Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759180 times)

Online Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #10360 on: April 11, 2021, 03:15:58 pm »
I would not play him on Wednesday.
Not the right game play yourself back into form.
Might be better to come on after 70min and have a run against tired legs.

Agreed.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10361 on: April 11, 2021, 04:26:47 pm »
With the amount of games he played over the last few seasons and how demanding our play style is physically it's not surprising that he is struggling. Him and Firmino need a long rest.

But still we need a young technically gifted player on the left side. Teams play different against us now so we need a player who is very good in tight spaces because Mane isn't also for rotation we just can't play him and Salah every game.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #10362 on: April 11, 2021, 04:29:04 pm »
Surely with the amount of playing - they have reduced training schedules. I remember reading an autobiography during the Souness area and players were made to run miles during the season for a training schedule - doubt barbaric acts like that are going now.

Saw an interview with Jose where he was bemoaning players barely train anymore because of the amount of games.

I suppose mental fatigue is an issue though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:42:20 pm by AmSeeker »

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10363 on: April 12, 2021, 12:43:15 pm »
Was terrible even in that short cameo. Needs a goal, and not just any goal, one where he takes the pants down off a defense and then curls it in to get back his confidence. His careless passing needs to get cut down. We are not flying where we can afford for these. Think he'll eventually get over this hump and start banging em in but it needs to come sharpish, hopefully against Real.

Agreed mate. I remember him going through a phase like this before and he ended it by ripping a volley in against Burnley (?) I think. He then settled into a long run of best Mané.
While it definitely (maybe) has to do with simple exhaustion, taking too many touches (just like Gini), generally bad touch and wrong decisions, I think the biggest factor is simple confidence. He needs a good game, a couple of good goals and I think you will see a different player. Hopefully it will be against Madrid but given the general flow of our season I wouldn't be betting on that.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10364 on: April 14, 2021, 08:47:55 pm »
Safe to say he's still able to beat a defender for pace...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10365 on: April 14, 2021, 08:48:13 pm »
Very good otnight

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10366 on: April 14, 2021, 08:48:26 pm »
Safe to say he's still able to beat a defender for pace...
Needs new boots though.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10367 on: April 14, 2021, 08:54:38 pm »
Please give him a goal, he will come out of this barren spell soon, but would love it to be tonight.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10368 on: April 14, 2021, 08:55:21 pm »
It’s quite obvious that it’s all in his head.

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #10369 on: April 14, 2021, 09:02:56 pm »
I absolutely love Sadio but I do feel he is at his best when he is completely enjoying his football. So yes, I agree with those saying its in his head. I don't think for one moment he has a move on his mind but it might be something he does consider.

The long Covid thing I don't buy. This would have been picked up in training and he would have been suitably looked after.

A goal would do him good yes. I hope it comes tonight!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10370 on: April 14, 2021, 09:04:25 pm »
Hi Sadio, I’ve missed you. Whatever happens this evening it was so lovely to watch a proper Mane in that first half.

Offline Its not bloody Diego

• Main Stander
« Reply #10371 on: April 14, 2021, 09:04:34 pm »
Exceptional so far tonight. Skinned their full back with all you pace you can remember Sadio ever having. Good signs.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10372 on: April 14, 2021, 09:05:51 pm »
Finish that Valverde lad Sadio. He looks fucked.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10373 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:47 pm »
Exceptional so far tonight. Skinned their full back with all you pace you can remember Sadio ever having. Good signs.
He's been shocking

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #10374 on: April 14, 2021, 09:43:55 pm »
He's been shocking

Glad I’m not the only one thinking he’s continued to be out of form.

Offline Newman96

• Look into his eyes. Pure evil.
  • Kopite
« Reply #10375 on: April 14, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »
Glad I’m not the only one thinking he’s continued to be out of form.

Thought the same as well to be honest. Looked livelier than he has done but wasn't very effective at all.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #10376 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:51 pm »
Started with a spark but then back to his recent self...think should have been substituted about 10 mins earlier

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10377 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:13 pm »
Played better but totally lost his goal threat for much of this season and it's hindered us among other things. Hopefully the summer will help him.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10378 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:25 pm »
Honestly, apart from Diogo he is our only player capable of creating something out of a 1v1 situation.
Yes, mo has more goals but i‘d pick sadio over him every day of the week.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10379 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:30 pm »
Honestly, apart from Diogo he is our only player capable of creating something out of a 1v1 situation.

No fucking way. Mane hardly ever shoots anymore.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10380 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:34 pm »

Pretty laughable.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #10381 on: April 14, 2021, 10:03:04 pm »

Seriously? Taking Mane over Mo? Even when they’re both on top form this is feels like a reach, but on current form?

Online palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #10382 on: April 14, 2021, 10:03:44 pm »

What?
We had dreams and songs to sing...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10383 on: April 14, 2021, 10:03:48 pm »

Well good thing you don't do the picking.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10384 on: April 14, 2021, 10:05:18 pm »
Haha fucking hell, this has to be the dumbest post of the night.

“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10385 on: April 14, 2021, 10:06:14 pm »
Haha fucking hell, this has to be the dumbest post of the night.

Not quite, there was one bloke who said Salah can't score in a big game. Soo there's that

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10386 on: April 14, 2021, 10:08:14 pm »
He’s an empty shirt at the moment.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10387 on: April 14, 2021, 10:15:57 pm »
He was full of pace and attacking at speed in recent seasons. He now just slows everything down and comes across really clumsy. Really hope a preseason and fans back in the stsdiums helps him next season. Its like hes in training mode.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10388 on: April 14, 2021, 10:17:21 pm »
I’m not sure a rest does all that much, looking eeringly similar to the sharp declines Sanchez and Torres has, but who knows, he’s done enough to deserve some time to get things together I guess.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10389 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:22 pm »
I just feel like our attack and especially sadio looks much better without mo with the Palace game as the best example. By far our best game attacking wise this season which is
In my opinion because we made much better decisions up front. with mo on the pitch it‘s horrible often times as he is always looking to score even with other players being in better positions. We looked much more fluid without him but looking at his stats i see that its hard to go against him.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #10390 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:34 pm »
It's so painful to me to see him in his current form. Exceptional human being, but not even MLS material at the moment.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10391 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:50 pm »
He started brightly and the then distintegrated into nothingness -hence the empty shirt comment above.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10392 on: April 14, 2021, 10:24:41 pm »
I’m not sure a rest does all that much, looking eeringly similar to the sharp declines Sanchez and Torres has, but who knows, he’s done enough to deserve some time to get things together I guess.

You don't really get time at a club that aims to win leagues and champions leagues. Big decisions needed in the summer for this team, where do we stick or twist and we go again.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10393 on: April 14, 2021, 10:25:49 pm »
I just feel like our attack and especially sadio looks much better without mo with the Palace game as the best example. By far our best game attacking wise this season which is
In my opinion because we made much better decisions up front. with mo on the pitch it‘s horrible often times as he is always looking to score even with other players being in better positions. We looked much more fluid without him but looking at his stats i see that its hard to go against him.

You mean the game Salah scored two goals  ;D

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10394 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:29 pm »
You mean the game Salah scored two goals  ;D

When were already up 5-0, yes

Online palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #10395 on: April 14, 2021, 10:27:49 pm »

You are a strange, strange man.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10396 on: April 14, 2021, 10:29:51 pm »

How about actually looking at the game and not just the stats? But if you want to look at the stats, he [Salah] has created more chances than any of our other forwards this season, he's 3rd in that department behind Trent and Robertson. So the notion that he always looks to score himself is wrong by quite a margin.

So you used one game out of 40 matches to highlight how well we played up front, [ a game in which he scored 2 goals in]. So somehow Mane would have magically played better in front of goal all year long, along with Firmino, had Salah not played?

It's quite a genius theory.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10397 on: April 14, 2021, 10:31:00 pm »
You are a strange, strange man.

I‘m fine with that but looking at the way our season went at times I think it would‘ve been worth it trying that lineup  more often

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10398 on: April 14, 2021, 10:32:10 pm »
How about actually looking at the game and not just the stats? But if you want to look at the stats, he [Salah] has created more chances than any of our other forwards this season, he's 3rd in that department behind Trent and Robertson. So the notion that he always looks to score himself is wrong by quite a margin.

So you used one game out of 40 matches to highlight how well we played up front, [ a game in which he scored 2 goals in]. So somehow Mane would have magically played better in front of goal all year long, along with Firmino, had Salah not played?

It's quite a genius theory.

I just felt it could‘ve been tried more often because it worked so well in that game

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10399 on: April 14, 2021, 10:32:13 pm »
I‘m fine with that but looking at the way our season went at times I think it would‘ve been worth it trying that lineup  more often

yes it would be worth putting your best player on the bench and playing games without him, because Mane and Firmino would automatically start actually scoring goals consistently. Salah is that of a hindrance, despite that he's created more goal scoring opportunities that any of our forwards as well.