The Liverpool FC Forum > The History Board - 1892 to 1994

The History Board

<< < (4/4)

Tsar Kastik:
I found this by way of a retweet by AngelCake on Twitter (This is  obviously a long read so maybe an idea to start at page 11)

The Origins And Development Of Association Football In The Liverpool District - Thomas John Preston [pdf].http://clok.uclan.ac.uk/9733/11/ThomasJohnPreston.pdf

kopdude81:
Hello.

I'm not sure if I've landed this message in the correct location but if not please feel free to relocate mods.

I've got a very specific question that relates to two tunes that are played in that BBC History of Liverpool Video. I'm not sure if anyone remembers it but surely someone will. The video was a favourite of mine as a young fella. Used to watch it almost weekly. It was narrated by John Motson. I had the 1892 - 1992 Centenary version and I think there was an earlier one released around 1987 or 1988. Anyway my questions are as follows:

a) what's the name (and artist) of the tune at the beginning of the video?
b) what's the name (and artist) of the tune around the 1978/79 season? It's played over a sort of montage around that great season showing the goals being banged in. (min 57.40 or so of video below)

I've attached a link to the youtube video of the 1987/88 version below. I'd be great if anyone who knows about this could help out. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4LZ3KSav9U&list=WL&index=21&t=0s

duvva 💅:

--- Quote from: kopdude81 on January 23, 2020, 12:21:20 am ---Hello.

I'm not sure if I've landed this message in the correct location but if not please feel free to relocate mods.

I've got a very specific question that relates to two tunes that are played in that BBC History of Liverpool Video. I'm not sure if anyone remembers it but surely someone will. The video was a favourite of mine as a young fella. Used to watch it almost weekly. It was narrated by John Motson. I had the 1892 - 1992 Centenary version and I think there was an earlier one released around 1987 or 1988. Anyway my questions are as follows:

a) what's the name (and artist) of the tune at the beginning of the video?
b) what's the name (and artist) of the tune around the 1978/79 season? It's played over a sort of montage around that great season showing the goals being banged in. (min 57.40 or so of video below)

I've attached a link to the youtube video of the 1987/88 version below. I'd be great if anyone who knows about this could help out. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4LZ3KSav9U&list=WL&index=21&t=0s

--- End quote ---
Sorry I have no idea about the songs. But thank you for posting, I used to watch that video on an almost daily basis when I was a kid. So much so I can remember a lot of the commentaries and narration off by heart, even though I haven’t watched it in 30 years. Sad I know! If I find out anything regarding the song’s I’ll post.

I take it there’s nothing in the credits at the end of the video? I always thought they were incidental pieces perhaps composed specifically for the video

scampatere:
Hi Im looking for Istanbul pictures, I remember uploading and seeing loads on here somewhere but cant find them - can anyone share a few links please.

Ta

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version