Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 818684 times)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #6120 on: April 9, 2019, 07:51:36 pm »
The 2 guys with Rebecca Lowe in the studio didn't think it was a penno either. What's the big deal?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6121 on: April 9, 2019, 07:56:37 pm »
They're no where near as bad as most of the UK based commentators let alone the Fox ones.  Le Saux didn't think it was a penalty which is his opinion, not sure how it was shameful.

Before the replay, he was saying there was no contact, it was a dive and that Keita should have been booked.

After watching the replay, he meekly says there was contact but Keita made a meal of it and that Naby "threw himself to the ground" and if it wasn't a penalty then Naby should have been booked for diving.

Le Saux does this. He'll make a big claim about a call before he sees the replay and then the replay will show something completely different and then he'll do everything in his power to not admit he could possibly be wrong. I shouldn't be surprised by now. Shameful is a bit strong, but it's ridiculous at best.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6122 on: April 10, 2019, 02:23:09 am »
Sunday April 14th
Liverpool v Chelsea
11:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6123 on: April 10, 2019, 02:24:18 am »
btw..i'll be at the next two League matches.. I'll wave to everyone..  :wave   8)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6124 on: April 10, 2019, 03:13:51 am »
Before the replay, he was saying there was no contact, it was a dive and that Keita should have been booked.

After watching the replay, he meekly says there was contact but Keita made a meal of it and that Naby "threw himself to the ground" and if it wasn't a penalty then Naby should have been booked for diving.

Le Saux does this. He'll make a big claim about a call before he sees the replay and then the replay will show something completely different and then he'll do everything in his power to not admit he could possibly be wrong. I shouldn't be surprised by now. Shameful is a bit strong, but it's ridiculous at best.

I think it's a point Le Saux makes frequently, I've heard him say it multiple times in games without LFC, in that if it's not a penalty then it's a dive and should be booked.  I view this as more of a criticism of the referee than the player in that Le Saux speaks as if there needs to be a black and white decision and the referee is shirking their duties if they don't make one.  The problem with that is a lot of the times it's not black and white and I think in cases like this with Keita he'll realize it after what he said and then try to back down without sounding like a total pussy.  I don't think that makes him a bad commentator in that on the whole he's pretty knowledgeable about what is going on with a team and the game which compared to Owen, McMananamen, Higginbotham, etc that most others have to listen to is a huge step up.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6125 on: April 10, 2019, 03:26:06 am »
What a fucking load of shit. The frikken quarter finals aren’t fully available.

Yeah, it's incredible. You'd think with the ever increasing popularity of the sport all the games would be available. I mean, you could probably see 2 or 3 CL games on at the same time on the different ESPN channels about a decade ago. Now even NBSN shows just the one live game with the rest on their Gold thing.

Offline scouser14

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6126 on: April 11, 2019, 01:26:52 am »
Seeing as this thread is for US based fans, thought I'd post this here... is everyone aware/going/considering going to the fan convention in Vegas May 30-June 1st? It's just been announced that Roy Evans has been added as one of the Legends. Local Liverpool-based singer Marc Kenny is performing too!

It's being held at McMullans Irish Pub (LFC fan pub) on the Thursday night and The Westgate Fri & Sat. It's Champions League final weekend too :) Tickets are a great price and the hotel is a bargain price considering it's a weekend in Vegas ($39, $79, $79 with no added fees)

Here's the link for anyone who's interested:

https://kopcon.org/

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6127 on: April 11, 2019, 08:35:48 am »
It's always fun to be around loads of Reds. Should be a good time in Vegas.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6128 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:38 am »
pretty certain that leg 2 of porto will be right back on the BR Streaming/Univision combo

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6129 on: April 11, 2019, 01:33:37 pm »
Yeah, it's incredible. You'd think with the ever increasing popularity of the sport all the games would be available. I mean, you could probably see 2 or 3 CL games on at the same time on the different ESPN channels about a decade ago. Now even NBSN shows just the one live game with the rest on their Gold thing.

They're trying to get everyone to subscribe to their streaming services.  Eventually, that's where all sports will be.  We'll need ESPN + for league cup/FA Cup games, NBC Gold for PL Matches, and Bleacher report live for Champions League games.  Then, if you are interested in other leagues you'll likely need additional streaming services.  You're looking at probably $25-30 a month just to watch football games, all of which were included with your cable/satellite package just a couple of years ago. 

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6130 on: April 11, 2019, 05:45:12 pm »
They're trying to get everyone to subscribe to their streaming services.  Eventually, that's where all sports will be.  We'll need ESPN + for league cup/FA Cup games, NBC Gold for PL Matches, and Bleacher report live for Champions League games.  Then, if you are interested in other leagues you'll likely need additional streaming services.  You're looking at probably $25-30 a month just to watch football games, all of which were included with your cable/satellite package just a couple of years ago.

I think people forget too easily how bad Fox's coverage was.  Before FS1 launched we were either on the local Fox sports channel in HD some of the times or the Fox Soccer channel which wasn't in HD and cost $10/mo extra and then if not on either of those then the Fox Soccer app which was another $10-$15 per month.  And you're paying all that to listen to Alexi Lalas think he's the second coming of Skip Bayless and always needing a take most of which were fucking awful.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6131 on: April 12, 2019, 02:41:10 pm »
Yes, the silver lining in all of this is we are spared of Alexi Lalas and Eric Wynlada trying to out-douche each other.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6132 on: April 14, 2019, 11:39:45 pm »
Wednesday April 17th
Porto v Liverpool
3:00 Pm Eastern
B/R live stream also Univision/Galavision

City v Spurs is on TNT.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6133 on: April 15, 2019, 12:47:53 am »
Wednesday April 17th
Porto v Liverpool

City v Spurs is on TNT.
Univision.com also has a stream with login on tv provider
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:54:40 am by RedG13 »

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6134 on: April 15, 2019, 05:50:32 am »
Viendo el juego en español otra vez!

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #6135 on: April 16, 2019, 12:59:24 pm »
Wednesday April 17th
Porto v Liverpool

City v Spurs is on TNT.

Is it possible that Uni/Gala and TNT are both showing City v Spurs, as it appears on my provider’s menu? :(

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6136 on: April 16, 2019, 03:00:04 pm »
Is it possible that Uni/Gala and TNT are both showing City v Spurs, as it appears on my provider’s menu? :(

I've got Liverpool on 404 - Galavision

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6137 on: April 17, 2019, 12:45:33 am »
I got Liverpool on Galavision also on my tv guide.
If you dont get that use Univision.com

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #6138 on: April 17, 2019, 01:21:46 am »

Me too. Except for me at least Gala is not HD. Yuck.

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #6139 on: April 17, 2019, 03:07:34 am »

Uverse is 3003, no HD :-(

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6140 on: April 17, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »
Uverse is 3003, no HD :-(

Was just about to ask :(

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6141 on: April 17, 2019, 08:46:54 pm »
You really don’t miss HD until you can’t watch it

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6142 on: April 17, 2019, 10:48:29 pm »
Sunday April 21st
Cardiff v Liverpool
11:00 Am Eastern
NBCSN

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6143 on: April 22, 2019, 06:38:50 am »
Well my trip to watch us play has ended. Time to fly back tomorrow. Once again, when I go we win.  8)
Beat Chelsea and Cardiff City. Also I watch Porto second leg at Anfield with a couple mates in the Kop Bar. So 3 wins while I was here. And it was pretty warm at Cardiif as I was in our end in the sun all match. Got a bit of to much sun on the ol' head...lol.

Friday April 26th
Liverpool v Huddersfield
NBCSN

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6144 on: April 27, 2019, 01:26:01 am »
Wednesday May 1st
Barcelona v Liverpool
TNT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6145 on: April 27, 2019, 01:41:37 am »
Wednesday May 1st
Barcelona v Liverpool
TNT
Wednesday May 1st
Barcelona v Liverpool
TNT

I’m surprised these asses didn’t try to put this on BR. Obviously both games are on different days so they can show them both.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6146 on: May 2, 2019, 02:25:49 am »
Saturday May 4th
Newcastle v Liverpool
2:45 Pm Eastern
NBCSN

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6147 on: May 4, 2019, 11:02:20 pm »
Tuesday May 7th
Liverpool v Barcelona
3:00 PM Eastern
TNT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6148 on: May 5, 2019, 04:15:50 pm »
So will we be on Nbcsn or will Manchester City?

Online Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #6149 on: May 5, 2019, 04:37:02 pm »
So will we be on Nbcsn or will Manchester City?

You'd have to imagine that whichever of those 2 matches isn't on NBCSN will probably be on NBC.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6150 on: May 5, 2019, 04:55:59 pm »
We'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for NBC to give the full Sunday line up across all the channels.

But I concur, we'll be on NBC or NBCSN.

Can we just beat Barca 4-0 first... :wave    :P

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6151 on: May 8, 2019, 05:49:01 pm »
Sunday May 12th
Liverpool v Wolves
10:00 Am Eastern
NBC

Brighton v City....NBCSN

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6152 on: May 8, 2019, 10:40:42 pm »
Don't know if this is the right thread but hope New York based reds can help me out.
I plan on coming down to New York to watch the finals in Carra's. How early do you think I need to be there?
And are there any other place with a good Liverpool base to watch the game or is Carra's the spot to be at?

I am coming down from Toronto btw, so need to plan out the trip.

Thanks.

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6153 on: May 8, 2019, 10:59:42 pm »
Don't know if this is the right thread but hope New York based reds can help me out.
I plan on coming down to New York to watch the finals in Carra's. How early do you think I need to be there?
And are there any other place with a good Liverpool base to watch the game or is Carra's the spot to be at?

I am coming down from Toronto btw, so need to plan out the trip.

Thanks.

Early, haha. Probably when they open. It's a Saturday afternoon near Times Square, so expect it to be packed. Went there yesterday for the match and I was fortunate enough to get in. They were turning away people afterward.
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #6154 on: May 8, 2019, 11:34:39 pm »
Early, haha. Probably when they open. It's a Saturday afternoon near Times Square, so expect it to be packed. Went there yesterday for the match and I was fortunate enough to get in. They were turning away people afterward.

So 9 am then :D
I don't mind waiting I just want the experience of being drunk and singing and cheering along with fellow reds.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6155 on: May 9, 2019, 07:25:56 pm »
The announcers for Sunday's matches have been... announced:

NBC: Liverpool v. Wolves, Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux

NBCSN: Brighton v. Manchester City, Clive Tyldesley and Lee Dixon

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6156 on: May 11, 2019, 02:53:05 pm »
Last weekend for TSN/Sportsnet having Canadian PL rights. DAZN takes over next season

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6157 on: May 11, 2019, 09:05:45 pm »
Last weekend for TSN/Sportsnet having Canadian PL rights. DAZN takes over next season

DAZN really matter?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6158 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:09 pm »
Saturday June 1st
Champions League Final
Spurs v Liverpool
TNT

Offline gerrardlucas

• Main Stander
« Reply #6159 on: May 13, 2019, 04:58:03 am »
Saturday June 1st
Champions League Final
Spurs v Liverpool
TNT

I wish ESPN or NBC would get the rights for champions league/Europa. Both stations would do a far better job with it!