Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010417 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #8400 on: October 2, 2018, 01:07:12 pm »
One eye is all it takes
To score against PSG
Possibilities
Bobby is all we need

;D

;D

Love this!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8401 on: October 2, 2018, 01:11:41 pm »
Happy birthday lad..

Can't believe he will be 29 in a couple of years.

Oh no. Get rid, too old and past it.

.....but 29 year old Walcott is still in his prime.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #8402 on: October 12, 2018, 12:28:08 pm »
Don't think you are. Its something I've noticed too. Strange for such an intelligent hard working player. Still probably an extremely minor issue when we have our first choice defence.

We don't man mark on set pieces. We have a line of 4/5 closest to the goal who will attack the ball and usually 3 in front of them who are blockers. They are meant to disrupt the momentum of players wanting to run and attack the spaces between the deepest line in our zonal marking.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8403 on: October 12, 2018, 12:35:22 pm »
We don't man mark on set pieces. We have a line of 4/5 closest to the goal who will attack the ball and usually 3 in front of them who are blockers. They are meant to disrupt the momentum of players wanting to run and attack the spaces between the deepest line in our zonal marking.

Here are some gifs to show what I mean. It won't let me embed as it's one of those video gifs on twitter.

https://twitter.com/babuyagu/status/1029516766370775042/photo/1

https://twitter.com/babuyagu/status/1029522010559401984/photo/1

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #8404 on: October 12, 2018, 01:32:45 pm »

That aproach needs a name so the pundits can dismiss it off hand. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8405 on: October 12, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »
That aproach needs a name so the pundits can dismiss it off hand. :)

The systemic blame system? The spaces-don't-score-goals-people-do system?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8406 on: October 12, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »
The systemic blame system? The spaces-don't-score-goals-people-do system?

The ZDA? Zonal Defending Association?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8407 on: October 12, 2018, 02:06:48 pm »
The ZDA? Zonal Defending Association?

I don't know who to blame, or IDKWTB system.

Feel that won't work as an acronym though. Who's Marking Who (WMW) maybe? Nobody's Marking Anybody (NMA).

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8408 on: October 12, 2018, 02:30:54 pm »

Feel that won't work as an acronym though. Who's Marking Who (WMW) maybe? Nobody's Marking Anybody (NMA).

(SDLI) Shearer Doesn't Like It
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #8409 on: October 12, 2018, 03:10:37 pm »

The "pseudo intellectual Spanish twats can go fuck themselves" system....

The "They don't know the league" system.... 

The "See how they like it when it's fired into the mixer and our lads get stuck in" system...

The "Non Terry" system....

The "Not Parker" system...

The "Inverse Merse"

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #8410 on: October 12, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »
"Witchcraft" sums it up from a tv pundit perspective.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8411 on: October 12, 2018, 06:49:10 pm »
We play numerous systems on corners aand free kicks

The Waitforit and go Now Klopp system. (WANK)

the Fuck it Allison will grab it anyway System

The Fuck was Sturridge doing there? System

The VVD is a monster and Lovren will punch you in the bag system

The waaa that was Firmino clearing what was that all about? system

The why was shaq covering crouch ffs Joel move to the tall guy system

and many more
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8412 on: October 13, 2018, 06:41:39 am »
Am I imagining things, or does he lose his man far too often in our box? Probably something which needs addressing as he's generally always in the mix of things.

LIPTSS
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #8413 on: October 17, 2018, 06:29:04 am »
Just waiting for an injury to be reported about Bobby.

Just so we can cry FULL HOUSE!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8414 on: October 17, 2018, 10:20:17 am »
Just waiting for an injury to be reported about Bobby.

Just so we can cry FULL HOUSE!
im tempted to post something in the injury thread to see the fume but itll probably lead to tempting fate and or a ban from here
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #8415 on: October 17, 2018, 03:49:39 pm »

Oh yeah, I remember a pre-Spurs Tim Sherwood launching that pearler on comms.

It's okay to concede as long as you know whose fault it was.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8416 on: October 17, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Oh yeah, I remember a pre-Spurs Tim Sherwood launching that pearler on comms.

It's okay to concede as long as you know whose fault it was.

One of my favourite Rafa moments was him obliterating some journo about zonal vs man to man marking.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8417 on: October 27, 2018, 09:46:54 pm »
Nutmeg, back-heel, on his arse! To save a corner :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8418 on: October 27, 2018, 11:06:06 pm »
That was amazing, anyone got a gif of it? I just couldn't stop laughing!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #8419 on: October 28, 2018, 01:03:08 am »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8420 on: October 28, 2018, 01:27:21 am »
Nutmeg, back-heel, on his arse, pass to a teammate!To save a corner :D

You missed a bit out mate! 😁

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #8421 on: October 28, 2018, 03:23:03 am »
Bobby Firmino really need to step up. Some of his touches has been disappointing to say the least. When Mane/Salah have a bad game, people notice but when Bobby has a bad game, nobody really seem to care. This seem strange and there is Daniel Sturridge who is on form waiting in the wings as a replacement.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8422 on: October 28, 2018, 03:59:04 am »
He will step up he always has and he is one of our most.important players. Sturridge in form is a good thing for everyone, there is plenty of football to be played

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8423 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:01 am »
Bobby Firmino really need to step up. Some of his touches has been disappointing to say the least. When Mane/Salah have a bad game, people notice but when Bobby has a bad game, nobody really seem to care. This seem strange and there is Daniel Sturridge who is on form waiting in the wings as a replacement.

Posted directly after a video showing him nutmegging a player with a back heel PASS while sat on his arse.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8424 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:25 am »
Hes always got outrageous skill in his pocket, but yesterday he seemed a bit off. I personally ally thought he looked like he might sick or maybe struggling with the temperature

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8425 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:30 am »
Hes always got outrageous skill in his pocket, but yesterday he seemed a bit off. I personally ally thought he looked like he might sick or maybe struggling with the temperature

He was way off. It happens but thankfully with classy players like him, it rarely does.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8426 on: October 28, 2018, 09:33:11 am »

That was quality.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8427 on: October 28, 2018, 09:48:34 am »

TBF Bobby is half the player when he is put put wide or as the #10 like yesterday. I don't think he's ever played really well for us in those positions. I understand the need defensively to have him on the pitch but i'd rather play someone else better in the position if we aren't using him as a striker where he is at his best. The biggest issue for me(and always has been) is that Bobby is really sloppy in possession and the deeper we play him, the more he's involved in build up the more trouble we're in when he inevitably gives the ball away under no pressure.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8429 on: October 28, 2018, 10:44:55 am »
He didn't have a 'bad' game. He almost never has these days. That's why nobody seems to point it out. Sometimes he has games where he is less influential, but those are games where others step up and he's more or less happy to give the mantle & limelight to them.

If he's not passing well, there are still so many other things he does right in a game like movement & pressing that it doesn't really matter. He can pull off a skill & bail us out anytime.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8430 on: October 28, 2018, 12:15:37 pm »
He didn't have a 'bad' game. He almost never has these days. That's why nobody seems to point it out. Sometimes he has games where he is less influential, but those are games where others step up and he's more or less happy to give the mantle & limelight to them.

If he's not passing well, there are still so many other things he does right in a game like movement & pressing that it doesn't really matter. He can pull off a skill & bail us out anytime.

Well said.

Klopp put it better than the people suggesting he needs to step up in here! He said he didn't have his most genius game. Totally fair, especially when you consider he was at the world cup, has barely been rotated during this season and has travelled on two international breaks half way round the world.

He needs a rest. I'm glad we gave him a short one yesterday and he has a free week for probably the first time in months

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8431 on: October 28, 2018, 12:30:10 pm »
^ Alisson put something on instagram last night, all the Brasilians and Albie were out singing Gaucho karaoke anthems - I assume in town somewhere having a proper blow out. So it looks like they'll get a deserved rest for a day or two.

And they all had their Liverpool tops on too which I thought was great.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8432 on: October 28, 2018, 12:31:40 pm »

If you watch the game back you will notice the times we found space in dangerous areas yesterday came from him picking up a marker - usually Gunnarsson - and then taking him for a walk out of position. The aim wasn't to influence the game by getting on the ball, but to create space inside the opponents shape with his movement. The important first step to penetration football. If there is no space, you can't exploit it.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8433 on: October 28, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »
^ Alisson put something on instagram last night, all the Brasilians and Albie were out singing Gaucho karaoke anthems - I assume in town somewhere having a proper blow out. So it looks like they'll get a deserved rest for a day or two.

And they all had their Liverpool tops on too which I thought was great.
Alisson then had an argument with some Brazilian Liverpool fan on twitter at 3-5am. :D

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8434 on: October 28, 2018, 12:36:31 pm »
Alisson then had an argument with some Brazilian Liverpool fan on twitter at 3-5am. :D

Ha ha - he's quite a character isn't he.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8435 on: October 28, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »
If you watch the game back you will notice the times we found space in dangerous areas yesterday came from him picking up a marker - usually Gunnarsson - and then taking him for a walk out of position. The aim wasn't to influence the game by getting on the ball, but to create space inside the opponents shape with his movement. The important first step to penetration football. If there is no space, you can't exploit it.

Announcers picked up on that as well - said that Gunnarson was getting run all over the place. Was eventually subbed.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #8436 on: October 28, 2018, 09:47:31 pm »
TBF Bobby is half the player when he is put put wide or as the #10 like yesterday. I don't think he's ever played really well for us in those positions. I understand the need defensively to have him on the pitch but i'd rather play someone else better in the position if we aren't using him as a striker where he is at his best. The biggest issue for me(and always has been) is that Bobby is really sloppy in possession and the deeper we play him, the more he's involved in build up the more trouble we're in when he inevitably gives the ball away under no pressure.
[/quote]

Whilst I do agree with you to an extent, bobby plays a high risk/high reward game. The polar opposite was carra. Bobby with our other 2 play quick passes, quick turns and little carrying with the ball at their considering how good all 3 are. That's a lot of the reason why 433 worked but maybe 4231 is looking a more suspect, less midfielders to cover.
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8437 on: October 28, 2018, 09:49:09 pm »
That's a lot of the reason why 433 worked but maybe 4231 is looking a more suspect, less midfielders to cover.

We never played with a 433, we play with a weird 451 formation where Mane is in midfield and Firmino is the attacking midfielder, with Salah as the center forward. These are Klopp's words

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #8438 on: October 28, 2018, 09:53:58 pm »
Without getting too bogged down with starting positions and defensive positions, we mainly played a 433 last year, e.g. hendo, milly, gini and our front 3. We could never have classified firmino as a 10 then which is what I'm referencing.  What we seen yesterday was firmino as a 10 but trying to play the same game he would have last season
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8439 on: October 28, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »
Without getting too bogged down with starting positions and defensive positions, we mainly played a 433 last year, e.g. hendo, milly, gini and our front 3. We could never have classified firmino as a 10 then which is what I'm referencing.  What we seen yesterday was firmino as a 10 but trying to play the same game he would have last season

but we didn't that's what I'm saying. Look at the average positions from last season. Ignore where we actually start the match and the graphics that are on the telly, look at the average positions and that tells you everything you need to know.