Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by Elmo! on Today at 12:03:16 pm »
I hope they commit to replacing rolling stock with their own trains and gradually phase out TMOCs as well. It's not really full nationalisation otherwise. A good start though.
Strong interest from #LiverpoolFC for #Pacho, defender of #Eintracht @SkySport

@Dimarzio

There’s Matip’s replacement.
General Football and Sport / Re: Skybet Championship Thread
« Last post by thaddeus on Today at 12:02:31 pm »
Five changes for Sky Blues
published at 19:41
19:41
Coventry v Hull (19:45 BST)

This was perhaps to be expected.

Victor Torp, he of the ill-fated fourth goal which never was, Callum O'Hare and Fabio Carvalho miss out entirely while Haji Wright, Ellis Simms and Milan van Ewijk drop to the bench after a long shift at Wembley.

Ben Sheaf and captain Liam Kelly are back in midfield while Kasey Palmer, who missed the FA Cup semi-final through suspension, returns behind lone striker Matty Godden, with Jay Dasilva and Josh Eccles part of the XI.

17-year-old academy forward Aidan Dausch is among the subs.

Coventry XI: Collins; Latibeaudiere, Thomas, Binks, Bidwell; Sheaf, Kelly; Eccles, Palmer, Dasilva; Godden.

Subs: Wilson, Kitching, van Ewijk, Allen, Simms, Wright, Lusala, Andrews, Dausch.

One Change for Tigers
published at 19:42
19:42
Coventry v Hull (19:45 BST)

Liam Rosenior has made one change to the side which drew 0-0 at Watford on Saturday with Liam Delap replacing Ozan Tufan who drops to the bench.

Hull XI: Allsop, Jacob, Greaves, Jones, Slater, Morton, Seri, Philogene, Omur, Carvalho, Delap.

Subs: Ingram, Coyle, Giles, McLoughlin, Tufan, Ohio, Traore, Sharp, Christie.
A weird bit of team news there within the Coventry section.  I guess the author got muddled up with Fabio Tavares.

As it was Carvalho did play and scored a penalty as Hull won 3-2.  They're now three points outside the play-offs but with a considerably worse goal difference and only two games remaining.  Realistically they need West Brom or Norwich to drop points in both of their remaining games.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Last post by LallanaInPyjamas on Today at 12:01:23 pm »
Problem is he'll be in the team and playing great and then get injured. Then comes back and takes a while to get his level back, gets it back and then is injured again, rinse and repeat.

We can't carry all the injuries when he's so rusty when returning.

He got injured against Sparta Prague, maybe don't use injury-prone players in games like that when there's a title on the line.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by filopastry on Today at 12:01:08 pm »
Yeah it is for sure, but no bigger than saying that no flags also made the players play bad, which I don't agree with, we were starting to falter before that also.

I also don't believe Klopp leaving has affected them suddenly, I mean it didn't affect them the two months after he announced and while we picked up a trophy.

Makes more sense to me that players would feel a sense of the unknown and lose moral when the next exciting big coach who was favourite to head here all of a sudden was not coming. That was a big blow to fans as was hearing a massive gamble in Slot was in talks, stuff like that must have a big effect on players. Of course though it's an assumption and we will likely never know.

Maybe the news about Slot travelled back in time and made us shit the bed v Atalanta as well.
« Last post by Kenny's Jacket on Today at 12:00:22 pm »
I hope that's a whoosh because what the fuck do you want? Labour to shake the magic money tree? The economy is on its knees, people are going broke, and we're on the brink of frigging World War 3.

Jeez Christo, it's like for some people Labour can't do anything fucking right. :butt

what a childish reaction

no woosh, just huge disappointment that I still wont be able to get on a train independently.

Where to spend money is always a choice and were not on the brink of WW3.

« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 12:00:20 pm »
Leasing planes/trains etc makes sense though. They take the risk (provided you dont let yourself be held to blackmail).
« Last post by DelTrotter on Today at 11:59:57 am »
Blaming Slot for yesterday is a bit of a reach, this is gonna be a grim few years isn't it? Anything less than an unbeaten league and CL double next season and he'll get hammered.
« Last post by filopastry on Today at 11:59:45 am »
Sometimes you just have to say you aren’t good enough and the other two Teams are better.

As long as we learn from it, then it’s a fine.

I mean the issue I have is that its not that the other 2 teams are better, which they clearly are, its more that they way we are finishing up the season I think half the league is probably better us on current form.

Its just a very disappointing way to finish up Klopp's time in charge,  he deserved a lot more than this capitulation, and a very disappointing response to the pressure coming on at the end of the season.
« Last post by Andy82lfc on Today at 11:58:52 am »
That’s a huge assumption.

Yeah it is for sure, but no bigger than saying that no flags also made the players play bad, which I don't agree with, we were starting to falter before that also.

I also don't believe Klopp leaving has affected them suddenly, I mean it didn't affect them the two months after he announced and while we picked up a trophy.

Makes more sense to me that players would feel a sense of the unknown and lose moral when the next exciting big coach who was favourite to head here all of a sudden was not coming. That was a big blow to fans as was hearing a massive gamble in Slot was in talks, stuff like that must have a big effect on players. Of course though it's an assumption and we will likely never know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10