Author Topic: COLFC Mother of Dragons. Stadium plans revealed.  (Read 52807 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: City of Liverpool FC
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2016, 07:19:01 am »
Yeh you're just being pedantic then. Change it to realistic places to play within the city boundaries.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2016, 11:53:09 am »
Yeh you're just being pedantic then. Change it to realistic places to play within the city boundaries.

It wasn't intended to hurt your feelings, just a smart arse remark. I thought the rest of my post made that a little bit clearer but I can see how you might have missed that. Soz.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2016, 12:25:49 pm »
The LCFA HQ at Walton Hall Park I would have thought was definitely one.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2016, 01:34:08 pm »

COLFC won again last night...

vs Ashton Town - an away league game - 16/08/2016 : COLFC won 1-0 : match report will likely appear here soon - http://www.colfc.co.uk/1st-team/ashton-town-away/

Next up is Stockport Town - at home - this Friday (19th August) with a 7.45pm kick off.

£5 adults, £3 concessions, children under 15 accompanied by an adult get in for free.

https://twitter.com/CityofLpoolFC
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
There are two...

Hopefully they can find a suitable site. Has anyone considered sharing/developing Jericho Lane with South Liverpool FC? (I know COLFC like to pretend SLFC doesn't exist, but I don't know why?)
Most of the decent sites around liverpool such as wavertree and the field around the dovey to name two are very political from what i understand.
cyas

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »
The LCFA HQ at Walton Hall Park I would have thought was definitely one.

Nope. It's not fully enclosed  which is a requirement of that standard of league.

The old Policeman's Club (I think that's what it was?) on Prescot Road in Fairfield would have been perfect for them to develop but I think they're building houses on there now?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2016, 11:20:02 pm »

The old Policeman's Club (I think that's what it was?) on Prescot Road in Fairfield would have been perfect for them to develop but I think they're building houses on there now?
Yep, many are complete after years & years of the land being unused.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2016, 01:03:59 am »

Won again earlier tonight at home vs Stockport Town; 4-2 - https://twitter.com/CityofLpoolFC  :)

Top crowd of 435!

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2016, 03:06:16 am »
Nice to see a successful start. What are the crowds like at the minute?

One issue I have though is I thought this club was supposed to be within the city boundaries?

Surely basing it in Sefton there's a chance of taking away fans from Bootle/Marine?

Yeah, i'd like somebody to explain it, I don't really understand right now.

I thought the initial goal was a cheap, local club for people inside Liverpool city boundaries to watch since they were priced out of PL clubs? Which I totally support. If it's just based in Sefton, how is it any different than Marine or Bootle? What's the purpose of the club if it isn't based inside the city?

Not trying to have a go because grass roots football is important, I just don't get why it wouldn't have been easier to direct people towards Bootle and Marine if they're happy playing in Sefton. 2 great clubs who could do with more support
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:10:21 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2016, 07:48:21 am »
Been to every game home and away with my lad, i think about half the kop go as well 😃. Great fun, have a pint and a great laugh, some funny banter at the other players, our players, the officials, our board etc.

The footy is good too, 4 wins out of 4 👍

Got myself a season ticket £100 and kids under 15 get in free anyway.

Really enjoying it to be honest.

WE ARE PURPLE      WE ARE EVIL

Here's a clip from last weekend when we snatched the 2nd of two injury time goals to win 3-2 against Bacup Borough.  https://youtu.be/pGWGhQh5hXY
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:02:44 am by hoppyLFC »
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2016, 09:10:57 am »
Yeah, i'd like somebody to explain it, I don't really understand right now.

I thought the initial goal was a cheap, local club for people inside Liverpool city boundaries to watch since they were priced out of PL clubs? Which I totally support. If it's just based in Sefton, how is it any different than Marine or Bootle? What's the purpose of the club if it isn't based inside the city?

Not trying to have a go because grass roots football is important, I just don't get why it wouldn't have been easier to direct people towards Bootle and Marine if they're happy playing in Sefton. 2 great clubs who could do with more support
they couldn't sort a ground out in the city boundaries in time for this season - so it was either wait a year and lose all the momentum they have created or take a year at bootle whilst they sort it out.
cyas

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2016, 07:52:58 pm »
There's been an extensive and ever moving search for a site for a ground.

The initial search resulted in a council officer's report that ruled out a couple of options that COLFC thought were viable and realistic with a little bit of investment - Wavertree Athletics Stadium and the Soccer Centre at Walton Hall Park.

Since then, the search moved onto potential partnership locations, where COLFC would work with an existing site to upgrade the facilities. There are two options still open here and one, which would have been brilliant, that seems to have succumbed to a bit of fear about the potential scale of the club a few years down the line.

In addition, the club has held meetings with AFL (they of the Stanley Park stadium proposal) to investigate the regeneration options for brownfield sites. Proposals include the club working with a development partner to deliver a stadium as part of a wider regeneration brief.  COLFC hopes to be in a position to present something to the council before Christmas.

As far as playing at Bootle is concerned, the club had to have a ground in order to make it into the league this year. This year was a one-off, with the league expanding to 22 teams. Had COLFC not entered at Step 6 this season there was every chance that future applications would rely on stepping into dead men's shoes. This also raises the issue that a new club would add nothing to Step 7 in Liverpool. There's already good teams and good players at that level and below. The problem is higher up the pyramid, manifested in the fact that there is nowhere within the city boundary capable of hosting senior non-league football.

Going to support Marine or Bootle was not an option. Those clubs have been in existence for many years, with their own culture and community. It was not our job to go flooding the memberships with people of our mindset and values, essentially taking over and changing a long standing institution. COLFC is new, it is not a recreation of anything. It's not trying to be a "real" Liverpool or Everton. It's trying to be a footballing manifestation of the city's civic and social identity.

So far, so good. But the key is rapid progress towards a ground in Liverpool. Bear in mind, COLFC has set a two year time limit but AFC Wimbledon are still at the planning stage, FCUM took eight years and many other long standing clubs, like St Helens Town, Merthyr and Darlington, have had years on the road.

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:48 pm »
Highlights from the first four league games:

Chadderton 1 - 3 COLFC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mWJ_B1tpak

COLFC 3 - 2 Bacup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nb05qHfewc

Ashton T 0 - 1 COLFC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37bJtMtO7bk

COLFC 4 - 2 Stockport T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLZQnYY67k

Next up:
AFC Blackpool (a) Saturday 3pm
Atherton LR (h) Monday 3pm

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »
A 2-2 draw yesterday after leading 2-0.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2016, 07:30:08 pm »
The only down side for me is that kit is meant to be purple but it looks quite blue to me...could just be my eyes like though !

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2016, 07:33:18 pm »
The only down side for me is that kit is meant to be purple but it looks quite blue to me...could just be my eyes like though !

It's not your eyes, it's does look like a purpley blue.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:56 pm »
8-0 today
cyas

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2016, 12:23:01 pm »
No way is it purple blue - it's proper purple, none of this light purple stuff.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2016, 12:30:10 pm »
Liverpool lilac?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: September 1, 2016, 01:22:45 am »
AFC Blackpool 2 - 2 COLFC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7W3KbxSdKs

COLFC 8 - 0 Atherton LR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFLpM-WuRo

Next up:
Daisy Hill (a) Saturday 3pm
St Helens Town (h) Tuesday 7.30pm

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: September 1, 2016, 01:36:22 am »
It's not your eyes, it's does look like a purpley blue.

It's adidas purple, as worn by Anderlecht. The shirt is the Tabela, as worn by Wales at the Euros.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: September 7, 2016, 12:28:33 am »
Well done to COL, 5-1 home win tonight v St Helens Town to go back to the top of the league.

Att: 608.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #102 on: September 7, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »
Well done to COL, 5-1 home win tonight v St Helens Town to go back to the top of the league.

Att: 608.

Impressive attendance that for a Tuesday night - higher than some of the EFL Trophy crowds :)

See that COLFC have got Litherland REMYCA in the FA Vase - at home on Sunday with a 3pm kick off -  #upthepurps

Adults £5, Concessions (65+, 16-17, Impaired) £3, Children Under 15 (accompanied by an Adult) FREE.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2016, 02:55:04 pm by oojason »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #103 on: September 7, 2016, 03:59:58 pm »
Impressive attendance that for a Tuesday night - higher than some of the EFL Trophy crowds :)

See that COLFC have got Litherland REMYCA in the FA Vase - at home on Sunday with a 3pm kick off -  #upthepurps

Adults £5, Concessions (65+, 16-17, Impaired) £3, Children Under 15 (accompanied by an Adult) FREE.
If I come with my mrs does that make me impaired and entitle me to a 3 quid admission?

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2016, 01:52:16 am »
If I come with my mrs does that make me impaired and entitle me to a 3 quid admission?

It should do mate - some quality drinks available at the match - so you can impaired by the end of the game too ;)

COLFC lost 2-1 vs Litherland REMYCA on Sunday in the FA Vase.

Great crowd of 711 - and St Joseph's Hospice raised £186 in a bucket collection at the game - well in.

Some top banners at the game too :)

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
City of Liverpool FC
« Reply #105 on: October 2, 2016, 03:18:38 pm »
City of Liverpool Football Club.

Tuesday 4th October 2016

Home (Bootle FC) v Oswestry Town 7.45pm kick off.

Best Winter Coat

As everybody knows, Scousers invented football fashion.

Until our boys started going off to Europe in the mid 1970's, everyone at football matches was dressed abysmally. Budgie jackets, Birmo bags (kecks) and even 3 star jumper's were spotted every now and then?

Within a few short years, everyone was dressing like us (well sort of!) and then claiming to have started the trend, but everybody knows the true strory.
Since then terrace fashions have developed, but one thing does not change; scousers want to look good at the match, starting with the trainees and the jeans, but most importantly with the Winter Coats.
So COLFC is running a Winter Coat Competition, to find the best dressed COLFC supporter this winter.

We have a panel of experts to consider entries including Jockey (owner of scouse super-brand Transalpino), Thomas Keiner (German national who moved to Liverpool because of scouse terrace fashions) Chairmao (once very dapper but now too fat to carry off anything good) & Daniel Nicholson (owner of Distant Echo & Steeple Pine).

We will be awarding points for Style, Artistic Impression, Accesorising & Scouse Attitude and invite entries via Photogragh only at any COLFC match home or away.
We will display some of the entries on this page moving forward, so send your photographs to contact@colfc.co.uk using the subject "Winter Coat"
The winner may well win some kind of Prize, but much more importantly will be the Kudos of being COLFC's best dressed supporter (both Adult & Junior prizes will be awarded).

Dependant upon weather conditions of course???

Rare night off work for me, get yer coats out for the lads...

A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
Bootle FC v AFC Liverpool -Derby Tonight
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2016, 02:45:21 pm »
Hi All,

Got nothing to do tonight or looking for something to do ? Then get down to Bootle FC (Vesty Road off Bridle Road) for the Macron Cup Derby Match against AFC Liverpool !

Bootle FC are trying out a new Friday night formula to see if we can increase attendances. As you all know local amateur footy is really suffering due to lack of investment and there are no longer the sponsors to subsidise clubs like Bootle FC and AFC Liverpool.

Will be a good game and the standard is high (North West Counties Premier Division).

'Footy for a Fiver' is the theme with entry being £5.00 with concessions £3.00. Nice little club and bar with Warsteiner lager (the new H Bomb) is on at 4 for £10 !!

Kick off is 7.45 pm so loads of time for a pre match pint. Loads of parking space and nice burgers as well at £2.00....none of this 'Street Food' lark !

This is the second meeting in 6 days between the 2 clubs with Bootle FC winning the first game in the FA Vase by 6-0 so AFC Liverpool will be out for revenge.Should be a 'competitive' game.

So, instead of sitting in after work, get down to Bootle FC and have a look at what REAL footy used to be like. Mingling with the players and managers and having a bevy and a laugh with your mates.

You won't regret it!

See you there !!!
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
Re: Bootle FC v AFC Liverpool -Derby Tonight
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2016, 03:25:19 pm »
Hi All,

Got nothing to do tonight or looking for something to do ? Then get down to Bootle FC (Vesty Road off Bridle Road) for the Macron Cup Derby Match against AFC Liverpool !

Bootle FC are trying out a new Friday night formula to see if we can increase attendances. As you all know local amateur footy is really suffering due to lack of investment and there are no longer the sponsors to subsidise clubs like Bootle FC and AFC Liverpool.

Will be a good game and the standard is high (North West Counties Premier Division).

'Footy for a Fiver' is the theme with entry being £5.00 with concessions £3.00. Nice little club and bar with Warsteiner lager (the new H Bomb) is on at 4 for £10 !!

Kick off is 7.45 pm so loads of time for a pre match pint. Loads of parking space and nice burgers as well at £2.00....none of this 'Street Food' lark !

This is the second meeting in 6 days between the 2 clubs with Bootle FC winning the first game in the FA Vase by 6-0 so AFC Liverpool will be out for revenge.Should be a 'competitive' game.

So, instead of sitting in after work, get down to Bootle FC and have a look at what REAL footy used to be like. Mingling with the players and managers and having a bevy and a laugh with your mates.

You won't regret it!

See you there !!!

Would love to Friday night non league is quality , but live too far away nowadays , Played for Bootle myself in the late 80's at Copy Lane.

Dressing rooms were a death trap in them days , wires sticking out by the communal showers never mind the rampant towel flicking from the bigger boys !!

Offline Sweeper

• Give a little whistle
  • Kopite
  • Lifelong Rafa Supporter
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2016, 03:33:01 pm »
Not much has changed Shaun.....better stadium now tho' ...pity you can't make it mate. Hoping to get a bigger gate than normal tonight.

You used to play with Mick Cain, Toney Peters, Mick Gilmore etc ?
Cut the Cancer from our club NOW!  Thank you Rafa for your class, dignity, humility...and for being one of us!

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2016, 06:33:05 pm »
I'm only a 5 minute drive away myself so might head down there, sounds like it'd be a good night.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: City of Liverpool FC (And other local non-league sides)
« Reply #110 on: November 4, 2016, 11:10:21 pm »

COLFC are at home vs Cheadle Town in the First Division Cup on Saturday - 3pm kick off.

£5 adults, £3 for 16/17 year olds and OAPs, kids are £1 tomorrow (usually free - but something to do with Cup Rules)

Delta Taxis Stadium, Vesty Road, Bootle, L30 1NY

http://www.colfc.co.uk/

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
The Merseyside (Liverpool specifically) derby
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2016, 02:13:59 am »
It's a big one.

Liverpool Senior Cup 1st round.  AFC Liverpool vs City of Liverpool.  Anybody going?  Thoughts?  Predictions?

I really like the way COLFC have been set up, in the division below AFC but going well and AFC are struggling.  2-0 to the purps.

Supposed to be down South but hoping to make it.

Heard that there's going to be segregation though and no ale, that's a bit shite. 
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Merseyside (Liverpool specifically) derby
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2016, 09:17:09 am »
Surely the thread title should be the Sefton derby??? One for the wools this ;D ;)
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2016, 11:38:27 am »
Surely the thread title should be the Sefton derby??? One for the wools this ;D ;)

Fucking scousers, you wouldn't even be on the map without our docks in Bootle and Seaforth  ;D
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2016, 03:23:37 pm »

It's ALL part of the Liverpool City Region now. Even Warrington might be joining in the fun.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »

AFC Liverpool vs City Of Liverpool

Wednesday 23rd November - 7.45pm kick off - in the Liverpool Senior Cup, 1st Round.

at The Marine Travel Arena, College Rd, Crosby, Liverpool. L23 3AS.  (Marine FC's home ground)

Adults £5,  Seniors £3,  U18’s £2.

http://www.colfc.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/afcliverpool
http://www.afcliverpool.tv/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_Senior_Cup
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/ (NWCFL)
http://www.liverpoolfa.com/

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2016, 01:06:08 pm »

Up The Purps for tonight

Came across this earlier on https://twitter.com/CityofLpoolFC - well worth a read:-

http://www.wearetwohalves.com/blog/2016/11/22/i-cant-help-falling-in-love

Good piece in the Echo too - 'Purple haze - life on the road with City of Liverpool FC':-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/purple-haze-day-road-city-12197124
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:20:00 pm by oojason »

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2016, 08:44:32 am »
!-0 To afc Liverpool, went last night, great turnout from the purps, have to say I used to follow Afc but like others got disillusioned with the way it was going. As soon as I saw a col player with an Everton kit on my pre match neutrality went, I`m well aware that there are Evertonians playing for both sides but he was the only one wearing his everton kit. So result wise I left the ground happy, however the future is definitely Purple. The support base they have and the running of the club seems to be growing in momentum. I jokingly called the ex afc Liverpool fans turncoats for turning towards the purps, no joke anymore,. their club is going to attract more followers than Afc . Good luck in the future to the purps, just have a word with the everton guy to bring his proper kit next time.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #118 on: January 1, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »

COLFC beat Stockport Town away 10-0 yesterday :)

some of the goals are up on https://twitter.com/CityofLpoolFC

at home vs AFC Blackpool this Saturday, 3pm kick off.

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2017, 01:41:44 am »
Twelve league games to go now, in a 42 game season. Second in the league - top two go up and the next four play off for the third promotion place.

In the semi-final of the Reusch (1st Division) Cup and quarter-final of the Macron (NWC Football League) Cup.

Next up, home to Silsden in the League on Saturday, 3pm kick-off. Match sponsored by the North West TUC.