Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3078728 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #3040 on: May 26, 2023, 10:39:39 am »
I'm sure Kovacic only has a year left on his contract at Chelsea, Could pick him up for something like £15m maybe. They need to sell so.

Hasn't he had a lot of injury problems the last few years?

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3041 on: May 26, 2023, 10:39:40 am »
Every other top 6 club manages to spend when they haven't qualified for CL. If FSG can't or won't then it's time for them to actually get investment in to enable that or leave altogether.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: May 26, 2023, 10:40:12 am »
I do think Mac Allister will happen. With the news of Mount wanting Utd I think it could well have been Mac Allister or Mount rather than both and Mac Allister is cheaper.

I think will be Mac Allister, one young midfielder like Scott and that Wolfsburg defender now.

£100m then sales to bring it back down to around £50m/£60m net in fees but significant savings in wages.
7 we will still have people defending FSG

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: May 26, 2023, 10:40:29 am »
But we haven't signed anyone anyway, nor has Bellingham signed for anyone, as far as I know? So we "cut our losses" by not signing him nor - as yet - anyone else? Makes no sense. Then it seems we chased Mount, who ... has chosen a CL club (and massive wages) by most reports, anyway. I mean, what are we doing? It looks like a never-ending mess from the outside. We could still have gone after other players whilst our CL fate became clear, surely?

I'm sorry but this paragraph sums up why this thread and transfer speculation is a load of shite

We've heard Mount might be a target = we've been chasing him

We've heard United might be his preference = United have signed him and We've embarrassingly failed in our chase and are therefore a never ending mess.

Literally nothing has happened and the season isn't even over yet FFS

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: May 26, 2023, 10:41:20 am »
Brap! Brap! Brap!

Not sure it was high praise…was just the obvious response to go with. :D
Oh No!

Guess we're at a Crossroads then (I know thats a different crew but whatevs)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: May 26, 2023, 10:42:48 am »
I think the club definitely see #6 as less of a priority than we do. We're targeting more technically capable midfielders to play further up the pitch, but we clearly still seem to want players who can cover a lot of ground too, rather than trading athleticism for technical ability. We're probably willing to spend more of our budget there as that type of player is typically more expensive.

Fabinho looked a lot better recently when the midfield around him has had a bit more athleticism, I'd bet the coaches think that if we can fix the midfield in front of him and perfect Trent in that inverted role, then we'll see the best of Fabinho again, which is why we're targeting a project player rather than a replacement. That's not to say a clear upgrade in that position wouldn't be ideal, but we seem happy to sacrifice in that area so we can pour more funds into the positions further forward.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: May 26, 2023, 10:44:40 am »
Jurgen Klopp on Fabio Carvalho:

"No player has impressed me more than Fabio. This boy came here with big dreams it didn't work out but his work ethic will give him a fantastic career. I think there’s a possibility that Carvalho will go on loan”

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: May 26, 2023, 10:44:43 am »
I do think Mac Allister will happen. With the news of Mount wanting Utd I think it could well have been Mac Allister or Mount rather than both and Mac Allister is cheaper.

I think will be Mac Allister, one young midfielder like Scott and that Wolfsburg defender now.

£100m then sales to bring it back down to around £50m/£60m net in fees but significant savings in wages.

Was always going to be around a 50 million net spend, I feel.  History doesn't lie.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3048 on: May 26, 2023, 10:45:36 am »
Hasn't he had a lot of injury problems the last few years?

Not nothing major, I don't think Chelsea have offered him a new contract so we could pick him up on the cheap.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: May 26, 2023, 10:47:35 am »
Was always going to be around a 50 million net spend, I feel.  History doesn't lie.

Well if that’s the case and we don’t improve the Klopp won’t be here the season after.

FSG need to back him this summer.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3050 on: May 26, 2023, 10:47:58 am »

I'll genuinely lose my head if this happens. Saying that nothing would really surprise me.

Two starting quality centre mids, minimum. And a third on top of that would be nice even if he's more of a 'project' player. I actually think if we could guarantee fitness from the four central defenders we'd fare OK in that department, especially if the CM signings work out and lift us, but think another centre back who could challenge for a place would be more than welcomed.

On the midfielders, I'm amazed that the idea of signing three is seemingly 'out there' - We're losing three senior players this summer in that position, and while their contributions this season have been minimal, the idea that we can actually go down numbers wise while retaining injury prone players like Henderson and Fabinho, and an extremely injury prone player like Thiago is baffling, especially with two into their 30s now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3051 on: May 26, 2023, 10:48:27 am »

"No player has impressed me more than Fabio. This boy came here with big dreams it didn't work out but his work ethic will give him a fantastic career. I think there’s a possibility that Carvalho will go on loan”

:(
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3052 on: May 26, 2023, 10:49:32 am »

Haha he doesn't half talk some bollocks sometimes.  No player has impressed him more than Carvalho but he won't play him in any matches and he's sending him out on loan.  The fantastic career comment suggests he's not really got a future with us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3053 on: May 26, 2023, 10:50:35 am »

Weird as place I read the quote has it as...

“This was not Fabio’s [Carvalho] best season of his career but it may be his most important. No player has impressed me more. He hasn’t played much but his work ethic will give him a fantastic career. His reaction was unbelievable. We will see if he goes on loan.”

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: May 26, 2023, 10:51:19 am »
Not nothing major, I don't think Chelsea have offered him a new contract so we could pick him up on the cheap.

Hmmm fair enough. Just seen he had missed 13 games last year in the PL and 11 games so far this year, so thought it was a bit of injury troubles

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3055 on: May 26, 2023, 10:51:21 am »

Blunt.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: May 26, 2023, 10:51:30 am »
I’ve see more people on this thread moaning about perceived moaning than I have people genuinely moaning   :-X

That's simply not true though is it. I've just read a string of 5 or 6 posts moaning about Klopp's latest interview, interspersed with moaning about not signing Bellingham, topped off with some moaning about us not signing anyone yet (seriously). The people who are agreeing with you are some of the biggest moaners going.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: May 26, 2023, 10:53:02 am »

“This was not Fabio’s [Carvalho] best season of his career but it may be his most important. No player has impressed me more. He hasn’t played much but his work ethic will give him a fantastic career. His reaction was unbelievable. We will see if he goes on loan.”

See that makes a lot more sense as a quote

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: May 26, 2023, 10:53:25 am »
That's simply not true though is it. I've just read a string of 5 or 6 posts moaning about Klopp's latest interview, interspersed with moaning about not signing Bellingham, topped off with some moaning about us not signing anyone yet (seriously). The people who are agreeing with you are some of the biggest moaners going.

Have you got any actual football opinions?

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: May 26, 2023, 10:53:30 am »
7 we will still have people defending FSG

We won't, but I'm not gonna get pissed off with FSG because one of the most pessimistic posters to ever grace this fine forum has declared that's what will happen. IF it does, fine, it won't be enough, but for fucks sake, the window hasn't opened yet. Clinical providing his valuable insight is not a reason to kick off about our transfer activity.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: May 26, 2023, 10:54:55 am »
Have you got any actual football opinions?

I have loads but I'm not sure this is the thread for them  ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: May 26, 2023, 10:57:08 am »
Difference is the people who are talking about Klopp's interview or transfer targets are following the threads topic (with some OTT moaning, in a small number of cases).

Whereas the people who open this thread, read comments that they think constitute moaning, and then make posts only to moan about those people. Well let's just say the irony isn't lost on the rest of us

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: May 26, 2023, 10:59:38 am »
That is way to sensible for this thread.  :)

Thanks Jill – nice to know that I'm not simply shouting into the void.

Online RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: May 26, 2023, 11:00:14 am »
Did klopp say there will delays with our signings?

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: May 26, 2023, 11:03:04 am »
We won't, but I'm not gonna get pissed off with FSG because one of the most pessimistic posters to ever grace this fine forum has declared that's what will happen. IF it does, fine, it won't be enough, but for fucks sake, the window hasn't opened yet. Clinical providing his valuable insight is not a reason to kick off about our transfer activity.
People do love to do.the whole "here's what I think is going to happen,  lets moan about what I think is going to happen". Itw a transfer forum special,  you're spot on. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: May 26, 2023, 11:03:13 am »
Did klopp say there will delays with our signings?

He said that in an ideal world we’d get our business done early but he accepts that that likely won’t happen and is fine with it.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: May 26, 2023, 11:03:43 am »
I'm sorry but this paragraph sums up why this thread and transfer speculation is a load of shite

Don't click it then, pretty simple solution

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: May 26, 2023, 11:05:50 am »

Taken straight from the Echo mate.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: May 26, 2023, 11:06:38 am »
Difference is the people who are talking about Klopp's interview or transfer targets are following the threads topic (with some OTT moaning, in a small number of cases).

Whereas the people who open this thread, read comments that they think constitute moaning, and then make posts only to moan about those people. Well let's just say the irony isn't lost on the rest of us

Sure, but when the thread is cluttered with posts like these:

Hopefully it turns around, but at the moment our proposed targets look pretty underwhelming in a sense that it is both nowhere near enough to fix what needs fixing and also weight of transfers is misplaced in wrong positions in my opinion. I was hoping and expecting we would sign three first team ready mifdfield players, placing the biggest emphasis (and chunk of money) on a physical, dominant destroyer who can also bring it up the pitch. As it stands we're nowhere near this scenario.

a response to suggest that reaching these conclusions is perhaps a little ahead of time, is perfectly justified.

The tone in here is overwhelmingly negative. I'm suggesting that we might be better off discussing players that might potentially sign for us and debating their merits, rather than being angry at everyone behind the scenes because we've been linked with Lavia.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: May 26, 2023, 11:08:01 am »
It doesn't mean i don't enjoy engaging in transfer speculation.  Doesn't mean its not a load of shite though. To be honest RAWK used to be a lot more open about the fact it was a pile of shite and there used to be a lot more humour in the transfer threads whereas this thread is usually always on super serious mode.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: May 26, 2023, 11:09:11 am »

He might be hoping to see a bit of transfer speculation, rather than complaints about who we have and haven't signed. In May.

Offline Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: May 26, 2023, 11:10:49 am »
It doesn't mean i don't enjoy engaging in transfer speculation.  Doesn't mean its not a load of shite though. To be honest RAWK used to be a lot more open about the fact it was a pile of shite and there used to be a lot more humour in the transfer threads whereas this thread is usually always on super serious mode.

Are you suggesting we bring back the bears?

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: May 26, 2023, 11:17:34 am »
Are you suggesting we bring back the bears?
Eventually there will be a new player to emerge by the name of Bent and we will be taken back to the glory days

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3073 on: May 26, 2023, 11:19:51 am »
Eventually there will be a new player to emerge by the name of Bent and we will be taken back to the glory days

Fuck it, it’s Gomis ….. great days

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: May 26, 2023, 11:20:07 am »

Nailed it, the lack of self awareness is comical.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: May 26, 2023, 11:21:00 am »
The one thing I will say is that we are in danger as a club on is being too downcast on this, and this transferring to how we try and attract players.

Jurgen Klopp should be firm with FSG in the background and say he wants his targets in as soon as the window opens, get business done early and then next season we fight for the title and go as far as we can in the Europa League.

The impression I’m seeing as of right now is one of negativity and it needs to be stamped out as soon as. Equally the club need to identify the requisite players and get them in, we can’t be taking risks with gaps in positions as that will be fatal.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: May 26, 2023, 11:21:12 am »
I'll genuinely lose my head if this happens. Saying that nothing would really surprise me.

Two starting quality centre mids, minimum. And a third on top of that would be nice even if he's more of a 'project' player. I actually think if we could guarantee fitness from the four central defenders we'd fare OK in that department, especially if the CM signings work out and lift us, but think another centre back who could challenge for a place would be more than welcomed.

On the midfielders, I'm amazed that the idea of signing three is seemingly 'out there' - We're losing three senior players this summer in that position, and while their contributions this season have been minimal, the idea that we can actually go down numbers wise while retaining injury prone players like Henderson and Fabinho, and an extremely injury prone player like Thiago is baffling, especially with two into their 30s now.

Without investment I won't expect much more.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3077 on: May 26, 2023, 11:22:21 am »

Does the irony stretch to your moaning about moaning?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3078 on: May 26, 2023, 11:25:22 am »
Thanks Jill – nice to know that I'm not simply shouting into the void.

You are best to just check this thread once in a while, otherwise you just get bogged down. It's not that I don't understand the worry that people have, it's understandable. But I am finding it ever more impossible to get too upset for the simple reason the game is pretty much buggered anyway. I really expected to be more bothered about missing out on the CL but it's barely bothered me in truth, maybe the whole football thing is meaning less and less to me.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: May 26, 2023, 11:26:57 am »
I hope we make our signings early. Three more months of this, and some people in this thread might end up at the funny farm ...