Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 167559 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
Will every proposal I make end up in laughter. :(

How many more people on here have you proposed to Nick recently?  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2016, 07:35:17 am »
Does anyone else feel the same way we did during the Suarez title race 3 years back but in February/March that year? The important marker there is February/March because earlier in that season, although we were in the running, we always feared we'd fall off the rails at some point, not only for inconsistency but also that two injuries to our wafer thin squad, would ruin the whole race for us... but around February/March there was this real feeling that we were onto something special, and every single game from then on, was a true march for the title... which of course we let slip... but never mind, cos

the weird thing is that I have that very same feeling right now, and it's not even February/March, it's mid-November and I feel as if we're on that same train right now, with every game edging us closer to it. The fearful might think that's ridiculous, but that's what belief inside oneself feels like. Do you feel it too?
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2016, 07:26:49 pm »
Does anyone else feel the same way we did during the Suarez title race 3 years back but in February/March that year? The important marker there is February/March because earlier in that season, although we were in the running, we always feared we'd fall off the rails at some point, not only for inconsistency but also that two injuries to our wafer thin squad, would ruin the whole race for us... but around February/March there was this real feeling that we were onto something special, and every single game from then on, was a true march for the title... which of course we let slip... but never mind, cos

the weird thing is that I have that very same feeling right now, and it's not even February/March, it's mid-November and I feel as if we're on that same train right now, with every game edging us closer to it. The fearful might think that's ridiculous, but that's what belief inside oneself feels like. Do you feel it too?
This is what's scaring me. We're in November, look sensational and we might just do something special.

To give you a measure of my unease, on Tuesday night I dreamt that we lost 8-2 to Sunderland. That's just nuts but it felt real and it was horrid!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2016, 08:49:38 pm »

Have mentioned it a few times now.  We seem to have got in the groove much earlier than we did in 13/14.  Back then, by around March it was like we couldn't afford to put a foot wrong because we'd had a few minor slips early on, and despite that amazing run we went on, it ultimately proved too much of an ask.  This time around we're just a fecking crushing machine, and yes we've had a few blips and dropped points but we seem utterly comfortable and totally in control of our own destiny, and now it's the job of the other teams to try and match us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2016, 08:49:02 pm »
Well, still enjoying it?

The crowd and RAWK's half time thread would suggest there are a fair few nerves around.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2016, 08:57:08 pm »
Well, still enjoying it?

The crowd and RAWK's half time thread would suggest there are a fair few nerves around.

It's the desperation for a league title. If we had won one in 13/14 I personally would have been relaxed as fuck for about 10 years  ;D

Once we get that first Premier League I honestly think the relief will help improve the atmosphere so much.
Believe

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2016, 08:57:59 pm »
RAWK's half time thread

Those are always full of negative whingers even if we're winning at half time.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2016, 09:12:23 pm »
It's the desperation for a league title. If we had won one in 13/14 I personally would have been relaxed as fuck for about 10 years  ;D

Once we get that first Premier League I honestly think the relief will help improve the atmosphere so much.

In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't win it.  Brendan would've had a few seasons of goodwill. We'd not have gotten Klopp.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2016, 09:15:12 pm »
I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if we were allowed to play football how it's meant to be played. Two weeks in a row of watching us play wally with ourselves now, gonna be a long season if every teams sets up like that

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2016, 09:21:22 pm »
In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't win it.  Brendan would've had a few seasons of goodwill. We'd not have gotten Klopp.
Not sure if serious...

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »
I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if we were allowed to play football how it's meant to be played. Two weeks in a row of watching us play wally with ourselves now, gonna be a long season if every teams sets up like that

To be fair I think we played some great stuff last week just had terrible finishing for some strange reason! Today and vs United it was really frustrating at times but when you lose Lallana and Coutinho at once it becomes so tough to be quick and creative.

Be thankful you don't have to watch United every week!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2016, 10:56:49 pm »
Not sure if serious...

Absolutely serious. I think Klopp is going to have us competing and winning in a way Brendan never would have.  Gutted for Gerrard missing out, but honestly think things have worked out for the better.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2016, 11:04:41 pm »

That's bizarre. You'd rather have Klopp than have just won the league? Nah. 
Believe

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2016, 11:10:29 pm »
That's bizarre. You'd rather have Klopp than have just won the league? Nah.

I think he's favouring the chance of having sustained success rather than it being a one off.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2016, 11:34:30 pm »
I don't feel desperate for the league. I'd fucking love it if we won it but more important for me is that we're in the mix, playing great football, making the opposition fearful coming here and being written about across the continent as a real, honest to god, scary proposition. Playing free flowing, scintillating football, scoring goals aplenty and having a straight talking, no bullshit genius for a manager.

If we keep doing what we're doing we WILL win things but I'm enjoying this ride too much to get myself wound up about whether THIS is our year.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2016, 12:24:56 am »
It feels like Anfeld is becoming a fortress again and teams are fearing coming. It's like damage limitation for sides who don't have an attack to worry us and those who do come to have a go, like for example Watford, get a hiding.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2016, 09:12:04 am »
please tell me you're fishing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2016, 09:16:25 am »
That's kookie talk

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2016, 09:32:27 am »
In 13/14 when we beat Arsenal......sorry....when we annihilated Arsenal is when I got on the train.

Im enjoying it at the minute but not on board yet. Have looked at the fixtures and at the end of Jan we play Chelsea again. That could be the same kinda marker for me....but defo by Man City in March.

Looking good right now....somehow we're already in December!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline SASDistress

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2016, 10:37:47 am »
I could only ever support this team but man it is hard at times. I've been following them for a decade and I try to watch and stay in the know all the time which is a lot of work sometimes. For example as much as I respect and like Rodgers, I honestly couldn't watch the end of the 14/15 season, it was impossible to be honest, which is sad because of course those were Gerrard's last games. I don't know what it was, I can't think of another time I purposely avoided watching the match. I can take a big loss but when it stacks up, it's just depressing. Momentum is a huge part of it, as great as Klopp has been, we saw at the weekend that the kop isn't loud enough. Why? The momentum isn't there. Despite getting to two finals and playing the best football on England while being in the title race people aren't behind the team fully yet. My theory is worries form 13/14, the long break between this and last season, the international breaks being too often at this point and the few annoying draws.

The second half of the season will be intense (as long as we continue or even improve on this form), we will be much closer to a trophy hopefully and the momentum will build up quickly. If we actually win the cups this time, the momentum will stay I think. Klopp is going for the long term imporvement as expected so in 5 years I think we will be one of the best in the world with the loudest fans.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2016, 10:55:55 am »
I don't feel desperate for the league. I'd fucking love it if we won it but more important for me is that we're in the mix, playing great football, making the opposition fearful coming here and being written about across the continent as a real, honest to god, scary proposition. Playing free flowing, scintillating football, scoring goals aplenty and having a straight talking, no bullshit genius for a manager.

If we keep doing what we're doing we WILL win things but I'm enjoying this ride too much to get myself wound up about whether THIS is our year.

Well I agree with every word except for one thing.... I think that we are about to head into maybe 6/7 games without PC and I think it is going to be 6/7 versions of Sunderland as in fierce battles.. Right now I would take 1-0's all the way ..no questions asked. It won't happen of course. My joy at what we have witnessed is about to be coupled with equal joy at grit fueled knarley 100% brittish 1-0's.
It's just a different kind of joy really.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:03 am »
Nope but in a good way. Games are important once again.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2016, 11:05:13 am »
Absolutely serious. I think Klopp is going to have us competing and winning in a way Brendan never would have.  Gutted for Gerrard missing out, but honestly think things have worked out for the better.

Depends, if we won the league we mightve got deals for Sanchez and co over the line.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2016, 11:06:31 am »

Better? ... only if we do soon go on to win the thing.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2016, 05:10:07 pm »
Wait until he wins it before you say that, although I fully applaud your optimism.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2016, 06:17:56 pm »
Wait until he wins it before you say that, although I fully applaud your optimism.

Unless the owners do something stupid Klopp will win plenty with Liverpool. Not necessarily this season, but eventually for sure.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2016, 09:41:47 pm »
:)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:06 pm »
Always enjoy it when you are not losing. How many games is that now?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:32 pm »
Always enjoy it when you are not losing. How many games is that now?

We are 15 unbeaten

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2016, 10:02:27 pm »
Shaping up to being my favorite season as a Liverpool fan, love the way we are playing, while United look woeful under Mourinho.

I've always enjoyed watching us play, the only seasons I ever felt like losing interest in football were the first half of the 10/11 season and the 14/15 season.

At times during those two seasons the future looked bleak as a Liverpool fan and their didn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Interesting take. First half of 2010-11 was so hard to take. Lowest I've probably been as an LFC fan. Was hard to watch

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2016, 12:00:19 am »

Interesting take. First half of 2010-11 was so hard to take. Lowest I've probably been as an LFC fan. Was hard to watch
First half of 2014-15 was grim as well, the hangover from the 13/14 season ending, with Suarez no longer being at the club and Sturridge getting injured after we bossed Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2016, 05:37:28 am »
We are 15 unbeaten

Only 3 draws as well.  Crazy that we aren't on top after a run like that.  Enjoying every minute of it though. 

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2016, 08:09:43 am »
Very much enjoying it. Like the fact that Origi has been the difference two games in a role. I love the way goals are spread but its important for strikers confidence that they put the ball in the net

Loving our unbeaten run. A proper unbeaten run, spurs take note. Our 3 draws could have easily been wins as well. We are hard to shift

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2016, 08:39:40 am »
First half of 2014-15 was grim as well, the hangover from the 13/14 season ending, with Suarez no longer being at the club and Sturridge getting injured after we bossed Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
yeah that wasnt easy

annoying when you see Balotelli upfront doing fuck all too

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2016, 08:46:56 am »

Can't say this compares. There were 6 teams truly capable of winning the title at the start of the season and now that numbers down to 5. Until at least two more teams drop off that aren't us I'm not going to feel like the race is well and truly on. Right now I still feel there's a piano over our heads. I'll probably loosen up more if or when we qualify for the CL, but I don't truly have that special feeling I had late winter/early spring of 2014.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2016, 08:48:05 am »
What's not to like? The 2nd stringers have just won us a quarter final. Brilliant!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2016, 09:15:45 am »
https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/11/liverpool-2-sunderland-0-match-review/

Above very apt for this thread.
I know what he means about feeling a bit emotional. Good to read that...i was feeling a bit of a soft lad welling up with pleasure & emotion, Istanbul stylee, at some of our goals and games this season. Not floods, just that little choke when you see exactly what you hoped you see...and then you see something even better. That feeling that something's happening.

I think those early away games when the main stand wasn't ready, at some of the toughest places to get a result did us a big favour. They gave us that confidence to fear nobody. 13/14 was a surprise, a Suarez-driven bolt out of the blue. This feels different. Yep, really enjoying it.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2016, 09:21:01 am »
In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't win it.
:o

*bird, hand, bush surely?

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2016, 09:42:44 am »
Well, still enjoying it?

Bloody oath there are some nerves going about. As has been said before it is the wait for a title for so long that is doing it. We could be 30 points ahead in the league and there would still be nerves until we had officially won it.

That being said Im fucking loving it.  :D
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me