Author Topic: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2  (Read 96857 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Liverpool 2 West Brom 2
« Reply #1040 on: December 16, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »
Withdrawing five hundred pounds from a cash point to help a disabled child whose family couldn't afford a harness for, over a chance encounter at lunch? It's not a great tackle, but in my book he's pretty much 'humane'.

Remember, the Paddy Crerand Bumper Book Of Football is for life not just for Xmas...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1041 on: December 16, 2015, 04:07:11 pm »
had we got the goal tad earlier than the 90th minute we would have pushed for a win with those 8 additional ones. Hope we dont miss anymore sitters and burry our chances till we get into our top gear again. Great to see the Noise in the last ten minutes.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1042 on: December 17, 2015, 12:31:49 am »
Due to a delayed flight I missed the game and have just watched the full replay now.

I can take mostly positives from the game. Each and every one of our players were giving it their all and there's an obvious game plan where every one seems to know their role, whether we're in possession or not. I didn't see heads going down when we went 1-2 down and although I knew the result, I've got grounds to think that if I'd watched it live, I would have thought that there was an odds on chance that we'd snatch an equaliser and that's a belief that I haven't had in a long time. Every top team gives you that. Yes we could do with a couple of more technically aware players but there seems an improvement in the majority in the sense that they've upped their game.

Negatives for me is our goal keeper who I still don't have total faith in but am desperate to be proven wrong and a cutting edge up front. Klopp seems to want to work with Mignolet and I understand him when he made his statement a few days ago about his belief that you should try and work with what you have and try to improve it both in life and football but how far do you take that principle in a situation like this?

Up front it's obvious that with no Sturridge we're going to score a lot less goals with our current strike force. I think that Benteke will have a golden patch soon but he seems to lack consistency. Origi might yet prove a lot of people wrong. He's looking a better footballer than I gave him credit for at the start of the season but I can't see him chalking up a high ratio of goals to games. I'm certain our manager will solve these problems one way or another and sooner rather than later.

Finally you've got to get to the man himself. I only played football to county level so I loathe over analysing a game from a technical point of view with so many more people better qualified to explain and review but as a middle aged fan who has chalked up a fair amount of mileage home and away over several decades, I feel okay to speak about the Holy Trinity and right now it's as if we've re-discovered the Holy Grail.

There's a Spanish man who drinks in my local who is the spitting image of Herr Klopp and I have an overwhelming need to ask him for a cuddle every time I see him, which is about every two nights. He laughed at first but he now thinks I'm the wrong side of weird but I still have to have my cuddle and I fantasise that it's Jurgen. This is the power of the man. Jurgen that it, not Nico, who smells a bit sweaty to be honest and I can't think of Jurgen of being anything else but fragrant with a slight aroma of Schwaben Bräu but Nico will do. Klopp has made me go gooey. My missus is very worried but who can blame me. In the last few minutes of the game he was egging on all the fans behind him in the dug out. Mainly the same sort of middle aged fans, who just a few weeks ago would have pissed off by then but everyone was still there and loads were screaming and singing for their team. Yeah as it should be but it hasn't been happening. What Klopp has achieved in a few weeks is nothing short of miraculous in the way that he's given the team and fans belief and that alone can take you a long way.

Of course the result was disappointing but I thought that overall it was another large stride forwards. WBA's football is fecking shocking but we're going to have to learn to deal with it. It's imperative that for a title challenge next season that we clean up the three points in games like this and I have confidence that the solutions will be in place this time next year.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 12:34:08 am by rojo para la vida »

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #1043 on: December 17, 2015, 12:41:00 am »
I thought hendo played big part in making sure the heads don't drop. He provided great energy to the side. We missed our captain badly and definitely we'll be better team with him in side.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline burriana

• Kopite
  • Oh you beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #1044 on: December 17, 2015, 08:40:12 pm »

Top, top post. Couldn't agree more and my missus is having the same problems as yours.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: December 29, 2019, 06:53:57 am »
In the future, when people will talk about Klopp's team and about its journey towards the top of football, this match will surely be known as the turning point. This was the match where it all began and it will hopefully culminate in a period of dominance for the Reds.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: December 29, 2019, 07:49:33 am »
Read the first page and two things stood out.

"Divock over Benteke'"

And

"Hope Lovren's ok"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: December 29, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »
Was this the match the press slaughtered Klopp for celebrating with the players?  First page is an eye opener
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: December 29, 2019, 01:40:57 pm »
Was this the match the press slaughtered Klopp for celebrating with the players?  First page is an eye opener

Yep.  Laughed at us for celebrating a last gasp draw against West Brom at home.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: December 29, 2019, 01:54:59 pm »
Cheers.  Was a turning point indeed
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline bandu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1050 on: June 29, 2020, 05:18:47 am »
I'm not worried about the medias reaction to Klopp & players thanking the fans, they're a bit thick you see. All Klopp has to do is keeping doing it every home game win, lose or draw and eventually the idiots will catch on. What I find amazing is that he identified the disconnect between the fans and the team, called us out on it 3 weeks ago and actively re-energized it yesterday all whilst encouraging the team to fight to the bitter end in a way I haven't seen since Rafas time. Remarkable.

Honestly I'm delighted that he cares about the fans enough to reach out and make us feel part of the team again.

The watershed moment, this whole thread is gold  :D

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: June 29, 2020, 06:36:01 am »
Absolutely cringe and embrassing celebrating a draw against West Brom like that, we're never going to achieve anything under this manager  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: June 29, 2020, 06:36:14 am »
The watershed moment, this whole thread is gold  :D

Haha I made it to page 5 before I had to tap out. Quite a few doubters turned into believers since then!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1053 on: June 29, 2020, 06:45:41 am »
Come on, the best shout is for Bogdan to be given a chance in goal. What could possibly go wrong....
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1054 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:19 am »
I get the Klopp love in but celebrating a 2-2 draw at home to West Brom, reminds me bit of the Moyes Gif at Fulham.

;D

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad I didn’t slate any legends  :boxhead
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1055 on: June 29, 2020, 07:55:47 am »
Obviously no one would have been impressed with the thought of a draw at kick off.

However...

When you're a goal down deep into injury time then of course you should be relieved to take it. And no issues with Klopp taking the players to the Kop, he's trying to bring back that bond between players and fans. Anyone knocking that can piss off.

We know we have problems. Defending set pieces. A commanding keeper. Poor finishing on the whole. I bet Klopp knows it too. They're problems that can be fixed but not in the very short term and not when flying back from Europe just before the weekend.

We will get better but this season will be very up and down in terms of results. The odd awesome win with some frustrating ones thrown in too. Not to say we can't still win something or get top four, it's not like everyone else is leaving us behind.

Going to have to take the rough with the smooth for a while yet but have faith in our manager. He'll sort us out.

Times like this I search through the thread and sigh with relief/praise myself for being so awesome.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: June 29, 2020, 11:37:10 am »
Times like this I search through the thread and sigh with relief/praise myself for being so awesome.

Damn you you crazy blind squirrel!

(Nice post)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1057 on: June 29, 2020, 11:56:27 am »
Thank god. I would like to see Bogdan be given a PL shot please.

ah them where the days  ;D

How far this team has come!

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #1058 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:30 pm »
;D

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad I didn’t slate any legends  :boxhead

Christian Benteke is first choice
Simon Mignolet is first choice
James Milner is first choice

We may well have the best manager in world football but we'll struggle to achieve much when the above is true. They should be playing for Villa, at best.
Haha we all make mistakes
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1059 on: June 29, 2020, 02:48:50 pm »
Not as bad as this mistake?

Klopp going all Moyes at the end.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: June 29, 2020, 02:49:44 pm »
Haha we all make mistakes

That was the joke ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: June 29, 2020, 02:51:43 pm »
That was the joke ;D
As was this?

Klopp going all Moyes at the end.

Ouch!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: June 29, 2020, 02:57:08 pm »
As was this?

Ouch!

At least she had the sense to delete the post :duh

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: June 29, 2020, 08:28:33 pm »
;D
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1064 on: June 29, 2020, 08:29:34 pm »

Deleted it when, today? Or back in December 2015 in which case you have some memory!

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: June 29, 2020, 08:33:10 pm »
Deleted it when, today? Or back in December 2015 in which case you have some memory!
It was quoted in the thread to be fair.
W

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1066 on: June 29, 2020, 10:27:49 pm »
Thought about this game a few times since Chelsea Beat city

That reaction at the end. That was the start

It’s easy to say it felt it at the time. But it felt it could be.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: June 29, 2020, 10:35:00 pm »
Thought about this game a few times since Chelsea Beat city

That reaction at the end. That was the start

It’s easy to say it felt it at the time. But it felt it could be.

it was for sure.

Almost screwed up in a way by the ridiculous reaction from outside (and some inside), but it really was the start, and enough people ‘got it’ as to see why it was important.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #1068 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:54 pm »
Yes I remember their being a fair degree of laughter at Klopp bringing the team to the kop at the final whistle. Behind the fist pumping and manic celebrations Klopp is a very shrewd thinker about the game. He realised he needed for the fans and the team to reconnect. For the fans to realise that they can play a part in the outcome of a game.
I have to admit I did think it was odd. Only with the benefit of hindsight can we understand the significance of what he was doing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: June 29, 2020, 10:41:00 pm »
Yes I remember their being a fair degree of laughter at Klopp bringing the team to the kop at the final whistle. Behind the fist pumping and manic celebrations Klopp is a very shrewd thinker about the game. He realised he needed for the fans and the team to reconnect. For the fans to realise that they can play a part in the outcome of a game.
I have to admit I did think it was odd. Only with the benefit of hindsight can we understand the significance of what he was doing.

He has since said he didn’t realise at the time it wasn’t a ‘done thing’ in England! So he was pretty startled by the reaction I think at the time.  In Germany, and probably some other leagues, it’s quite normal for teams to go to the fans, even after draws - and even after losses, to thank them for their immense support. 

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1070 on: June 30, 2020, 07:23:43 pm »
I'm stunned that anyone could misinterpret the gesture towards the fans at the end of the match.
Very astute analysis. You'll go far on this forum mate.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #1071 on: July 1, 2020, 05:05:03 am »
Quote from RAWK Meltdown #1 on December 13, 2015, 11:67:46 PM

Ye of little faith. You know, after that show of spirit and Klopp trying to re-galvanise the team-supporter connect it wouldn't at all surprise me if we end up winning the Champion's League against Spurs in 2019 followed by the Premier League title in June 2020 against the backdrop of a global pandemic virus which has us playing the final games behind closed doors after a lengthy season "halt" !!

You know.....I look back to some of the comments I made after that game in 2015, and it's honestly quite spooky how accurate me gut feeling was about Klopp and what would eventually transpire under his management!!

Fucking "believer" !!

That's what I am!

;D

YNWA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: July 1, 2020, 06:23:39 am »

You know.....I look back to some of the comments I made ...

Hã hã  ;D

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1073 on: July 1, 2020, 12:08:53 pm »

You know.....I look back to some of the comments I made after that game in 2015, and it's honestly quite spooky how accurate me gut feeling was about Klopp and what would eventually transpire under his management!!

Fucking "believer" !!

That's what I am!

;D
:lmao :lmao

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #1074 on: July 1, 2020, 12:16:07 pm »
Seriously, at the time I was puzzled by the scorn directed at JK. It seemed like a smart thing to do, and reflected his intuitive understanding of the "holy trinity". I guess he didn't reckon with the Anglo temperament or something. Saluting the crowd is a common thing in other sports, too, so the reaction was all the more difficult to understand. Anyway, JK had it right, and it does seem like the start of the next exciting chapter, which is still being written.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: July 1, 2020, 12:21:15 pm »
I still think there was a level of xenophobia involved with that whole situation or at a minimum a “we don’t do that here in England” situation.

But at the simplest level - it gave the media a negative story to write about Liverpool after all the positive press around Klopps appointment. Negative Liverpool articles get clicks.