The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)

(1/951) > >>

JP-65:
I thought it would be worthwhile to discuss what apps are worth either the effort or money to download.

I've had the Touch since Day 1, and now have a 3G IPhone, so have downloaded quite a few apps over the past year.

I really like FILEMAGNET, which lets you transfer PDF's, Word Docs, JPG's and other files wirelessly between your Mac and IPhone/Touch.  The next release will add Excel and Powerpoint capability.

VICINITY identifies your location, gives you the co-ordinates, and some basic info about where you are, you can then select to see nearby places, bars, restaurants, pubs, banks, cafes, convenience stores, hotels, supermarkets, takeouts, taxi firms etc.  These are listed by proximity, giving you the distance, click a selection and the phone number is linked, as is the url for the place/firm.  Awesome!

What do others like/dislike?

nidgemo:
Will have a post in here later. Good thread idea (which might end up merged, but certainly deserves it's own dedicated space)

seanoevil:
On mine at moment I have IPint (poo), Reuters News, Jirbo Match and Facebook.

The Facebook app works really well, with the chat well integrated.

JP-65:
G-Park is pretty cool......hit it when you park your car, go away, get lost, hit it again.....and it gives you a route back to where you've parked!

fudge:

--- Quote from: JP-65 on July 17, 2008, 03:30:13 pm ---I thought it would be worthwhile to discuss what apps are worth either the effort or money to download.

I've had the Touch since Day 1, and now have a 3G IPhone, so have downloaded quite a few apps over the past year.

I really like FILEMAGNET, which lets you transfer PDF's, Word Docs, JPG's and other files wirelessly between your Mac and IPhone/Touch.  The next release will add Excel and Powerpoint capability.

VICINITY identifies your location, gives you the co-ordinates, and some basic info about where you are, you can then select to see nearby places, bars, restaurants, pubs, banks, cafes, convenience stores, hotels, supermarkets, takeouts, taxi firms etc.  These are listed by proximity, giving you the distance, click a selection and the phone number is linked, as is the url for the place/firm.  Awesome!

What do others like/dislike?

--- End quote ---
there's a few of those location ones though but from what i've seen most seem geared to the US, is Vicinity ok for over here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version