Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 984406 times)

Online kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
Re: The PL run-in
« Reply #3800 on: April 10, 2021, 06:47:25 pm »
Absolutely no chance of this happening.

why?
I'd suggest there IS a chance. And you're talking bollocks.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3801 on: April 10, 2021, 06:48:47 pm »
why?
I'd suggest there IS a chance. And you're talking bollocks.
Cause it's tomorrow ;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3802 on: April 10, 2021, 06:49:53 pm »
Should do it from here really, that was one of our tougher fixtures left and they are a mid table side which says how kind we've got it. Potentially a few other things to our advantage too, the Utd game is sandwiched between their Europa league semi and they'll have top 4 tied up by then (though we hopefully have CL semi around that but seems unlikely at this moment). City's defeat today means they need a few more points yet and will hopefully try v Chelsea too which will be nice.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3803 on: April 10, 2021, 06:52:42 pm »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3804 on: April 10, 2021, 09:51:49 pm »
Massive win that, we might actually do it, but I reckon its us or Leicester. Chelsea look too strong at the moment.

We could do with West Ham winning tomorrow even though we would drop down a place. Keeps Leicester in sight and means we are playing for 3rd or 4th rather than just 4th.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3805 on: April 10, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Nah, draw. Leicester got a hard run of fixtures, West Ham havent

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3806 on: April 10, 2021, 10:40:19 pm »
Let's just focus on ourselves and continue winning. If we do that, we'll finish in the top four.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #3807 on: April 10, 2021, 11:07:57 pm »
Leeds away under the lights is going to be tough but at least we have 5 days rest following Madrid whatever happens. A draw in the WHU v Leicester and a Utd win would be the best outcomes tomorrow. Just got to keep winning and see what happens. I still think we’ll come up short but at least we’re giving it a good go.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #3808 on: April 10, 2021, 11:18:04 pm »
6 wins from 7 should do it for a top 4 finish(70 points)
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:54 am »
Massive win that, we might actually do it, but I reckon its us or Leicester. Chelsea look too strong at the moment.

Chelsea have dropped 5 points over their last 3 league games against Leeds, WBA and Crystal Palace. We have dropped none against Wolves, Arsenal and Aston Villa. Anyway ...

Leicester (56)

West Ham (a)
WBA (h)
Crystal Palace (h)
Southampton (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man Utd (a)
Chelsea (a)
Tottenham (h)

Chelsea (54)

Brighton (h)
West Ham (a)
Fulham (h)
Man City (a)
Arsenal (h)
Leicester (h)
Aston Villa (a)

LFC (52)

Leeds (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man Utd (a)
Southampton (h)
WBA (a)
Burnley (a)
Crystal Palace (h)

West Ham (52)

Leicester (h)
Newcastle (a)
Chelsea (h)
Burnley (a)
Everton (h)
Brighton (a)
WBA (a)
Southampton (h)

Tottenham (49)

Man Utd (h)
Everton (a)
Southampton (h)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Leeds (a)
Wolves (h)
Aston Villa (h)
Leicester (a)

Everton (47)

Brighton (a)
Tottenham (h)
Arsenal (a)
Aston Villa (h)
West Ham (a)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Wolves (h)
Man City (a)
Aston Villa (a) postponed fixture

Based on that, even the race for the 3rd spot is wide open, not only the race for the 4th spot. We will see how it goes ...

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3810 on: April 11, 2021, 01:04:36 pm »
Man City look like they have the title wrapped up leaving the rest to fight for the other 3 places. The contenders are Man United, Leicester, Ourselves, Chelsea, West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa, Spurs and Arsenal.
I think United will finish 2nd or 3rd and qualify. Then 2 out of Us, Leicester and Chelsea will complete the top 4.
I posted the above 2 months ago and it looks pretty accurate. Recent wins for us over Arsenal and Villa have ended any lingering hopes they had. Still think its 2 out of Leicester, Chelsea and Us to fill 3rd and 4th places

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: April 11, 2021, 01:16:29 pm »
I posted the above 2 months ago and it looks pretty accurate. Recent wins for us over Arsenal and Villa have ended any lingering hopes they had. Still think its 2 out of Leicester, Chelsea and Us to fill 3rd and 4th places

Wouldn't be against a Westham win today.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3812 on: April 11, 2021, 01:31:47 pm »
Let's just focus on ourselves and continue winning. If we do that, we'll finish in the top four.

This is all it comes down to for me. Every single other team in the mix is going to drop plenty of points. If we keep winning we don't need to think about anyone else.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #3813 on: April 11, 2021, 01:39:16 pm »
Wouldn't be against a Westham win today.
There’s not really a bad result for us in that game today. Either one rival or two rivals for the top four will drop points. I hope it’s both and 4 points dropped, but one of them and 3 points is fine too.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3814 on: April 11, 2021, 02:41:38 pm »
We essentially need perfect or near perfect runs in our last games, but if we do that, we are likely to get into one of the spots, as our contenders play each other and so have to drop points

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3815 on: April 11, 2021, 02:48:16 pm »
Hoping for a WH win today. Brendan seems to be having his usual end of season dip in form and could even miss out again if they're not careful.

Not worried by WH winning as they are still likely to drop off over the next few games.

As much as I hate saying it, I'd prefer a Manc win over Spurs as Mourinho needs to be out of this race early.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3816 on: April 11, 2021, 03:04:43 pm »
As it stands, this is a good result for us.

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3817 on: April 11, 2021, 03:08:10 pm »
Which part of 4th being a straight shootout between us and Chelsea don't people understand?!   Being happy with a West Ham win isn't an option!  I suppose the same people want a Spurs win as well do they so we end up back in 7th?!!  I don't get it.  There's six games left!  We ain't catching Leicester and United in that time.  Hoping for Chelsea, W Ham and Spurs defeats is the only way.  Get it?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3818 on: April 11, 2021, 03:11:04 pm »
Which part of 4th being a straight shootout between us and Chelsea don't people understand?!   Being happy with a West Ham win isn't an option!  I suppose the same people want a Spurs win as well do they so we end up back in 7th?!!  I don't get it.  There's six games left!  We ain't catching Leicester and United in that time.  Hoping for Chelsea, W Ham and Spurs defeats is the only way.  Get it?

There are 7 games left, right?

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3819 on: April 11, 2021, 03:12:27 pm »
IMO we need a win in all our games and see if we can get at least a draw v Utd.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3820 on: April 11, 2021, 03:13:34 pm »

Or 8, or 9, or even 6, depending on who you support.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3821 on: April 11, 2021, 03:14:45 pm »

It looks like WH are going to easily win currently and if they do and the Mancs beat Spurs then the total split between the four closest teams will be 4 points. Over 7 games with others playing each other it's more than possible.  If we don't win enough games it's on us but the suggestion that it's a two team race is not correct.

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3822 on: April 11, 2021, 03:15:37 pm »

Ok then 7!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3823 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16:19 pm »

We’re 4 points behind Leicester with 7 to play and they’re playing like arse and we have the easier fixtures
It’s a coin flip right now as to who finishes higher between us and them imo

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3824 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16:54 pm »
It looks like WH are going to easily win currently and if they do and the Mancs beat Spurs then the total split between the four closest teams will be 4 points. Over 7 games with others playing each other it's more than possible.  If we don't win enough games it's on us but the suggestion that it's a two team race is not correct.

Ok, true enough.  But I bet you 75% of our fans want United to lose today?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: April 11, 2021, 03:17:00 pm »
Ok then 7!

If we can get 5 wins out of the last 7 then we can catch Leicester.

If we don’t then we are not even catching Chelsea.

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3826 on: April 11, 2021, 03:18:42 pm »
We’re 4 points behind Leicester with 7 to play and they’re playing like arse and we have the easier fixtures
It’s a coin flip right now as to who finishes higher between us and them imo

TBF watching Leicester here, I#m all on board with them collapsing again like last year.  They're bottling it big time.  Today reminds me of their game away at Bournemouth last season 1-4.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: April 11, 2021, 03:19:39 pm »
We absolutely need a United win later. No chance anyone catches them.

West Ham look very good and other than Chelsea their fixtures are kind. Everton may roll over for them if they think it might mean they get 4th ahead of us.

Leicester and Chelsea have the toughest fixtures. I reckon Leicester will miss out on top 4.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: April 11, 2021, 03:20:41 pm »
Look at Leicester's fixtures and compare it to West Ham. They're bound to drop more points than West Ham, based on their form at the moment.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3829 on: April 11, 2021, 03:27:38 pm »
Someone a few posts up said it perfectly - we just need to concentrate on ourselves.

West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Spurs will all drop points. Even United are capable of dropping points, although I suspect they are too far away to be dragged back in. A few of them also have to play each other too. We're in a good position, just got to win as many games as we can and see where we are at. I do think we might have to Old Trafford and get a result, but we can do that.

Probably going to go down to the last game of the season, let's just keep on going and see where we're at in May.

Offline DTRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3830 on: April 11, 2021, 03:38:34 pm »

United are winning feck all as they aren't catching City and it's likely that nobody will catch them for second either. Our fans don't want a Spurs win today.   In the grand scheme of things it would mean nothing to the Mancs in regards to catching City and to welcome our challenge becoming more difficult by adding Spurs into the mix because of rivalry is a bit Toffee like.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3831 on: April 11, 2021, 03:40:59 pm »
West Ham look very good and other than Chelsea their fixtures are kind. Everton may roll over for them if they think it might mean they get 4th ahead of us.
I really don't understand comments like this at all, they're professionals, not a team of fans with an agenda.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3832 on: April 11, 2021, 03:42:39 pm »
I really don't understand comments like this at all, they're professionals, not a team of fans with an agenda.

Everton are in the mix themselves (above us if they win their games in hand) so they aren't going to slack off anyway.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #3833 on: April 11, 2021, 03:44:37 pm »
Why would they? I reckon almost everyone wants them to win.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3834 on: April 11, 2021, 03:45:29 pm »
Someone a few posts up said it perfectly - we just need to concentrate on ourselves.

West Ham, Everton, Leicester and Spurs will all drop points. Even United are capable of dropping points, although I suspect they are too far away to be dragged back in. A few of them also have to play each other too. We're in a good position, just got to win as many games as we can and see where we are at. I do think we might have to Old Trafford and get a result, but we can do that.

Probably going to go down to the last game of the season, let's just keep on going and see where we're at in May.

Obviously our margin for error is determined by other results, but we need to be winning 5 or 6 of our last 7 realistically. We just need to put the wins together.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3835 on: April 11, 2021, 03:45:42 pm »

Don't look particularly professional in derbies, if fans feelings has no impact why do they try and break legs in every derby?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3836 on: April 11, 2021, 03:48:20 pm »

We are very much in the race for the 3rd spot. A West Ham win today suits us ...

Leicester (56)

West Ham (a)
WBA (h)
Crystal Palace (h)
Southampton (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man Utd (a)
Chelsea (a)
Tottenham (h)

Chelsea (54)

Brighton (h)
West Ham (a)
Fulham (h)
Man City (a)
Arsenal (h)
Leicester (h)
Aston Villa (a)

LFC (52)

Leeds (a)
Newcastle (h)
Man Utd (a)
Southampton (h)
WBA (a)
Burnley (a)
Crystal Palace (h)

West Ham (52)

Leicester (h)
Newcastle (a)
Chelsea (h)
Burnley (a)
Everton (h)
Brighton (a)
WBA (a)
Southampton (h)

Tottenham (49)

Man Utd (h)
Everton (a)
Southampton (h)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Leeds (a)
Wolves (h)
Aston Villa (h)
Leicester (a)

Everton (47)

Brighton (a)
Tottenham (h)
Arsenal (a)
Aston Villa (h)
West Ham (a)
Sheffield Utd (h)
Wolves (h)
Man City (a)
Aston Villa (a) postponed fixture

Based on that, even the race for the 3rd spot is wide open, not only the race for the 4th spot. We will see how it goes ...

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3837 on: April 11, 2021, 03:49:19 pm »
Don't look particularly professional in derbies, if fans feelings has no impact why do they try and break legs in every derby?

Whenever we've been in a title race with City they've rolled over for them and then been all dogs of war against us. Difference was they had fuck all to play for. Finishing above the red shite is worth a trophy for them.

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3838 on: April 11, 2021, 04:11:10 pm »
Not enough respect being paid to West Ham's chances of top 4.

Apart from Chelsea they have very winnable games against teams low down the table.

It's OK wanting Leicester to drop down but I think that place could easily be West Ham's when you look at their fixtures.

I personally would have preferred a Leicester win today and let West Ham, Chelsea and ourselves battle it out for 4th.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3839 on: April 11, 2021, 04:12:56 pm »

United will not catch City and Spurs are one of our rivals for top 4. Logic dictates that a Utd win would be a good result for us today. Should want that to happen. I’ll take a draw.  ;)