Author Topic: General Political discussion with kesey-style vibes & tantric breathing stuff...  (Read 359335 times)

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
I thought the interesting part (it could almost be satire, if deliberate, though I don't suppose it was) was the perfectly understandable and proper outrage and offence at any association with the Nazis - which had been entirely lacking amongst those defending Livingstone for his assertions that Hitler started out as a Zionist, who insisted on critics 'disproving' the existence of the Haavara agreement rather than recognise the clearly deliberate offence at being associated with Adolf Hitler.

Quite. But then, faux outrage has always been an expedient tool for those under the spotlight.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
A question then.

Why doesn’t he instigate a truly independent appeals and discipline panel?

What possible reason could there be for THE anti racist party not to?

Yet they haven’t done it.  Odd.
Independent of whom ? Which cases should he intervene in and which cases should he not interfere with ?
Which cases should be dealt with immediately and which cases should have due process ?
I'm asking this because it seems you're all over the place on this subject.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Independent of whom ? Which cases should he intervene in and which cases should he not interfere with ?
Which cases should be dealt with immediately and which cases should have due process ?

Don't tend to like generalising about everyone 'in this thread', but feel confident in saying that everyone else knows what independent means and doesn't share your struggle.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
Don't tend to like generalising about everyone 'in this thread', but feel confident in saying that everyone else knows what independent means and doesn't share your struggle.
I'm not part of your bubble or groupthink and personally I doubt your ability to recognise Independent when you see it...Which is probably why I didn't ask you. 

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not part of your bubble or groupthink and personally I doubt your ability to recognise Independent when you see it...Which is probably why I didn't ask you. 

You're absolutely right, I surround myself in an echo chamber of people who understand the word independent ;D

You've caught me out, should have declared my biases

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
You're absolutely right, I surround myself in an echo chamber of people who understand the word independent ;D

You've caught me out, should have declared my biases
Independent of whom ? I not really interested in  whether you understand the definition of a simple word or not...
But well done anyway give yourself a pat on the back and a nice lolly.     

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Independent of whom ? I not really interested in  whether you understand the definition of a simple word or not...
But well done anyway give yourself a pat on the back and a nice lolly.   

What the fuck is your problem,are you just desperate to get the thread closed  ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Independent of direct influence from anyone with power to influence the outcome of the investigation.

In business this is common practice.  Companies employ independent whistle blowing organizations which will anonymously hear complaints and follow and apply the companies disciplinary policy for them.

You ask questions to which there should already be very well defined answers.  That no one can define these only goes to show what an utter mess this process is in.  They seem to have extremely clear protocols for expelling members for other reasons.

So you ask for things which virtually all organisations seem to have found perfectly workable solutions.
I go into work and call a Jewish person a Zionist cum bucket, I get sacked.  Simple.

It’s really really simple for almost everyone else, so I’m not so sure why it’s difficult for THE anti racist party when it comes to dealing with anti semisemitism. Could there be a reason for that?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Skynews saying why is Jeremy acting fast against Hayter and not other cases. It's because he can sack her from the shadow cabinet thats one of the power he has got but not to intervene in the outcome of  cases being acted on by Jennie.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
I thought the interesting part (it could almost be satire, if deliberate, though I don't suppose it was) was the perfectly understandable and proper outrage and offence at any association with the Nazis - which had been entirely lacking amongst those defending Livingstone for his assertions that Hitler started out as a Zionist, who insisted on critics 'disproving' the existence of the Haavara agreement rather than recognise the clearly deliberate offence at being associated with Adolf Hitler.
And, frankly, Hayter's comments were comparatively mild Hitler references; they were about the siege mentality of Corbyn et al. She might have been unwise to use such references in the present situation, and the mock outrage from the Labour leadership quite predictable. Suddenly, they are concerned about the feeling of Jewish people and members. Really!?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan

What the fuck is your problem,are you just desperate to get the thread closed  ?
Nope, just desperate for the attention. He imagines himself a great thinker, with insights which when he even points out to the rest of us, we still fail to see. Stupid me; stupid us.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:23:39 am by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Something strange is going on at Watson CLP, He cancelled one of the meeting because the members were going to have a vote to move the meetings from delegate ones to all member meetings because it a way the right keep power in the CLPs.

All the local Labour councillors came out in support of Jennie and against the bullyboy tactics of Watson apart from 2 that happened to work for Watson.

And now the Sandwell council leader, CEO, and deputy leader all resign all close allies of Watson.

And rumors that he may face a reselection challenge, surely if he thinks this will happen he will challenge Jeremy he might as well do he would have nothing to lose.

I hope he does that would be great fun.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And, frankly, Hayter's comments were comparatively mild Hitler references; they were about the siege mentality of Corbyn et al. She might have been unwise to use such references in the present situation, and the mock outrage from the Labour leadership quite predictable. Suddenly, they are concerned about the feeling of Jewish people and members. Really!?

They clearly weren't about Nazism, as the spokesperson is hypocritically and antagonistically suggesting (Redmark is spot on about the lack of scorn for their pal Livingstone). It's pretty clearly a comment on demagoguery and the weirdos surrounding Corbyn

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Perverse to enjoy the dismantling of the Labour party so much.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nope, just desperate for the attention. He imagines himself a great thinker, with insights which when he even points out to the rest of us, we still frail to see. Stupid me; stupid us.

Ironically, given he accused me of groupthink for saying I knew what independent meant, he was being factional.

Trying to murky the waters of what Tepid said about independent processes, because he has said the 2010 EDM from Corbyn about Yemeni Jews isn't really sufficient.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Something strange is going on at Watson CLP, He cancelled one of the meeting because the members were going to have a vote to move the meetings from delegate ones to all member meetings because it a way the right keep power in the CLPs.

All the local Labour councillors came out in support of Jennie and against the bullyboy tactics of Watson apart from 2 that happened to work for Watson.

And now the Sandwell council leader, CEO, and deputy leader all resign all close allies of Watson.

And rumors that he may face a reselection challenge, surely if he thinks this will happen he will challenge Jeremy he might as well do he would have nothing to lose.

If you really enjoy seeing the Labour party in this amount of turmoil when this country is facing one its biggest challenges in years, than to be honest you are not much of a Labour supporter are you. Before the guy you so admire took over, this party actually had a purpose now at the one of the most crucial times the party is rooted and directionless yet you want yet more turmoil to overtake it. You are a true Corbynite. After all, who wants to form a Government when you can go on yet more pointless marches?  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
If you really enjoy seeing the Labour party in this amount of turmoil when this country is facing one its biggest challenges in years, than to be honest you are not much of a Labour supporter are you. Before the guy you so admire took over, this party actually had a purpose now at the one of the most crucial times the party is rooted and directionless yet you want yet more turmoil to overtake it. You are a true Corbynite. After all, who wants to form a Government when you can go on yet more pointless marches?  ::)

I thought Trada was a green voter?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
It is like a 'group personality disorder'. Maybe it will be recognised as a thing in psychology/psychiatry in the future. Hey, maybe I've just coined the phrase and the future syndrome will come to be known as Cricket's. Seems apt.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
I think the LibDems should come up with a new slogan for the next GE "We're the ones who aren't batshit fucking crazy"

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
I understand that Trada was one of the entryists after the rules changes under Milliband.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

I find it truly strange how obsessed he is with Tom Watson.  :o

It is like a 'group personality disorder'. Maybe it will be recognised as a thing in psychology/psychiatry in the future. Hey, maybe I've just coined the phrase and the future syndrome will come to be known as Cricket's. Seems apt.

You get the impression its just a game for some of them, truly bizarre the whole lot of them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You say that as if it's a negative thing.

The Greens are a progressive, left-wing party, who put the environment at the forefront of decision making.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan

The Greens are a progressive, left-wing party, who put the environment at the forefront of decision making.
Labour's loss is The Green's gain. :)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
I find it truly strange how obsessed he is with Tom Watson.  :o

He's a Labour official with as much of a mandate in the party as Corbyn. Ergo he must be removed as a threat to Corbyn, so the leader may be undisputed and all authority is derived from him alone, rather than have someone else with an alternative and just as valid power base.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Labour peers consider Corbyn no-confidence vote .... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49031917

Labour peers are poised to hold a vote of no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn's leadership over his response to claims of anti-Semitism in the party.

This follows the sacking of Baroness Hayter - a critic of Mr Corbyn over the issue - as Brexit minister.

The BBC understands Labour peers will hold an emergency meeting on Monday to consider a motion calling for a no-confidence vote.

If passed, a ballot of all Labour peers will follow.

The result would not affect Mr Corbyn's position, however, as it is an expression of opinion rather than in any way binding.

But BBC assistant political editor Norman Smith said such a vote would be "unprecedented".

I wonder which way Shami will vote?...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
I wonder which way Shami will vote?...
Surely, there is no real doubt.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Surely, there is no real doubt.

Sick note is guaranteed

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Labour's loss is The Green's gain. :)

Certainly has been recently  ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Skynews saying why is Jeremy acting fast against Hayter and not other cases. It's because he can sack her from the shadow cabinet thats one of the power he has got but not to intervene in the outcome of  cases being acted on by Jennie.
odd that there are email records of him doing just that.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
CON: 25% (+1)
LAB: 21% (+1)
LDEM: 20% (+1)
BREX: 19% (-2)
GRN: 8% (-1)

via YouGov
Chgs. w/ 10 Jul

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

The Green Party is probably the only one that's half-decent in British Politics.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
All cases should have due process. I'm not in favour of the idea being mooted of automatic expulsion on referral. Cases need to be 'triaged' quickly to determine if a case is serious enough to warrant immediate suspension while investigated (does the behaviour have an immediate, ongoing impact on the ability of others to engage and contribute?). There needs to be clear target timelines for all cases, not just the high profile ones. There needs to be a process for malicious or over-sensitive referrals, too.

Independent of... any perception of political interference. Any disciplinary body which is exposed to (or perceived to be exposed to) several types of potential compromise to it's independence is no longer fit for purpose - and it's worth recognising that that purpose now is not only to deal fairly with accusations of antisemitism, but to be seen to be doing so. That means if the body's leadership or staff is subject to appointment from any other part of the party; or if it's decision making process is subject to arbitrary review by other parts of the party (and yes, I'd include Tom Watson in that).

For the Labour Party currently, that is a problem. Clearly it has to be independent from the leadership - but also right now that needs to extend to independent of bodies accountable to the membership, given clear concerns that the problem stems from the 'new membership' of the party, or at least it's most vocal elements and representatives.

I also recognise there's a bit of hypocrisy from some critics of the leadership on this subject, demanding the leadership crack down on antisemitism, yet also that the leadership does not interfere in the process. That leaves quite a narrow scope for the leadership to provide 'acceptable' focus and urgency. It must be said though that the clearest way to provide that leadership would be to be much clearer about what is unacceptable; and it can't easily do that, because certain elements of the leadership clearly don't get it. A quick glance at any twitter discussion on the subject reveals that there are plenty on the left who simply don't recognise that asking "who is Tom Watson working for?" alongside a list of campaign funding from FoI and a Jewish philanthropist is wrong. It needs to be spelled out by the leadership that being a 'Friend of Israel' - even, a self-proclaimed Zionist - is actually okay within the party. People don't have to agree with the view, but it has to be made clear that the Labour Party is not, and can not become, an organisation dominated by a single ideological purity on the question of Palestine.

So, it's going to have to be independent of the party itself - or a wholly reconstituted body within the party with structure, accountability and remit designed based on independent recommendation - and some degree of auditing - from outside the party. Perhaps something accountable to 'trustees' from within and without the party which do not and cannot be seen to represent - or be immediately reactively accountable to - any particular strand of party opinion.

An institutionally racist organisation cannot fix itself alone. An organisation which believes it is wrongly perceived as institutionally racist should be desperate for independent confirmation.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I thought the latest ploy against Tom (;)) was that Galloway was going to run against him and sweep to a resounding victory for the huddled masses against the bourgeois lackeys of the Zionist conspiracy?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
All cases should have due process. I'm not in favour of the idea being mooted of automatic expulsion on referral. Cases need to be 'triaged' quickly to determine if a case is serious enough to warrant immediate suspension while investigated (does the behaviour have an immediate, ongoing impact on the ability of others to engage and contribute?). There needs to be clear target timelines for all cases, not just the high profile ones. There needs to be a process for malicious or over-sensitive referrals, too.
I think triaged might be exactly right. More minor cases can be dealt with without suspension; more serious (and credible) complaints result in suspension pending outcome of investigation; credible accusations against senior officials result in suspension and a fast tracked investigation.

Perhaps it would require a little more nuance than what I suggested, but it is not that difficult of a concept to stream different kinds of complaint. Certainly, (senior) officials need to be fast tracked. This means that they are not out of operation for longer than necessary; and it also results in making (speedy and publicised) examples of unacceptable behavior.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
The Green Party is probably the only one that's half-decent in British Politics.

The Greens have their fair share of "characters" on the extremes as well

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........

The state of the country does not matter to the hard-core Corbynite like Jizzer. The highest office in the the UK isn’t Prime Minister, it’s the leader of the Labour Party. And so Corbyn has already reached the highest office. Moreover it doesn’t matter that the Labour Party is losing members every day and that one day soon it will lose MPs too. In fact a smaller party would mean a purer party to the Jizzers. And purity means 100 per cent loyalty to Corbyn, no questions asked.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
CON: 25% (+1)
LAB: 21% (+1)
LDEM: 20% (+1)
BREX: 19% (-2)
GRN: 8% (-1)

via YouGov
Chgs. w/ 10 Jul

Add a ton of salt, but the Flavible projection is in the ballpark range for what I've been seeing more quietly from ex-party strategists on polling the past few months. Of course, things can and do change and this is just a snapshot of how things look right now.

Flavible Projection
Con: 272 (-46)
Lab: 194 (-68)
LDem: 84 (+72)
SNP: 53 (+18)
BRX: 24 (+24)
PC: 4 (-)
Grn: 1 (-)
Changes w/ 2017

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
You could get a lib, lab, SNP alliance of it weren’t for one party being pro brexit
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
You could get a lib, lab, SNP alliance of it weren’t for one party being pro brexit

Labour's current policy on a referendum has at least half an eye to the possibility. Thing which some are pointing out is that this is all trying to figure out results when not a lot has changed for a lot of people, especially Brexiteers. So start kicking 10% off the value of their house/s (OBR's prediction of result of 'no deal') and I think we'll be struggling to find too many who'll own to ever voting for it.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1150729977538781187

BREAKING: Labour staff GMB branch has just passed this motion, effectively saying workers have no confidence in leadership over antisemitism, NDAs and citing a 'mental health crisis' among workers. Huge rift between leadership and staff.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1151848798659981313

Am told majority was 124 - 4, to be precise. Many horrified that it had to be a secret ballot, such is the level of fear and suspicion among Labour staff at the moment.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1151853483366199296