Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91740 times)

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #880 on: December 3, 2015, 11:23:07 am »
Team of winners under klopp, amazing play everyone, get in!

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: December 3, 2015, 11:25:09 am »
If he had, he'd have scored more goals, not for us but for Lille.

He has great attributes. But for me he doesn't have what Suarez had in abundance. That desire and hunger to score a goal. Suarez was pissed if he hadn't scored and put everything on the line to score, took risks. I don't see that from Origi just yet.   

He's got to gamble on situations more

Lille scored 43 goals all season, Evian who got relegated only managed 2 fewer. Lewandowski would've struggled to reach more than 15 in that team. They're utter crap in attack, they don't create any chances hardly

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: December 3, 2015, 11:25:22 am »

He has great attributes. But for me he doesn't have what Suarez had in abundance. That desire and hunger to score a goal. Suarez was pissed if he hadn't scored and put everything on the line to score, took risks. I don't see that from Origi just yet.   

I can see what you're saying but not many have that amount of desire that Suarez has. He's an absolute freak of nature when it comes to what he puts into a football match.

I think the gambling on situations will come with confidence and experience. How often do you see a young striker make the wrong run or not follow the ball in? Doesn't mean they don't have a certain type of instinct just means they are raw and need experience imo.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #883 on: December 3, 2015, 11:25:47 am »
When you watch the match again- F*ck me- but Moreno was productive last night!
2 beautiful assists(one being "actually" the goal).

Had that lapse for Sadio's goal, but apart from that, he was great. Also delivered on his now familiar once-per-game sliding tackles from behind, after a blitzing sprint or reaction.

As I said earlier in the week- his crosses - in contrast to Clyne's are more zippy, dangerous(in that they're always in that little space between the goalie and CBs) and has power behind them- all they need is someone to guide them; and he's been unfortunate up till now with there not being any takers.

Last night, we were SOOO effective- 6 goals from 7-on-target, every throughball seems to result in a goal. Mesmerized!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: December 3, 2015, 11:31:54 am »
Formino

Let's call Firmino that, once he plays in form at least couple of games in a row  :P
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #885 on: December 3, 2015, 11:34:39 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U0N1Xutbb_4</a>

Fucking hell, trolls his own club at 4:39

"Are a few people alive that last won this?"

The man is a champion

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: December 3, 2015, 11:35:59 am »
Joe Allen has finally turned into the Welsh Xavi.

Brendan was right all along  ;D
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: December 3, 2015, 11:43:57 am »
Liverpool is  playing much better now, compared to  when Luis Suarez was on the team.
Who? Never heard of him.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #888 on: December 3, 2015, 11:46:25 am »

Klopp mentioned that Origi was in fact putting too much pressure on himself and was trying to show everything that he could do - the advice Klopp gave him was not to do that, to relax and play his normal game.

I think that young Divock has been trying too hard ever since Liverpool snapped him uo - he is going to flourish under JK

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #889 on: December 3, 2015, 11:46:54 am »
Slightly off topic but Mane still looked impressive even when they were being torn apart. He must have watched that back last night when he got back to "Chez Mane" and thought to himself "I'd be the shit in that team".

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: December 3, 2015, 11:49:25 am »

Comparing anyone's will to win with that of Suarez is unfair to put it mildly. On the pitch Suarez is clinically insane... and I mean that in a good way.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: December 3, 2015, 12:05:23 pm »
Some people's arrogance to this trophy is ridiculous.
There are 6 trophies up for grabs every season;
1. The League
You can count on one hand the amount of team that have a 'realistic' chance of winning the league.

2. The CL
You would have had to have finished in the top 4 to even be in the competition in the first place and once in you are hard pressed to look beyond Barca and BM.

3. The FAC
The Great Leveller.

4. Uefa
You would have needed to finish in the top 6, top 7 if an extra place opens up and the long shot is being the best behaved team in the team.

5. The League cup

So why people piss on the League Cup is anyone's business. It's silverware. If you aren't in the game to win trophies then why bother?

It's mad, anyone would think we have won trophies galore in recent seasons. I'd snatch anyone's hand off for the League cup this season.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #892 on: December 3, 2015, 12:05:58 pm »
Is it just me or was Origi's second goal reminiscent of Torres' goal against Utd ? When he took on Ferdinand and wrecked him.

<a href="https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s</a>

https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: December 3, 2015, 12:06:30 pm »
Yeah, he had a very good game.

Instead of his normal side ways passes he was more about moving the ball forwards and linking up with attacking play.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place in Sunday with Can being out. If not then I fear for his future here.

Why? There would be no shame in not keeping a place in the side if it meant Lucas/Hendo started as a midfield pair.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: December 3, 2015, 12:07:57 pm »
It would bring tears to a glass eye!

You do realise that tears come from the ducts, not the eyeball mate. hahaha

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: December 3, 2015, 12:15:57 pm »
It's mad, anyone would think we have won trophies galore in recent seasons. I'd snatch anyone's hand off for the League cup this season.

League Cup?  The Quadruple is on... 

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #896 on: December 3, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »
With Can suspended it will be interesting to see if Allen keeps his place at the weekend.

Over Henderson and Milner? Doubt it. Could see him playing against Sion though.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #897 on: December 3, 2015, 12:26:54 pm »
I think Brentie needs to get a new crystal ball for Xmas..... 8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #898 on: December 3, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »
Peter Krawietz doing his best Rafa impersonation after the 6th goal  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline BigAl24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: December 3, 2015, 12:36:07 pm »
League Cup?  The Quadruple is on...

Defo! My comment was just in response to this being the 'Mickey Mouse' cup however.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #900 on: December 3, 2015, 12:50:20 pm »
Comparing anyone's will to win with that of Suarez is unfair to put it mildly. On the pitch Suarez is clinically insane... and I mean that in a good way.

Probs my favourite description of Suarez i've ever read.   :)
Jesus fuck he'd tear the league apart in this Klopp side.

Anyway. All Scouse final will be fantastic.
Winning the League Cup will provide the platform for us to surge forward in the league, securing top 4 and making the EL final.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #901 on: December 3, 2015, 12:51:55 pm »

Had that lapse for Sadio's goal, but apart from that, he was great. Also delivered on his now familiar once-per-game sliding tackles from behind, after a blitzing sprint or reaction.

As I said earlier in the week- his crosses - in contrast to Clyne's are more zippy, dangerous(in that they're always in that little space between the goalie and CBs) and has power behind them- all they need is someone to guide them; and he's been unfortunate up till now with there not being any takers.

Last night, we were SOOO effective- 6 goals from 7-on-target, every throughball seems to result in a goal. Mesmerized!

He created 3 clear chances at the weekend too (most of anyone in the match)

What's encouraging is he looks like he's getting his head up a bit more... I mean he's still John Arne Riise incarnate .. but if he can cut out the crosses to no one and play some more passes from the byline like one to Ibe for the 5th
The kid is a ridiculous athlete - he's never going to be the most intelligent player and he's a terrible penalty box defender but if he can just improve that he's a really decent fullback

Offline Lord Vader

• Birthday: fourth of May.
  • Anny Roader
  • Sith Master
« Reply #902 on: December 3, 2015, 01:00:21 pm »
Great game to watch for a pessimist like myself.

My only concern at the moment is slamming the brakes on and taking the reality check option as we could still lose to newcastle (although we shouldn't now).

No complaints at the moment, onwards and upwards but i'm dreading the "Believe" threads coming way to soon.

The one and only issue i have from last night was Moreno getting done at the back post which i'm sure was a repeat of a goal a few weeks ago where he was done the same way.

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: December 3, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »
He's quality ain't he ;D

Most amusing post match interview ever.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #904 on: December 3, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »
Allen has just shown how good he is in the last two games. Your fear is misplaced.

Klopp keeps resurrecting players.
Lucas
Lallana
Ibe
Lovren
Origi
Now wee Joe
I say start #freeEnrique

Too bad I dont have twitter

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: December 3, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »
Free Enrique from  his console more like...

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: December 3, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »
I think Brentie needs to get a new crystal ball for Xmas..... 8)

haha.....yep.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: December 3, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »
Probs my favourite description of Suarez i've ever read.   :)
Jesus fuck he'd tear the league apart in this Klopp side.

Anyway. All Scouse final will be fantastic.
Winning the League Cup will provide the platform for us to surge forward in the league, securing top 4 and making the EL final.

I've actually been daydreaming about this myself. Imagine the carnage? Suarez running and jumping round the six yard box, kissing his wrists and snarling like an animal...while Klopp stands on the touchline roaring and grimacing in anger, occasionally throwing the opposition manager to the floor and repeatedly slapping him hard in the face...

Then the ref blows his whistle and the match begins...

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #908 on: December 3, 2015, 01:19:12 pm »

Come on though, that's Suarez! I think it's unfair to compare Origi to one of the all time great South American strikers.

I think it's too soon to say how good Divock will be, he's clearly talented but I'm not sure he knows what sort of player he wants to be. Sometimes it looks like he wants to be an Henry, who drifts off fullbacks and other times he looks like he wants to play the channels as a Kluivert (who his former coach compared him to). Until he starts to define himself then we'll just have to wait and see.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: December 3, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »
Klopp keeps resurrecting players.
Lucas
Lallana
Ibe
Lovren
Origi
Now wee Joe
I say start #freeEnrique

Too bad I dont have twitter

He played 90 minutes for the U21s the other night - at centre-back.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #910 on: December 3, 2015, 01:20:49 pm »
Slightly off topic but Mane still looked impressive even when they were being torn apart. He must have watched that back last night when he got back to "Chez Mane" and thought to himself "I'd be the shit in that team".

Probably the best attacker outside the top 6

Straight swap Benteke for Mane please.
Who says no? Saints play with a target man and he's better than Pelle
Mane with Sturridge would wreck teams

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: December 3, 2015, 01:26:38 pm »

Obviously below Sturridge and Aguero but he's right up there... and still very young. Plus we have a tradition of Senegalese strikers... hopefully we're within spitting distance of putting in a bid.  :)

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #912 on: December 3, 2015, 01:27:27 pm »

Moreno more productive in attack, Clyne more solid in defence. It's a pretty good combination.
Reminds me of Aurelio and Arbeloa.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #913 on: December 3, 2015, 01:31:27 pm »

I wouldn't swap Benteke because he is a different option. A ridiculously expensive option but an option none the less.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: December 3, 2015, 01:35:40 pm »
Wouldn't need to be a swap. We could use a wide forward / striker with pace without compromising Benteke's role in the team. Unfortunately Southampton on general principle would quote us one billion dollars and stand there doing the doctor evil "finger to mouth" thing.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #915 on: December 3, 2015, 01:41:59 pm »
What encourages me with the Origi goals is that they were all a proper strikers finishes. A toe poke to redirect a shot on the edge of the six yard box, a diagonal run and powerful finish and a header from the edge of the six yard box. They’re all goals that he will continue to score if he keeps making those runs and getting into those positions.

They showed a strikers instinct that we haven’t really seen in his previous games. Rodgers was full of enthusiasm when we signed him and until now we hadn’t seen enough but he showed his class last night.

Was it left foot, right foot head?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #916 on: December 3, 2015, 01:43:54 pm »
Is there a link to the goals?  I seen the match but just want to rewatch the goals.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #917 on: December 3, 2015, 01:46:55 pm »
Where do you find players' individual stats for a game?

E.g. passing stats, tackles, ground covered etc...?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #918 on: December 3, 2015, 01:50:45 pm »
Without doubt, the worse minute of football by us, I think I've ever seen. Words need to be said.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #919 on: December 3, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »
Free Enrique from  his console more like...

His orthodontist has him strapped in to the chair
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.