprising number of Liverpool fans, they even turn up in our local, watched a few games there over the years; it is a Utd pub an all.

Trouble is travel between manc & Liverpool is relatively easy, so not sure how necessary organised travel would be.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:13:33 am »
Slightly off topic but, there's a lad that I work with (just left actually), who is as scouse as they come - but supports United. When I met him I thought he was winding me up. A scouser supporting the Mancs? No chance. But he does. Very, very odd.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 02:57:45 pm »
Slightly off topic but, there's a lad that I work with (just left actually), who is as scouse as they come - but supports United. When I met him I thought he was winding me up. A scouser supporting the Mancs? No chance. But he does. Very, very odd.

thats sacrilege !
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 03:35:06 pm »
Think this could be worth looking at, i travel from manc with either my missus or a mate and it is surprising how many redmen/women there are that travel from manchester. Piccadilly station on the morning/afternoon of a match is quite an eye opener to just how many fans there actually are that make the trip over. I would definitely be interested in travelling officially or whatever

Join the Union and suggest a coach getting put on from Manchester by us. We do the cheapest travel.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 06:53:31 pm »
red annie? what is it about  the altrincham area,  theres a rediculously high number of scouse accents around...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:07 pm »
red annie? what is it about  the altrincham area,  theres a rediculously high number of scouse accents around...

A fair few.

If you work in manc fairly handy to get into work and it is a pretty decent place to live, commuting from Liverpool just not an option for me. Folk from all over the north-west have settled here. Close to the motorways.

They are a mixture of City & Utd fans but mostly not vitriolic. Quite a few LFC fans, even a few Evertonians and a sprinkling of other clubs too.

We are regulars at our local & we just get banter, everyone is pretty easy going really.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:49 pm »
i believe the fella running the manc branch had recieved death threats from united fans. best get in touch with the club who'll pass on your contact details to the relevant peeps.

loads of reds in manc land.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 02:31:54 pm »
+1 here. The only Red in Droylsden (and probably Tameside...)

I'd be up for getting involved in this when I'm home from Uni.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 02:34:32 pm »
We live in the Altrincham area and there are a surprising number of Liverpool fans, they even turn up in our local, watched a few games there over the years; it is a Utd pub an all.

Trouble is travel between manc & Liverpool is relatively easy, so not sure how necessary organised travel would be.

Whats the name of your local?

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 10:01:21 am »
+1 here. The only Red in Droylsden (and probably Tameside...)

I'd be up for getting involved in this when I'm home from Uni.

You must be joking, loads of reds dotted about. There's a couple of lads off my estate I see going every game, I really should flag them down and try and catch a lift instead of the train. theres was a few of us who travelled home and away from vegas.
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline sam-lfc4eva

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 01:17:21 pm »
I'm from Salford :-[ yet i see a fair few of our shirts around here. Not everyone from Manchester hates our club, just the majority of the united pricks
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
YNWA

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 01:31:45 pm »
I'm from Salford :-[ yet i see a fair few of our shirts around here. Not everyone from Manchester hates our club, just the majority of the united pricks

Yeahh i agree, seen a few Liverpool fans in my local area, City fans seen to have manifested everyone since that FA cup win

Offline BombayRed

• Main Stander
  • I live in a Red and White Bombay Kop.
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2011, 12:23:23 pm »
I seriously don't know where to post this.

We are a group of about 200 Liverpool Supporter's from Mumbai, India. We intend to setup an official Supporter's Club here. Can i please get to know the procedure to do that and what are the requirements. Hoping for a reply as early as possible. Help please!
What flows through me is blood no more. It's the pride and passion of being a RED!

Offline nobbynew

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2011, 08:12:34 pm »
I've done a search on the Liverpool website and it gives plenty of information on Official Supporters Clubs which are already established, but nothing about how to set up a new one. Try contacting the club    customerservices@liverpoolfc.tv    I'm sure they will be able to help.

Offline URS83

• Boys Pen
« Reply #23 on: June 3, 2011, 09:31:28 pm »
plenty of our fans departing from Victoria on a match day. my friend lives near Printworks and sometimes wear our gear to Uni.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 03:10:38 pm »
aye plenty of reds on the platform of Oxford Road station when there's a game on, used to live right next to that station by the Hacienda. Loads of reds from all over attend the uni so it's not that rare to see a few shirts about the place.

Watching the 4-1 thrashing at old trafford in the Friendship Inn, Fallowfield was great. Reds and City fans all celebrating :D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 02:24:46 pm »
*Bump*

Any other Reds about in Manchester city centre? Moved back up from London last year and went to Manchester, so a bit on my own travelling to games and watching in pubs. Not leaving the flat on Sunday at all...
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 02:34:05 pm »
Depending on which pub you go to it’s not too bad watching it in the centre I found. Then again when I lived there City didn’t hate us too so you’d normally have their fans backing you up  ;D

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 01:42:35 pm »
I live in Manchester - if I'm watching the game in a city centre pub I often go to the Seven Oaks near Chinatown. Nice pub, decent beer and reasonably quiet. More often than not I just watch it round at a mate's house though nowadays.

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 10:34:15 am »
There used to be quite a group of Manchester based Reds on here. We used to travel to games together and meet up in city centre bars. Was always a good crack and never had any issues.

Apart from the Police bollocking us for blocking Oxford Road whilst reenacting Danny Murphy's free kick at Old Trafford on one quite memorable afternoon! 😂😂😂
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline Quantum

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 10:52:04 pm »
Anyone have any recommendations for the watching the final in a pub in Manchester? eg Dog and Partridge in Didsbury used to have a core group of reds that met there. I'm after an assembling of our fans if there is one?

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2019, 10:11:18 am »
O’Neill’s in the printworks has been decent for games. Plenty of reds in there when Ive happened to be in the city. Last watched the Chelsea game in there when Sturridge pinged one in from distance. Scouser moonwalked around the pub giving it the big ‘un. Was majestic.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline moonshark

• Kemlynite
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 03:56:42 pm »
I live in Spinningfields in Manchester and I have tried watching Liverpool in a pub near my flat.

At half time some lad got up and shouted, "Not watching this shite" and then turned it off at the mains. I didn't fancy turning it back on as he looked like a proper scumbag so I left and went in a pub on Deansgate called The Sawyers Arms. I walked in and as I was at the bar loads were shouting "murderers" at the TV.

I haven't been in a pub watching us since.

I had a ST for 7 years so it wasn't so bad, but the lad wanted it back this year so I've had to just watch TV at home.

It would be good to know of some fellow reds in Manchester as it would be good to lift share when games begin again.

I may have had just one bad experience though, and if I were to go in on another day, then maybe no one will bother...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline alonso_14

• Kemlynite
  • Kop Rules Ok
    • Kop Rules Ok
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2023, 05:44:22 pm »
This is mainly focussed at Manchester-based Reds, but I’m the owner of a new(ish) brewery/bar near Victoria Station and we’ve just signed up for Sky & BT for this season. Would love to get a red contingent down there for the games.

It’s a good sized, open plan venue with a beer garden and the games will be on our big projector.

Does anyone know if any sort of group is set up for Manc-based fans I can reach out to?

Or if you’re reading this, tell ya mates and just get on down.

We’re called Green Arches and you can find us on insta @greenarchesmcr

Nice one, hope to see you down there!
@leecoates17 - @ohbeautifulgame

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: August 7, 2023, 08:56:13 am »
This is mainly focussed at Manchester-based Reds, but I’m the owner of a new(ish) brewery/bar near Victoria Station and we’ve just signed up for Sky & BT for this season. Would love to get a red contingent down there for the games.

It’s a good sized, open plan venue with a beer garden and the games will be on our big projector.

Does anyone know if any sort of group is set up for Manc-based fans I can reach out to?

Or if you’re reading this, tell ya mates and just get on down.

We’re called Green Arches and you can find us on insta @greenarchesmcr

Nice one, hope to see you down there!

Good to know, I’m often over in Manchester as girlfriend lives in Ancoats. Struggle for places to watch the match by hers so will keep this in mind. Will you have the Chelsea match on Sunday?

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #34 on: August 7, 2023, 10:31:47 am »
I'm in M1, this could be interesting, thanks for the info!
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2023, 07:04:42 am »
Went to Green Arches Sunday for the Chelsea game, would recommend it. Good ale on tap, they brew their own, scran was really good as well. And big screen with the match on. Mix of Chelsea and Liverpool fans, but no dickheads