Author Topic: Deleted post  (Read 22531 times)

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Deleted post
« on: October 7, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »
Howdy. Can a mod please explain why my post from the being liverpool thread was deleted?  It was in response to a guy saying footballers can't win in regards to the house they buy (referring to jay spearings sensible sized house). I agreed with the poster and the post was deleted later on. Any reason why as it wasn't offensive or controversial in any way. Thanks

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Deleted post
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »
locked til the mod who deleted it comes along and explains if they so wish mate.
Yep.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2012, 12:53:22 pm »
Don't take it personally. Many, many posts have been deleted from that topic. I'm out but think it might have been me, will check more fully when home :wave

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2012, 01:25:13 pm »
Ok turns out it was another mod that deleted it. But to explain - another poster posted a list of bullet points about the documentary which were pretty controversial. This led to some fairly strong reactions and took the topic off course as people were discussing the poster's views rather than the documentary.

The bullet points were deleted and so was any discussion of them which quoted that post, in order to tidy up the topic and make sure it didn't kick off again.

So nothing wrong with your comment, it was just deleted along with many others in an effort to get the discussion back on track.

Hope that helps :wave

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2012, 06:19:41 pm »

Hope that helps :wave

Certainly does my friend.  Thanks for the explanation.  Was just curious as to why it had gone missing but that pretty much explains the reason perfectly.  Plus I know what you mean about that topic - it's got the potential to be a very good one, but some people are just picking faults with the program for the sake of it.

Anyhow, once again, thanks for the reply and clarification  :wave

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »
You're welcome :wave

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »
5th Benitle, what sort of Mod are you? If I don't see a "if you don't like it, fuck off" soon, I'm going to have to report you.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2012, 08:07:49 pm »
5th Benitle, what sort of Mod are you? If I don't see a "if you don't like it, fuck off" soon, I'm going to have to report you.
fookin N0085 eh?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #8 on: October 8, 2012, 08:10:21 pm »
Yea, he needs to sort his shit out does 5th. Its not like our lovely soup nazis to be so nice. Be a fucker, we demand it :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2012, 08:15:13 pm »
fookin N0085 eh?

I seem to recall having to upbraid you on the same matter there, sunshine.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #10 on: October 8, 2012, 08:24:30 pm »
I seem to recall having to upbraid you on the same matter there, sunshine.
Yeah then I turned into a right c*nt. Thanks ;D