Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1517690 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2960 on: May 14, 2013, 06:45:15 am »
Am I really reading some of the shite on here makes me ashamed to see what our fans have turned into. For everyone who's against pyro go & fuck off. Ive stopped going the match for years now because the atmosphere is shite and there's too many gobshites who tell you to sit down, "oh I cant see sit down" if you want to sit down go the pictures. If your not happy because a bit of smoke spoils your HD video of Reina taking a goal kick your whats wrong with modern football kitted out in your full LFC official clobber. Them smoke bombs against Fulham have actually made me want to start going next season again. There's nothing ive wanted more for years than for us to have a Ultra mentality in our ends.

Some people just dont get it. Supporting your team is not about buying official merchandise. Its about standing on that terrace, loud, non-stop singing & smoke bombs are boss. Who's arsed if you cant see. Ive been to games abroad in the middle of Ultra Curva's and cant even remember what happened on the pitch because ive been too involved with the fans. Its better having pyro, local lads putting 2 fingers up to the FA, officials & fans who "support" this club but have no deep down root connection like I and these young lads have. We're scousers and have been brought up with the old Kop atmosphere, for far too long now our atmosphere has been shite. I stopped going not because I dont love this club, not because the price is too high but purely down to having to actually sit down to watch a match. There's no better feeling than coming home from the game, your legs hurting, your voice gone, your body aching knowin you've give everything to get behind the team and fuck you if youve got a problem with pyro.

Keep it up. And as for people grassing the lads up setting them off your lucky your not in Serbia or Poland you'd be getting knocked the fuck out all over the terrace ya gang of snitches go & support your local team, muppets.

AMF - No pyro, no party - Mentalita Ultras

Amen

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #2961 on: May 14, 2013, 06:46:37 am »
Bad firm of gimps on here. Fulham away looked boss. Compare that to west ham at home and probably 14 other home games this season

Anfield is shite I hope more of the away behaviour is at anfield going forward cause its shite now as it is.
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2962 on: May 14, 2013, 07:12:59 am »
Are you joking?

Or are you genuinely asking for a name?
well, i thought it was some supporter's association that got it out every time. can't think of one individual providing this to be honest?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #2963 on: May 14, 2013, 07:27:23 am »
well, i thought it was some supporter's association that got it out every time. can't think of one individual providing this to be honest?

It is one mans waver.

Frank something. Someone will know his full name.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:00 am »

Drebin. always trouble with that crew.
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline ★deb★, please ?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2965 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:00 am »
trouble?
that banner(flag?) is awesome

Offline brownee61

• Main Stander
  • 'Drinks for the men, we ride at dawn'
« Reply #2966 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:27 am »
Am I really reading some of the shite on here makes me ashamed to see what our fans have turned into. For everyone who's against pyro go & fuck off. Ive stopped going the match for years now because the atmosphere is shite and there's too many gobshites who tell you to sit down, "oh I cant see sit down" if you want to sit down go the pictures. If your not happy because a bit of smoke spoils your HD video of Reina taking a goal kick your whats wrong with modern football kitted out in your full LFC official clobber. Them smoke bombs against Fulham have actually made me want to start going next season again. There's nothing ive wanted more for years than for us to have a Ultra mentality in our ends.

Some people just dont get it. Supporting your team is not about buying official merchandise. Its about standing on that terrace, loud, non-stop singing & smoke bombs are boss. Who's arsed if you cant see. Ive been to games abroad in the middle of Ultra Curva's and cant even remember what happened on the pitch because ive been too involved with the fans. Its better having pyro, local lads putting 2 fingers up to the FA, officials & fans who "support" this club but have no deep down root connection like I and these young lads have. We're scousers and have been brought up with the old Kop atmosphere, for far too long now our atmosphere has been shite. I stopped going not because I dont love this club, not because the price is too high but purely down to having to actually sit down to watch a match. There's no better feeling than coming home from the game, your legs hurting, your voice gone, your body aching knowin you've give everything to get behind the team and fuck you if youve got a problem with pyro.

Keep it up. And as for people grassing the lads up setting them off your lucky your not in Serbia or Poland you'd be getting knocked the fuck out all over the terrace ya gang of snitches go & support your local team, muppets.

Thought this was a really good post.  We are losing our club slowly but surely that's why I think we are seeing so mych debate over a few smoke bombs.

I'm at the point now where I'm having to register for a 'light membership' so I can even think about buying a ticket.  Whatever happened to just going down the back of the main stand to the ticket office and getting your tickets there!?  That is obviously a bit tongue in cheek, but the club do not want the older style fans or the younger kids/local lads that are coming through pyro and all.  They want the sitting down, merchandise buying 'fans' instead.

Pyro, no pyero, do what the fuck you want, it's your ticket, you've paid for it, but at the end of the day enjoy the aways why you can as soon they will be as bad as the home games and Europe will be the only place to have a laugh.

Oh and by the way, flares should be for european nights only...........somethings need to be kept special ;)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2967 on: May 14, 2013, 10:13:50 am »
First of all I want to say that I do think that the affect of the smoke bombs looks great.  I can remember standing on the kop back in the early 80s on a European night, I think we were playing Panathinaikos (it was a long time ago).  I can remember being in awe of their fans down the other end with their flares etc - it looked fantastic.

Right having said that, have any of you actually read up on the Law regarding the use of smoke bombs, flares etc inside sports stadiums?  So long as you are all aware that attempting to enter a stadium in possession of them, or in fact, having entered said stadium, and using such items, you risk a custodial sentence and a likely banning order  of 3 years.  The law does not distinguish between smoke bombs, flares or fireworks - they are treated with equal severity.

THis is not the club trying to spoil your party.  Whether you like it or not, the club have to operate within the framework of the law of the land.  Now you can argue whether you think that law is fair or not, but you cant blame the club here.

Please dont jump on me over this I am just telling you the facts - I am not here to moralise over the use of smoke bombs.

see here

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bombs-Flares-and-Fireworks-Factsheet-for-FSF.pdf
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: May 14, 2013, 10:57:48 am »
First of all I want to say that I do think that the affect of the smoke bombs looks great.  I can remember standing on the kop back in the early 80s on a European night, I think we were playing Panathinaikos (it was a long time ago).  I can remember being in awe of their fans down the other end with their flares etc - it looked fantastic.

Right having said that, have any of you actually read up on the Law regarding the use of smoke bombs, flares etc inside sports stadiums?  So long as you are all aware that attempting to enter a stadium in possession of them, or in fact, having entered said stadium, and using such items, you risk a custodial sentence and a likely banning order  of 3 years.  The law does not distinguish between smoke bombs, flares or fireworks - they are treated with equal severity.

THis is not the club trying to spoil your party.  Whether you like it or not, the club have to operate within the framework of the law of the land.  Now you can argue whether you think that law is fair or not, but you cant blame the club here.

Please dont jump on me over this I am just telling you the facts - I am not here to moralise over the use of smoke bombs.

see here

http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bombs-Flares-and-Fireworks-Factsheet-for-FSF.pdf

No one has a problem with the club telling people to stop, ofc they're going to. They have to, they'll be under all sorts of pressure from the FA/Premier League/Police to get a grip on the situation. The problem are the dickheads in our support that are crying about it because they can't see the game or the smoke hurts their kid's eyes.

If you're that desperate to watch the game stay at home, you'll get a much better view on the telly.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2969 on: May 14, 2013, 11:41:28 am »
No one has a problem with the club telling people to stop, ofc they're going to. They have to, they'll be under all sorts of pressure from the FA/Premier League/Police to get a grip on the situation. The problem are the dickheads in our support that are crying about it because they can't see the game or the smoke hurts their kid's eyes.

If you're that desperate to watch the game stay at home, you'll get a much better view on the telly.
Like I said I am not here to moralise or judge on the matter.  Just if you are to have a debate on the matter you should be aware of all the facts.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2970 on: May 14, 2013, 11:43:10 am »

Did they hurt your eyes at the game mate?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: May 14, 2013, 12:26:24 pm »
Did they hurt your eyes at the game mate?

Nope, I've not been to an away, wish I could though
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2972 on: May 14, 2013, 01:05:31 pm »
Atmosphere was boss on Saturday, anyone moaning about a few smoke bombs should find another sport.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2973 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14:12 pm »
Was in P5 - caught a ball during the warm up and chucked it to some fella further down the row. Saw him getting led out by the police at HT - anyone know why? He try nicking the ball and get chucked out for that?

Edit: smoke bombs are boss.

Haha my mate was gesturing to you to keep it.

Well held by the way!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:17:36 pm by Chivasino »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2974 on: May 14, 2013, 01:16:19 pm »
I'm for flares and smoke bombs. I have been so ever since I was on the Kop v Man Utd the night we drew 3-3. There's no question they improve the atmosphere.

But I'm amazed by some of the responses on this thread to those who question how safe they are. The whole 'fuck off killjoy' theme is literally stupid. Some people have some honest concerns about whether these things can burn skin or cause breathing problems. Liverpool FC, of all clubs, ought to be sensitive to questions of safety.

Alan X's was one of the few posts that addressed the breathing question (though I've no idea if that's the last word), but nobody - so far as I know - has tackled the trickier question of what happens if you're hit or touched by the flame from a flare. I'd have thought the obvious answer is that you're gonna get burned.

It's been suggested that if you don't like flares and smoke bombs then don't go to the game. Someone even compared it to Bonfire night (if you don't like fireworks stay away etc). A dim argument if I ever heard one. Take the fireworks away from Bonfire night and you're left with nothing. Take the fireworks away from footy and you're left with footy.

There's a dilemma there for all of us who like the theatre that comes with flares and stuff. Anyone who just brushes that dilemma aside isn't worth listening to.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Jezza789

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2975 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:16 pm »
On the topic of kids with Asthma I am 18 and have been quite a chronic asthmatic all my life however I have never had a problem with smoke bombs or anything like that, and I'm also someone with a deviated nasal passage so breathing is harder anyway. None of that affects me and if it could seriously harm people it would definitely get me. This "I have Asthma" excuse to anything that goes in the air is quite silly.

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: May 14, 2013, 01:32:42 pm »
I'm for flares and smoke bombs. I have been so ever since I was on the Kop v Man Utd the night we drew 3-3. There's no question they improve the atmosphere.

But I'm amazed by some of the responses on this thread to those who question how safe they are. The whole 'fuck off killjoy' theme is literally stupid. Some people have some honest concerns about whether these things can burn skin or cause breathing problems. Liverpool FC, of all clubs, ought to be sensitive to questions of safety.

Alan X's was one of the few posts that addressed the breathing question (though I've no idea if that's the last word), but nobody - so far as I know - has tackled the trickier question of what happens if you're hit or touched by the flame from a flare. I'd have thought the obvious answer is that you're gonna get burned.

It's been suggested that if you don't like flares and smoke bombs then don't go to the game. Someone even compared it to Bonfire night (if you don't like fireworks stay away etc). A dim argument if I ever heard one. Take the fireworks away from Bonfire night and you're left with nothing. Take the fireworks away from footy and you're left with footy.

There's a dilemma there for all of us who like the theatre that comes with flares and stuff. Anyone who just brushes that dilemma aside isn't worth listening to.

Flares are legitimately a worry. Great as they look they can be pretty dangerous, especially if someone's had a few cans and they're waving it about like there's no tomorrow. Smokes bombs are a completely different kettle of fish and those whining about them should rightly be fucked off.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: May 14, 2013, 01:45:39 pm »
On the topic of kids with Asthma I am 18 and have been quite a chronic asthmatic all my life however I have never had a problem with smoke bombs or anything like that, and I'm also someone with a deviated nasal passage so breathing is harder anyway. None of that affects me and if it could seriously harm people it would definitely get me. This "I have Asthma" excuse to anything that goes in the air is quite silly.

I understand your point about smoke inhalation. But I nearly lost a contact lens once because of a bit of smoke bomb related dry eyes. I had to blink furiously for a good few seconds. Is that what you want is it? A ground full of blinking King Harolds in danger of missing the action on one side of the pitch unless they slightly adjust the position of their necks, with the possibility of some seriously overstretched neck muscles? Blinded and suffering from whiplash with visits to both Specsavers and wearing a big white collar for a few days? It's supposed to be wholesome family entertainment, not the storming of Fallujah. Fucking hell, at least if I go to Madame Helga's House Of Pain, I know what I'm paying for. I do not expect to come back from a match with those sorts of injuries.

Down with this sort of thing.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2978 on: May 14, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »
It is one mans waver.

The surfer? Belongs to Frank Graceffa
We are a team of one half.

Offline Gerrraaaddd

• Kemlynite
  • There is only one Steven Gerrard.
« Reply #2979 on: May 14, 2013, 01:51:54 pm »
hard to take in some of the replies here.

GO back and read the snippet on Echo. When it comes to safety of a person, nothing is more important. Not your personal joy of yelling out when the bomb goes off,hell not even Liverpool. Grow up already.
"No player was more important than Liverpool Football Club" - The one and only,King Kenny. YNWA

JFT 96

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: May 14, 2013, 01:53:39 pm »
Anyone know if that woman has been invited by the club to bring her kid along to meet the players as yet or is she going to continue messaging them all on Twitter begging for retweets and acknowledgment?

Whilst some might have legitimate health concerns, personally myself as do others think she is trying to be a bit of an opportunist to get her name out there.

For every Tony Fernandes down at QPR  giving season tickets to loyal supporters struggling to afford one for next season, there will always be others out for what they can get.

Me cynical? No way...

Offline ghost1359

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: May 14, 2013, 02:22:09 pm »

What makes it worse is she's making out as if all reasonable supporters should want to stamp out this pyro virus, when in actual fact I'd say the majority of people love it.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: May 14, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »
Was in P5 - caught a ball during the warm up and chucked it to some fella further down the row. Saw him getting led out by the police at HT - anyone know why? He try nicking the ball and get chucked out for that?

Yes.  Saw him carrying the ball and bouncing it at half-time.  Was led out for taking the ball.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: May 14, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

spot on lad,
well done to our young lads for bringing the fun back to the match.
look forward to next season aways   

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #2984 on: May 14, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »
In the thick of it Sunday....Pretty timely as well, just before they scored ha

I'm all for smoke bombs personally. Create a much better atmosphere and think there a decent laugh too with the bangs etc. A few people round us left and stood somewhere else without complaining, not from what I heard anyway. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:50:27 pm by Trev20 »

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: May 14, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »
Anyone know if that woman has been invited by the club to bring her kid along to meet the players as yet or is she going to continue messaging them all on Twitter begging for retweets and acknowledgment?

Whilst some might have legitimate health concerns, personally myself as do others think she is trying to be a bit of an opportunist to get her name out there.

For every Tony Fernandes down at QPR  giving season tickets to loyal supporters struggling to afford one for next season, there will always be others out for what they can get.

Me cynical? No way...

What's she doing on twitter like?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2986 on: May 14, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »

Me cynical? No way...

Are you talking about the woman regarding the clip from the Echo that Richie posted?

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: May 14, 2013, 06:35:48 pm »
spot on lad,
well done to our young lads for bringing the fun back to the match.
look forward to next season aways

Sad that a few of our older fans use pyros to criticise the younger away fans and then worry about us being called hooligans and yobs.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2988 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »
I would like to add that I have heard all the stories on Twitter about bully boy mods/scribes before. Didn't really believe it until yesterday. But you live and learn and I now know that side of things. Its a real shame
You're not being bullied, far from it in fact. You're swimming against the tide and crying foul when people don't agree with you. It's not fair at all that Alan puts his point across to you as a fan, and you see it as 'being bullied by a mod'. Genuinely depressing that so many seem to think that everything we post is 'party line'. It isn't, we're users and fans as much as we're moderators and 90% of our posts are not 'moderation'. We really should be allowed to contribute to debates and seen as fans who want to discuss LFC issues (for that's what we are) and not just seen as mods.

He wasn't aggressive in the slightest by the way. Saying 'Don't be a tart' hardly equals 'you're a tart'. Don't take things so personally.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:39:55 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2989 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02:18 pm »
would like to add that I have heard all the stories on Twitter about bully boy mods/scribes before. Didn't really believe it until yesterday. But you live and learn and I now know that side of things. Its a real shame

For clarity - people don't get banned just for having a different opinion (apart from tories, racists, homophobes etc.) I called you a tart because that's what I'd say to a mate who I thought as being a bit melodramatic - like overstating the danger and posting about 'smoke replacing oxygen'... (it doesn't). I said that was ridiculous because it was - that doesn't mean anything about you personally.

If you really took offence I'm more than happy to apologise,
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #2990 on: May 14, 2013, 07:17:26 pm »
Been to 3 aways this season, took my 7 year old lad to all 3,........... he loved them so much.......he bought the tee shirt ;D

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #2991 on: May 14, 2013, 07:20:45 pm »
Sad that a few of our older fans use pyros to criticise the younger away fans and then worry about us being called hooligans and yobs.

I genuinely asked if these "pyros" were dangerous and I didn't mention anybodies age, the lad who answered gave me some abuse. I have been a Liverpool supporter for 63 years and the only places I had seen this "pyros" were in South America and Eastern Europe. I wasn't worried about you or your friends being called yobs, I was worried about all the supporters being called yobs. In the days when Liverpool supporters made their name as the finest and fairest supporters, we created atmosphere with songs, great humour, shouting, cheering our team on. Granted this was in the days before Sky stole the game from under our very noses but I doubt that you and your friends will get it back setting off "pyros"

and that's me finished on this subject.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2992 on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »
Been to 3 aways this season, took my 7 year old lad to all 3,........... he loved them so much.......he bought the tee shirt ;D

That room looks boss! Young lads a belter, keep him at it.

http://pyroclo.co.uk These do other Pyro styles shirts as well
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2993 on: May 14, 2013, 07:38:04 pm »
and that's me finished on this subject.

Don't blame you. Too many people too keen to be offended.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »
I'm a big fan of these smoke bombs but the way people are getting vilified for daring to ask questions or enquire about the use of them is a bit of a joke.

There are perfectly legitimate concerns around the use of these devices. I wouldn't risk using one myself but I think it's added to the atmosphere when I've been at a game so as long as they're used sensibly then I see no problem.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2995 on: May 14, 2013, 08:46:45 pm »

I'm arsed even reading back one page, but I don't recall anyone criticising the fans?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: May 14, 2013, 08:55:20 pm »

Brilliant  :D  :wellin

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: May 14, 2013, 09:01:19 pm »
There's no better sight that a big, fuck-off red cloud of smoke emerge on the scene and engulf the crowd. Its eye-catching and naturally creates excitement - it builds atmosphere.
For those that don't know, for years British gas used similar smoke bombs to check if chimneys were clear when installing new gas fires. Engineers would light a smoke-bomb, if it dispersed up the chimney you have a healthy stack, if it bellowed back down your chimney needed something up it. So they have lost of uses.

However, I'm also a bit surprised at how vehemently people are defending their use. Besides the obvious burn issues of the flares as outlined eloquently by yorkykopite and indeed many others, the inhalation of the smoke from the smoke bombs and flares is not completely harmless. Tell that to people who have severe respiratory issues and who is to say the the small particles aren't harmful to health in the long term.

They are absolutely fucking ace, I love seeing them, buts lets be adult about the possible wider context of regular and deep inhalation.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2998 on: May 14, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »
They are absolutely fucking ace, I love seeing them, buts lets be adult about the possible wider context of regular and deep inhalation.

Are you still skinning them up?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Sausages

• Main Stander
  • This isn't like 'Nam Smoky, there are rules here
« Reply #2999 on: May 14, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »
Took my 7 year old, and neither the smoke bombs, or the firecrackers upset him. Got to be honest, I had a few misgivings at first, along the lines of,"Oh great, now they've got this to beat us with..." but it has to be said, it created a proper buzz, and looked fantastic. It was certainly better than the sterile atmosphere at Anfield lately.