Author Topic: Lego  (Read 51180 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Lego
« Reply #200 on: September 5, 2017, 06:41:25 pm »
Was it's Rob's kid who was mad for the launch umbilical thingy? Be a shame to deny him that!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 5, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »
Was it's Rob's kid who was mad for the launch umbilical thingy? Be a shame to deny him that!

;D

Well, it is for my lads Saturn V....
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: September 6, 2017, 11:40:08 am »
Anyone been watching Lego Masters?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 6, 2017, 11:59:46 am »
Out of those, I'd say either the tower or Star Wars. The Star Wars one would be a decent companion to the carbon freezing chamber, but it's really not that interesting.

It would, I'd buy it but they brought in a rule about 6 months back that they wouldnt be allowing sets that are already under a licence (so Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Simpsons etc) to become Ideas sets, as they wanted to push the more creative models rather than cool sets from peoples favourite film. Obviously some were already up and able to be voted on before they changed the submission rule, but I doubt they'd pick one. Bit of a dull selection to be honest.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2017, 01:17:20 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RLmqKBRqyA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RLmqKBRqyA8</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2017, 11:48:36 pm »
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2018, 04:08:52 pm »
The next lot of Ideas sets have been finished and these are the ones that will be up for review, and a winner chosen next year, including the Shuttle and the Saturn V tower that people in here have been looking at:

Full link: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/0d0f90c2-71d4-421e-8765-e7ea5f141f7f

From this, I dont really know which gets made. Gilmore Girls diner is a new licence so wont be that, the Star Wars one will not get done for the same reason, the Peru Celebration is cool, but too big, the Shuttle is too similar to a recent model and I've already said why the tower wont get chosen, which leaves the plane, but its a little uninspiring and theres a Red Arrows plane in the current up for review selection which I think looks cooler, so I really dont know. It'll be interesting to see what they pick.

So they announced the results for this batch and decided not to make any of them, which Im not totally surprised at given none of them really looked outstanding. Sorry for the guys who wanted the tower or the shuttle, sounds like it could be up to you to make one of them.

The next wave are up for review, hopefully one of those will pass, I think the Pop-up-Book could be an interesting one:

And the Ship In A Bottle set that I was really looking forward to, will be out to buy from February, and looks ace although at £69.99 the price is a little steep imo.

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2018, 04:37:01 pm »
Just make a Game of Thrones one and be done with it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2018, 10:27:53 pm »
A huge fuck off brick wall?!!  ;)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #209 on: March 6, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »
I found a good deal for the Tower Bridge set so picked it up the other day. Today I opened it up, and there are 29 bags, and it was before they started numbering them or had them sorted. So I’m sorting by colour. It’s 4,295 pieces, so this may take a while...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2018, 09:17:30 pm »
Saw this on youtube.  Amazingly intricate.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eM9-v72Ce6w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eM9-v72Ce6w</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:07 pm »
Picked up the Saturn V from the Lego Store in London few weeks back. Finally had a free Sunday to build it recently.

Shame about the launch tower, would have been decent.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2018, 10:54:13 pm »
Saw this on youtube.  Amazingly intricate.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eM9-v72Ce6w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eM9-v72Ce6w</a>

That's a work of art, incredible

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: June 4, 2018, 09:22:08 pm »
Picked up the Saturn V from the Lego Store in London few weeks back. Finally had a free Sunday to build it recently.

Shame about the launch tower, would have been decent.

I built that myself a few months ago, very nice. Let me ask, did you have a problem putting the two halves together seamlessly? I kept having bits pop off when I pushed too hard, so the top is sitting in there, it's just not locked in.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2018, 10:54:17 am »
I built that myself a few months ago, very nice. Let me ask, did you have a problem putting the two halves together seamlessly? I kept having bits pop off when I pushed too hard, so the top is sitting in there, it's just not locked in.

I had similar problems.  Bits just pop off when you detach or reattach the stages.  Overall it's very fragile, even for Lego.

And if you thought the Star Destroyer hanger was a work of art...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aKGaeZY8oeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aKGaeZY8oeg</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2018, 02:29:32 am »
My Mrs....err kids... got me this for father's day, and I finally got around to building it. It's about 250 pieces. As soon as I finished building it, I wanted one to minifig scale. with 22 figs on the pitch, and 50K in the stands ;D

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:36:48 am by Brian Blessed »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2019, 11:42:36 pm »
Just built the Sydney Opera House

Getting back into Lego- find it relaxing. Expensive do though

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2019, 01:55:00 pm »
https://www.chesterzoo.org/whats-happening/big-cats

Seems the real animals are shit so they made some new ones out of lego!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2019, 02:01:13 pm »
https://www.chesterzoo.org/whats-happening/big-cats

Seems the real animals are shit so they made some new ones out of lego!

Kids will be going in half term next week.

While I stay at home and try and clear the Lego layer on my eldest's floor...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2019, 08:44:16 am »
With their Grandad passing away this week, the wife decided to buy a couple of gifts from Grandad for the boys, my eldest wanted a Lego set as his Grandad loved watching him building Lego and was always interested in what he had built. He chose a First Order Star Destroyer.

He worked from 3 to 10pm last night and started again at half 7 today, he is on bag 9 of 11.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2019, 02:37:41 pm »
Yeah that was the going rate for a boxed UCS Falcon before the new re-release. Its mental.

Just seen a Super Star destroyer for £2800 !!! Downloaded the plans from Lego and going to price up the parts to make one. Little project for me and the lads.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2019, 05:02:35 pm »
On the 3rd of May, a reissue of the Tantive IV is coming out. Not a UCS, though.

More images and details here:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/12/lego-star-wars-returns-to-a-new-hope-with-1700-piece-75244-tantive-iv-news/

I think it looks great, but as usual, that price...

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2019, 10:14:58 am »
That Tantive IV looks great.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2019, 11:26:53 am »
Won't be long until Marvel get in on this Lego thing.

GOTG ship i could see being done.

Maybe a lego version of Asgard. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Beav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2019, 12:14:52 pm »

Im not exactly sure how the licenses work for them, but I would love LEGO to start doing Marvel UCS sets like the Milano. Perhaps they havent because there arent really many ships in the MCU, compared to the Star Wars universe which has half a dozen new designs every film and decades of previous films to work with.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:32 pm »

The ship is already a set, it came out when the first Guardians did. They’ve also done a UCS of the helicarrier, which is almost 3,000 pieces.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: June 2, 2019, 08:17:18 pm »
There's now a $100 Lego lunar module available.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2019, 09:26:03 am »
New UCS Star Destroyer - almost 4ft long £650  :o

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2019, 11:38:28 am »
New UCS Star Destroyer - almost 4ft long £650  :o

Four feet?  That's bigger than the original ANH movie model! :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2019, 06:00:31 pm »
They're dead to me after not greenlighting the Mystery Shack from Gravity Falls Lego ideas project...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2020, 04:30:40 pm »
Got the big Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts for my lad as a present when his sister was born this week. Wow it’s a work of art!!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2020, 04:32:19 pm »
Got the big Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts for my lad as a present when his sister was born this week. Wow it’s a work of art!!

Sure you did. ::) ;) ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2020, 04:34:30 pm »
I really want the new LEGO Pirates Barracuda Bay shipwreck set.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2020, 04:36:47 pm »
There’s a job going at Lego... how do I persuade my wife to apply?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2020, 07:17:55 pm »
Sure you did. ::) ;) ;D

Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2020, 05:08:03 pm »
I just got the Apollo 11, it will go nicely with the Saturn V.

I also saw on the LEGO site they they’ve release a set of Old Trafford. Nearly 4K pieces so nice and big. Hopefully Anfield will follow.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2020, 05:10:28 pm »
I also saw on the LEGO site they they’ve release a set of Old Trafford. Nearly 4K pieces so nice and big. Hopefully Anfield will follow.

Doesn't look that big at all really when you think 4k pieces - 18.5cm high, 47cm long and 39cm wide