Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3063180 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #3160 on: May 26, 2023, 02:24:34 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)
Gravenberch (after a 6 week tussle)
Inacio or Van de Ven (soon)

Something like that would be my best guess, as things look to be shaping up. Mind you, it’s impossible to tell what will happen, as there are so many variables.

Nothing wrong with that as long as the fees are sensible. We will scream desperate if Lavia and Mac Allister combined cost us £100m and more.

Also it would help us get top four. People should forget about City, we are not putting out an 11 anywhere close to what they will put out. Our challenge is to improve, get into the top four and if we are serious about a title challenge hope to see significant improvements in the performances of Diaz and Nunez.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3161 on: May 26, 2023, 02:25:23 pm »
Thing is the FSG fans who are admitting right now they have to back Klopp and believe they will (Avens and co) this summer will be on here in August coming up with excuses for them when they don't. 

"We are self sustaining"
"We didn't have UCL money"
"We aren't owned by a state"
"They saved us"

Stop calling people who don't follow your tune FSG fans, it is so irritating for people to dress it up in this pathetic manner.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: May 26, 2023, 02:27:25 pm »
Stop calling people who don't follow your tune FSG fans, it is so irritating for people to dress it up in this pathetic manner.
Are FSG fans "Top Reds"?, it's all so confusing nowadays.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3163 on: May 26, 2023, 02:28:50 pm »
Nothing wrong with that as long as the fees are sensible. We will scream desperate if Lavia and Mac Allister combined cost us £100m and more.

Also it would help us get top four. People should forget about City, we are not putting out an 11 anywhere close to what they will put out. Our challenge is to improve, get into the top four and if we are serious about a title challenge hope to see significant improvements in the performances of Diaz and Nunez.

I would imagine those 4 would cost us about £160 million, although I think beyond Lavia that's decent value.

With the £40 million being quoted for Lavia I just think we can get better for that amount, or similar for cheaper.

I think for that price you may as well go for Kone - I don't think k he is the finished article, far from it, but he seems more established and apparently about £10 million cheaper than Lavia.

In any event such signings would help for top 4. I don't think they guarentee it, far from it, but they help

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3164 on: May 26, 2023, 02:30:02 pm »

Absolutely fucking tiring is what it is.

I don't watch a whole lot of football outside of Liverpool games, and we're being linked with a hell of a lot of players. It would be good to have a thread I could go and read posts from some of the genuinely knowledgeable, wider footballing watching members (and Samie) about these players without having to go through the shitloads of posts going on about the financial terms (which they know fuck all about) or the owners (go and do that in their thread).

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: May 26, 2023, 02:30:45 pm »
I would imagine those 4 would cost us about £160 million, although I think beyond Lavia that's decent value.

With the £40 million being quoted for Lavia I just think we can get better for that amount, or similar for cheaper.

I think for that price you may as well go for Kone - I don't think k he is the finished article, far from it, but he seems more established and apparently about £10 million cheaper than Lavia

I havent seen Ignacio play and I am a big fan of Gravenberch but if we invest £160m on that then it would be absolutely mad. Whats the point having a supposedly excellent analytics department and then saying here you are, heres a list anyone could have made at home.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: May 26, 2023, 02:32:41 pm »
Care to elaborate who exactly the FSG fans are in people?
I'm not accusing anyone of being either of the top groups I mentioned, I'm merely trying to ascertain if FSG fans actually are what shoppers refer to as "Top Reds" is all.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: May 26, 2023, 02:35:24 pm »
I havent seen Ignacio play and I am a big fan of Gravenberch but if we invest £160m on that then it would be absolutely mad. Whats the point having a supposedly excellent analytics department and then saying here you are, heres a list anyone could have made at home.

Gravenberch and Ignacio do seem a bit more out there so in need of the analytics, I think they'll costs about £60 mill for the two but that doesn't seem outrageous.

I think £60 million for Mac Allister isn't bad with the running rate - for a midfielder performing very well for club and country (in the PL for the club) in today's market that seems fine when you consider midfielders from lower leagues or midfielders doing poorly cost £50 million.

Lavia for £40 million seems like a bad deal right now, that's the one I would be questioning

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3168 on: May 26, 2023, 02:35:27 pm »
I'm not accusing anyone of being either of the top groups I mentioned, I'm merely trying to ascertain if FSG fans actually are what shoppers refer to as "Top Reds" is all.

I read your post  as being a bit tongue in cheek, bit like “Are FSG the baddies now?”.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3169 on: May 26, 2023, 02:35:54 pm »

FSG's home strip is mauve shirt and shorts with yellow socks. So I think, technically, FSG fans would be "Top Mauves".

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: May 26, 2023, 02:51:32 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)

Something like that would be my best guess, as things look to be shaping up. Mind you, it’s impossible to tell what will happen, as there are so many variables.
Hope not. If we're signing three midfielders you'd hope more than one can go straight into the first team.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: May 26, 2023, 02:56:39 pm »

Is the thought process in not replacing Fabinho that we will simply have more bodies in midfield with the new system? if this is the case then i can see us sticking with only 2 midfielders, one defender and a forward since Carvalho could go on loan

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: May 26, 2023, 02:57:12 pm »
Is the thought process in not replacing Fabinho that we will simply have more bodies in midfield with the new system? if this is the case then i can see us sticking with only 2 midfielders, one defender and a forward since Carvalho could go on loan

Not sure compromising on footballers is the best approach.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3173 on: May 26, 2023, 02:59:37 pm »

Lavia would be a good signing. He's probably not ready to play all the games but he's 19 and looks like Fabinho isn't going anywhere.

What is good about him other than (hidden) potential? What have you seen in his games this season that makes you think it would be a good signing? Even his coach said that he hasn't been good.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3174 on: May 26, 2023, 03:09:23 pm »
The analysts is to determine if they fit within our system. Scouts are the ones that identify hidden gems.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: May 26, 2023, 03:15:34 pm »
Can people stop talking about Bellingham? We are never meeting his £350,000 per week after tax wage demands. The boy and his father are money grabbers, and we don't like people like that anywhere near our club ...

Why all of a sudden have they become money grabbers? A month ago he was loved and everyone thought it was great that he had virtually chosen us.

Cue FSG saying you're not having the money for him if you want others as well. He then goes to another elite team who are willing to pay him a massive wage. I doubt he held Madrid to ransom over the exact amount, but they were willing to pay whatever. Why not make a few bob?

Typical Rawk. We love him. He's not coming to us. Oh, hes a c*nt then.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: May 26, 2023, 03:24:05 pm »
I hope we don't sign Lavia because it'd signal that we're pushing for a top 4 place and not the title. This strategy of signing young players with potential reminds me of Wenger's Arsenal when they went 9 years without a trophy. They only started winning again after they signed the likes of Ozil and Sanchez.

People will defend anything on here anyway but Lavia is not at the level required (right now) if we want to compete.

Not necessarily true, with us only being in the EL, we will have more playing time to allow a player that was slightly more of a project the time they needed to settle in. Obviously, this would need to be in addition to two midfield signings that were ready to start right away.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: May 26, 2023, 03:41:49 pm »
MacAllister (soon)
Lavia (soon)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: May 26, 2023, 03:42:15 pm »
At least you'll have company then.

When I didn't go to the funny farm after the war in Bosnia, I am certainly not going there after a transfer window ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: May 26, 2023, 03:47:02 pm »
A couple of pages ago an agreement seemed to be reached about discussing the attributes of players we are interested in/suit our style.

Yet again it’s degenerated into an FSG knocking thread, when one of them exists.

To be honest, some people are on this forum just to criticize FSG, and don't have much clue about football in general ...

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: May 26, 2023, 03:50:22 pm »
We can't sign anyone transfer window hasn't opened.

Aren't we currently IN a We-can't-sign-anyone transfer window?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: May 26, 2023, 04:05:21 pm »
Am I the only one that admires Peter's flat out reluctance to be taken the piss out of ? I don't know if he's right, you're righter nobody is right, but he bats it all down like a pro.  God speed Peter, your opinion is as valid as anyones (although no more valid).

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3182 on: May 26, 2023, 04:08:39 pm »
An article on Lavia by someone who's actually watch him consistently this season...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/05/why-sky-is-the-limit-for-lfc-target-romeo-lavia-he-has-all-the-tools/

No real meat on the bone here other than saying he was our best player and £40m is a bargain.

I'm not going to sit here and say I've seen him every game. Maybe I've seen 3 or 4 Southampton games? So if we go by what his coaches say and other scouts say, he's physically impressive but no where near ready for the parts of the actual game where he has to use the ball but hopefully he can develop there in 2-3 years time. If so then he's probably one of the best in the league at that point which would be great. It just doesn't seem like he's what we need at the moment is what I think most are saying.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: May 26, 2023, 04:08:56 pm »
TNT Sports Argentina
@TNTSportsAR

Alexis Mac Allister will say goodbye to the Brighton fans after the game against Aston Villa, on Sunday for the Premier League

✅ The world champion is close to joining Liverpool, only final details remain

Not much new but hopefully we get the Orny or Joycey banger on Sunday night.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3184 on: May 26, 2023, 04:09:35 pm »
But Pep hugged him.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: May 26, 2023, 04:11:18 pm »
But Klopp will have to be at his most charming
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: May 26, 2023, 04:15:20 pm »
But Klopp will have to be at his most charming

He will. I mean, he doesn't knew his Claret from his Beaujolais for one thing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3187 on: May 26, 2023, 04:24:17 pm »
He will. I mean, he doesn't knew his Claret from his Beaujolais for one thing.

I got that one, obvs.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: May 26, 2023, 04:27:03 pm »
Thing is the FSG fans who are admitting right now they have to back Klopp and believe they will (Avens and co) this summer will be on here in August coming up with excuses for them when they don't. 

"We are self sustaining"
"We didn't have UCL money"
"We aren't owned by a state"
"They saved us"

I think most of 'us' see FSG as good owners that could be better and having had the cowboys, are content with them.
When what you say happens, most of us accept the reality and see how we go from there.

Too much about the FSG question is the black and white extremes, usually hurled by one side at the other and then reciprocated.

Personally I don't see Transfers=success and no transfers=failure. Transfers can be a success but they can also fail. Players can step up, regain form and also not do any of that. Football is a complex weave of questions and answers and I enjoy that. Seeing the journey along the way is why I support and why I watch. As it says above, we'll climb the hill in our own way.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: May 26, 2023, 04:33:55 pm »
César Luis Merlo
@CLMerlo
Alexis Mac Allister's arrival in Liverpool comes at a key moment: everything is well advanced and next week his father and agent will travel to England.
*The contractual offer is up to 2028 and it remains to finish accelerating and close the exit with Brighton.

Looks like next week we get comunicado oficial!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: May 26, 2023, 04:38:31 pm »
CL Merlo is Argie players Joyce. So it's done.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: May 26, 2023, 04:42:54 pm »
TNT Sports Argentina
@TNTSportsAR

Alexis Mac Allister will say goodbye to the Brighton fans after the game against Aston Villa, on Sunday for the Premier League

✅ The world champion is close to joining Liverpool, only final details remain

Not much new but hopefully we get the Orny or Joycey banger on Sunday night.
César Luis Merlo
@CLMerlo
Alexis Mac Allister's arrival in Liverpool comes at a key moment: everything is well advanced and next week his father and agent will travel to England.
*The contractual offer is up to 2028 and it remains to finish accelerating and close the exit with Brighton.

I must admit, I'd be very happy with this signing. I haven't paid much attention to him until the World Cup and the first links to us, but since then I've been watching him on quite a few ocassions, and I am very confident that he will be a huge player for us.

I understand why some people don't share my enthusiasm (yet), since Mac Allister is one of those "jack of all trades, master of none" players, but I have a feeling that he will be an absolutely perfect fit for Jurgen's midfield, exactly because of that ...

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3192 on: May 26, 2023, 04:48:28 pm »
Mac Allister can't be the worst place to start this summer, surely. Interested to find out who the next one is who can come into that midfield and take it up a level from the start of next season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3193 on: May 26, 2023, 04:49:13 pm »
César Luis Merlo
@CLMerlo

As long as it’s comunicado and not incommunicado or, even worse, excommunicado.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3194 on: May 26, 2023, 04:51:05 pm »
He's a very good player but I'm still not convinced about the price.  There has to better value out there, especially with our limited budget.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: May 26, 2023, 04:51:16 pm »
As long as it’s comunicado and not incommunicado or, even worse, excommunicado.

I read that in Lovejoy's voice.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: May 26, 2023, 04:54:12 pm »
He's a very good player but I'm still not convinced about the price.  There has to better value out there, especially with our limited budget.
We're spending big this summer mate. Just wait and see.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: May 26, 2023, 04:58:56 pm »

If we get the external investment it changes things.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: May 26, 2023, 05:00:31 pm »

;D That warchest will finally reveal itself.. about time!!!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: May 26, 2023, 05:00:36 pm »

Every player I've seen us linked to has been pretty expensive, I don't really understand who these bargains are that people are holding out for.