Author Topic: Ferguson retiring. Moyes gets 6 year deal.  (Read 420468 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Ferguson considering retirement.
« Reply #40 on: May 7, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »
I have to laugh at how apoplectic United fans are getting on Twitter at the mere thought of Moyes taking over :lmao

A few of them are touting Paul Lambert around.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Damien1990

• Main Stander
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2013, 10:28:15 pm »
Does this mean his last game at Old Trafford would have been a defeat to Rafa? Please tell me so!

No. If he's retiring then it will be at the end of the season. Swansea is our last home game.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2013, 10:28:21 pm »
If he leaves with only 2 European Cups then thats pretty poor record. What was it, 23/24 years?

Not sure having 2 European Cups on your CV can be considered poor.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 7, 2013, 10:28:30 pm »
Mourinho 8/1 to be next manager, all over that!

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #44 on: May 7, 2013, 10:28:57 pm »
Just made my first trip to Red Cafe, felt wrong.

Basically Moyes is not worthy and Mourinho is nailed on, but only if Klopp doesn't want it.

I might be wrong, but that has to be the definition of a poisoned chalice...
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #45 on: May 7, 2013, 10:29:04 pm »
I think its worth taking into consideration the English game was playing catch up with the rest of Europe for about ten years and the cup is harder to win in the Champions League era.

Its not harder to win in the Champions League era at all
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 7, 2013, 10:29:11 pm »
13 league titles isn't too shabby either.

*crosses fingers*

Please retire you bastard.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #47 on: May 7, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »
Mourinho 8/1 to be next manager, all over that!
Took Klopp @20s.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #48 on: May 7, 2013, 10:31:29 pm »
I have to laugh at how apoplectic United fans are getting on Twitter at the mere thought of Moyes taking over :lmao

#pray4moyes
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #49 on: May 7, 2013, 10:31:50 pm »
Be careful what you wish for.  Moyes to the Theatre of Shite is very appealing but that leaves the door open for Martinez to Woodison.  I, for one, wouldn't like that.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #50 on: May 7, 2013, 10:31:53 pm »
After giving a years notice to his retirement last time, didn't he always say that next time it would be very sudden?

Although after giving himself a statue and a stand, he'll probably milk it.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #51 on: May 7, 2013, 10:32:32 pm »
Its not harder to win in the Champions League era at all
In short Forest won it back to back, the last team to do it was Milan in 90. The Barca team of 06-12 couldnt do it,  It has never been done in the Champions League era, the reason? Its harder.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 7, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »
Going to be story in The Times about Mouriniho turning Chelsea down too. Apparently.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #53 on: May 7, 2013, 10:32:53 pm »
Harry Redknapp should take charge, the club has t'riffic English players that show heart, desire, grit and passion!

Then he will buy the likes of Kranjcar, Muntari, Crouch and who could forget Frankie Lamps?
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #54 on: May 7, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »
I don't believe it for one fucking second.

The only thing that could give it any credence in my eyes is the fact that Eye-gouger could be looking for a club in the summer. But even then I'm not sure Utd would want him as their manager anyway (and don't give me fucking moyes - not a fucking chance). Unless utd are after a short-ish term manager, knowing no one will fill fergie's shoes but someone with a big personality could take the helm for few years before a long term manager that suits them is available (pep may be on the cards by then?)

But no, don't believe it.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #55 on: May 7, 2013, 10:33:32 pm »
In short Forest won it back to back, the last team to do it was Milan in 90. The Barca team of 06-12 couldnt do it,  It has never been done in the Champions League era, the reason? Its harder.

Its not harder - It was knockout from the start and was all champions - and we won it back to back and all

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 7, 2013, 10:33:43 pm »
He'll probably call a press conference to announce he's unveiling another statue of himself.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #57 on: May 7, 2013, 10:33:55 pm »
I wonder if the hip surgery talk has given him an outlet to want to leave on a high? Or is he still going to be around, but wants the likes of Moyes acting as his assistant.

Be careful what you wish for.  Moyes to the Theatre of Shite is very appealing but that leaves the door open for Martinez to Woodison.  I, for one, wouldn't like that.

I would assume unless he has a tactically strong assistant, a Martinez-run Everton side would be shipping in goals left and right.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58 on: May 7, 2013, 10:34:25 pm »
After giving a years notice to his retirement last time, didn't he always say that next time it would be very sudden?

Sudden, yes.

But that doesn't mean it wil happen now.

All the story says is that the squad will receive news about the manager..... Possibly about his hip op maybe?

Meh
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #59 on: May 7, 2013, 10:35:00 pm »
I don't believe it for one fucking second.

The only thing that could give it any credence in my eyes is the fact that Eye-gouger could be looking for a club in the summer. But even then I'm not sure Utd would want him as their manager anyway (and don't give me fucking moyes - not a fucking chance). Unless utd are after a short-ish term manager, knowing no one will fill fergie's shoes but someone with a big personality could take the helm for few years before a long term manager that suits them is available (pep may be on the cards by then?)

But no, don't believe it.

Not a hope in hell.

Mourinho is their man for the long run, and they have realized that they must act quickly to get him in with Chelsea snooping around.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 7, 2013, 10:35:15 pm »
United will have to come out with a statement fairly sharpish - United's stock will tumble on the Asian Markets.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #61 on: May 7, 2013, 10:35:15 pm »
??? yeah ok... roberto martinez my wigan team lose 8-0 every season to be feared....

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #62 on: May 7, 2013, 10:35:41 pm »
Times saying that Mourinho has delayed talks with Chelsea

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63 on: May 7, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »
I would.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 7, 2013, 10:36:20 pm »

I know we aren't as powerful as in the past but its not that bad that we need to be scared of Roberto Martinez.

Offline Damien1990

• Main Stander
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #65 on: May 7, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »

Yeah. If he is to retire I'd expect it to be announced at the end of the season or it coming out suddenly like this. Whether it is true or not I'll expect we will find out soon as the uncertainty will affect the club's shares.

With the stories about Moyes becoming number 2 at United, it isn't a great time for us right now. Hardly anyone I know wants him - and for good reason.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #66 on: May 7, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »
He probably considers it every few months considering his age and what he has achieved. It's one of those things that isn't really news for me until it comes from his mouth, otherwise you could say he is retiring every year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67 on: May 7, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »
Chelsea need to discuss terms of buying out his Madrid deal first don't forget.....

Means nothing by itself
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #68 on: May 7, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

Isn't it more that Chelsea are balking at paying Madrid €20m for someone they sacked a few years ago, hence why it has stalled?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 7, 2013, 10:37:41 pm »
Please be Moyes, please be Moyes.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #70 on: May 7, 2013, 10:37:54 pm »
Sorry I spoke now.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 7, 2013, 10:37:55 pm »

Well there's a surprise. He gives this impression to people about loving former clubs but when the chance comes up which benefits him, all that act goes out the window.

Why anyone would want him as a manager is beyond me.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #72 on: May 7, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »
Its not harder - It was knockout from the start and was all champions - and we won it back to back and all
So many teams won it back to back, Madrid won it six times, Ajax and Bayern won it three times in a row. I get the feeling when Liverpool supporters protest this if the shoe was on the other foot they would think vice versa.

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #73 on: May 7, 2013, 10:38:18 pm »
Yeah. If he is to retire I'd expect it to be announced at the end of the season or it coming out suddenly like this. Whether it is true or not I'll expect we will find out soon as the uncertainty will affect the club's shares.

With the stories about Moyes becoming number 2 at United, it isn't a great time for us right now. Hardly anyone I know wants him - and for good reason.
They'd surely want to let there be a last home game to let the fans pay tribute, say goodbye etc?

Offline Damien1990

• Main Stander
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #74 on: May 7, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
Rumours of an announcement at 11pm.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #75 on: May 7, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »
Ah bollocks he'll be there next season.

news like this if true has sprouted arms and a head by now

The 96, Thatcher and this was asking too much
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #76 on: May 7, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
So many teams won it back to back, Madrid won it six times, Ajax and Bayern won it three times in a row. I get the feeling when Liverpool supporters protest this if the shoe was on the other foot they would think vice versa.

Knock out from the start made it harder

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 7, 2013, 10:39:39 pm »
Hope Jose signs for Chelsea soon then. Him settling down at United for his long term future is a scary thought.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 7, 2013, 10:39:49 pm »
Isn't it more that Chelsea are balking at paying Madrid €20m for someone they sacked a few years ago, hence why it has stalled?
That's the case, Perez won't let Mourinho leave unless he has got that €20m release clause in his bank account. Mourinho's recent quotes at his press conferences hinted that he wanted the sack.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #79 on: May 7, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »
Well there's a surprise. He gives this impression to people about loving former clubs but when the chance comes up which benefits him, all that act goes out the window.

Why anyone would want him as a manager is beyond me.

He's a vile human being isn't he. Major arse-licking after Real knocked United out of the CL because he knows they want him there, but after nothing materialised he went back to idolozing Chelsea. Now that the United job is back on, he's quicker on that than a fly on shite.