Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 758503 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #2800 on: April 27, 2019, 10:24:44 am »
Fingers crossed he can stay fit but him and Naby next season will destroy teams

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2801 on: April 27, 2019, 11:00:10 am »
so great to see him back... when fully fit he is certain starter imo.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2802 on: April 27, 2019, 11:13:05 am »
Felt so good seeing him back in the team and he looked pretty nimble if still well off the pace.  Would be surprised if he feature in any of the remaining matches unless we're well on top but this is a huge step for him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: April 27, 2019, 12:07:06 pm »
Felt so good seeing him back in the team and he looked pretty nimble if still well off the pace.  Would be surprised if he feature in any of the remaining matches unless we're well on top but this is a huge step for him.

yeah - it's unlikely that he would be thrown on if we were chasing a goal or level.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2804 on: April 27, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »
yeah - it's unlikely that he would be thrown on if we were chasing a goal or level.

If he is capable of doing the final 15 minutes or so, then to have a player like him coming on could be the difference. Klopp knows full well were he is at, so if he does come on, we know he is ready.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2805 on: April 27, 2019, 12:34:44 pm »
Would be surprised if he can do even 15 minutes at the required intensity.  He was strolling through the game last night.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2806 on: April 27, 2019, 02:08:42 pm »
Great to see him back.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2807 on: April 27, 2019, 03:28:02 pm »
It’s great to have him back. He’ll definitely push Keita, Henderson, Gini, Fabinho and Lallana to improve and play to their best to try to keep him off the team. Looking forward to seeing him regain full match fitness.
#JFT97

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2808 on: April 27, 2019, 05:53:22 pm »
I know it's a cliché, but it's like having a new signing.

A good preseason and we could have a tremendous 'signing' there.

Welcome back Ox!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2809 on: April 27, 2019, 08:32:40 pm »
He looked good imo. He did a little sprint and he was still explosive.
That's the best thing about his little cameo today, to be honest.
The absolute best thing!

He won't feature against Barca, but I think the reason why he, Gomez, Origi, Sturridge, Shaqiri got time today was because of Newcastle. I think he will see another cameo there.

There are 2 days between the Barca and Newcastle games this coming week.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 08:42:32 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: April 28, 2019, 12:28:41 am »
Would be surprised if he can do even 15 minutes at the required intensity.  He was strolling through the game last night.
We were winning, he was probably advised against going all out in his fist game back.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2811 on: April 29, 2019, 11:02:11 pm »
About to get a one year contract extension...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-plans-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-14970249

Makes sense.  Gives him time to show he can return to top form, gives us time to assess that without giving him a huge contract ...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: April 29, 2019, 11:03:56 pm »
About to get a one year contract extension...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-plans-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-14970249

Makes sense.  Gives him time to show he can return to top form, gives us time to assess that without giving him a huge contract ...

Why would we be obliged to give him a huge contract?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2813 on: April 29, 2019, 11:07:10 pm »
Why would we be obliged to give him a huge contract?
He’s been at the club two years. In a hear he would only have two years left on his contract. It would then be the time to renew his contract with him having two years left.

Giving the extra year gives everyone a years breathing space to see where we are.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: April 29, 2019, 11:10:37 pm »
He’s been at the club two years. In a hear he would only have two years left on his contract. It would then be the time to renew his contract with him having two years left.

Giving the extra year gives everyone a years breathing space to see where we are.

Two years is still a decent amount of time though. If he does well then we can offer him the contract he truly deserves and warrants. If he doesnt then we can sell him that summer and still get a good fee if we want. We paid a healthy amount for him even though he only had 12 months left.

I am not against the extension or anything, just doesnt seem completely obvious why you would give one now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: April 29, 2019, 11:22:00 pm »
Two years is still a decent amount of time though. If he does well then we can offer him the contract he truly deserves and warrants. If he doesnt then we can sell him that summer and still get a good fee if we want. We paid a healthy amount for him even though he only had 12 months left.

I am not against the extension or anything , just doesnt seem completely obvious why you would give one now.

It's quite obvious that the manager and the club think highly of him and want to show that they care and are willing to reward him and motivate him even further.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: April 29, 2019, 11:29:57 pm »
It's quite obvious that the manager and the club think highly of him and want to show that they care and are willing to reward him and motivate him even further.

Yes I forgot to add that it is a nice gesture and it does show support and belief in the player. I just didnt get the idea of a new contract as an asset protecting exercise right now.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2817 on: April 30, 2019, 12:03:38 am »
Let him find his feet again before new contracts are on the cards id say,if that reports right fair enough. I dont think he will get a big bump in salary though,why?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #2818 on: April 30, 2019, 12:09:35 am »
I don't think we should be renewing his contract until midway through next year. Maybe start of the season, after pre-season, at the very soonest.

It would imprudent risk management on our part to immediately extend a guy that's just come back from 12 months out, with 2 years left on his contract without seeing how he performs for a period of time.

I suppose from the perspective of salary, we'd probably in quite a strong position right now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 01:10:52 am by Redcap »

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: April 30, 2019, 12:41:19 am »
I don't think we should be renewing his contract until midway through next year. Maybe start of the season, after pre-season, at the very soonest.

It would imprudent risk management on our part to immediately extend a guy that's just come back from 12 months out, with 2 years left on his contract, an extension, without seeing how he performs for a period of time.

I suppose from the perspective of salary, we'd probably in quite a strong position right now.

I wouldn't worry about it all for at least a year. Brings a bonus to our squad that others dream about.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: April 30, 2019, 12:45:33 am »
Yes I forgot to add that it is a nice gesture and it does show support and belief in the player. I just didnt get the idea of a new contract as an asset protecting exercise right now.

Because it's clearly the opposite of an asset protecting exercise. It's a show of faith in the player, but also a goodwill gesture.

Rather than forcing the issue and pressuring him to prove his worth, we're providing an environment where he doesn't need to rush his continued recovery in the next year in a way that might endanger his career. And if that absolute worst case were to arise, we're guaranteeing a little extra earnings protecting the player

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: April 30, 2019, 01:11:33 am »
Because it's clearly the opposite of an asset protecting exercise. It's a show of faith in the player, but also a goodwill gesture.

Rather than forcing the issue and pressuring him to prove his worth, we're providing an environment where he doesn't need to rush his continued recovery in the next year in a way that might endanger his career. And if that absolute worst case were to arise, we're guaranteeing a little extra earnings protecting the player

I mean, the absolute worst case would be that he becomes a latter day Alberto Aquilani on a 3 year contract that we can't recoup our losses on, so I don't know that we would be guaranteeing extra earnings.

With that said, I like Ox very much and I do like the idea of showing faith in a player. I think it speaks well of our values as a club and promotes a positive culture for current and future players.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: April 30, 2019, 01:27:30 am »
I mean, the absolute worst case would be that he becomes a latter day Alberto Aquilani on a 3 year contract that we can't recoup our losses on, so I don't know that we would be guaranteeing extra earnings.

With that said, I like Ox very much and I do like the idea of showing faith in a player. I think it speaks well of our values as a club and promotes a positive culture for current and future players.

Yeah, I meant extra earnings for him not the club.

Your second paragraph is exactly my point, and it adds to making us an employer that people will currently like working for, and other people will want to work for in future.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #2823 on: April 30, 2019, 01:49:42 am »

It would imprudent risk management on our part to immediately extend a guy that's just come back from 12 months out, with 2 years left on his contract without seeing how he performs for a period of time.

Agreed
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: April 30, 2019, 02:30:58 am »

Clearly the club knows what they're doing

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: April 30, 2019, 03:06:54 am »
Clearly the club knows what they're doing

That's been my general feeling about the club pretty much from the moment Klopp became our manager. We've been incredibly well run. I think FSG has always been pretty canny as a sports franchise owner, but I think Klopp, in addition to being one of the top coaches around, appears to be one of the best human beings I've encountered in sport. It makes for a version of the club that we can all feel very proud of.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: April 30, 2019, 03:44:29 am »
That's been my general feeling about the club pretty much from the moment Klopp became our manager. We've been incredibly well run. I think FSG has always been pretty canny as a sports franchise owner, but I think Klopp, in addition to being one of the top coaches around, appears to be one of the best human beings I've encountered in sport. It makes for a version of the club that we can all feel very proud of.

Well said. It's been a very long time [in fact I can't remember it before in my lifetime] since we've been in sync from top to bottom, owners,manager,players,everyone involved with the club all on the same page.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2827 on: April 30, 2019, 04:00:36 am »
Well said. It's been a very long time [in fact I can't remember it before in my lifetime] since we've been in sync from top to bottom, owners,manager,players,everyone involved with the club all on the same page.

Houllier 01 maybe? That was when I became a fan and everything seemed to be ticking along.

Although Fowler and Thompson don't seem to have been getting along so...
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2828 on: May 4, 2019, 04:04:37 am »
With Keith out I think we need 40 out of Ox against Barca, I hope he has it in him
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: May 4, 2019, 04:06:37 am »
With Keith out I think we need 40 out of Ox against Barca, I hope he has it in him

He doesn’t. And certainly not at the intensity we required. Not to mention we can’t bring him on as a sub if there’s any prospect of extra time.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2830 on: May 4, 2019, 05:07:46 am »
He doesn’t. And certainly not at the intensity we required. Not to mention we can’t bring him on as a sub if there’s any prospect of extra time.

What a great tool for extra-time though ;)
« Last Edit: May 4, 2019, 04:18:33 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: May 5, 2019, 05:40:47 pm »
Would love if he could somehow start against Barca.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: May 6, 2019, 04:06:32 pm »
David Lynch @LynchStandard
2m
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain not part of #LFC training. Appeared to pull something while warming up at half-time at St James’ Park on Saturday. Looks like another unfortunate setback.

Maddock:

There are no specific reasons why Van Dijk and Ox are not participating in training sessions, both are doing individual bespoke sessions and have missed opening training for cameras. Both can be available for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2019, 04:14:22 pm by deFacto »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2833 on: May 7, 2019, 11:57:23 pm »
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain should be in a Champions League final squad, and the universe will have righted itself from a terrible injustice.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2834 on: May 7, 2019, 11:58:47 pm »
Hope he either starts in Madrid or comes on as a sub, he deserves to be a part of it.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: May 8, 2019, 12:02:23 am »
After seeing him crying on the pitch at the end of the final last year, I pray he's fit to play a part in this years final

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2836 on: May 8, 2019, 12:03:35 am »
It would be great to see him come on sometime in the final.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: May 8, 2019, 12:04:04 am »
After seeing him crying on the pitch at the end of the final last year, I pray he's fit to play a part in this years final

He was only out of tonight's match as a precaution due to a slight muscle strain so if everything goes well he should be fit.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: May 8, 2019, 12:04:58 am »
He was only out of tonight's match as a precaution due to a slight muscle strain so if everything goes well he should be fit.

Great news, cheers mate

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: May 8, 2019, 12:13:26 pm »
Would love to see him be part of our team in Madrid.