Author Topic: Amazon Fire Stick  (Read 101557 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Amazon Fire Stick
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:47:11 pm »
Got myself a fire stick today very impressed so far better than my old Chromecast.

What are the best dodgy apps to put on it?

So far have put Kodi and it works like a dream. Also put Apps shortcuts and Aptoide on.

Would anyone recommend anything else?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Amazon Fire Stick
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:08:43 pm »
you can install chrome on it as well but fairly useless if you don't have a way of controlling it
STFU and agree with me.

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:23 am »
Want to reiterate the first post. got one of these in the sale yesterday. whats the best way to watch movies and tv shows? with the exception of netflix, prime etc.

are apps easy to install on it?

thanks

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:32:29 am »
Want to reiterate the first post. got one of these in the sale yesterday. whats the best way to watch movies and tv shows? with the exception of netflix, prime etc.

are apps easy to install on it?

thanks

Stick XBMC on the stick you can watch all the latest films TV show its easy to put on via your laptop/PC just need the firesticks IP, Android XBMC and a program called adbFire.

And then set up XBMC.

http://liliputing.com/2014/11/install-xbmckodi-amazon-fire-tv-stick.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:36:13 am by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline markcd

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:59:36 pm »
You can side load the Showbox apk on and that works OK. Navigation is a bit of a pita, but I have Wukong Remote for my Samsung phone, and that makes it usable.

There is also an XBMC project called TVMC which has all the add-ons pre loaded, and that is supposed to work on the FireStick, but I haven't tried it personally. more info at tvaddons.ag

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »
You can side load the Showbox apk on and that works OK. Navigation is a bit of a pita, but I have Wukong Remote for my Samsung phone, and that makes it usable.

There is also an XBMC project called TVMC which has all the add-ons pre loaded, and that is supposed to work on the FireStick, but I haven't tried it personally. more info at tvaddons.ag

Yes I discovered the Wukong Remote earlier at least it has a mouse mode,

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »
The best remote for Kodi on an Android phone is easily Yatse. Even the free version is great.

You should be able to run TVMC alongside Kodi as everything is renamed on it filewise so it shouldn't clash. It doesn't have everything but it has a load of stuff on it and you can use it straightaway. I prefer only having what I actually use on it myself.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 06:20:37 pm by cloggypop »

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 09:02:10 pm »
What are the best add-ons for Kodi? for latest tv shows/movies

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 07:55:20 am »
I find genesis the best, it comes with a host of other add ons when you set up the fusion installer.....

http://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 09:05:02 am »
I recommend Popcorn Time for a massive collection of movies, shows and concerts. Fantastic app, very stable. Works great on my android tv stick (4.4.2 kit kat).

SHowbox has already been mentioned.

MobDro for live tv - several different channels from multiple genres are streamed live. All you need is a decent internet connection and you are good to go.
Phuk yoo

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:40 am »
I like Primewire but you have to go into settings and choose use proxy site and put some like this in http://primewire.in/ otherwise its blocked in the UK.

But also like genesis.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 09:33:25 am »
Any addons that are blocked you can just install a vpn. I use privateinternetaccess. Costs about £4.50 a month or about £25 a year

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 09:41:12 am »
I like Primewire but you have to go into settings and choose use proxy site and put some like this in http://primewire.in/ otherwise its blocked in the UK.

But also like genesis.

Try putlocker.is too. Good repository of movies.
Phuk yoo

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

There is a Showbox add on for Kodi which doesn't require an additional remote.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-showbox-add-on-xbmc-kodi/

You need to download the zip to your PC and then access it via Kodi. To do this use the Dropbox add on DBMC, link that to your Dropbox, drop the zip into there and then access it via the add on.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 12:02:58 pm »

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 12:21:45 pm »
Im getting an error "IPTV Stalker authorisation failed. Any ideas?
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
Im getting an error "IPTV Stalker authorisation failed. Any ideas?
You could pay the subscription for it (I wouldn't do that myself like) or find a different free alternative.

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »
Cheers mate, will try to find an alternative.
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 04:03:41 pm »
Cheers mate, will try to find an alternative.
There's loads here

https://seo-michael.co.uk/best-live-tv-add-ons-for-xbmc-kodi/

IVue TV Guide is busy changing itself to drop Stalker and add other alternatives.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 12:35:51 am »
Just used adb fire to load kodi onto my fire tv and it works great.  Now I'm wanting to push other non kodi related apk files to sideload other apps onto it using adb fire but can't figure it out,  anyone know where to push them to,  it's all kodi related.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »
Whats the deal with Kodi on this? Once installed will it auto update of do you have to fart around with each release?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 12:47:56 am »
Just used adb fire to load kodi onto my fire tv and it works great.  Now I'm wanting to push other non kodi related apk files to sideload other apps onto it using adb fire but can't figure it out,  anyone know where to push them to,  it's all kodi related.

In adbfire there is an option to 'install apk' rather than push the files.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 08:30:53 am »
Just ordered one of these from Amazon. I already use Kodi on my Mac but it'd be good to have something plugged straight into the TV, rather than connecting it via the HDMI cable from my laptop. I'll only be using it for Kodi really, since I've got a PS4 to use Netflix etc. on.

Haven't had much luck with iVue before, but I'll give it a go when I have the stick. All the sports channels still working on that?

Offline JayM

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »
Looking at getting one of these, do you need to sign up to Amazon Prime to use it? Or just have an amazon account?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 03:53:37 pm »
Looking at getting one of these, do you need to sign up to Amazon Prime to use it? Or just have an amazon account?
Need an amazon account, no point in signing up to prime in my opinion just get kodi on it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »
Is Lodi easy to install?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 10:56:20 pm »
Is Lodi easy to install?
Sign into Amazon online and download ES Explorer to your apps. Sign into Your Fire Stick, get ES Explorer from there and use that to put Kodi on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRL4g4x-s8I

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 6, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »
I'm wanting to run the sound from my stick through my amplifier. At the moment the sound comes through the tv only which unfortunately has no audio out connections. Inputs on the back of my amplifier are scart (Sky box connects to this for sound) and there are aux audio inputs (there is an MP3 line in and USB on the front).

I'm thinking this might do the trick, what do you reckon?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »
I'm wanting to run the sound from my stick through my amplifier. At the moment the sound comes through the tv only which unfortunately has no audio out connections. Inputs on the back of my amplifier are scart (Sky box connects to this for sound) and there are aux audio inputs (there is an MP3 line in and USB on the front).

I'm thinking this might do the trick, what do you reckon?
This does indeed do the trick!

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »
Has anyone had any joy putting itv hub on one of these?
Not available in Amazon App Store, I was going to side load an app using adbfire, will this work or is there another way to get on the device?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 12:23:26 pm »
Not available in Amazon App Store, I was going to side load an app using adbfire, will this work or is there another way to get on the device?

Not sure if you can but there is a Kodi add on for ITV Player

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-itv-on-xbmc-kodi/

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 02:25:13 pm »
Cheers!!
Will add that .

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 05:03:20 pm »

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 10:06:07 am »
Just a quick bump, Firesticks are 20 quid today if you've got Amazon Prime. If you haven't, you can sign up for the 30 day trial and cancel it before they start charging you. Grab a bargain. The Fire TV box is reduced, too.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:38 am »
Just a quick bump, Firesticks are 20 quid today if you've got Amazon Prime. If you haven't, you can sign up for the 30 day trial and cancel it before they start charging you. Grab a bargain. The Fire TV box is reduced, too.
just going to post that,,good deal
bollocks

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 01:51:18 pm »
Do you need the fire stick and the box? I want it for my TV mainly. Also can you get movies in HD quality as I've watched stuff on Kodi before and the quality ain't great.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »
I just typed in 'ITV' in the 'search' on the Amazon firestick homepage and it appeared-I couldn't find it when I tried browsing through the apps.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »
Do you need the fire stick and the box? I want it for my TV mainly. Also can you get movies in HD quality as I've watched stuff on Kodi before and the quality ain't great.

Either the stick or the box, the box has more ram and voice remote as standard, and you can hook up an external hard drive to it. I've watched HD movies on the stick through Kodi with no problem. The stick is a great bit of kit at £20.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 02:33:19 pm »
Either the stick or the box, the box has more ram and voice remote as standard, and you can hook up an external hard drive to it. I've watched HD movies on the stick through Kodi with no problem. The stick is a great bit of kit at £20.

Right so the stick is all you need, do you need a blag firestick for the movies or can you access them up with the official one?

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 02:41:38 pm »
Right so the stick is all you need, do you need a blag firestick for the movies or can you access them up with the official one?
you load kodi on the stick then put a build or add on,on it..look in hte kodi thread its pretty simple..
bollocks