Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3277855 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #10720 on: November 30, 2020, 07:50:43 pm »
Stupid or not.

Ignorant of the rules or not.

Cavani broke the rules and the FA/PL should punish him.

The rest is all media chatter.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10721 on: November 30, 2020, 08:21:20 pm »
It didn’t do the club any good, but what should they have done?

Clearly the players should all have gathered in a huddle on the pitch, and then from out of the middle up popped a smiling Glen Johnson wearing a t-shirt saying "Our Suarez is a friend to all colours."
Clearly.
Sorry, just needed to hear that again.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #10722 on: November 30, 2020, 08:30:06 pm »
I'd also argue Cavani has no excuses being as the whole footballing world knows about the Suarez Evra incident.

Maybe it's an elaborate experiment or a practical joke. Suarez may have told Cavani to call someone 'Negrito', just to see what happens. :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10723 on: November 30, 2020, 08:50:47 pm »
The FA are never going to ban a United player for any length of time.

If Suarez had played for Manchester United, he wouldn't have got a ban either.

Pretty clear that there was a massive anti-Liverpool bias through all that shit.

Define ‘length of time’ Andy. Can think of a couple of high profile times when they did.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10724 on: November 30, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
Define ‘length of time’ Andy. Can think of a couple of high profile times when they did.

But they didn't suspend Fellaini for elbowing people all over the shop. Actually, thinking about it, that was a punishment.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #10725 on: November 30, 2020, 08:58:36 pm »

More than nine months?

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #10726 on: November 30, 2020, 09:28:58 pm »
Let’s see if that gobshite Evra comments on this.  Or is he still to busy telling stories live on Sky about his ex team mate shagging David Moyes’ daughter.  Still can’t believe the c*nt didn’t get sacked for that. 

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10727 on: November 30, 2020, 10:04:56 pm »
The term I keep hearing today is education. It's time to educate the players about language etc.

He's just thick then. Don't be a daft lad and move on. To be honest, I kind of agree with that, but it does stick in the craw a bit.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #10728 on: November 30, 2020, 10:31:51 pm »
The FA are never going to ban a United player for any length of time.

If Suarez had played for Manchester United, he wouldn't have got a ban either.

Pretty clear that there was a massive anti-Liverpool bias through all that shit.

It was Ferguson exercising his influence. The kangaroo court was his own mates ffs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10729 on: December 1, 2020, 12:27:01 am »
On the surface the Suarez/Cavani incidents seem very similar. However the important distinction for the sentencing will be the absence of intent to be racist in the Cavani case. Suarez was adjudged to have intended to hurt Evra using a racist insult. So my guess is that any punishment will be much shorter than Suarez.
To any neutral observer it was obvious that Suarez in no way intended to be racist. Having read the full report at the time it was shockingly biased all the way through. Just read the introduction of the two players; There's half a page on Evra being a model professional, respected, captain of France etc... Suarez is introduced more or less as "some bloke from Uruguay". It was just one mans word against another and it was clear who's word was going to be counted. There were also talk at the time that Evra used the term "Sudaca" when speaking to Suarez. That word can not be interpreted as anything other than very racist towards South Americans. Looking at Evra's history, all the controversies, all the noise, the fights, the 1000% bias towards United (and himself) every single time he speaks on anything it is unfathomable how anyone would take his word about anything ever. On the other hand you'd struggle to hear anyone speak a bad word about Suarez qualities as a human being when he's not in the midst of a match.
The basic reality here is that the word "Negro" is the Spanish word for black. It is NOT comparable to the use of the word negro in the English language. Cavani's post should be read as equal to "my black friend/mate" and to my knowledge, even in England, no one has been prosecuted for saying that?  Just as in Suarez case going after someone for using that term in their own language is ridiculous. In my view it is cultural discrimination and coming from someone in the worlds most dominating colonial power it is also a hypocrisy that is off the scale.
I personally don't think what Cavani, or Suarez, did is a punishable offence, or even an offence, but as a Liverpool supporter I will enjoy the massive mental gymnastics we're going to see over this (Would love to hear Evra on this). I'm also very interested to see what the FA will do. When the FA punished Suarez, by extension they also punished Liverpool and if for nothing other than that reason I want them to do the same now to United even if Cavani, like Suarez haven't done anything wrong. But then after handing out a sentence in line with the current established precedence I think there should be a broad discussion about what racism is, and what it's not.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #10730 on: December 1, 2020, 12:50:52 am »
Let’s see if that gobshite Evra comments on this.  Or is he still to busy telling stories live on Sky about his ex team mate shagging David Moyes’ daughter.  Still can’t believe the c*nt didn’t get sacked for that.

im extremely confident he wont go near it and sky wont pose him any questions on his take, i would be genuinely interested tho to hear him comment on it

ban wise, i suspect the bernardo silva incident will be used as the measuring stick - 1 game ban
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10731 on: December 1, 2020, 05:15:32 am »
Cavani should not be punished. All media and Twatterati and people blathering on about it neeed to sit a course that teaches them that English is not the only language in the world. I know! Shocking, isn't it?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline josh101

• Main Stander
« Reply #10732 on: December 1, 2020, 08:34:06 am »
The term I keep hearing today is education. It's time to educate the players about language etc.

He's just thick then. Don't be a daft lad and move on. To be honest, I kind of agree with that, but it does stick in the craw a bit.
Other way round if anything.

The media and the public should be educated that English isn't the only language in the world, and to try punish a man for something he said to a friend in his own language that is widely known (in their language) as a term of endearment is if anything racist and xenophobic itself. 

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10733 on: December 1, 2020, 08:45:48 am »
All the arguments people are using for Cavani now are the same ones we used for Suarez. There is no shred of them that sees the hypocrisy of it.

As a club and fan base, we were wrong at the time. We shouldn't have worn the t-shirts and we shouldn't have chanted against Evra.

There was a witchhunt against Suarez at the time. As shown by the difference in length of ban between Terry and Suarez. Suarez should have got a 2 match ban.

Listen to Henderson on the Anton Ferdinand documentary.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10734 on: December 1, 2020, 08:49:20 am »

As a club and fan base, we were wrong at the time. We shouldn't have worn the t-shirts and we shouldn't have chanted against Evra.
This seems to be a matter of differering opinions. I was, and remain, cool with it. Other ways of reacting were also available, which would also have been valid. There's not just one answer to every situation.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10735 on: December 1, 2020, 11:11:28 am »
im extremely confident he wont go near it and sky wont pose him any questions on his take, i would be genuinely interested tho to hear him comment on it

ban wise, i suspect the bernardo silva incident will be used as the measuring stick - 1 game ban

Think I read they changed the rules at the start of this season and it's a minimum three game ban now.

EDIT: Yes, here it is: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/30/edinson-cavani-fa-investigation-social-media-instagram-post
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10736 on: December 2, 2020, 09:58:34 pm »
Basically, if Bruno doesn't turn up, they don't win.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10737 on: December 2, 2020, 10:05:11 pm »
No penalties to rescue them?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10738 on: December 2, 2020, 10:07:21 pm »
Basically, if Bruno doesn't turn up, they don't win.

By that do you mean, "if Bruno doesn't get a penalty"?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10739 on: December 2, 2020, 10:09:37 pm »
That's always the problem with neutral refs.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #10740 on: December 2, 2020, 10:10:18 pm »
BT making me laugh. United well beaten and they are digging out the positives like a dung beetle.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10741 on: December 2, 2020, 10:12:44 pm »
Am I missing something here?

It's still very much in their hands. Yes it's less than ideal, but if they can't get a result against Lepizeg they have no business in the Champions League

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10742 on: December 2, 2020, 10:20:53 pm »
They are shite aren't they

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #10743 on: December 2, 2020, 10:21:42 pm »
So all this time we were told we never got injuries to star players, whereas they had Pogba and Martial out for months. Only to realise both are (and as we already know because we're not blinkered) a bit shit and they wish both would feck off.

I know Pogba didn't play tonight but the point stands. To put their injuries in comparison to VvD and Thiago is damn insulting.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2020, 10:45:38 pm by BigCDump »
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10744 on: December 2, 2020, 10:37:52 pm »
Is there anyone, anywhere who wasn't 100% convinced Fred would be hooked at half time to save the inevitable red card ?  Awful awful management not to see that. By awful I mean brilliant. Oh and Maguire getting left of his massive arse for the 3rd goal was hilarious.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #10745 on: December 2, 2020, 10:57:51 pm »
On the surface the Suarez/Cavani incidents seem very similar. However the important distinction for the sentencing will be the absence of intent to be racist in the Cavani case. Suarez was adjudged to have intended to hurt Evra using a racist insult. So my guess is that any punishment will be much shorter than Suarez.
To any neutral observer it was obvious that Suarez in no way intended to be racist. Having read the full report at the time it was shockingly biased all the way through. Just read the introduction of the two players; There's half a page on Evra being a model professional, respected, captain of France etc... Suarez is introduced more or less as "some bloke from Uruguay". It was just one mans word against another and it was clear who's word was going to be counted. There were also talk at the time that Evra used the term "Sudaca" when speaking to Suarez. That word can not be interpreted as anything other than very racist towards South Americans. Looking at Evra's history, all the controversies, all the noise, the fights, the 1000% bias towards United (and himself) every single time he speaks on anything it is unfathomable how anyone would take his word about anything ever. On the other hand you'd struggle to hear anyone speak a bad word about Suarez qualities as a human being when he's not in the midst of a match.
The basic reality here is that the word "Negro" is the Spanish word for black. It is NOT comparable to the use of the word negro in the English language. Cavani's post should be read as equal to "my black friend/mate" and to my knowledge, even in England, no one has been prosecuted for saying that?  Just as in Suarez case going after someone for using that term in their own language is ridiculous. In my view it is cultural discrimination and coming from someone in the worlds most dominating colonial power it is also a hypocrisy that is off the scale.
I personally don't think what Cavani, or Suarez, did is a punishable offence, or even an offence, but as a Liverpool supporter I will enjoy the massive mental gymnastics we're going to see over this (Would love to hear Evra on this). I'm also very interested to see what the FA will do. When the FA punished Suarez, by extension they also punished Liverpool and if for nothing other than that reason I want them to do the same now to United even if Cavani, like Suarez haven't done anything wrong. But then after handing out a sentence in line with the current established precedence I think there should be a broad discussion about what racism is, and what it's not.

If everyone considered contentious issues in this way we'd have peace on earth.  Not bloody likely.
dios esta buena

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10746 on: December 2, 2020, 11:13:56 pm »
In Ole’s words, ‘the ref made a mistake and that’s allowed.’
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10747 on: December 2, 2020, 11:27:33 pm »
Fred has to be one of the worst players I've ever seen. Not even hyperbole.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10748 on: December 2, 2020, 11:28:30 pm »
How was that lad born a Brazilian I ask all the time?  ???

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10749 on: December 2, 2020, 11:32:07 pm »
The real point in Suarez/Evra is that a Spanish language expert said what Evra reported Suarez said didn't seem correct or words to that effect.

He was undoubtedly guilty reading the FA report of acting like a prick.

John Terry less than 12 months later clearly caught on camera gets half the ban.
It's not an anti Liverpool argument. It's an anti England argument.

Cavani will probably get less than 3 matches, possibly nothing more than a fine and a suspended ban

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10750 on: December 2, 2020, 11:32:48 pm »

He's absolutely shite isn't he. Liability all the time. There was this weird thought for a period recently where people were saying he's improved a lot, but he just went to absolutely pish to just pish, for a few games. I don't see what he offers at all

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10751 on: December 2, 2020, 11:42:13 pm »
He's absolutely shite isn't he. Liability all the time. There was this weird thought for a period recently where people were saying he's improved a lot, but he just went to absolutely pish to just pish, for a few games. I don't see what he offers at all
And long may they continue to not see the obvious. They've gone from having Roy Keane in their midfield to this absolute beast of a modern superstar. A destroyer of shins and foreheads. Commander of plebs.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #10752 on: December 2, 2020, 11:43:18 pm »
Tonked!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10753 on: December 3, 2020, 12:00:38 am »
Must have an excellent agent!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10754 on: December 3, 2020, 12:05:28 am »
Corner turned FC  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #10755 on: December 3, 2020, 12:08:23 am »

How the fuck is Fred a Brazilian international, one of the worst Brazilians i've seen on a football pitch at pro level, when you think the players Brazil have had likes of Pele, Sócrates, Ronaldo[the original one] & so on, & they end up with Fred. :o
#Sausages

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10756 on: December 3, 2020, 12:16:29 am »
"Maybe I should have taken Fred off, but he's been playing really well."

"The second one isn't a yellow card, Ander Herrera knows that as well. Ander knows."

1. He said maybe
2. Is he just gonna act like the headbutt didn't happen?
3. Ander knows, but does he care :lmao

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10757 on: December 3, 2020, 12:58:21 am »
How the fuck is Fred a Brazilian international, one of the worst Brazilians i've seen on a football pitch at pro level, when you think the players Brazil have had likes of Pele, Sócrates, Ronaldo[the original one] & so on, & they end up with Fred. :o

He's not a Brazilian International.

Oh, he played for them. When they had two teams going and he was on the B team in a minor tournament.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #10758 on: December 3, 2020, 04:18:33 am »
Their inconsistency is really fun to see. And they're trying to talk themselves into thinking they're in the title race because IF they win their game in hand, they'll only be 2 points behind us
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10759 on: December 3, 2020, 06:53:42 am »
Is there anyone, anywhere who wasn't 100% convinced Fred would be hooked at half time to save the inevitable red card ?  Awful awful management not to see that. By awful I mean brilliant. Oh and Maguire getting left of his massive arse for the 3rd goal was hilarious.

That Fred sequence... Jesus, even without fans refs lose their minds in Old Trafford.

First minute he goes in wild after a bad touch and ends up with his two studs showing and luckily skidding through Veratti's legs. No booking cos it's too early.

Then he absolutely cleans out Mbappe who's racing past him, ref didn't even call a free kick.

Then he headbutts Paredes and the ref, for the first time in contemporary football history, decides it wasn't a good enough headbutt to merit a red card, so gives him a yellow. (Ignore whether Paredes was acting the dick or playacting or anything - this is exactly what Pepe and countless others have been sent off for).

Then — still in the first half — he mistimes another tackle, doesn't win the ball, stamps on Paredes' foot and goes down pretending he's injured... and Paredes gets booked.

Then finally, he goes in wild after another bad touch, does get a flick on the ball, without taking it away from the attacker and completely cleans out the PSG player, and the Savage and the BT lads are all "Well, that's a very harsh second yellow!"

Even Peter Walton, literal ref agent whose job it is to defend whatever decision they come up with, had to be like "Well, he had made himself apparent to the referee with his performance so far."

Honestly the lad had six yellow cards worth of performance out there.

That ref was appalling last night in a way that mixed old schools appalling with new-school VAR assisted appalling.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 06:56:53 am by lamonti »